PS4-The Order

UNCHARTED 3 TV Spot – First Look

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Sep 08, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Like UNCHARTED

Tonight marks the beginning of our advertising campaign for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception. I’m really excited to get to share with you loyal PlayStation.Blog readers a special sneak peek at our first television spot for the campaign that will “kick off” tonight. And where exactly would be the best place for a kick-off? Well, how about during the 2011 NFL Kickoff game tonight between the Packers and Saints? This UNCHARTED 3 spot was created 100% from in-game footage – what do you think? Be sure to let us know in the comments.

We have a lot of great things lined up for UNCHARTED 3, and this is just the beginning. Look for this spot to air tonight with the kick-off game, and also with your favorite shows including the season premiere of the Simpsons and many more!

119 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ manzoor47 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

I WANT THIS GAME NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :O.

+ nirojan45 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Looks cool!

+ Shadow-Man_4 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

Oh my god! Anything Uncharted is ofcourse going to ROCK with awesomeness. Awesome job Sony, the more you let people know about this masterpiece, the better the game will sell, and thus we’ll have more players to play the amazing MP with!

I loved this Ad. Keep updating us about Uncharted 3, please. I’m so obssessed with the Uncharted universe that I not only Platiniumed Uncharted 2, but also had the 100% trophy completion! :)

Oh, and any news about the Subway deal? It’s less than a month away! :D

+ DeathGazer on September 8th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

Uhcharted 3 hype for the next 2 months? Yes please!

+ egee22 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Uncharted 3 GOTY, i want the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Collector’s Edition :)

+ Aggie_CEO on September 8th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ thepatriots on September 8th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Yes the game is going to be great… but this commercial was meh. Again, like the resistance commercial, too many quick cuts. If I was not aware of what Uncharted is I would not know by the end of the commercial. You want a commercial to pander to an NFL audience, look at what MW2 did.

+ lisatsunami on September 8th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

I’ll TiVo the game just to later watch this commercial.

+ Storm777 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Can’t wait to play UC3.. the campaign mostly .. I hope the MP has improved ALOT since the Beta

+ Infemeth on September 8th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Beautiful ad. Starting to get excited for this holiday season.

+ shaniyousaf on September 8th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Best game ever……….. it should be game of the year ;)

+ KwietStorm on September 8th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

You mean you’re going all out with an ad campaign in the US long before release? Doth meine eyes deceive me?

+ jazzyrider on September 8th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

Excellent in-game footage! As a guy who loves action/adventure movies (and games), this surely will get people thinking twice if its a movie then realize its a game! What a way capture and market especially on football night too.

+ Ninja-KiLLR on September 8th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

cool was already excited to see the Packers kick some ass and now i get to see some UC3 as well. double win.

+ ShaoranLi on September 8th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

As much as I want to see the ad, I won’t! It’s great that it’s getting mass exposure none the less.

+ KAPADO on September 8th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

preordered this since it was first announced , come on November

+ king199780 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

i am sure that uncharted 3 with those graphics will be game of the year.

+ arkard1000 on September 8th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

LOVE THISSSS!

+ hulkrock on September 8th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Going to win Game of the year again!!! Multiple awards are going to go to this game.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 8th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Collector’s Edition can’t come soon enough, outstanding!!! 8)

+ X_OwNeR_X on September 8th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Just take my money now Naughty Dog!

+ saintaqua on September 8th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

I really want this game. The new villainess is very intriguing!
But the preview is too short and seems to take a lot of things for granted.

+ Demonic_Clown on September 8th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

Go Packers!!

Can’t wait to play this game, after seeing the plane sequence I’m hooked.

+ TomHoang on September 8th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

A dedicated Uncharted Youtube channel, nice!

+ Butters360 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

Naughty Dog just take my money already!

+ Zacky-V-A7X on September 8th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

ND is GOD!!!

+ Korbei83 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Epic.

+ OahuGrown on September 8th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

LONG. LIVE. PLAY. WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS GAME BRO! SPIKING MY HAIR TIL 11-1-11

+ slydaniels on September 8th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

Look great.

