PS4 - Destiny

inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood – Witness the Resurrection

Collin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Collin Moore on Sep 01, 2011 // Communications Manager, Zombie Studios

Greetings from the deck here at Sucker Punch Productions! As many of you may have heard we had an excellent panel at PAX Prime last weekend about creating our 2D cutscenes. Those lucky enough to attend got a sneak preview of a cutscene from inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood, and a free inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood t-shirt to boot. We can’t wait to share more details about Festival of Blood, so here’s the sneak peek. Let us know what you think in the comments!

If you want to know how we created these sequences you can read our detailed summary of our PAX Prime panel, A Panel on Panels: Creating the Comic-Inspired Cutscenes of inFAMOUS 2, over on SuckerPunch.com. For more updates, be sure to follow us on Twitter, @SuckerPunchProd, and ‘Like’ us on Facebook.

PAGE 1 2

+ mystikalguy on September 1st, 2011 at 7:03 am said:

Well done Sucker Punch

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Thanks!

+ REDBLACKWHITE5 on September 1st, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

touche

+ ModernYorkster on September 1st, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

Looks like a day one purchase!

+ alok893 on September 1st, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

I hope it’s long.

+ ez_____ez_____ez on September 1st, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

Collin, the artwork is amazing. Is there anyway to purchase the t-shirt? Or are we the unlucky ones? Either way, most impressive!

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

We were only giving them away at PAX Prime. Stay tuned to PS.Blog or follow us on Twitter for any updates.

+ DeathGazer on September 1st, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Zeke sounds like a True Blood character :D

What’s with Louisiana and vampires anyway?

+ Berae on September 1st, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Those cutscenes are awesome! There were not enough of them in infamous 2, story was not as good as infamous 1.

But this little “add-on” will be fantastic I think.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Thanks! I’ll be sure to tell the team!

+ Maitre on September 1st, 2011 at 7:42 am said:

Agreed with post# 7

+ Bioman20 on September 1st, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

Cut scene looks awesome! Definitely a day one purchase. Now to know when day one is, how much to purchase? :D

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

We haven’t announced pricing yet. Stay tuned to PS.Blog or follow us on Twitter, @SuckerPunchProd, or SuckerPunch.com for any updates.

+ nikrel on September 1st, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

Love the style of cut-scenes, can’t wait for some more infamous.. can’t get enough.

+ LilWayneSuckz on September 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

I wantz nows

+ Viggorrah on September 1st, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

I can’t wait till October! Yes Collin, I am on here too… >:D

+ ElChingon2588 on September 1st, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

Cant wait

+ burningwind on September 1st, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Still don’t like the idea of vampires mixed with Infamous or this being a stand alone game. Should really make some sort of expansion for Infamous 2. Even if it has to take place before the ending rather than after.

+ OMFG_Sprinkles on September 1st, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

This is separate from the story right?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 1st, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

We haven’t announced any specifics on the story.

+ TarzanSr on September 1st, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

SWEET I’m buying it DAy 1!

+ ERC1980 on September 1st, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

hey collin 3 questions for ya

1) is festival of blood right after Infamous 2 and

2) will i be able to choose right off the bat whether we want to be good or evil cole, or will the dlc detect my latest I2 save file and load that data.

3) will all powers from I2 be carried over to this awesome dlc

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 1st, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

This game looks sweet ..im so NOT GETTING IT! i cant wait for it to be released!! I dont care about this game at all..

+ Phillyblunz on September 1st, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

@4 thats what she said.

Infamous is sweet.

I have part two but feel I need to replay through Infamous 1 as evil first.

What do you guys think?

As of now I’ve beat the game as good, and dont know what to do now?
Do I have to delete the game to play as evil cole?
Or can I continue after the boss has been beaten?

As such I havent touched the game since I beat it, but I want to, just dont know exactly what the next step is???

+ Tchanku on September 1st, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

Excited about this one.

+ ERC1980 on September 1st, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

@18

are u on drugs or something?

+ Phillyblunz on September 1st, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

This is funny, just the other day I was thinking, all these games are going Zombie, Zombies are slow and dumb and easy to kill, only really a threat in big numbers.

So I thought back to a game on the Ps2, its a FPS where you are a Vampire and have awesome jumping ability that added a lot to the game.

Then I thought why dont more games go the Vampire route? Now here we are.

Cole would demolish hordes of Zombies, but flyin, superfast, blood thirsty Vampires are appropriate nemesis’s for his verticallity, as well as his distance and area attacks.

