Farpoint

Aug 31

Aug 31

The Special Weapons of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Derek Osgood's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Hi there Lombax fans! It was great to have so many of you swing by the PlayStation booth at PAX this last weekend and get your hands on Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Those we did speak to seemed to have a great time playing around with the incredible weapons shown in the PAX demo. If you didn’t get a chance to make it to PAX and are curious about just what other unique weapons can be found in All 4 One, you’re in luck, because today we’re detailing the weapons specific to each of the four characters.

Take a look at this final video in the series and see how the character-specific weapons of All 4 One work. Watch as Ratchet uses his Dopplebanger to distract enemies before he blasts them with his Warmonger rocket launcher, Qwark uses his Quantum Deflector to protect his teammates and run through enemies, Nefarious gets sneaky with his Cloaker, and Clank slows down time and space with the Zoni Ray.

The latest, greatest video in our Gameplay Series (which will be continuing here until launch) isn’t the only thing we’ve got to share with you today though. We also wanted to give you a heads-up that you can get your hands on Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One early by picking up a copy of the hilarious Sony Pictures movie, Zookeeper! By picking up Zookeeper October 11th on Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray Combo Pack, you’ll get a chance to try out the game for yourself with an on-disc demo of All 4 One. The demo will give you a taste of the co-op meyhem across 2 levels of the game with 1-4 players. So get out there and pre-order your copy of Zookeeper and don’t forget to head over to www.ratchetandclank.com and register to get some free PSN Avatars, Home t-shirts and Static Theme.

Add Your Own

Alyyse said:

August 31st, 5:23 pm

cool

Blade133 said:

August 31st, 5:33 pm

How much you want to bet that the All 4 One demo is funnier than the movie?

thunderbear said:

August 31st, 5:36 pm

That edit wasn’t very exciting… but I am very excited about the game. I hope it’s still fun to play by yourself.

Mobius2525 said:

August 31st, 6:03 pm

Too many good games are coming out this fall

Taco_Grande said:

August 31st, 6:11 pm

These weapons need more cow bell.

Wes-10rulz said:

August 31st, 7:01 pm

Come on Insomniac! You should of given clank a giant clank power up. I had enough slowing down time in the clank levels of a crack in time. Also, did you bring the hover boots back cause those were a great way to explore old levels in the last game.

TubaDude49 said:

August 31st, 7:53 pm

Any other ways to get beta access coming up soon? I’d really like a chance to try it out(and have no interest in the movie)

Ratchet1939 said:

August 31st, 7:53 pm

Thats so cool!!!! Thats why Ratchet and Clank is awesome! I can’t wait for this game and i wonder what levels are in the demo?

TABBYG87 said:

August 31st, 8:55 pm

WHERE IS THE NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP

fathead170 said:

August 31st, 10:58 pm

at tabbyg87 if u wanna spend 400 dollars to watch nfl which i doubt u do so dont worry bout it bra. at insomniac please quit making rachet and clank games u have run them into the ground an i would play them if there wasnt a new one with less quality being released every 6 months. new ip please!

Sobe121 said:

September 1st, 12:21 am

i think they need to go back to the old days….with uya and deadlocked…i miss those :( …the next ratchet and clank should be (i shouldnt say a remake) but the same feeling as deadlocked… you got a great single player and a lot of action in ONLINE!!! multiplayer

ArmouredLukas said:

September 1st, 1:48 am

Another Ratchet and clank game awesome :)

tictac_ns said:

September 1st, 3:39 am

hmm, I wish Insomniac would release versions of the older games for use on the PS3, PSP, PS Vita or maybe the Tablet S1, my PS3 is getting old and it is only a matter of time before I can’t play the PS2 Ratchet and Clank releases any more.

Carl-G said:

September 1st, 4:00 am

I thought the demo was going to be on PSN :-( Oh well. I LOVE R&C games anyway :P

darthlego said:

September 1st, 6:06 am

What does the Zoni ray do exactly? I could not tell from the video.

krae_man said:

September 1st, 8:39 am

Some of the trailers had me worried about the co-op. I was afraid the co-op would be boring ‘stand on this switch’ puzzles. Then I played it at PAX and no part of the gameplay annoyed me.

You have won me back. Can’t wait to get my hands on the full game.

EPRaider08 said:

September 1st, 9:47 am

Can’t wait for this. Ratchet & Clank is one of my favorite game series of all time. Definitely picking it up day one.

Juhal_1234 said:

September 1st, 11:56 am

just give me the old games remastered in HD

insomniac are getting really lazy………..

some one should tell them to get up there lazy ***

and make a collection

creators of mgs and team ico actually listen to us fans………… if you guys dont up your game no one will buy ratchet and clank

seriously your changing ratchet and clank to some ****

LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO SPYRO AND CRASH one day the developer’s take some drugs go all loopy and end up creating some crap that get’s sold then burned to the ground

pathetic you guys seriously need to stop…………….

make the graphics temporary unless you guys want to loose money and fans…………

NamesIrish13 said:

September 1st, 12:24 pm

Anyone else think the Zoni Ray is a little weak? I mean wow…. looks like a kids toy gun shooting out really slow shots…. Only thing to assume is that it maybe slows the enemy down when hit, bit come on Clank needs some better stuff!

KINGstarBUDDY said:

September 1st, 12:37 pm

the zoni ray slows down enemies, next time maybe read the article

NamesIrish13 said:

September 1st, 12:53 pm

@KINGstarBUDDY

“SLOWS DOWN TIME AND SPACE”……..
Can you please give me your elite master player answer as to what the above statement means? You seem to know everything about the game, and I am truly honored to have your comment grace this page. I almost felt your prescience when I was reading your comment. It literally moved me!

WelmoscaBR said:

September 1st, 1:02 pm

awesome but I want this avatars in european accounts.

Bolduk said:

September 1st, 1:14 pm

Looks like tthe worst Ratchet to date. Childish ftw..

gagjm said:

September 1st, 1:16 pm

@18 I think Insomniac does a great job and YOU should stop being lazy and think about how hard Insomniac works everyday to make us fans happy. Thanks once again for making another great game, Insomniac!

Juhal_1234 said:

September 1st, 2:24 pm

@24

……………………

how hard they work everyday?

seriously…….

resistance for me was a fail insomniac making a fps was a fail…………..

they sold spyro for a fps

is sony trying to be like microsoft……..

seriously what’s wrong with everyone @ Sony its all fps now…….

gaming is suppose to be a child friendly game they’re just wasting time on it

not everyone likes to play killzone & resistance .

if you was a classic gamer you would’ve played ratchet and clank jak and daxter sly crash & spyro

the sony classics……… and rayman but nooo its all about graphics for some idiots

now its all about “real looking graphics”

game’s arnt spose to be about realism i mean its a game………. not a simulation

wolfzero1 said:

September 1st, 4:11 pm

I’m not interested in buying the Zookeeper just to play the demo, hopefully it will be released on the PSN

StormTimber said:

September 1st, 9:57 pm

as much as i think this game is AWESOME and i cant wait to get my hands on it, it’s been bugging me to know… is this game a direct sequel, or is it a spin off in some sort of other alternate detention that’s completely non relevant to the previous story?