PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Sack it to Me: LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack Hits PSN Today

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 13, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Today’s the day! The LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack will be available later today on the PlayStation Store refresh. The epic downloadable pack includes tons of new gadgets and tools, giving you the power to CREATE games for your PlayStation Move motion controller, which eventually means that tons of user-generated PlayStation Move-enabled games will be available to everyone for free via PSN. But most importantly, the Move Pack contains an epic new storyline titled “Rise of the Cakeling!” See what’s in store in our new Story trailer below.

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Rise of the Cakeling Move Pack (add-on) will be available for $9.99 in the US. Note that you must have LittleBigPlanet 2 in order to play it.

What’s New

With LittleBigPlanet making its way to the PS Vita, we have lots to more features to share. Stay tuned as we highlight different features over the next few months. For now, check out this online interview with one of the members of Tarsier Studios – the team leading Sackboy’s charge onto the powerful PS Vita handheld system.

LBP_PSVita_TouchPlanet

Community Corner

Our epic community continues to wow us with new games and level creations. Below, check out some nuggets that we found over the weekend. And, as always, thanks to our creative creators for sharing these games…and to the fans that record these and post these online for all to enjoy.

Epic sidescrolling shooter: Great work PSYNTENS!

1.06 update goodness! – BludgaBoy’s tutorial on new features within the update

LittleBigPodcast: Episode 137
Our “forever fans” are still at it with a new podcast. Can’t believe you guys are on #137! Epic WIN!

Question of the week: What’s your favorite Pop-it tool? Be sure to let us know in the comments below!

PAGE 1 2

+ lve_msg on September 13th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Finally a price!!!!

+ ItsNymo on September 13th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

wow, $9.99? Interesting to see the price finally announced, but a tad bit surprised that it’s going to be a full $10. though, Makes sense: This IS probably Media Molecule’s BIGGEST update to the game, after all!

Can’t wait to try out the new Move Pack!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 13th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Definitely the biggest, baddest and most…”moving” DLC to date. 5 levels, 7 side-games, tons of tools, Move Paint and new costumes.

+ MarcusRaven on September 13th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

FIRST!

Personally, I love the material cursors, because building terrain is so much fun!

(Currently building a level based on MegaMan X’s Chill Penguin, forming a story that blends the LBP universe with the Reploid one. Wish me luck! Can’t wait to see if I can use the Move Pack in it!)

+ MarcusRaven on September 13th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

…screwed up on the First. Oh well. ^_^

+ Damjann on September 13th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

Little Big planets are AWSOME!!!!!!!!

+ Shadow-Man_4 on September 13th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Great!
I’ll be getting this “awesomely packed” DLC soon, by Thursday hopefully.

But, guys, tell Steven to announce the “Something awesome” that we’re waiting for for weeks now. :)

+ zombie9 on September 13th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

hey if you didn’t know Gamestop has a SALE on MOVE controllers and Nav controllers 50% OFF. U can get both for $40. But I think you have to order threw there web site.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 13th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Yup…what he said! Don’t forget you can now 3 players can play with the Move + Nav configuration. Good Move times ahead.

+ stone-heach on September 13th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

does it also come in EU out tonight???

+ check_waas on September 13th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

A little bit expensive… Unless it comes with 20 levels.

Love LBP and LBP2, got several DLCs and costumes, but the problem with the online scoreboard is a shame. Months to fix this glintch and nothing… Only one response that they are in QA process of the fix.

As it is now, no one can get a platinum trophie in the game. And the support needs to be more responsive with us.

It seems that make money with new DLCs is more important than fix the online game.

+ aro52 on September 13th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Can you play through all of the “Rise of the Cakeling” levels solo? Or do they require co-op, like “Prehistoric Moves” did?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 13th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Yup, you can play these levels solo (but its more fun in co-op, as always).

+ ToFeY on September 13th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

@check_waas

CHEAPO!!!
the price is great actually

+ MarcusRaven on September 13th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

@9 You do realize that it could be two completely different departments within MM, right? This DLC could have been in the works since before they started working on the scoreboard thing (most likely), and it could be two completely different teams on each subject. MM is big enough to do that. Just give them time to work it out instead of blaming them for your dissatisfaction. Also, once a DLC packet is complete, it becomes mostly out of the creators hands, so if anybody is to blame for making MM look greedy, its Sony’s PSN Store Update Dept. I understand that MM is pretty much an internal part of Sony, but its also mutually exclusive as well.

+ TheUndertaker85 on September 13th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

@ItsNymo: This really is the biggest patch to date by far. All other patches and updates to the game have ran at the largest a little below 100 MB. This patch was 568 MB. This pack and the patch affiliated with it is a HUGE change to the game.

@zombie9: That Gamestop deal also extends into the stores. Apparently the 50% gets taken off at the time of purchase. This is a FANTASTIC deal for anybody that doesn’t have a Move or Nav yet or just for those people looking to pick up another.