+ SoleAddict23 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

YES! Smart marketing, advertising, etc! Finally! During the 2011 NFL Kickoff, yes! Uncharted 3, GotY 2011, perhaps GOAT!

Sidenote, you should improve the PSN logo on your ads, it’s way too small, maybe even add PlayStation Network to the side of the PSN “network” logo, Network under PlayStation.

+ JaY_Ci_415 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

This game is ridiculous. How can I not add this to my collection? Have the first two so it’s a lock. I honestly don’t see anything else being considered GOY when it’s all said and done.

+ dino0902 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

I thought U1 was meh, though U2 was totally the bees knees. One way to find out what U3 has for us! I hate waiting!

+ rsturbo89 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

Looks like it will be one hell of a ride! There is no words to describe how much I love Uncharted series.
Uncharted is just Unf*****d :)

+ gagjm on September 8th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Only thing I don’t want to happen now is a delay.

+ TrueDecepticon16 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Looks awesome!!!

+ memberop on September 8th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

“We have a lot of great things lined up for UNCHARTED 3, and this is just the beginning.”

*Cough* *COUGH* Another *COUGH!* cinema *COUGH!!* sneak *Cough* peak *cough* event?

(Takes some halls)

Ah….much better.

+ angelspawn77 on September 8th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

Pretty cool, the part at the end blew my mind, the second shown that was after the Cargo plane was going down and Drake is flying through the air while the plane is burning and falling that was unexpected. I was literally thinking “Pretty cool, but too bad I’ve already seen all this” then all of a sudden NEW FOOTAGE! and I went O_O
haha. Can’t wait to play this.

+ memberop on September 8th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

*Hopefully*

You guys (Sony) can make a Kevin Butler commercial that was as funny, or funnier as your Uncharted 2 commercial.

lol

“I’m going to file this one under; not an issue.”

+ dirtyd89 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Uncharted 3 will be my most played game this year with Battlefield 3 following very closely behind.

Until November comes around I’ll continue to rank up in UC2 MP.

Level 54 already and hopefully I can reach Level 60 by the time UC3 comes out.
(Though I doubt it. I’d have to play a lot to reach that level but eventually I’ll reach Level 60.)

Edit:
-Uncharted 3: Collector’s Edition

-Battlefield 3: Limited Edition
(My Holiday 2011 list for me is complete.)

+ SlaughteredNinja on September 8th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

There’s a lot of things coming out in November. But I have to choose UNCHARTED 3 or MGS HD Collection because both of these will be sold out. Gotta choose…

+ mastorofpuppetz on September 8th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

WOW, Sony actually properly building hype and marketing a game? I’m shocked? Too bad only uncharted gets the love from the sony hype machine.. Too late though as Sony allowed MS to advertise, brainwash and put the xbox on everyones popular conscience in the US, Sony stood by and did nothing.

+ mastorofpuppetz on September 8th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Sony needs to start doing promotions/bundles in the US…….

+ Aionh on September 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

Yay, this is the only thing Uncharted was lacking, ADVERTISING!. Everybody with and without a PS3 needs to know about this game, because to watch it is to buy it.

So kudos for Sony and Naughty Dog, a full advertising campaign is nothing less than what this great game deserves.

+ Sephir007 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

This is great, I love it! in my mind its only you U3, hehe good to have resistance 3 to make the wait bearable..

+ BLEACH-Fan on September 8th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Sony market the hell out of this game especially here in europe

+ ToFeY on September 8th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

GOOSEBUMPS ARE BACL ;O

UNCHARTED 3!!!!!!! HURRY UP NOVEMBER ;’(

+ ToFeY on September 8th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

^ i meant BACK hahahaa

+ supermoc10 on September 8th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

PURE EPICNESS!!!!!!!!!!

+ ToFeY on September 8th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

@shaniyousaf

it’s already game of the year!! ha!

+ ElektroDragon on September 8th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

Dear Sony: The people who play Uncharted games and people who watch football on TV are generally NOT the same audience! That’s why they’re watching football instead of gaming. The only real overlap is with Madden fans. But Madden fans only buy Madden and Call of Duty. Surely your market research has told you this??

PAGE 1 2 3