PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus September Offers: 10 Free Games including Plants vs. Zombies

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 05, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Before we get to what’s coming to PlayStation Plus, we wanted to let you know that starting today, we’re making a slight change to how we communicate PlayStation Plus updates. Instead of posting twice per month on what’s coming to Plus, we’re going to be making one post that gives an overview of all the content that’s hitting Plus in that particular month. So today’s post will cover content coming in September, and the next post will hit in the first Monday of October. Of course, with every week’s Store Update post, you’ll know what’s going on the Store for Plus on that week.

Now to the good stuff! We’ve got some great content this month coming free to Plus subscribers including PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies, the furious shoot-em-up Astro Tripper, and the final game in the SEGA Genesis Collection, Altered Beast. The value of all three of these titles adds up to more than a $24 savings, which doesn’t include the additional minis and PSone Classics you’ll get this month too. This month also marks a special occasion as we’re celebrating the Resident Evil 15th Anniversary with PSone Classics: Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3, all free to PlayStation Plus subscribers starting 9/20, for 2 weeks only. In other PSone Classic news, Jet Moto will also be free starting tomorrow, 9/6.

On the discount side of things, Resident Evil 4 (releasing 9/20 on PSN) and Resident Evil Code Veronica (releasing on 9/27 on PSN) will be 50% off for Plus subscribers as part of the RE 15th Anniversary special. We’ll also offer for 1 week an additional 50% off select LucasArts PSP content on sale for PSN . Check the list below for all the titles in this lineup as well as the other discounts.

There’s tons more including new Full Game Trials, free themes and avatars; all will be coming on the dates noted below for September. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and enjoy!

blogpost_comingsoon_090511

PlayStation Plus content list for September 2011

(Please keep in mind these are expected release dates. Some content outlined may be subject to change)

Free PSN Games and DLC: Plants vs. Zombies – 9/6
Astro Tripper – 9/6
Altered Beast – 9/6
Free Minis: Bashi Blocks – 9/6
Jellypops – 9/13
Street Smarts – 9/27
Free PS one Classics: Jet Moto – 9/6
Resident Evil Director’s Cut – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident Evil 2 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident 3 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Full Game Trials: BulletStorm – 9/13
Saint’s Row 2 – 9/20
Bolt – 9/20
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – 9/27
Discounts & Sale Offers: Alpha Mission – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
T.N.K. Iii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
The Impossible Game – 25% off – 9/6
Vanguard Ii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle – 30% off – 9/13
Cubixx HD – 30% off – 9/20 (1 Week)
Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD – 50% off – 9/27 (2 Weeks)
Armageddon Riders – 40% off – 9/6 (2 Weeks)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Add On Bundle – 30% off Sale Price – 9/6 (One week only)
Super V8 Racing – 70% off Sale Price – 9/13 (Two Weeks)

Lucasarts PSP PSN Sale – 50% off PSN Sale Price – 9/13 (1 Week)
-Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes PSP
-Star Wars: Battlefront II
-Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PSP
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Apprentice Mission Pack
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 1
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 2
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Hoth Mission
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Tatooine Mission Pack

Free Themes: Plus Exclusive Clouds Dynamic Theme – 9/6
Cow Abduction Dynamic Theme – 9/20
Armageddon Rider Dynamic Theme – 9/27 ( 1 Week)
Free Avatars (One Week Only) Armageddon Rider – Armageddon Rider Avatar – 9/6
Armageddon Rider -Collider Zombie Avatar – 9/6
Armageddon Rider – Fast and Deadly Avatar- 9/6
Armageddon Rider – Hot Rod Avatar – 9/13
Armageddon Rider -Logo 1 Avatar – 9/13
Armageddon Rider – Logo 2 Avatar – 9/20
Armageddon Rider – Zombiemower Avatar – 9/20
Media: Qore Episode 40, September 2011 – 9/6 – Early Access

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

+ Golwar on September 5th, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Great update, I just hope that we’ll see something similar in Europe too.

I have no idea why Sony handles that stuff so complicated anyway, if Steam and others manage to handle a global audience, why can’t Sony? All this second and third class treatment of international customer seems really outdated in this days.

