PS4-Infamous

See the UNCHARTED 3 Poster Powered by Penny Arcade

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Sep 07, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

Hi everyone! We’re excited to announce today that we’ve partnered with Penny Arcade to bring you an exclusive new poster for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception that you’ll get for free when you pre-order the game from GameStop.

U3_PA_Poster_r2

Created by the talented folks at Penny Arcade and inspired by the Hollywood blockbuster look and feel of UNCHARTED 3, this 17″ x 24″ poster brilliantly depicts Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, and our new villain Katherine Marlowe in a way that not only captures their core personalities, but also manages to reflect a lot of what’s happening between them in UNCHARTED 3.

Exclusive to GameStop, this poster will be a pre-order bonus in addition to the already announced Creepy Crawler Multiplayer Medal Kickback, and is redeemable for preordering in Standard Edition and the Collector’s Edition flavors at GameStop. You’ll get this pre-order bonus for both in-store and online orders.

What if you already pre-ordered? You’re covered! If you pre-ordered in-store, then you’ll get it when you go in to pick up your copy, and if you pre-ordered online, then it will ship out with your game or shortly after. But alas, as with all things awesome, supplies are limited here, so be sure to get your pre-order in sooner rather than later.

PAGE 1 2

+ dirtyd89 on September 7th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

F***ing awesome!
I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition at Game Stop.
Hope I get this dope poster.
:D

+ AllAroundPsycho on September 7th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

I’ve had enough of this. Retailer-specific bonuses are getting out of hand. Companies should be happy that anyone, no matter where they buy it from, is buying a game at $60. They should be giving bonuses to anyone that is willing to buy a game at $60 when they can wait a couple months and get it at $40, or a couple more months and get it at $30 or even $20. In this economy, one-time use DLC codes or packed-in “gifts” with new copies are really a much better and much more fair way to do this kind of thing.

I might just cancel my pre-order and buy the game off of eBay or Craigslist. Then neither GameStop or Sony gets my money.

+ jcsredouane on September 7th, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

can sony or anyone please help me, my PS3 is having some problems and i heard that you can send it to sony and sony would fix it, is this ture? if it is, is it like a life time guarranty or something? someone please help me, im even scared of turning my PS3 on because its acting up VERY wierd

+ GOGETTA213 on September 7th, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

Looks like a funny poster.UNC 3 Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ GOGETTA213 on September 7th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

You can send in ur ps3 to sony for a one time tune up i should say.Call Sony and set up an appointment with sony.They shouldn’t give u problem. If so just to speak to a supervisor that should take care of that.”Oh yea about the life time warranty theres no such thing.”

+ B1GG1N on September 7th, 2011 at 8:42 pm said:

Hmm.. a so-so poster by an Xbox shilling webcomic (seriously Sony, PA?), or buy elsewhere and have the reassurance that my new video game will actually be new; having not been opened, played by grubby handed employees, shrink wrapped, and then sold as new.

+ EnterNameHere on September 7th, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

I love it, but honestly? F Gamestop; nowhere makes you feel more like a criminal for buying games without *gasp!* preordering than they do. I wish more offers like this would happen with Amazon or somewhere that respects their customers. :(

+ tich56956 on September 7th, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

Huge fan of Penny Arcade, bigger fan of Uncharted. The two combined only makes for an incredible masterpiece! Mike, you’re an incredible inspiration, looking forward to the pre-order for this :D

+ blakseed on September 7th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

nooooo! Why Gamestop?!

+ MGO_Count on September 7th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

Lol @ Chloe

+ scajman on September 7th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

I logged in for the first time ever to say that poster is terrible. I like Penny Arcade and I like Uncharted but we have now found out that the two don’t mix. Good lord that is hideous.

+ Wanya187 on September 7th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

Hey! Awesome poster!

but what if i already pre-ordered the CE like 4 months ago (from gamestop) do i still get everything included on the way to release?

+ M3wThr33 on September 7th, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

Why does Nathan Drake look like Woll Smoth? Gabe has done better art. This is embarassing.

