PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

3D Display Pre-Order Offer includes Resistance 3

Kim Nguyen's Avatar + Posted by Kim Nguyen on Aug 29, 2011 // Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3D Display we unveiled at E3 has been getting plenty of buzz, and I wanted to let you all know about a special pre-order offer that’s now available at retailers nationwide: If you pre-order the bundle – which includes the 24-inch 3D Display, one pair of universal PlayStation 3D glasses, MotorStorm Apocalypse on Blu-ray, and an HDMI cable – you’ll also receive a copy of Resistance 3 on Blu-ray. We’re excited to offer all of this for $499.99, and you’ll need to place your pre-orders by Sept. 30, 2011.

Check out the video below to learn all about the 3D Display that is launching in November.

The brilliant, ultrathin, 24” LED 3D Display is enhanced for gaming with SimulView technology, delivering individual full HD screen action to each player in two-player mode. Key product specs include:

• Full HD 1080p resolution and 240hz refresh rate for ultra-smooth play
  • 3 HD inputs (2 HDMI and 1 component) so you can hook up your PS3, cable TV box, and PC
  • Built-in speakers and subwoofer for a more immersive audio experience.

With the 3D Display pre-order offer and so many amazing titles coming to PS3 in 3D this holiday, like Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, and more, now is the time to jump into 3D gaming.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ jawara on August 29th, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

Yes I want this… Hey guys add me on psn. I just got my ps3 :)

+ TheUndertaker85 on August 29th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

So… Can we get an exact date for release already? You mentioned November but then didn’t go any further.

Gamestop has the date set for November 26th

Walmart has the date set for November 14th

Amazon still has the placeholder date of December 31st

Either way I’m preordering within the next few weeks. It would be nice to have an exact date though.

+ luvsanimals07 on August 29th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

wow way cool but how would it fit over prescription glasses?

+ andrewgus on August 29th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

So how soon after I buy this will Sony release the 32″ that I really want?

+ coldasfire on August 29th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

i play my ps3 98% of the time in my bedroom on a 22in monitor on my desk and usually sit 4-6 feet away from the screen, so this is good for me

+ LilBayArea on August 29th, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

Ever since e3, since it call the playstation display bundle.. I assume it would cone with a playstation .. Or is this just me..

+ Genexi2 on August 29th, 2011 at 8:32 pm said:

Bah, why did it have to be November.

My 24″ monitor died last month, been stuck with my 13″ TV as a backup, was hoping to buy one of these as a replacement! Guess I’m stuck with this dinky thing for a couple more months.

Any word on the TV working with a PC for the 3D and 120/240hz modes? Would be a great entry-level display to get into that level of gaming on both PS3/PC packing those kind of features.
(and is something that also fits on my desk)

+ DevilDriver-339 on August 29th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

sony you are the best :D keep rocking \m/

+ MK500 on August 29th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

@64 zombie9

You can play move games just fine a couple feet from the display. I have the camera in one of those Sony plastic mounts on top of my 24″ display angled down quite a bit. I hold my nav controller in left hand and move in right hand at about waist height as I am sitting. When I calibrate the move, I just only move about 2 inches left, 2 inches right, same up and down. It tracks fine and works great for Socom, MAG, Killzone, and RE. Also it’s more comfortable than waving them around in front of me because I can rest my hands on my legs when I want (this comes in handy when playing for hours).

The move is a lot more flexible than people think; but you have to experiment with it a bit.

+ JoeTheBeast16 on August 29th, 2011 at 10:38 pm said:

@Phillyblunz

Actually if you paid attention to the announcements, Uncharted 3 among other games are going to be enables for the simulview.
Which while I’m sure it’s possible for them to stretch the normal splitscreen images for other games like Modern Warfare 2 and the like, after this display is released, they are going to have games come with the coding to enable you to play a “splitscreen-like” game type, with the simulview feature, but with FULL screens, it wouldn’t be a full screen if they just up-scaled the image, because as you probably know, splitscreen actually inhibits your field of view.
And i have a 40 inch tv for my ps3, but intend on getting this display specifically for the splitscreen feature, because i want to be able to play with the dual view with my girlfriend, as i detest the limited field of view that comes with splitscreen.

