GTAV PS4

See the UNCHARTED 3 Poster Powered by Penny Arcade

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Sep 07, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

Hi everyone! We’re excited to announce today that we’ve partnered with Penny Arcade to bring you an exclusive new poster for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception that you’ll get for free when you pre-order the game from GameStop.

U3_PA_Poster_r2

Created by the talented folks at Penny Arcade and inspired by the Hollywood blockbuster look and feel of UNCHARTED 3, this 17″ x 24″ poster brilliantly depicts Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, and our new villain Katherine Marlowe in a way that not only captures their core personalities, but also manages to reflect a lot of what’s happening between them in UNCHARTED 3.

Exclusive to GameStop, this poster will be a pre-order bonus in addition to the already announced Creepy Crawler Multiplayer Medal Kickback, and is redeemable for preordering in Standard Edition and the Collector’s Edition flavors at GameStop. You’ll get this pre-order bonus for both in-store and online orders.

What if you already pre-ordered? You’re covered! If you pre-ordered in-store, then you’ll get it when you go in to pick up your copy, and if you pre-ordered online, then it will ship out with your game or shortly after. But alas, as with all things awesome, supplies are limited here, so be sure to get your pre-order in sooner rather than later.

PAGE 1 2

+ UltraRazpacho on September 7th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Do want!

+ EfcJonny123 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

hahahahaha cool! I like, I like! :)

+ PatriotEyez27 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Can’t wait for Uncharted 3. Only problem is my studies ….

Started college this week and I didn’t have time to play Resistance 3 :(

+ Shocking4U on September 7th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Cool. too bad i don’t have gamestop in my country. that’s why i don’t like pre orde bonuses that give you advantage over other players who can’t get them.

+ RE_Player on September 7th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

Hope I get one when I pick up the game, already have my Collector’s Edition pre-ordered.

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 7th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

@ RE_Player – You betcha! If you’ve already got it preordered you will definitely get it! This program is just starting so it’s going to cover everyone who has already preordered, as well as new preorders while supplies last. By the way, you are going to LOVE the Collector’s Edition my friend!

+ digitalman123 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Guess where I’m pre-ordering! :D

+ jgrizzle358 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

I already preordered the collector’s edition.

I’m assuming I can just come to the nearest GameStop and pick up my poster?

they probably don’t have them yet though, so I’ll wait a few days.

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 7th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

@ jgrizzle358 – Nope! As I mentioned in the post, it’s available on 11-1-11 at game launch, you can go in and pick it up where you preordered it, or if you ordered online, they will mail it to you with the game (again, at launch) ;)
    Good decision on that CE preorder though, it totally rocks – HARD!

+ Lex_Yayo_407 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Perfect for this blank spot on my wall. Thanks Penny Arcade and Naughty Dog!

+ sinta0531 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Looks great! But it will be better if Chloe is also facing front like the others.

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on September 7th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

@ sinta0531 – Or perhaps you just prefer Chloe’s “front”?

+ EfcJonny123 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Has this poster just spoiled the story line of UC3? Nath protecting elena. Elena looking at Drake (blushing). Sully looking quite deceptive… And Chloe looking very jealous… Very interesting poster…

+ FredPunella on September 7th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

GameStop + Penny Arcade

EPIC FAIL

What dimwitted marketing drone was allowed to come up with this garbage?

+ eaglefan129 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

at PatriotEyez27 same (although I sent my playstation in for repairs so a little different)

+ Taco_Grande on September 7th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

This poster needs more cow bell.

+ Korbei83 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Love it!

But give GameStop my money? Not a chance.

I respect the fine folks at NaughtyDog and other great devs’ work too much to support such a low-life organized crime racket.

+ rbanke on September 7th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

Nice but I don’t give money to GameStop.

+ JH-FallenReaper on September 7th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

damn i started highschool as a senior and havent been able to play resistance 3,i cant even pass games i plan to pass its all happening to fast!!!208 hours into killzone 3 multiplayer thats probably why!!!

+ spoonTRex on September 7th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

I’m a PA fan, and so I don’t say this lightly: This is some of the worst art I’ve seen Gabe do in a long time. I’ll definitely be pre-ordering the game, and I’ll definitely get the poster (since it comes with the pre-order), but it won’t be hanging up any where.

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 7th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Cool poster, but BOO! to Gamestop. Never shop there, and their strong-arm tactics they use on the industry.

+ TerryVSL on September 7th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

That is unbelievably lame.

Sony’s top franchise and Game of the Year 2011 has a marketing hookup with a crappy webcomic???

What tard would hang that junk on their wall?