+ theLgnd09 on September 7th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

This poster is growing on me. At first I thought it was lame. but the more I see it, the more awesome it looks!

+ DarkOne_PR on September 7th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

penny arcade style its horrible… sorry .. the assassins creed poster was horrible as well… anyways, i have my game pre-order and im pretty sure that the game wont be horrible lol!

+ DeviantBoi on September 8th, 2011 at 12:31 am said:

Why would you work with those hacks over at Penny Arcade?

+ CommandrJXS8 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:50 am said:

I agree that the artist went a little overboard with the freedom to draw them in his own depiction, however, this is just what i wanted as far as a clincher for the collector’s edition pre-order. I was hoping that we would get some kind of poster or something and this is good enough for me. I was going to pre-order Uncharted 3 after Battlefield 3 and Rage, but this definitely changes things. I might even head down to gamestop tomorrow!

+ ynp7 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:55 am said:

Leave it to the clowns at Penny Arcade to make something as awesome as Uncharted look ugly and lame. I’d hardly call this ugly thing a “bonus.”

+ angelspawn77 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:52 am said:

Awesome stuff! I love when games do this, So far I have pre-order posters for God of War 3, Infamous 2 and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. I will save a spot on my wall for this poster for sure!

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on September 8th, 2011 at 3:31 am said:

guys and gals, just like any promo at gamestop “when an item such as infamous 2 poster or the l.a.noire cup poster art book, supplies are in fact limited, dont ask me how or why they run out but they do.. hence i have my penny arcade revelations poster hanging up now in my game room.. just make sure you do get to the store before 2 hours of closing because your pre-order may be deemed”not honored/going to pick up” and all the extra posters will be given out to regular customers who ask , horded and end result, no poster.. it happens all the time, i buy so much stuff at my local game stop that i dont have to pre-order to get in on the goodies… just the dlc’s are exempt from goodies. and im not the only one so keep this in mind and try to get there as soon as you can to avoid “wtf is my poster?” crazy thing is that they get sent extra’s and ive seen pre-ordered gamers not get a poster simply because of time , and the fact of not doing what they are supposed to do, hold one per pre-order until the store closes. just a fyi

+ jimboiscool1 on September 8th, 2011 at 4:04 am said:

@ 13 YOU need more cow bell. Looks awesome Naughty Dog!

+ jkuc75sj on September 8th, 2011 at 5:31 am said:

Man I wish my local retailer lets me pre-order this, or at least reserve a copy…

+ palitococo on September 8th, 2011 at 5:40 am said:

I hate Gamestop so if we (amazon customers and everyone) can get the same treatment it will be great, if not ,thanks for just ingnoring us.

+ Burdmayn on September 8th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

While the art style is certainly different, I’m extremely excited to pick up this poster. I’ve been a long time reader of Penny Arcade and I have the Assassin’s Creed poster they did as well. This is just a sweet bonus to an already sweet looking game, even better if you pre-ordered the collector’s ed. (I did!) Thanks Sony and Penny Arcade! Now I’ll have one more thing to hang on my wall.

+ Elvick_ on September 8th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

Ew, Gamestop.

+ windsmere on September 8th, 2011 at 6:50 am said:

People still shop at RapeStop?

+ king199780 on September 8th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

come on.you are saying this know.i have pre-ordered from an other shop.that is bad :(

+ EggySong85 on September 8th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Not a fan of Gamestop or Penny Arcade, so I’m not really missing out on anything here.

+ DemonJediSamuel on September 8th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

I think I’d rather a poster I can pick up at a mall of Nathan Drake, I have a God Of War 3 one on my wall right now… no offence that’s just to cartoony for even my taste. I like the idea of it, but it’s not my cup of joe… still pretty good.

+ ClinToN on September 8th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Sorry, anything to do with Penny Arcade gets no recognition from me.

+ manzoor47 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

oh wow :D I am so looking forward to this.

