PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Insomniac at gamescom: Resistance 3 Trailer, Ratchet & Clank Recap

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Winfrey on Aug 24, 2011 // Community Intern, Insomniac Games

I went to Germany once. I visited a castle, ate schnitzel – all things you should do as a guest of that fine country. However, the most fun I had was when my exchange family set up a massive LAN party and we played games for 12 hours straight! It was then and there I realized that Germany is ground zero for videogames.

So for this year’s gamescom conference, the Insomniac crew hopped across the pond to show off our anticipated fall titles, including Resistance 3. By now, you’ve probably seen the beautiful new Olly Moss-inspired trailer, right? If you haven’t, I’m giving you permission to stop reading this post for a second to watch it.

The gaming media also experience a new section of Resistance 3 behind closed doors, so expect new previews to start rolling in soon. Fans on the show floor were able to play a single-player demo of the game so they can get a feel for the riveting atmospheric action Resistance 3 has in store.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for PS3

Meanwhile, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One showed up with its guns blazing in a new trailer showcasing the mischievous side of four-player co-op gameplay along with the banter that radiates from the dysfunctional foursome of Ratchet, Clank, Qwark, and Dr. Nefarious. If moving images are a little too exciting for you, check out these screenshots which tease the epic Wigwump battle in the game. Great, now my earthworm nightmares are going to crop back up again.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One was also on the show floor with a new demo for all the attendees to play and enjoy. From the looks of it, boatloads of people have been itching to get their hands on the co-op adventure. No, I mean literally boatloads of people. Look at this picture.

Ratchet & Clank at gamescom

There you have it: gamescom 2011. Luckily, both of these games will be out soon. Resistance 3 drops on September 6th and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One lands on October 18th in North America. Be sure to preorder both titles in order to reap exclusive bonus content. You can also register at www.ratchetandclank.com to get some free PSN Avatars, Home t-shirts and Static Theme! If you want to keep up with all the latest news on both of these titles be sure to follow us on Twitter and “Like” our Facebook page.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for PS3Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for PS3

And with that, we leave you Germany. You are truly a country with gaming (and boats!) at its core. Au revoir! That’s German, right?

+ nino1911 on August 24th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

I can’t wait for Ratchet and Clank All 4 one First Ratchet game I’ll buy.

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Awesome! We really appreciate it! Perhaps you’ll get addicted and buy the rest? :D

+ Livius on August 24th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

So is that Rootworm in Ratchet Chimeran?

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Ha! I’ve never noticed before, but it does kind of look like one. I guess the style is in our DNA now!

+ ZachWuzHere on August 24th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

3rd!

+ Axecution on August 24th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

Resistance and Ratchet in the same year. =D So awesome lol.

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

I know! I pinch myself sometimes just to make sure I’m not dreaming.

+ ha_19-35 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

Loved the trailer of Resistance3 at Gamescom,awseome.What are these rumours that are on Twitter that Insomniac maybe not be the developer for Resistance 4?,is there any truth in this?.

+ zaca21 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

that little girls voice FREAKS ME OUT MAN!!

+ Benmo316 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

That was an amazing Resistance 3 trailer! I feel it would have been better suited as a reveal trailer, though, instead of 2 weeks before the game’s release.

+ KINGstarBUDDY on August 24th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

hey brandon, do you think there will be a ratchet hd collection?

+ Wozman23 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

That R3 trailer is so amazing it should win an Oscar or something.

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Move over Scorsese!

+ Radioactivist on August 24th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Au revoir = french ;)

In german it would be “Auf Wiedersehen”

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

Gracias!

er…

Danke!

+ PaperCarrier on August 24th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

Hope the actual R3 gameplay graphics don’t look like that trailer. LoL

+ ICU-KILLA on August 24th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

Just a few more weeks R3 will be here Yeah.Just got the Beta yesterday and I am loving it.

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

Glad you like it! A patch to clean up a few things is about to drop today!

+ ICU-KILLA on August 24th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

The gameplay grapichic are the best I have seen come out of this studio game looks great and plays very well on the beta has lil things here and there that needs fixing but all is good.

+ BulletTooth228 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

insomniac saying that they giving up on the resistance franchise is a terrible thing.. but then again, LOVED the fist one, second one sucked and we’ll see about the third one.. if they can’t pull it together it might be a good idea to give it up.

If they brought Nathan Hale back this franchise would flourish like they never seen before..

