Bloodborne

Starhawk Space Battles at PAX, MLG and more

Harvard Bonin's Avatar + Posted by Harvard Bonin on Aug 24, 2011 // Senior Producer, SCEA

It has been a wild and crazy few months since we announced in May. E3, Comic-Con, Gamescom…and now PAX and MLG! It has really been an incredibly exciting time for us and we truly appreciate all of your support. We announced the title back on May 5th at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX, and it’s been a sweet ride ever since!

It’s easy for us to tell everyone how cool the game is, but we think it’s much more believable if it comes from the fans directly. So, I’ve included a video from some of our great fans at San Diego Comic-Con a few weeks ago right after they got to play the game. Here’s what they had to say!

Next up is PAX Prime in Seattle this weekend, August 26th – 28th. We’ll be on hand to show off our new space station level, the same environment we showed Gamescom last week….but it damn well deserves an encore. You’ll be able to play with the jet packs and prox mines all in the friendly confines of space so come by the show floor and check us out! I’ll be there running the observer cam and will also be giving out some Starhawk t-shirts and Starhawk bags! Best of all you can get your hands on some great multiplayer action and blow some ++bleep++ up! Here’s a little taste of what the space environment looks like. Come to PAX and try it yourself!

Starhawk PAX t-shit

Starhawk PAX bag

Also this week, Starhawk will be playable at the Major League Gaming Pro Circuit in Raleigh, NC. Swing by the PlayStation Compound at the Raleigh Convention Center (500 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 26701) on Saturday, August 27th from 10:00am-10:00pm for a chance to win copies of Starhawk when it releases next year and other awesome PlayStation swag! Details can be found on the MLG website. Remember a spectator pass is required.

PAGE 1 2

+ NiteVersions on August 24th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

I know you probably can’t answer this, but will there be a “Zones” like game mode for Starhawk? I’m not exactly sure how that would work with the build system.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

we’re not entirely sure of all the modes yet but will have more on that down the line

+ Ethereal on August 24th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

I want!!

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

I have :)

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

First! lol

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

or not…oops

+ zaca21 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

@4 ha u not first

+ zaca21 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

yea zones would be cool man

+ Eathin-GO-Eathin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

Definitely looking forward to the Starhawk swag! Can’t wait to try out the new game!

+ Infinite_8s on August 24th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

since i can’t go to PAX will any of you guys be at MLG?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

No one from the dev team will be going. I’m not sure who’s going to be making sure its all cool but I’ll check

+ E112279 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

I’m not into multiplayer. Will the single player campaign be at least 10 hours long?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

+ DROPGRAVY on August 24th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Gimme Gimme Mine Mine Mine

+ WILLDWILL on August 24th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

It’s only a demo but looks better than many finished game out there. I want preorder my Limited Edition. :)

+ Infinite_8s on August 24th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

i checked the MLG website, and says that you guys aren’t there?! whats going down?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

we’re just showing the game there

+ poisonedsodapop on August 24th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

I want some Starhawk swag! I’m not going to Pax though. I asked before but got no response (probably won’t get one again) but are there any plans to include female characters in the multiplayer? I’ve been following this game since it’s announce and have seen no news related to this.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

sorry, nope, not in multiplayer

+ remanutd5 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

is Starwawk coming to playstation vita ?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

nope PS3 exclusive

+ Rorek_IronBlood on August 24th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Really?… You willingly “signed” into contract with those fools and superfluous morons at MLG (Minors Lagging Greatly?!) Talk about some serious issues. I think I just lost some respect for everyone (and that is “sad” considering how, much I do respect this development team. Yikes!)

The apparel aside (which is all fine and well, I suppose.) I just seriously hope this is some prank or joke involving (in any form) MLG.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Thank you for your feedback. Your patrongage is appreciated. Please leave a comment card in the box and management will review shortly. Please also remember to tip your waiters and waitresses. :)

+ Zacky-V-A7X on August 24th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

AWESOME!!! can’t wait for a beta or demo!!

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

more soon on Beta

+ inuyasha5400 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

@Dylan or Harvard can you tell us more about the game in the next post about Starhawk? like unannounced features and about the beta?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

We have another vid we’re working on that we expect to release next week(ish) that really shows off the Space Station level

+ Chase167 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

will there be any playable female characters in MP

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

no plans at this time

+ inuyasha5400 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

@Dylan or Harvard, Will there be multi-PSN login? i would like me and my friends to sign into different accounts on the same ps3 to play starhawk. into ranked servers.