+ Link01 on September 5th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

That’s an insane amount of awesome content. My only question is how much will R4 be in general? I’m seriously thinking about picking it up. Especially with every other Resident Evil game. I’m surprised they didn’t release R5 via download with this..

+ Link01 on September 5th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

BTW, when the auto update bug going to be fixed. Mine still does not auto update…..

+ Dragonzblaze on September 5th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

awesome update cant wait

+ mr_chun on September 5th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

+10 points to Capcom. Hell of a way to promote the HD re-releases.

+ mprunty on September 5th, 2011 at 6:41 pm said:

The last two weeks alone pays for the PlayStation Plus membership. I’m definitely glad I stuck with the program this long. September is definitely the month to be a PS3/PSP owner.

+ halfkimchi on September 5th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

For the free RE games for 2 weeks, does that mean you can only play it free for two weeks or you have two weeks to get it free?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 6th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

As long as you’re a Plus subscriber, you’ll have access to any of the free content you download as part of Plus.

+ EggySong85 on September 5th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

Holy resident evil batman! I am a happy camper this month! RE:4 in HD with presumably Move Support, and I’ll finally be able to play Code Veronica! Not to mention relive my favorite classics! Thanks guys!

+ EggySong85 on September 5th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

WATCHA BUYIN?!

+ MrCaptrik on September 5th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Very nice update

+ JinZX1 on September 5th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

This is actually a very impressive roadmap for Plus. I think I may need to re-up for a year as opposed to 3 months at a time.

+ Uzumaki_Adilson on September 5th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

Resident Evil 4 have trophies?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 6th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

yep

+ Shinra_Soilder on September 5th, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

Wow. Just…..wow!
I already own RE 1&2 but don’t have 3. RE4 and CV at half price?! You guys sure know how to bleed my wallet. I can’t complain though! ^_^
Planets vs Zombies will be worth while to get. I really wanted that one.
PS+ has turned out great since last year! If this keeps up, I may subscribe for more than a year.

+ killa-winks on September 5th, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Bout time plus members get some good stuff

+ Shinra_Soilder on September 5th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

@203
I believe they mean you’ll have only two weeks to get them free. Games you download free don’t expire till your subscription is up.

+ MaximMicheal on September 5th, 2011 at 7:30 pm said:

What can I say! This is the best probably the best PS+ monthly update I’ve seen! I definitely don’t regret paying for $50 a year for the subscription! Thanks Sony! :)

+ Benmo316 on September 5th, 2011 at 7:38 pm said:

RE2 and RE3 for FREE?!?! WINSAUCE! Plus… PLUS RE4 50% off, 09/20/11 will be THE best week of PS+ EVER!

+ syk1288 on September 5th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

Does this mean more PS2 Games are going to pop up?

+ DonCalzone21 on September 5th, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

Dont own any of those games, played them before tho. Awesome birthday present! Thanks SONY!!!

****PROUD PS+ MEMBER**** (Especially this month! WOW!)

+ DonCalzone21 on September 5th, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

Oh, and BULLETSTORM is such an KICK-A** GAME!!! The Kill with skill system is SO fun!

+ nateprokrasti on September 5th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

I like plus and have gotten enough content to pay for my sub probably 3 times over by now, but I wish it wasn’t a service that rewarded people who don’t buy a damn thing on PSN.

Even a 50% credit on games offered over plus that were already purchased when they are given for free would be a sweet deal. Giving away Plants vs. Zombies pretty much guarantees I won’t ever buy anything when it initially comes to PSN. Might as well just hold out for 6 months and hopefully get it free.

+ tonydamiani on September 5th, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

NICEEEE :D

+ OverTaker on September 5th, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

PS+ IS THE BEEZ NEEZ

+ xZOMBIEx on September 5th, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

Just like I figured… Sony went and WAITED before they went and did a huge awesome update for PS+ members until there was no one still on the “free 30 day trial” that they were giving due to the outage… Just compare these offerings to what has been offered the last few months… This month’s offerings are way better and more than the last 3 months combined… I seriously didn’t “renew” after the free trial because there just wasn’t anything that enticed me to continue…

This on the other hand may change my mind??? Still, just another obvious bad move on Sony’s part on basically holding out till after all the free trials had expired completely… I know most were supposed to expire like the first week of August due to the extension, but you just know there had to be some whiners that still probably didn’t get it on time or weren’t able to and called in and made a big fuss till they got their way, thus waiting till after August to make sure there was no one on the free trials anymore before they did a nice big update like this… Hell just the 3 RE games and PvsZ is way more worth than what they were offering during the free trial period…

+ Jhall86 on September 5th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

RE4 Nice!!!