Seems that every decision since the first Resistance has been from bad to worse.. time to bring Nathan back and that mysterious narrating system you had..

+ BulletTooth228 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

and the original MP would be so freaking awesome as well.. STOP TRYING TO COPY cod is NOT your style.. you’re letting everyone down!

+ kabirdsall14 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

So excited for Ratchet! I’m so glad Ratchet isgoing back to having a mode where there is couch play :D

+ GamerMoney on August 24th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

gotta say this, R3 just seems o..so…isk….emotion drien…blah…that just isnt resistance. still interested in story and how it goes on w/o hale. The beta is RFOMish…major plus. Got mine on pre order https://casting.thetester.com/playaplus

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

We think R3 is very Resistance! The most Resistance Resistance yet! I think you’ll feel the same way once you play it.

+ Deathspear666 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

R3=EPIC FAIL!!! Keeps freezing most of the players consoles and everyone keeps getting booted all the time..Pretty sad i pay for PS+ and receive a beat up beta!!!

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

A patch (2.04) is about to be deployed shortly. It should clear up some of the freezing issues. Sorry about the issues!

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

I am loving the R3 beta. I love all the progressive unlocks. It makes me want to keep playing.

Just wanted to make sure that the game is going to have split screen online multiplayer not just campaign split screen. I was under the impression a few months back that R3 would have split screen for campaign AND online multiplayer with dual PSN login. The beta didn’t show any sign of a second player being able to login with me/others. Can I get a final confirmation here pretty Please?

Also want to find out if there were any other modes yet to be revealed. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

That trailer is freakin sweet :D Only two more weeks!!! May the games begin.

+ poodude on August 24th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

I’m loving the Resistance 3 beta! But then again, I loved RFOM and R2 as well. As well, Deathspear666, it’s a beta. It’s supposed to go through this testing. The reason you’re dealing with these problems is so the launch can be as smooth as possible.

+ Kchow23 on August 24th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

No more Resistance games coming from Insomniac after Resistance 3? Kind of expected after going multiplatform, but still disappointed.. what’s next? No more Rachet & Clank games from you guys?

+ WelmoscaBR on August 24th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Oh man this is very amazing!!! I saw this trailer when I was watching Sony Conference live from here…Resistance 3 and Ratchet its the games that I wish more after Uncharted 3…great job guys…I’ll get both cuz I’m a huge fan.

Brandon Winfrey's Avatar

+ Brandon Winfrey on August 24th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Thanks for the support! You won’t be disappointed!

+ rockinjs864 on August 24th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

It’s Kind Of A Good Thing They Aren’t Doing Resistance 4 They Have Lost Thier Touch For The Series.But My Question Is Can Anyone Teel Me If Ratchet And Clank Is Worth Getting I’ve Never Played Any Game From This Series And This One Has Me Interested

+ Punk_JUNKY1989 on August 24th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

@ 6 the little girl’s voice isn’t supposed to sound scary, but it does make me a little uneasy to hear her sounding so afraid and desperate (I think thats what Insomniac was going for)

@18 it’s still just a beta, so the full release could be much better for you.

+ MadMeat001 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

Why bother letting a franchise down? have you at LEAST played one spyro game that wasn’t made by you guy’s? >_>

+ PirateHarlock on August 24th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

With how unpopular R2 was and how much a fiasco R3 is turning out to be they should’ve quit after fall of man. Lots of people like ratchet & clank but still its time to come up with some better ideas. Not only that but make them work. And no running a beta as a promo instead of genuine testing after the discs are in production isn’t a workable idea. Nobody likes a huge Day 0 set of patches to fix bugs that should’ve been found & corrected before release. its not like you guys were short of time.

+ mcx on August 24th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

Trailer looks awesome :D

+ TooTall19 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

Will the R3 mp be functional at launch? I only got to play one match and I was forced to do a hard reset at least 5 times due to freezes while loading/syncing.

+ Scaramanga1983 on August 25th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m very excited to play a shooter with health packs and boss fights. Regenerating health makes games too easy and slow paced. If Resistance 3 features online split screen, it will be a day one purchase for me.

+ M1riflecarrier14 on August 27th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

the beta is astounding, its focused more on progression and stats than R2, R2s MP was too hard and got boring very quickly. no offense, IG ur still one of the best developers out there, also lookin forward 2 R&C: A4O, got hooked by playing ACIT.

+ dilbig5 on September 3rd, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

@PirateHarlock

You should probably get a new hobby besides playing video games. Or just stop playing them completely.