No Man's Sky

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon Comes to PSN

Carlos Giffoni's Avatar + Posted by Carlos Giffoni on Sep 01, 2011 // Creative Director, 345 Games

Desdemona

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon for PS3 (PSN)Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon for PS3 (PSN)

Hi there everyone! Our new game, Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon, is live now on PSN and well worth checking out. It’s got everything you could possibly want: co-op, zombies, demons, tons of weapons, RPG elements, hilariously rude and crude humor, and enough action to keep you going longer than a cockroach could survive a true apocalypse!

For those of you that haven’t been following our development, Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon is a four-player, co-op, dual-analog arcade shooter (think Robotron on crack…with plenty of raving zombies and delinquent man-birds, of course). What’s really fantastic about the game is that we’ve been lucky enough to work extremely closely with the über-talented staff over at the Ugly Americans. All of the voice actors from the show lent their talents to their characters, the writers created a completely new story for the game, and Devin Clark (animator and series creator) came up with all the character design including some insanely twisted end-level bosses. As a result it really feels like you are playing inside an episode of the show, every element from the world of Ugly Americans forms a crucial part of this game experience.

At its core, Apocalypsegeddon is a co-op game that hearkens back to the endless hours I would spend with my buddies playing Gauntlet and Robotron in the arcades – tons and tons of enemies coming at you from all angles, distinctly varied character classes, constant action and simple controls that allow for pick-up-and-play. Add in the ability for either local or live multiplayer co-op and the same hilarious sense of humor that has made the Comedy Central show such a success and you have a recipe for a fun and addictive arcade experience.

Each of the four characters – Mark, Callie, Grimes and Leonard – all feature specific base attributes and special attacks that set them apart from each other. For example, Callie is the fastest character whereas Grimes has the most stamina and plays more like the “tank” archetype. RPG elements have also been tossed into the mix, ensuring that you’ll need to level up the right attributes and equip the right weapons for each boss battle to triumph over world-ending evil!

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon for PS3 (PSN)

Finally, one additional important element in the game is finding and adopting demon babies, which basically serve as companions that you tote along with you that can boost certain character attributes or give you special abilities. They look fantastic and definitely serve as another aspect that tie the game back in with the show.

We’re so excited that our game is now ready for everyone to check out and enjoy, as the world of the Ugly Americans show gave us the perfect mix of elements to make a fantastic, memorable game: New York as a background for the action; all sorts of strange creatures including zombies, delinquent man birds, demons and a few humans thrown in for good measure; and a rich mixture of comedic gameplay elements from the twisted minds from the show creators. All this for only $10! Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon is live now on PSN – check it out now and save the world!

30 Comments

+ PainOfSarrow on September 1st, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

please have a demo, this looks like my kinda game. blood and killing the good oh wayy,

+ PainOfSarrow on September 1st, 2011 at 6:46 am said:

waitttt, is there single player mode ? thats a must for me incase internet connection lost and only owning one ps3 controller..

+ jkuc75sj on September 1st, 2011 at 6:48 am said:

345 Games? Has something to do with MTV right?

+ voyte4 on September 1st, 2011 at 6:56 am said:

So now you show off the game , after it comes out. Why don’t you show off the game before it comes out so we don’t have to guess what the game is about there was no info about this game at all and no demo. What would make you think people would buy games that they know nothing about.

Carlos Giffoni's Avatar

+ Carlos Giffoni on September 1st, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

There is a demo available of course, so anyone can try one of the regular levels and a boss battle to see what the game is all about before purchasing.

There is a single player mode. I think is a lot more fun to play with other people but certainly it can be very challenging to try soloing the game.

345 Games is indeed part of MTV Networks.

+ spoonTRex on September 1st, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

@PainOfSarrow, demo was out on Tuesday.

+ burningwind on September 1st, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

The demo was pretty cool. Dig the show so I shall be getting this. It was a little weird how we hadn’t heard anything until it came out though. I really like the idea you guys had with the projectiles. Would have liked something melee based for when you get surrounded though. Still awesome and you can tell the Ugly Americans people wrote it.