+ Chase167 on August 24th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

please make custom music makes it in

+ Chase167 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

will there be a tournment or something
where you could win championship blade or championship gun or championship golden mecks
just throwing things out there

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

we have a tournament system in game that allows for official and player created tourneys. We’ll have more on that later

+ Rockso78 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

Hard to get excited about Battlefield 3 when Starhawk looks so much more fun.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

I think BF3 will do ok for itself. But thanks!

+ TarzanSr on August 24th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

starhawk should come to the Vita with cross- platform support. That would rip apart any other game that has currently announced that kind of support. (Even Dust)

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

interesting idea but no plans for it

+ JAMKOR on August 24th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

has the release date been announced, yet?

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

not yet 2012 for sure, tho

+ Chase167 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

make some custom starhawk controllers for retail

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

interesting

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

THIS SUCKS IM MISSING OUT ON ALL THE STARHAWK GOODIES..BUT ITS GOOD TO HEAR THAT THE GAME IS IMPRESSING THE FANS..I TOO AM ONE OF THOSE HUGE FANS BUT SINCE MY SON WAS JUST BRON THIS SUMER IT DELAYED ME FROM HEADIN OUT THERE :/. I GUESS I CAN JUST HOPE THAT THERES A GOOD COLLECTORS EDITION TO THIS GAME. I SAY DO A POLL AND SEE WHICH COLLECTORS OPTIOON PEOPLE VOTE ON THE MOST JUST FOR FUN..OR BUSINESS REFRENCE :P I SAY THERE SHOULD BE A WARHAWK MECH MODEL..THAT CAN TRANSFORM INTO A JET ASWELL..NOW THAT WOULD BE SIIIIIICK!…IF NOT FOR A COLLECTORS ITEM THEN JUST GET CONNECTED WITH HASBRO IM SURE THEY ARE VERY EXPERIANCE IN TRANSFORMING TOYS :P

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

we are still looking at the possibility of a Collector’s Edition. What sort of stuff would you like to see in it?

+ JLP_M on August 24th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

Thanks for the info Harvard! I didn’t know about the 1-4 Player Co Op Mode! Sounds like alot is being put into this game! Already paid the game in full, willing to pay extra for a special edition ;)

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

yeah, we haven’t talked about it much but its a really fun alternate mode

+ MPaullin on August 24th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

As someone who considers Warhawk to easily be the best multiplayer game this gen, I was a little disappointed when I first started hearing details from Starhawk (seemed too different). After seeing that trailer, I have no concerns. When will you be taking my money for this??

+ Bilsebob on August 24th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Hey guys,

I loved Warhawk. I can’t wait for Starhawk Beta and the game itself. Please give the ladies of Warhawk and Starhawk their female avatars.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

we’d like to but can’t.

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 24th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

Holy cow did I just hear something about a 1-4 player Co Op mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy Hooray!
Campaign. Check
Split Screen. Check
MP. Check
Co-Op. Check
Vehicles. Check

Holy hell. I think we have 2012 GOTY material here People!
so excited. Preordered.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on August 24th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

I’m about as excited as those in the video! Can’t wait! :)

+ ChaseHammerJ on August 24th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

ah man!

how can i get one of those T-Shirts without being in NC….thats awesome.

+ MarinoBrea on August 24th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

@Harvard Bonin How’s the cover art coming along? When do you think we’ll get a tease of the final art?

You’d better make sure make a REALLY BADASS COVER, of course it will feature Emmett Graves looking all sorts of “don’t mess with me”, but I do hope to see somewhere one of those giant structures deploying troops, maybe a boogie, and a Starhawk wrecking havoc in its path!

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

not for awhile. That’s something we’ll show off closer to relase.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 24th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Just can’t wait to get my hands on it…For sure its gonna be one of the best games of 2012.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

that would be great…however, we’ll be happy just to make a game that’s a blast to play.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

We’ve got a really great video in the hopper right now that we’ll release in the next week or so. I think its the best one yet.

+ LDiablo84 on August 24th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Bonin, please put in female character models in Starhawk multiplayer!! I know there are actually a lot of girls who played Warhawk and are really looking forward to Starhawk.

What better way to acknowledge your female fan base than to let them choose female characters in Starhawk!!

C’mon ladies, let them hear your voice!!!

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

yes, we are aware and love our female players. The game is just too chock full of customizations, structures, weapons and other goodies. We simply don’t have the space. Sorry. It will not happen.

+ poisonedsodapop on August 24th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

I don’t understand why there are no female avatars. The game is obviously still a good ways from launching, how about adding them in? It makes me appreciate a company a lot more if they look out for the female gamers as well as the male. We want customization too. I don’t like pink so no I won’t use pink to identify I’m a female. I mean the game looks amazing and if I got some buds picking it up I’ll probably still pick it up, but it’d be nice to know that a company is looking out for the girls. Uncharted 2 did it, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood did it, Metal Gear Online did it, I believe even Resistance did it.

+ poisonedsodapop on August 24th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Awww I just read your last reply. Sad news. I’ll take some females via DLC. Or how about a swag bag to make me feel better? :D

I’ll be looking out for more Starhawk news. It’s one of the few games I’m looking forward to in 2012.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

come to PAX. Swag-a-plenty in Seattle!

+ EvoAnubis on August 24th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

“It’ll be comparable in length to any top of the line shooter. We also have a 1-4 player co-op mode that we’ll talk about down the line”

HELL YEAH!!! Man, you just made my entire day.

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

that was easy :)

+ JMB626 on August 24th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

I Wish for there to be challenging trophies, that take time and/or skill, that cannot be exploited, in any way from padding to glitching. I love a reward that gives players a challenge, it just makes it feel more valuable.
c:

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

I think you’ll find our stats tracking is significantly altered from Warhawk

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

We’re not quite ready to confirm how it all works just yet

+ JMB626 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Question.
Will the Ranking System be Insignia Ranks, Numbered Ranks, or a combination of both?

+ HEAVY7666 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

I’d love to know more about levels
.. From Dust to Space, Will there be middle atmosphere levels or fighting ( Dogfights, without cover)
.. These “Jetpacks” .. I see they kinda compact when landing. Do they make you explode like the Warhawk ones do ?

.. Lastly .. Harvard, What is your favorite cookie ? … If you can only answer one of these .. I’d focus on the Cookie one .. it obviously has the most importance to a Cookie monster

thanks
Heavy

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Clearly chocolate chip, no nuts. Whoever invented the nuts in chocolate chip cookies wasn’t thinking straight

+ JMB626 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ LDiablo84 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

No females in Starhawk too bad…and I had just created a thread in the Starhawk forums requesting this…Well the game will still be great and i’m sure female fans will still get it and they should.

And like poisonedsodapop sai, maybe we can get some Female DLC after the game comes out

+ JMB626 on August 24th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

@Harvard ~ LOL! I didn’t see that coming! xD

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

urban dictionary is classic

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

By the way, we must be doing something right because our “out of 5″ ratings on this blog are always top notch. Thanks a ton to all of you for the continued support. We’re doing our best to get you a great game

don’t foget to visit our Facebook page as its ALWAYS full of new stuff and….secrets…shhhhhh. Its a great way for us to talk directly to the community often

+ KidCommando on August 24th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I already know this will be my most played game next year. From the looks of it you guys are making one excellent follow-up to Warhawk.

Keep up the great work! I think Starhawk is going to be HUGE next year.

Will ‘tanks’ be featured in the next video? or can you say when we will see them.

Thanks!

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

thanks….and who said anything about tanks?

+ KidCommando on August 24th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

lolz, ok…………I will wait patiently…

…so, about those tanks…?

+ HEAVY7666 on August 24th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

Hmmmm

.. I do love a good chocolate chip cookie

.. as a follow up statement

Starhawk collectors edition :

Game
Laminated collectors game pamphlet
Ploystone/metallic or platic details Emmett character
38 page developers story book showing some of the Amazing art work
could also throw in maybe a Singed I “HEART” Harvard – Santa Monica studios ROCK tee shirt
then on the back – Lightbox Interactive STARHAWK
with a saying written in Rift -a- fied letters
If you can read this your too close to me

+ Harvard Bonin on August 24th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

good stuff, keep it coming

PAGE 1 2