PS3-TLOU Left Behind

LittleBigPlanet 2 Now $39.99, Move Support Enabled

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 07, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings Sackboys and Sackgirls. We’re back to bring you regular weekly updates from the world of LittleBigPlanet, including news, community updates, major announcements, or just fun insider tidbits.

LittleBigPlanet 2 now $39.99, tell a friend

Forgive us for sounding like a late-night infomercial, but…now for an amazing low price of $39.99 (at participating retailers) you can own LittleBigPlanet 2, and experience a whole new world that millions of people love, plus discover over 5.2 million user-generated games! All with Sackboy at your side! If you haven’t picked up LBP2…what are you waiting for!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Now Move-enabled

Earlier this week, many of you downloaded the latest free update for LBP2, but did you know you can NOW control your Sackboy with a Move controller in one hand and a Navigation controller in another? Check out the video below to see another fun way to play LBP2.

And while you get comfy with the all new Move controls, be on the lookout for the upcoming LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack, available on the PlayStation Store on September 13th – not long!

Disney Pixar’s Toy Story Packs on the PlayStation Store!

If you’ve been asleep for the past few weeks, you might’ve missed our release of five different DLC packs featuring new levels and costumes of your favorite cast of characters from the Toy Story franchise. To infinity and beyond! Be sure to visit the PlayStation Store and pick these up today.

Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2

Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2

Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2

And for a limited time, be sure to download the free “World Peace” costume. Get it before its gone. The costume, I mean…

LittleBigPlanet: World Peace costume

Question of the week – What’s your favorite Sackboy costume?

PAGE 1 2

+ Jim777 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

You just made it to the top of my “To Buy” list, i cant wait to pick up this game next chance i get :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

Great. Welcome aboard. Did you know you look at new levels to play on LBP.me? Try it.

+ Destiny89 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

My favorite costume would be the cloud costume and the metal gear ones

+ jason_rb on September 7th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

I haven’t played in a while. I kind of wish you guys would fix that join issue within the network. It causes a lot of Grief on me… I can’t join my friends and or i get the time out error. Etc. and i hate the rejected thing if it is play we should play with anyone! I can’t get a lot of the content i am shooting for.

Anyone want to play just pm me and we will play!

Favorite costume is the Slurpee and the Gonzo!

Jason_RB

P.S. Darn I was #2!

+ burningwind on September 7th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

I already own it but awesome that there will probably be a surge of new creative talent joining in.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

Yup…and when the Move Pack comes out, we can’t wait to see the types of games you guys will whip up (no pun intended)

+ jason_rb on September 7th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

What is the cost of the Move Pack?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

stay tuned…

+ JimmyHACK on September 7th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I would love it if you made this a digital full game purchase on ps store like LBP1 is

+ remanutd5 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

o o time to get back at LBP 2 and try it with the move , im still waiting for Motorstorm Apocalypse full ps move support too

+ Jim777 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

What @JimmyHack said, the second its on the PSN i would buy it up.

+ gagjm on September 7th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Tried the Move for LBP2 last night and its AWESOME! Can’t wait for new Move features next week in the Move Pack

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Glad to hear you liked it. Imagine all the fun you’ll have once the Move pack comes out and the community creates some new and interesting games!

+ nino1911 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

horrayy.

+ darthlego on September 7th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Can’t wait for it. By the way, whatever happened to the regular weekly LBP post? I miss those, and with a new LBP game on the horizon, it’s a good a time as ever to have those start up again.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Consider this the start of the weeklies!

+ zaca21 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
PS_i_just_started_high_school_today._it_was_better_then_i_expected.

+ RE_Player on September 7th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Looks like I’ll be spending $39.99 a lot this year on Sony games. This, House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut, Tekken Hybrid, God of War Origins Collection and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection. If you keep putting out great games like these at great prices I’ll keep buying them.

+ angelspawn77 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Gotta hop back into lbp2 and get that update, any details on price of the move pack yet? Don’t let it be expensive please :P

My favorite sackboy costume is honestly too hard to choose, so many are great from the MGS4 costumes to the Marvel costumes to the Final Fantasy 7 and so on. I honestly couldn’t choose a definitive one.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

Make Mine Marvel!

+ thepatcat on September 7th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

Was Stephen Fry unavailable to do voice for the Move addon? Shame. Still, what I’ve seen so far looks pretty darn fun.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

He’s still with us (just not on that video)

+ evret84 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

+ Budapesti on September 7th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

Favorite Sackboy costume?

Hmmm…. I still love my Judge Dredd/Psi Judge Anderson outfits. I think my Sackperson wears those more than any other.

I also love the Doctor Who costumes that only exist in my imagination.

+ hush404 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

I still haven’t picked up LBP2… so this is awseome :)

+ Airwalkinman17 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Such a great price. LBP2 is incredible multiplayer fun. I had one of the best gaming nights ever with this game when it came out. We stay up all night doing 4 player story mode. The story mode was awesome! This game was leapls and bounds better than the original. I can’t say it enough, but lbp2 is awesome. downloading asap!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 7th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

FYI – you can still play some awesome multi-player with Move. 3 Sackboys with Move controllers (+ Navigation controllers) and a 4th using the standard DualShock3. Just be careful not to hit anyone.

+ D-Squad3 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Wish that the Move pack was free.