+ wonka11aa4 on September 1st, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

It’s a cool game, I picked it up yesterday but the trophies don’t synch :(

+ plaztiksyke on September 1st, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

The screenshots are in some weird resolution (1000×561???) — what’s the native rendering resolution?

what’s the codec/bitrate of the audio assets?

looks cool, loved Gauntlet/TMNT/Golden Axe/Simpsons arcade games as a kid because of the multi-player co-op!

+ WelmoscaBR on September 1st, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

sorry but looks like garbage.

+ thekobal on September 1st, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

I am playing the demo and it is AWESOME !!!! By the way I love the TV serie too =)

+ KidCommando on September 1st, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

A co-op game without online co-op in this day and age makes me sad.

boo-hoo.

+ Gathegi on September 1st, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Add ME On Ps3 Anyone pLEASE

+ Bue2_222 on September 1st, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

@10 At least I’m not the only one

+ Tank_Baked on September 1st, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Sorry but the demo was terrible . I would not be interested in this even if it was free. Hopefully you guys can make something better than this next time .

+ WastelandDan on September 1st, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

Ok this is awesome!

Great show…Leonard is my hero!

+ Loserkid on September 1st, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

I would buy it if it had subtitles.. but it doesnt… so I can’t understand a single word.. we are no longer in the 90’s people.. add subtitles!

+ Deathspear666 on September 1st, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Off subject….
OK..Let me get this straight SONY..You delayed the Vita and decided to come out w/a tablet??!! Hmmm..I don’t see the logic in that thought process ANYWHERE!!..It has a Tegra 2 processor but will only play PSOne games??? It should be able to handle PS 2 games w/extreme ease…just sayin’…derps…

+ NEJI64 on September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

@4 They have been showing off this game since GamesCom. They have at lest three or four developers diary on Gametrailers.com.

On topic I love the show and Callie is my type of girl.

+ Tayzilla79 on September 1st, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

This game is a lot of fun. I’m enjoying it a lot. #8/wonka is right though, the trophies don’t synch…….

+ General-Battye on September 1st, 2011 at 11:00 pm said:

PSN- Could you please fix the trophys for this game. they are not syncing properly for some reason. Also, now everytime i click on my trophy list or my name in the XMB it tries to resync the trophies with no success. thanks

+ Beatz2086 on September 2nd, 2011 at 2:58 am said:

Glad I’m not the only one with the trophies trying to sync every time you try to view them

+ Doozer17268 on September 2nd, 2011 at 3:40 am said:

This demo was f%&kin’ terrible! I wouldn’t pay .50 cents for this…..

+ liquidypoo on September 3rd, 2011 at 3:33 am said:

How anyone could see that sloppy excuse of a cutscene in the beginning and still want to buy the game is beyond me. I mean, really, jerky, slide show style animation that still manages to cause massive screen tearing issues was considered acceptable? There’s barely anything happening on screen, and it still tears the screen like you wouldn’t believe!

The game itself, meanwhile, is mediocre at best. It’s a standard twin-stick shooter, and your characters have presumably witty quips they say during gameplay. I wouldn’t know, seeing as there are going to be so many sound effects happening that you’ll never hear what they’re saying to begin with. Having the Ugly Americans IP isn’t exactly enough to make this worthwhile.

+ YakuzaJoe88 on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:57 pm said:

FIX TROPHY SYNCING!
This should have been addressed THE day of release – at the very latest.
Why do you run shows like “The Tester”, when clearly something as simple as a staple feature as trophy syncing has not been properly tested??
Address the matter, or at least acknowledge it, by having those cute little red reply boxes. Please. We wasted money on this garbage that is only 90% functional.

+ thekobal on September 4th, 2011 at 1:01 am said:

Plase FIX TROPHY SYNCING. Thanks.

By the way, I love this game and I don’t like this type of games, so my respect for the devs
=)

+ wonka11aa4 on September 4th, 2011 at 11:58 pm said:

Umm… you guys gonna fix those trophies??? Ah… silence: Sony’s greatest weapon. :b

+ GrimReaper4383 on September 5th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

can the save be copied to a usb drive?

+ DoSe420 on September 6th, 2011 at 5:08 am said:

seriously fix the damn trophy sync already.. im getting tired of having to cancle the sync everytime i want to view my trophy collection on the ps3..

+ wonka11aa4 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:20 am said:

Hey it’s fixed! Thanks! =)