+ XSPACEGODZILLAX on August 29th, 2011 at 11:38 pm said:

is there a tv tuner that i can buy and addon to this bueatiful monitor?

+ chrisredfield_97 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:43 am said:

whoa man i wonder how uncharted 3 drake’s deception it’s gonna be in 3D

+ Sniper_at_w0rk on August 30th, 2011 at 2:25 am said:

I live in Europe and i was going to buy it, because $500 = €350 and it’s a fair price.
But it costs €500 :o and we only get the TV, two pairs of glasses and an HDMI.

Same for Vita btw
$250=€173

+ robzig214 on August 30th, 2011 at 5:43 am said:

32 inch screen would have been much much better. I would have pre-ordered right off the bat for a 32 inch even at a higher price. Think about it Sony, 24 is just too small. Put out a 32 inch bundle and you’ll see your orders skyrocket.

+ ajayghosal on August 30th, 2011 at 6:03 am said:

everything is cool about the display except for the size, I currently have a 52 inch in my living room, and a 40 inch in the bedroom, I cant go down to 24 no matter how good it is, if it’s atleast 37 or 40 inches, Ill definitely buy one

+ Aucifer69 on August 30th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

would be even better if it was 32 inch

+ FallinGuitarest on August 30th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

this was at Fan expo Canada. i wanted to try but their was a bit of a line. and the second tv on display. was having tech difficulty. so i sat and watched to people play. its cool if u have the glasses, with out glasses spectating you see player 2s screen faded over player 1s.

+ El_Pollo_CA on August 30th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

I agree with the majority of posting on here about the size and the price. $499 is way too expensive for such a small screen. This really is designed for rich college kids (or rich parents) and not suitable for most other ps3 users.

I’m sure you guy’s will bring out bigger versions down the line if you sell enough so I hope enough college kids buy it to make it worth your while.

I was very excited when I first saw the announcement but I’m puzzled at the lack of 3d for 2 people playing? I would recommend not pre-ordering this and checking the thing out in best buy which I’m sure will have a demonstration model up and running on release.

I have a 36″ non 3d hd tv right now and thought about this for the bedroom but my eyes are bad enough without having to sit so close to it to read the display.

On the other hand I’m saving like crazy for the ps vita which does look and sound very, very cool.

+ antibolo on August 30th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

No ATSC tuner? Seriously? I’ve been thinking about replacing my bedroom TV with this, but the lack of a tuner is a total deal breaker. Too bad.

+ Dragonbox on August 30th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

I’m really happy about this. I will denitely use the simut-mode. I have 3 kids. I always wanted a 3-d tv and this monitor does it all. Like sony says.

November can’t come fast enough.

2nd use: for my playstation car display use too. Game demo-ing anywhere i want.

+ Dragonbox on August 30th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

The price breakdown

Resistence 3 ($60)
Sony hdmi cable ($25)
Motorstorm apoc ($55)
One pair of 3-d glasses ($160)
Sony 24″ monitor ($300)

Uses:
Plays games in 3-d (one player only)
Play games in 2-d
Watch tv in 3-d
Watch tv in 2-d
Watch movies in 3-d
Watch movies in 2-d

Perfect for all gamers.

+ Elvick_ on August 30th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

If this was coming later, then I’d probably get it, but I’m swamped as it is and I certainly can’t swing a $500 monitor when PSVita is coming around soon. Gotta save money for it and for games. (which is looking to be a ton, all the while still buying games for all my other systems)

+ WelmoscaBR on August 30th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

OMG awesome I want one right now.

+ mafiakiller777 on August 30th, 2011 at 9:04 pm said:

can it convert 2d to 3d?

+ EliteF50 on August 30th, 2011 at 10:22 pm said:

Wait, so this comes out in November? Why? I really want to get this, but I need it for Arkham City, Resistance 3, and BF3… come on, guys. This is not cool.

+ TurboGFF on August 31st, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

Does this ‘display’ work for 3d enabled PC games as well? If it can be used as a monitor, hooked up to a graphics card via HDMI, can it be done?

+ Quantum-Data on August 31st, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

White LED or RGB LED? Backlit or Sidelit panel?

