No Man's Sky

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection Hit Soon, See Final Box Art

Brian Dunn's Avatar + Posted by Brian Dunn on Sep 08, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

It’s been a while since we’ve updated you on the remastered ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, but we did want to remind you about its upcoming launch on September 27th! As a special treat, we’re proud to unveil the final box art and inside packaging for the collection, depicting stylized artwork from both titles. In addition to full 1080p HD, stereoscopic 3D support, and 7.1 surround sound, this re-release contains a ton of exclusive bonus footage and behind-the-scenes content that will await you on September 27th. Full details are available here.

Additionally, we wanted to confirm that The Last Guardian is not on the schedule for this year’s Tokyo Game Show. However we can assure you that Ueda-san and the rest of the development team are hard at work to bring his lofty vision to life and deliver the very best gaming experience possible.

ICO & Shadow of Colossus Collection for PS3

98 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ MoneyMaker110 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

so close. love the inside cover.

+ Nintendo451 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Aww…I’ll be missing The Last Guardian. I’m looking forward to it, just as I’m sure everyone else is. You keep working hard guys!

+ slydaniels on September 8th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Look amazing just from seeing the box art.

Totally getting this one.

+ colonel005 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

“The photo is currently unavailable” Flickr (That is what I see)

On topic: I can’t wait for this game. I tried really hard to get ICO to play on my 60GB PS3, but I could never find it. Shadow of the Colossus was an awesome game and one of my favorites of all time.

Too bad The Last Guardian won’t be on TGS, but it is good to be reassured they are still working on it. Either way, it looks like PS3 is closing the generation (assuming it will be over in 1 or 2 years) with a bang!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 8th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

Fixed!

+ NightHawk479 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Take note developers! We love these reversible covers! First R3 and now this…keep them coming!

+ reson8er on September 8th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Please, PLEASE make this a standard practice for PS3 games (1st party at least). After seeing this and having the same with Resistance 3, there is no going back. The alternate covers are a fantastic idea and really really cool for those who love to appreciate the art.

+ Kchow23 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Will the Canadian copies get the reversible box art too? Man another TGS missed :(

+ onslaughtree on September 8th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

SWEET. Reminds me of the original japaneese box art.
I still own the originals, so I will have to wait it out till I purchase this. Looks so cool though.

+ CEBREROS_BATUSAI on September 8th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

+ Tchanku on September 8th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

Can’t wait. I never got around to playing either of these titles.

+ Sharingan_itachi on September 8th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

thank you for the cover.. I love replacing them with a clean one.

+ DeathGazer on September 8th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

Last Guardian not at TGS?

WTF is going on with that game???

+ cronqvist on September 8th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

I know I’ll be flipping the cover the moment I open the game. Thank you, Team ICO and Sony. :D

+ djnealb on September 8th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Can’t wait to get this. I never played Ico, but SotC was one of my absolute favorite games of the last generation. I’ll also be sure to flip that insert around once it’s out of the shrink wrap.

+ UltraRazpacho on September 8th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Reversible covers are awesome guys, please do them with all over your first-party games.

+ Kidsmoker on September 8th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

I’d also like to share my appreciation of the reversible covers. Let’s make it a trend, please!

+ Midpipps on September 8th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Ah clean covers are the best makes the game collection look awesome on the wall. Please keep doing this.

I cannot wait for Last Guardian and may also pick up SOTC/ICO pack even though I already have both for ps2. It all depends on if I can catch up on the games that I want to buy. So many great ps3 games lately and so little moeny.

+ lisatsunami on September 8th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Gee, what a surprise, still no Last Guardian. Luckily I’ve given up all hope anyway.

As for this collection, the drought ends for me on Sept 27, when I get the day 1 delivery. Really excited about playing these! I was going to wait till Nov 1 to buy a Bravia 3D, but hmmmm.

+ FredPunella on September 8th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Reversible covers FTW.

Would love to have the two inside covers as posters.

+ boxmyth on September 8th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

Classy. I approve.

+ angelspawn77 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

Pretty sweet, I’ll be switching covers every once in awhile to keep it new to the eyes whenever I play these. Can’t wait to play both games, never played Ico, but I did play SotC like 2 years ago and it was great. Definitely gonna be buying this day 1.

+ CEBREROS_BATUSAI on September 8th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

please answer me this game will be on sale in the psn store to download digital???