+ Enigma777 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

That 150MB limit really isn’t enough. Any chance seeing it getting bumped up?

+ DrunkRaba on September 5th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

Like the new format! And I can’t wait ti play though PvZ time after time again on a new device!

+ KoRnX18 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

holy crap, thats one good plus update, nice one sony!!! im gonna re-suscribe just to get these good deals. Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica here i come FTW!!! ^_^

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on September 5th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

Really? Is it april 1st because this is too good to be true!

+ zech678 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

love this deal

+ zech678 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

happy be plus member

+ zech678 on September 5th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

@ 220 shut up

+ Mr_Bipolar on September 5th, 2011 at 10:09 pm said:

It’s 9/6.

When are you gonna release it? It’s after midnight. Hurry up. I want to claim all the free items I can handle and get. Playstation Plus member = Win.

The store hasn’t updated yet. Come on and release it.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 6th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Store updates on PSN usually occur Tuesday afternoons.

+ dragonforce007 on September 5th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

Best PS+ update ever!!! I <3 Sony
LONG
LIVE
PLAY

+ MohammedMK on September 5th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

Great stuff. I’m glad that PS+ is improving. Thank you for enabling the automatic cloud saving feature, and thank you for automatically synching our trophies. I really like that.

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on September 5th, 2011 at 10:37 pm said:

Picked a great time to become a PSN+ member, these are some nice deals. Didn’t buy Plants vs Zombies yet so I’ll be getting that for free, just got into the RE series, started at 5 with Chris and Sheva, so I’ll be able to start from the beggining for free! This is pretty impressive Sony, good job on making monthly updates for PSN+. I”ll be sure to renew my subscription when the time comes(3 months from now lol). But I have a question, will RE 4 and RE: CV HD have trophy support?

+ Tank_Baked on September 5th, 2011 at 10:46 pm said:

@228
lol the store won’t be updated till like 6pm est . go get some sleep .

+ Hooligantuan on September 5th, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

So over Resident Evil.

I got RE2 a few months back and it was just going too far back in time. Looks so bad. Couldn’t get into it beyond the gun shop in the first section.

+ thekobal on September 5th, 2011 at 11:00 pm said:

YAY !!!!

+ ChameleonX on September 5th, 2011 at 11:00 pm said:

Wow, excellent content this month.. Thank you!

+ pitythefool852 on September 5th, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

Bloody hell, Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)

Is that the remastered version? Does it have Move support?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 6th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Yes this is the remastered version

+ iTofuMan on September 5th, 2011 at 11:46 pm said:

Finally getting something decent! seriously this will probably be one of the best updates we have gotten for ps+. Cannot wait to play PvsZ, and the Resident Evil games!

+ dil347 on September 6th, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

Do you need to be a plus member just to get them or can we pay for them?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 6th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

You can pay for the content listed in this Plus update. Although some content (Betas, and certain games) can be timed, or totally exclusive to Plus. We’ll make sure we clearly show it’s exclusive if that’s the case, thanks!

+ comicfan007 on September 6th, 2011 at 12:15 am said:

OMG OMG OMG !!!

+ igorrocks2 on September 6th, 2011 at 12:29 am said:

PlayStation Nation! Happy Holidays! ) Looks like Christmas to me lol

+ favian on September 6th, 2011 at 12:30 am said:

OPEN TO EVERYONE, BUT DON’T BE A JERK.

+ igorrocks2 on September 6th, 2011 at 12:32 am said:

My bro going to loveme for ever with PvsZ

+ bharken on September 6th, 2011 at 1:36 am said:

WTF?! Proud PS+ subscriber! I knew it, Sony won’t let me down! EXCELLENT job Sony! You know what gamers are looking for! That’s why I’m loyal to you. Keep it up. :)

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 6th, 2011 at 2:03 am said: