Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 25

Aug 25

Closure Hits PSN Next Spring, Play It At PAX

Tyler Glaiel's Avatar Posted by Lead Designer & Programmer, Eyebrow Interactive

Hey there! We are very proud to announce that our game Closure will be coming to the the PlayStation Network next spring! For those who haven’t been following our development these past few years, Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that takes the concept of light and shadow and twists it up into something never before seen.

You see, in Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. An object properly lit up is physically there, yet an object shrouded in darkness ceases to be. Your character can take advantage of this by manipulating lights to effectively change the shape of the world you’re in. Wanna jump through a wall? Well you can, as long as it’s in darkness.

Closure for PS3 (PSN)

Some of you might be wondering, “Wait, haven’t I played this game before?” You may have. Closure began life as a small and simple web game posted online at the end of 2009. The game was successful enough that we decided to take the unique concept of the game, remake it from scratch, and build it into a much larger, more interesting, and much more polished full sized game. This new version features around 100 puzzles, includes many new and interesting mechanics, an amazing award-winning soundtrack, multiple characters with different stories, beautiful new hand-drawn art, and much much more.

Closure for PS3 (PSN)

If you like mind-bending puzzles or just want to try something new for a change, you’ll definitely want to check out Closure next spring! In the mean time, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter for more screenshots and updates! Also, if you’re coming to PAX this weekend, you can come play the game at booth 599!

Add Your Own

FearMonkey said:

August 25th, 11:06 am

Looks pretty trippy. Not gonna be a PAX but I hope there’s a demo in the future.

Thanks for the info. :)

EvoAnubis said:

August 25th, 11:13 am

First off, Tyler, welcome to the PSB!

Now then, this game looks interesting! I love games that make you think. I would, of course, like to know if we can expect a demo for this, as I won’t be at PAX this year (this will be the last year I’m able to say that). Spring!? Why so long? Oh well, I can wait; it’s not as if there aren’t roughly 8,000 other games I have to play between now and the end of this year. Oh….actually, it’s a lot like that.

Anyway, again I say welcome, and I’m looking forward to hearing more about this game in the coming months!

JimmyChaos said:

August 25th, 11:20 am

I’m pretty sure i played this on the computer. It looks a lot cooler here though.

JimmyChaos said:

August 25th, 11:28 am

Actually read the article and I googled closure game. I recommend going and playing it now. It’s awesome.

boxmyth said:

August 25th, 11:38 am

I love games that make me want to buy them just for their art style. Solid platforming would be icing.

PainOfSarrow said:

August 25th, 11:43 am

looks like LIMBO on crack.

HGX-SSZ said:

August 25th, 11:47 am

was anyone else scared wen they saw *closure coming to psn* i thought psn was coming down XD

PainOfSarrow said:

August 25th, 11:51 am

hahahaa yesss HGX i actualy was thinking that myself. for a second i was thinking psn was on the edge of ending for some reason….

Detective-E said:

August 25th, 11:58 am

Can indie devs make anything other then 2D platformers?

That’s when they shine.

BuchNasty said:

August 25th, 12:17 pm

@9 I agree…. that’s like really all you see coming from these people. I guess limbo spurred this on cause you’re seeing a lot of dark black/grey/white platformer games coming out. Developers really need to realize that cloning a game is not going to get you famous or make you great money. Look at the COD clones ffs.

whatisdelicious said:

August 25th, 12:32 pm

Play the PC version while you wait. It’s pretty cool.

WelmoscaBR said:

August 25th, 12:39 pm

this will gonna be awesome…I love games like this and for sure I’ll check this game out…Keep it up the great job guys.

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 25th, 1:12 pm

Its lookin pretty darn awesome!

gearhead32 said:

August 25th, 1:18 pm

love the style they definitely worked hard on this game from the looks of it I will have to try out the PC version

mcbuttz78 said:

August 25th, 1:20 pm

10. that is true. but video games have always been pulled by another popluar games. sometimes thats the only way onthe market. Im very old school gamer i think if the gamplay is spot on then its a goo look means not so much to me.. Also a indie dev team most will make a side scroller to start even gta was up view side scroller, it was gameplay that sold that. This look like it has gameplay for hours to come.. Im looking forward to it

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionairee group

saintaqua said:

August 25th, 1:39 pm

Can we use the Move?

Chuckbait said:

August 25th, 1:47 pm

Wow, the lightning and rain looks amazing. Is this gem a PSN exclusive???

Nicelydone_24 said:

August 25th, 2:23 pm

You know what I thought we I read the title of the article wtf PSN is going down again!!! And then I read it and realized it was just a game haha.

Ethereal said:

August 25th, 2:35 pm

Looks great.

plaztiksyke said:

August 25th, 3:13 pm

Since it has award-winning music, does that mean we can look forward to hearing it in a high-quality format such as FLAC or 320kbit/sec Ogg? Will it be 24-bit?

Looks like a great variation on the Echochrome ii mechanic, which I loved. If the audio and visuals both take advantage of the PS3’s unique HD capabilities, this will be a day one purchase for me.

Tyler Glaiel's Avatar

Tyler Glaiel said:

August 25th, 10:32 pm

The music is in high quality ogg files, there’s actually multiple tracks per song which fade in and out based on context.

blackghost826 said:

August 25th, 5:15 pm

Looks like Limbo and Outland combined.

SogeKing said:

August 25th, 5:52 pm

I miss Kevin Butler. Where did he go?

ein_nineteenth said:

August 25th, 5:57 pm

Oh. I remember this. It was featured on several other websites before vanishing into the mists of the internet.
Well, there is always room for one more game to get the HD/Console update.

Mattsta001 said:

August 25th, 6:11 pm

Really happy to see this coming to PSN. Hope to see more indie games on the service in the future. Would also like to see Vessel, Coma, Machinarium and Amnesia:Dark Descent on PSN, to name a few.

GAM3R_16 said:

August 25th, 6:28 pm

Oh I love these kind of games! I will keep my eye on this one, always willing to support unique stylistic games :)

lyfestory said:

August 26th, 7:14 am

definitely looks interesting… makes the game stand out, as it should… hopefully it will be well-received….: ) demos also help… they’ve convinced me of buying games on many occasions…

keep up the great work….

ViolentGene said:

August 26th, 10:20 am

Cool.

Budapesti said:

August 26th, 10:51 am

I read ‘Closure hits PSN…” and almost threw up my breakfast.

Ah… it’s the name of a game. And a very promising looking one, too.

poodude said:

August 26th, 11:06 am

This looks like it’s going to be really complicated. I want it.

tonydamiani said:

August 26th, 12:16 pm

Awesome :D

Go_Buddie_Go said:

August 26th, 6:25 pm

I’m really tired of people comparing every black and white game that comes out, with Limbo. If you read the article the game began as a flash game back in 2009 that was waaayyyyy before Limbo launched, plus games can be in black and white, 2D sidescroller, whatever. It’s the developers choice AND we have tons of unique games like Journey, Okabu, Papo and Yo, DYAD, and Beat Hazard Ultra that AREN’T 2D sidescrollers coming out for PSN.

Elvick_ said:

August 27th, 7:31 pm

@31: Amen. Plus, this doesn’t look that much like Limbo in the game mechanics anyway. It’s like they see black and white and just jump on the “it’s a copy” bandwagon.

AJBS0NIC said:

August 28th, 7:55 am

Limbo meets Echochrome… I like it.