+ Bluejays20012 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

stupid poster

+ jgrizzle358 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

@Mick Perona

thank you for clearning that up. see I got confused because when I preordered Assassin’s Creed revelations I got a penny arcade poster with it right when I preordered it. I thought this was the same deal. my bad.

+ wolfzero1 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

I liked Amazon’s bonuses better that Gamestop’s . so I went with them, but I do like the poster

+ Korbei83 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

It occurs to me that stuffing Online Passes into your games and then promoting pre-orders via GameStop is pretty damn hypocritical and insulting to your fans.

+ Mobius2525 on September 7th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

……..that poster looks so terrible.

+ GibbShift on September 7th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Don’t stare at our crotches while we synchronize our watches!!!

P.S. Wide crotches.

+ dragonx2k8 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

best buy has a pre order 5 games get $100. You can keep your poster and I’ll take my 100 bucks :)

+ MarinoBrea on September 7th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

Yuck….who had the idea of making Catherine Marlow (and Chole? why?) the centerpiece of that poster…If anything Catherine should be in a more menacing and interesting pose. Drake, Sully and Elena seem to be the supporting cast or something…terrible composition to say the least.

+ Link01 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

I’ve already preordered the Collector’s Edition from amazon :(…. I seriously don’t want to support Gamestop * for many reasons *… but this isn’t fair

+ Armstrong on September 7th, 2011 at 4:18 pm said:

Uncharted 3: Powered By Ugly Stick

+ Justp94 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

Ugly.

+ lisatsunami on September 7th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

I liked the Amazon bonus better so pre-ordered there, & upgraded to CE after Nolan’s hilarious unboxing vid.

Will November 1st EVER get here?!!!

+ spoptinator on September 7th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

Nice! It’s good to know that you guys are pseudo-boycotting Gamestop by linking them with the worst preorder bonus!

+ xjordan93 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

so if i go pre order it now i wont get the poster till nov?

+ Mattsta001 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

What an ugly, ugly poster. It’s demeaning to the developers. With all the talented artists in the world that abomination is the best Sony could come up with? I wonder if Sony’s marketing dept are a few cards short of a full deck sometimes.

+ MoneyMaker110 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

+ zech678 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

nice kool there

+ OahuGrown on September 7th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

My kitty got wet!

+ scorpio182 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

meh, cold have looked better but cool idea.

+ Kchow23 on September 7th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

Poster looks cool! but is it US gamestops only? also I’ve noticed that Sony games released in the US tend to have “reversible box arts” but Canadians version don’t. why? :(

+ poodude on September 7th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

How does this post only have a 2/5 rating, this thing looks awesome!

Also, is this American Gamestops only? I’d love to get it up here in the Great White North.

+ rockinjs864 on September 7th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

yes I argee with everyone why promote gamestop out of all places that was a terrible mistake on u guys part try getting them at best buy and amazon also I for one don’t support gamestop because they steal our money and yours

+ ksunnyv1011 on September 7th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

Only for Game Stop Pre-Orders?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on September 7th, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

Not for me, I really dislike how they painted the characters, it doesn’t look nor feel like Uncharted… It’s looking like… something else.

+ Alyyse on September 7th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

lol

+ Alyyse on September 7th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

lol cool poster

+ nirojan45 on September 7th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

US Gamestop’s only or does this include Canadian Gamestop’s?

+ tonydamiani on September 7th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

I pre-order Collectors Edition :P Cant wait :D

+ RudeAnimat0r on September 7th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Awesome poster, but I don’t generally shop with GameStop. Pretty tired of being penalized for being a loyal Amazon customer.

+ newsense2008 on September 7th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

I hope Gamestop has them when 11-1-11 comes. I definitely like my Uncharted 2 poster more than this one but I have been trying to collect anything Uncharted I can so I will frame it and put it up.

+ Basindo on September 7th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

Call me a hater or troll or whatever but I just don’t like the poster. I understand individual artist’s don’t like the depiction of the characters to look exactly like the real ones, but they are just ugly in the poster in my opinion. Didn’t like the one from Comic-Con either but it was better than this.

I like the posters like the one some people got for Infamous 2 from Gamestop (I didn’t get it there). It doesn’t change the character or anything but still looks cool and original.

But I have to thank you Naughty Dog and Sony for making none of the preorder bonuses exclusive to that store/preorder, and instead just giving early access. I preordered from BestBuy but I didn’t care where I preordered because all the bonuses weren’t exclusive, so thank you guys very much. It was a hassle getting all the infamous 2 dlc, and having to wait until 2 months later on the store to buy them.

Thanks guys