+ XxSTMELVINxX on August 31st, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

i think its cool how two people can actually have their own split screen. my concern is the sound. with two people playing together side by side, what players sound effects have the priority on the tv? i only ask this because with the glasses, both players see a different screen, but i cant find a way to determine whose sound has priority, unless you need some kind of headset for each player.

+ Zemmix on August 31st, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Vesa mount?

+ s2eves on August 31st, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Is this offer being extended to Canadian customers? GameStop.ca had the same offer available prior to this announcement from SCEA. Other retailers in Canada don’t appear to have the same information from Sony. If I pre-order the PlayStation 3D Display from Future Shop, will I receive a copy of Resistance 3?

+ focaldragonfly23 on August 31st, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

hard decision this or the vita

+ mikkoxB on August 31st, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Its not mentioned anywhere but does it come with its own remote for things like volume, adjusting the display etc?

+ MrTalKaLot03 on August 31st, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

I love to get this BUT Please Sony make it 32” 3D Display PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Dragonbox on August 31st, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

The 2 game offer is good in usa. No news on canada package.

I’m happy this is coming for uncharted 3 and all my 3-d movies.(bolt 3d, toy story 3d, beauty and the beast 3d, lion king 3d and more…..)

Add me to psn.

+ MobyFreeRunner on September 5th, 2011 at 4:21 am said:

I am SOOO hyped for this, im buying this with the official new Playstation 7.1 Virtual surround sound headset! my dorms gonna be PIMPIN! this screen is gonna go next to my gorgeous 27 inch cinematic display! oh god! lol :D

but i have a question, when is it coming to asia, as i live in Hong Kong, and will we get a copy of resistance as well? or is that only for the US, and what are the price details for us?

+ jamppax94 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

It’s too small. 32” is minimum. Plz make 42” or 50” version.

+ ieatpixels on September 5th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Guys, it’s small to keep the price down.
The point on this TV is to make 3D more accessible for PS3 owners.
If you want a bigger 3D TV, go ahead and spend 1-4k instead.

@97, nah we have it in EU aswell I think. I’ve got one and I live in Australia.

This TV looks sick as, anyone know if it’s getting an EU release?

+ TeamRoa on September 5th, 2011 at 10:43 pm said:

Can’t wait for this to come out. That is all.

+ Seiven on September 6th, 2011 at 9:30 pm said:

I found the pre-order on Amazon, but not up on Best Buy or Gamestop yet…can we get a full list of where we can pre-order so I can get in on this bundle before R3 is removed?

+ big_e559 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

It’s a bit small, I wish it came in different sizes. But I will be getting it regardless. One important question, Can I wear the 3D glasses over my prescription glasses? Adding R3 to the bundle by pre-order makes Sony the best company out there.

+ moonrader96 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

In my own opinion I think a 24″ is too small and doesn’t really appeal to the mass market, on the other hand I think a 40″ is too big and probably does suit the mass market but doesn’t really achieve the aim Sony are trying to achieve which is a small affordable 3D Display. So overall I think a 32″ size of this model would be perfect!

+ Whoaness on September 8th, 2011 at 9:38 pm said:

I went to a local Futureshop (in Canada) and they have no idea about this preorder special. Are we guaranteed a Resistance 3 copy if the retailer isn’t sure of this deal?

+ ERICKYOSHI on September 13th, 2011 at 8:43 pm said:

is there going to be a bigger size on the tv. just want to know.

+ big_e559 on September 14th, 2011 at 6:37 pm said:

Will it support Bravia Sync?

+ norman55 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

I have preordered this at BEST BUY I cant wate. for all of you wondering this a monitor only no tuner you will need a cable or sat. box. This will be an idesl 3d pc monitor wich how I will be useing this. I also have a SONY 46 BRAVIA 76HX800 TV.

+ norman55 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

OOPS 46HX800

+ rgentry3 on September 16th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

I love my Sony Bravia 52″ LED HDTV!!!!!!!!!!

+ lillowrider69 on September 17th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

@Kim Nguyen .When is the release date for the tv. Will you be able to pre order threw bestbuy? lastly if i pre order off the site will i get it on the release date?

PAGE 1 2 3