+ kivi95 on September 7th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

Awesome now i can play 4-players at home :D

+ SpyDudeFX on September 7th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Any plans to make Prehistoric Moves online enabled?

+ MEUS_6 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

i waiting for it to be availble for download on the psn thats what i am waiting for and a whole lot more games as well

+ MEUS_6 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

when will we get this game and so many more available for download

+ Titchy_Penguin on September 7th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

I might invest in move as this, resistance 3, killzone 3 and heavy rain are tempting to add move to. I add my support to the release it a dd on ps store

+ Imputed7-14 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

It is either the Halloween Pumpkin head with the ringmaster outfit from LBP 1 or Buzz Lightyear. Though all of that could change with a Nathan Drake…maybe in honor of Uncharted 3?

+ Imputed7-14 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

Oh, and are the scoreboard live again…as in can I try for the Scoreboard 25% and 50% trophies yet?

+ JaY_Ci_415 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

Oh snap! $40? Not too shabby but man there are so many games that I’m still backlogged. Gonna add this to my collection though. Too good to pass up. Good move and thanks a lot!

+ MarioGamer159 on September 7th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

Gotta say my favorite costume is Old Snake.

I don’t have Move so I won’t be getting the Move Pack, but I’m interested to see what the community makes with it.

+ Viva-La-Baz on September 7th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

What happened to Stephan Fry? Why is he not narrating the intro? Also how much will this cost?

+ Alyyse on September 7th, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

prices are dropping left and right. now what about gas, lol

+ MRGamer01 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

I’m really hoping the Move Pack will be free, it looks like so much fun! I’ve waited since launch day to play with the move part of the game, but a little disappointed (as well as a lot of others) to see the only move compatibility was a few LBP1-esque levels.

+ rhin0dog888 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

the move is great! brings a whole new level to gaming…even an amazing game like LBP2. Keep killing um PS3! LONG LIVE PLAY

+ JakeRuiner on September 7th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

@8 Jim777, where did you get that Ratchet avatar? I’ve searched for it on the PS store but I haven’t found it. Anyone know? It looks awesome!

+ Adean12-PR on September 7th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

well its about time i can use my nav for this THANK YOU MM and my favorite costume dlc would have to be Anon and Abraxas i <3 tron its my favorite

+ JakeRuiner on September 7th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

I downloaded the update and played the tutorials, so far it looks very promising! I’m eager for the new controlinator tool, and the motion capture tool. I hope its somewhere around 10$, I’ll go as high as 20$ for this one though =)

+ kabirdsall14 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

#32 @MRGamer01, The move pack will NOT be free, but Mm says it will NOT be expensive

@29 (MarioGamer159), Even if you don’t have a move you can still get the Move Pack. It comes with a lot of other stuff: including 17 new sequencer instruments, Also, if you have a friend that has a move, you can always follow them around so you can get the materials and prizes.

I know I am buying it, and I do not have a move yet.

+ Adean12-PR on September 7th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

and still no price for the move pack im so pumped for it please make it as loooow as possible hopefully free but plz tell me and can you please make a cool ninja dlc with two hand swords and awesome detail

+ MRGamer01 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:34 pm said:

@34, go register on the Ratchet And Clank Website. Sorry but I no longer have the link.

+ gameman258 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

The price of the playstation move im not so sure but with my birthday coming up soon I might get it because this sounds pretty cool. I really love creating all kinds of cool stuff with the controlinator. Any Ideas would be great? But since I already have Lbp2 Im thinking about putting the playstation move on my wish list. Pretty COOL though. Thanks for the update. My favorite costume is the Marvel costumes! Making the costumes change such as when you make wolverine’s emotions angry, his claws pop out! and i think if you make more cool costumes like those i’ll be sure to buy them!

+ digitalman123 on September 7th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Tried the Move controls. Was good fun, but You seemed to forget we can’t scale object size with the Move. :(
Please fix!

+ JillyDad on September 7th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

What about aiming power up items with the move controller. Do you use tilt? Or, do you still need the second analogue stick?

+ vettes_4-ever on September 7th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Any word on when the leaderboards go back online?

+ BigBoss672 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

Wow! We had an update without knowing what. That’s… unexpected.
OK, so will the Move Pack be free? Cause it will be a little unfair to those who have a Move but can’t use it for the tools. Also, players that want to play Move levels, are they allowed to play it? Cause in Create Mode for example you can’t use something when you joined someone & he/she doesn’t have it.
And fnally i want to say: man, i wish i was in a LBP2 trailer.

+ crazyme1999 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

awesome game i really loved it from the first time i played it you came really far MM thank you for making a FUN GAME!

+ mandown40 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

LBP 2 rules but their should be a way to make it where you can make water in different areas like small water areas Please take this into consideration”

+ mandown40 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

cool costume just downloaded right now LBP RULES!!

+ Sharingan_itachi on September 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

why do we have “stay tuned” for the price of move pack when it comes out next week? is the price so special to keep it away from us? it better not cost $20 -__-

+ kabirdsall14 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

@ Bigboss672 (#44) “OK, so will the Move Pack be free?”

NO, it will not be free. Mm says it will NOT be expensive though.

@Mandown (#46)
Thats isn’t possible because water is a Dynamic 3D object. They would have to totally redo parts of the engine LBP2 is running on.

+ Speady123 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

Now i don’t know wheter to buy it now or wait till they make a GOTY edition (hopefully). :)

PAGE 1 2