Good show SP, now how about a discount for owners of Infamous 1 and 2???

And as said here previously using our Karma from part 1 or 2??

Or throw a spin on it, let us choose to either join the Vampires and become one with hybrid powers, or join the weak humans in a more survival horror type resistance force.

You know what happens when a Vampire gets hit by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.

+ Phillyblunz on September 1st, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

@21 he’s Ironman, so he’s probably drunk, LOL.

+ hulkrock on September 1st, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Getting this, InFamous 2 is one of Playstation’s great titles

+ zech678 on September 1st, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

nice work

+ blakseed on September 1st, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

@6

Blame Anne Rice.

+ saintaqua on September 1st, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

Keep making these!!

+ Permafry_42 on September 1st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

The idea for Getting a PSN+ discount for this awesome game!!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on September 1st, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Looking forward to it!

+ ekjeffrey on September 1st, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

@Phillyblunz:

Option 1: Start a new game as Bad Cole (after you have played through Infamous 1 as Bad Cole) or
Option 2: Just a fresh start and be bad; be very bad…

Game should know that you have played though both good and bad sides at the end and you will be handsomely rewarded. The second playthough on both games, taking the bad(evil) side always went a lot faster, too.

Festival of Bood: Got to have it; day 1 for certain!!!

+ ckpotc on September 1st, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Can’t wait! I know it will be awesome like inFAMOUS 2!

+ lisatsunami on September 1st, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

Collin & Scout: of course I’m getting this & anything else Infamous.

Did I hear a rumor that I2 would get Move support? If so, I’ll hold off on the evil kharma play through for Move.

+ Zezzler on September 1st, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

When does this DLC take place in the infamous universe? or is it an alternate timeline sort of deal? Looks radical btw!

+ VixDiesel on September 1st, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Sigh, vampire bandwagon. Gonna get it anyways but wishing it was something other than vampires.

+ Sakura_002 on September 1st, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Can’t wait vampires plus conduits, it would be great fun. Question where does it place in the inFamous mythology? or is it like a “what if” thingy?

+ twistedfloyd on September 1st, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

Haha, looks fun. Looking forward to it.

+ Ethereal on September 1st, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

This looks very interesting.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 1st, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

SOLD X 9000!!! 8)

+ moecage on September 1st, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

I cant wait, I love infamous.
Sucker Punch are doing a great job with this game

+ DaShaka9 on September 1st, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

So stoked you went with VAMPIRES instead of the extremely outdone Zombie trend. Yet another reason SuckerPunch is one of my top 3 favorite companies!

+ ERC1980 on September 1st, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

next dlc should be werewolf themed lol

cole the killer werewolf.

+ gumi42 on September 1st, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Loving inFamous 2 can’t wait to see what you have in store for us with the DLC.

+ quirowekjefhgekr on September 1st, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

alright, i’ve been seeing sad questions here. infamous 2: festival of blood is a stand alone game, which means you dont need the other infamous series to have this game. it takes place in new marais. so at #17, this takes question 1 out of the picture. for your 2nd question, the game focuses on a more eviller cole and the other part of the question, my comment/answer on your first question. and for your 3rd, im not sure either. what im thinking is that there might be similar but different powers. i think i’ve seen a video somewhere(here on playstation blog) and it showed that cole drinking blood from some person(dont ask me how because its really hard to explain, and for the person, [i believe that the storyline goes that vampires flood the streets of new marais and has to kill the leader before the night ends to save the town and himself from destruction(i believe it said "to save the town and himself". i think i've seen this in another blog)] not sure if the person was a vampire or not), as for the power similarities, you can press R1 to lock on and press, lets just say triangle, to suck blood from a person(im not saying this will happen).

+ D-Squad3 on September 1st, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

So is this stand alone or do we need to also have inFAMOUS 2? I don’t really mind cuz I already have inFAMOUS 2.

+ WelmoscaBR on September 1st, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

this looks really good…I’ll check this for sure.I hope this thing of vampire give to cole new powers.

+ mental36 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

@ 42 lmao your such a knowitall let people ask their questions without having to deal with your smartassery

+ slawson8 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

Where does this fit in the storyline?

+ husker5000 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

That was….pretty short. But I still live it! :D

+ husker5000 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Love, sorry

+ rdmof6 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

Is this a spin-off of the inFAMOUS 2 story or is it a whole new thing?

PAGE 1 2