+ TheGuardianFID on September 8th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

I have this MASTERPIECE pre-ordered, I can’t wait to experience them again!!! 8)

+ rockinjs864 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Will pick this is for SotC looks great and yes keep the reversible covers coming

+ KwietStorm on September 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

the last guardian is a lie

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

*tears of joy*

+ shogun00 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Cool! We get a reversible cover with title on the spine.

+ ne_plus_ultra on September 8th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

I have to say I do love the idea of the reversible cover. Allows for the necessary marketing and awareness, yet gives us an option for excellent and clean cover art. Brilliant idea. Please keep them coming.

+ MegamiTensei13 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Yeahhhhhhhh Reversible Cover !!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!! THANKSSSSSSS

+ IndoorEnthusiast on September 8th, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

canada misses the full colour manual and reversible box art sony so please be nice and bring them back.

+ theLgnd09 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Really?! No last guardian at TGS. Awww…. Dang. *sigh* this is a bigger let down than the ending of borderlands..

+ ElektroDragon on September 8th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

The reversible covers are awesome! Can’t wait for my preorder to be delivered!

+ Alyyse on September 8th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

i like it

+ snake4308 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

beautiful, absolutely beautiful! (cries)

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 8th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

BOUGHT BOUGHT BOUGHT BOUGHT BOUGHT 100 times over.

Two of my favorite games of all time in my 30 years of gaming!

So excited, and great to jump back in after all these years in how it was meant to look and be played.

Bring on TLG!!!!!!!!

+ manzoor47 on September 8th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

I was hoping for The Last Guardian at TGS but this will keep me busy :).

+ OCxViRuXz on September 8th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

Nice to see these awesome titles are being remastered… cant wait to get my hands on these on the 27th… off topic tho: when r we ganna c remastered versions of Xenosaga 1, 2 n 3????

+ favian on September 8th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

Another user suggestion implemented! Thank you

+ Daojones on September 8th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

In Japan, they have or are getting a limited edition (since the games are sold individually) that comes with a 100 page booklet. Any possible way us folks not from Japan can get this booklet without importing the LE?

+ favian on September 8th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Ueda can take his time with TLG, it should be nothing less than a masterpiece. Why put it out when it’s not ready?

Love the reversed cover. Classy

+ dablemont on September 8th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Haven’t had the opportunity to play these games. Looking forward to it!

+ Ryusennin on September 8th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

Sony keeps mentioning 1080p, but all reviews so far have confirmed that the games run at 720p. What’s the score?

+ UmbrellaCon on September 8th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Oh, how I cannot wait for this. I have been putting off another play-through of these wonderful games just for this HD collection. Thank you to Ueda and his team for doing this. Keep on working hard on The Last Guardian.

+ Trieloth on September 8th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

Looks great!! picking up this game and gonna beat it again but now with trophies and 3D…awesome sause!

+ Liamario on September 8th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

1080p or 720p?
Rumours going around that the games are only 720p!

+ ajax_17 on September 8th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

Probably will be my first HD remaster.

+ Avalanche on September 8th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Still upset that thee was no sort of collectors edition or anything with this re-release. i would have gladly payed $100 for SotC alone

+ Budapesti on September 8th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

You know, I never owned a PS2. During the PS2 years, I had sort of fallen out of love with gaming for one reason or another. However, I did own Ico. I found it on sale in Blockbuster video in Oxford, England (where I lived at the time). Being a UK copy, it had the beautiful box art and postcard inserts and it was very cheap so I bought the thing without even owning a system to play it on.
About six months later I took it to a friends house and we stayed up through the night playing it. It was beautiful, sublime and like nothing I’d played before. I left it with him and that, as they say, was that. I never had the opportunity to play it again, that game I bought solely for the striking box art and unusual name.
Needless to say, I absolutely cannot wait to return to Ico, and to try Shadow of the Colossus. I’m pretty certain, from what I’m told and have read here and elsewhere, that I’m in for something very special.

+ MeccaFlare0 on September 8th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

WOW, After seeing the inside box art I kinda hate myself for being born in Canada.
Considering the fact that we get no inside box art in any games…
I will just continue importing until this is fixed, I’m done with Canadian releases.
Same price for black and white manual(most games) and a cheap white inside.
I will preorder this from for sure… from an American site

+ Sneeches on September 8th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

never played these on the ps2, but very excited to give them a try on the ps3 :)

PAGE 1 2