+ saintaqua on September 8th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

I’ve already preordered but to be honest PA’s style doesn’t appeal to me. I’d have much preferred actual art from Naughty Dog or the stuff used in the comics.

+ ElektroDragon on September 8th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Just because they are Penny Arcade and famous for PAX, etc DOES NOT MAKE THEM GOOD ARTISTS as this poster proves. Sorry, I like Penny Arcade to some extent and go to PAX yearly, but this poster SUCKS. I’ve seen much better from those guys, and that’s with their middling talent.

+ koolkillerbee46 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

I love uncharted but poster looks stupid ac revelations poster was same really cartoon lokking (although its grown on me) but this no ive preordered this but will be throwing poster away.

+ vulcan25 on September 8th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

okay thats pretty cool, maybe i should preorder after all

+ AutomaticOcelot on September 8th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

I do appreciate Gabe’s art style, but when I saw the crop that he posted on PA I had to stop and think “why does Drake have long hair that’s pulled up?” And then I got that he overlaps Chloe. 8)
For me, that’s the photographic equivalent of a lamppost coming out of someone’s head.

Still, if ND ever asks PA to do a minicomic I’d read it.

+ NintendoTim on September 8th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

7200 x 10800? I’ll take that file to Kinkos; already pre-ordered at Best Buy.

+ JEC94 on September 8th, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

the poster sux

+ MaxxAmmo on September 8th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

At first glance I thought you had resurrected ‘Al Hirschfeld’, deceased illustrator from the NY Times and had him make a poster. That would be cool. Then I looked a little more closely, not Hirschfeld, nowhere near his quality of illustration.

This poster does not do the game, or the extremely talented people who have worked tirelessly to make this game, justice. It doesn’t look like it represents the game or the fans of the game. Lame.

+ Helm_of_Darkness on September 8th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

Sorry, I’m not a fan of this poster :[
I would rather have a poster with the real characters, not a cartoon kind. (don’t know what else to call it, lol)
Any chance of a different style poster somewhere? Even if I had to buy it separate somewhere else?

+ Rene_Led on September 8th, 2011 at 10:29 pm said:

That’s a fugly poster..well good thing is free, so can’t truly complain ;)
Well go good next to my ACR Penny Arcade poster.

+ Rene_Led on September 8th, 2011 at 10:31 pm said:

@90 we’d be lucky enough if they put something for Uc3 at Walmart.
Walmart has fairly cool game posters, but sadly they usually only have like 4-5 and the rest are occupied by justin biber or something :/

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on September 9th, 2011 at 5:36 am said:

i dont really care where i spend my money as far as pre-ordering, what i do care about is what i will be getting for pre-ordering, dlc’s, the exclusive kind,lol
for instance i got the chimera teeth and level 5 booster at gamestop, but now that i think about it ( and after logging onto multiplayer) ive noticed that some bypassed the campaign( to each their own, what ever way they decide to game is up to them, they paid 60 bucks so getting the online edge is understandable because the campaign isnt going anywhere but m.p. rankings are,lol) and went straight to m.p. so my booster was worthless and ranking up to level 5 takes a few matches or so. hence a special skin wouldve been more worth while to me after dawn hit marble head, but hey the teeth are cool, im missing my entire top row so i inserted them there, so it wasnt so bad i guess,lol.. do i see gamers playing w/ them around their neck? i can picture it, and often do when im having a bad day and need a good laugh. either way penny arcade isnt enough of a pre-order incentive for me, combined w/ some exclusive dlc and then its something i wouldnt mind having, but can do w/o

+ nacho689 on September 11th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

I pre ordered the regular edtion, will I still get one? I pre ordered it before the collectiors edtion was announced, I would have pre ordered that one but didnt know about it until afterwards.. :(

+ kitkatkid on September 11th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

im in the uk and ordered the explorer edition from gamestop, is this offer on in the uk also

+ CaptainJames99 on September 12th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

making poster available = good PR

making a poster this bad…….well it just isn’t good PR

PAGE 1 2