PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

God of War: Origins Collection Hits PS3 Today With Launch Trailer

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Sep 13, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

Fellow Spartans -

The wait is over! Kratos storms store shelves everywhere in the form God of War: Origins Collection—the compilation of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on a single Blu-ray Disc, available today! Now fans and newcomers to the franchise can complete the God of War experience on their PS3 for the first time. And so far, members of the media have given God of War: Origins Collection a strong thumbs up. GameTrailers.com called the game “a gift worthy of Olympus,” while MTV.com said “God of War: Origins Collection is an absolute steal.” Other early reviews include IGN.com (9/10), GamesRadar.com (9/10), GamePro (4/5), Game Informer (9.5/10), 1UP.com (A-), Machinima.com (9/10), Complex.com (8/10), DigitalTrends.com (9/10), DualShockers.com (9/10), PlayStationLifestyle.com (9/10), CraveOnline.com, and the Arizona Republic—just to name a few.

In case you forgot, here’s a quick refresher on what this package includes:

-Two award-winning PSP classics (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) on PS3 for the first time
-Both games running in high-definition 1080p resolution with full stereoscopic 3D support
-Only $39.99, and just in time for the holidays making it a great gift option
-PSN Trophy support that will challenge even the best players
-Dolby 5.1 / DTS surround sound
-Full DualShock 3 Wireless Controller compatibility with rumble support

Bonus content includes the God of War Game Directors Live round table video, Legionnaire Kratos skin, and the Forest of the Forgotten combat arena—all on the same Blu-ray Disc

Last, but certainly not least, in honor of today’s God of War: Origins Collection release, we’re releasing a new launch trailer; Watch it above and let us know what you think!

69 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ GMFCO311 on September 13th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Oh yeah! Glad I pre-ordered this, the mail can’t come any sooner! ;)

+ D-Squad3 on September 13th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Too many games to get!!!

+ fester420 on September 13th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

The store update can’t come soon enough. Need my God of War fix.

+ AntDaGamer on September 13th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

@52 D-Squad3: Indeed too many games. Just went about broke last week. I’m not gonna be able to get this anytime soon. Got Dead Island and Resistance 3. Then next month more stuff again…omg I guess one day I’ll get to play!

+ angelspawn77 on September 13th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

I wasn’t gonna get this today, but dammit! this is making me want it, lol. I’ll probably get it in 2 weeks, that trailer got me hyped to play this again. The remaster is well worth it.

+ InMaN_06 on September 13th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

its 15 til 7 right now..how come this hasn’t hit the ps store yet?

+ bi0_man_392 on September 13th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

The sound dosen’t work in the game.

+ yoshikawa666 on September 13th, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

$40 for such an overrated game? No, thank you.

+ JEC94 on September 13th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

not better than GOW3 but still good

+ jgrizzle358 on September 13th, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

how do I get my Legionnaire Kratos skin, and the Forest of the Forgotten combat arena?

there was no code in the game box

+ IDOLO1013 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:38 pm said:

@60
Same here.
how do you unlock those? Were there suppose to be a voucher code inside the case?
please answer this, because if it was then I going to return the game tomorrow & demand a refund for not including the DLC.

+ t36066 on September 14th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Its funny how I bought this game new at game stop and I didn’t get any of the bonus conntent like it said on the back of the box.. besides that video

+ fathead170 on September 14th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

new ip please

+ ODINGameslayer on September 14th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Wow, 40 bucks? I guess I’ll go for it, since it IS God of War, after all. Both games rocked on the PSP. $30 would have been about right, though.

+ ODINGameslayer on September 14th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

ALSO: To their credit, I played the PS3 demo as well, and these games look GREAT on the big screen.

+ WelmoscaBR on September 14th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

Dear God I need this game like I need breath…I’m a big huge fan of GoW series and I love Kratos…..I’ll pick this game no matter what.

+ YungShep on September 14th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO BE A PS PLUS MEMBER AGAIN..I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT FOR GOD OF WAR ORIGINS TO BE AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY VIA PS PLUS IS EPIC..I TOTALLY LOVE YALL FOR THIS

+ invalidid on September 14th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

God of War series is getting stale. Hasn’t evolved one bit.

+ MeccaFlare0 on September 15th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

@68 ok buddy each game has its uniqueness in weapons in magic.
however the attacks and combos are the same for the most part.
Also consider only 1 of the 5 GoW titles were actually intended for PS3
Your opinion is invalid I have all the Gow games and I can clearly see it evolved with time.

PAGE 1 2