@check_waas: * A brand new story for LittleBigPlanet 2 – The Rise of the Cakeling with 14 new levels (5 levels, 7 mini games and 2 cutscenes)
* A new powerup for Sackboy: The Brane Crane
* 3 huge new powerful gadgets for use with PlayStation®Move: The Movinator, The Move Recorder, The Paint Tool
* 4 Interactive Music Tracks
* 8 Music Sequencer Tracks
* A new Sound Object containing 32 new sounds
* 17 new Music Sequencer Instruments
* A new level background
* 6 New Costumes
* 18 Materials
* 41 Decorations
* 13 Objects
* 66 Stickers
* 39 new LittleBigPlanet Pins
* 11 brand new PlayStation® Trophies

+ Kirkpad on September 13th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

Don’t worry guys, when LittleBigPlanet 3 comes out, all this content will be free and included! Just like how water was free and included in LBP2!

/fake enthusiasm

+ RE_Player on September 13th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

1. Just got LittleBigPlanet 2 and love it.
2. I would buy this in a heart beat but unfortunately I used the rest of my PSN funds for some LBP costumes.
3. I can’t wait to hear about more LBP Vita details, currently my most anticipated game for the platform.

+ dilbig5 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

I sttill haven’t tried LittleBigPlanet 2.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 13th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

WWWWHHHAAAATTT?!?!?!? That’s crazy talk!

+ hackerbert on September 13th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

Sale’s not available in Canada :(

+ check_waas on September 13th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

@ToFeY: Just love my money. :)

@MarcusRaven: I’m just pointing the facts. I don’t think that MM are greed, LBP was my first game that the all DLCs from a early game works perfectly on the sequel. But you have to agree with me that fix one bug is much less effort that do this huge DLC, and it is broken for months. Anyway great game, not hating MM, just dissapointed with the lack of response.

@TheUndertaker85: Ok, just got my money. :)

+ Flail on September 13th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

fix the scoreboards first! then you can rip off people with your expensive DLC

+ SoleAddict23 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Dang guys you disappointed me, it’s way too overpriced. Why is all DLC on LBP way overpriced? A lot of the DLC should be free as well. Oh well, I’ll just wait until the Game of the Year Edition comes out to get LBP2 with the Move Pack included and if there are any other DLC I want than that too.

OMG! 50% OFF MOVE, NAVIGATION, THE FIGHT AND SHARPSHOOTER (although still overpriced) ON GAMESTOP!?!?!?!? Move and Navigation should have been priced like that to begin with! =) Now, I’m definetly going to get Move, navigation and The FIght! =) Does this mean there’s going to be a new and improve Move and Navigation controllers? Hopefully! and there should be! I will sell these I pick up from Gamestop when the new ones come out!

+ dilbig5 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

@Mark Valledor

I might now since it’s down to a cheaper price and I just recently got a PS Move.

+ dilbig5 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

@SoleAddict23

If you do get the Move and nav controller just to play The Fight, I suggest you get 2 Move controllers since you need 2 to actually play it. Just a heads up. I tried playing the demo and I couldn’t since I needed a second Move controller.

+ kLuMb-Z on September 13th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Uncharted DLC please

+ stone-heach on September 13th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

pls answer does it also come in EU out tonight?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 13th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

Don’t worry. The scoreboard fix is in the works (I just checked). You’ll hear more soon.

+ JimmyHACK on September 13th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

Update the store so I can buy ($9.99 is a great deal) this instantly! Also, I would love that now the price is $40, please offer it as a digital download on PSN, I will gladly rebuy it just for the a digital version.

+ Tyfighter80 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

Do i need this pack to play user created Move levels? Or just to create them?

You guys are the best, this is going to open things up on a whole new level. Within 2 months LBP2 will be the best reason to have the move, since there aren’t many unique experiences for it yet.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 14th, 2011 at 4:14 am said:

You’ll be able to play all the new MOVE levels for free (thanks to last weeks update (1.06). But don’t you want to play “Rise of the Cakeling”

+ SoleAddict23 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

I had typed a far more detailed post but it got erased =( so I’m going to type a smaller post:

BTW, on the new and improved Move and navigation, have the PS face buttons placement like on the Dualshock, a diamond instead of the current square, because the way it is currently is horrible. Have it so we can play racing games comfortably and nicely with the Move holding it horizontally! Move currently can’t do this! That’s a whole genre Move can’t play. And that we can accelerate, brake, turbo, etc with buttons, not like how Kinect works with Forza 4 that the game accelerates and brakes by itself and you just steer. Even the Wii can do this so come on. Have the PS face buttons pressure sensitive like the Dualshock. Add Move’s motion tech to the navigation controller!!! so we can play games the dumbly require two Move’s and be able to move around!!! Even Wii can do this!!! Lastly, four player Move and navigation offline multiplayer!!! so we can play four player splitscreen FPS’! and remember, motion controls are also family and casual friendly which means the whole family plays which means four players!!! Even the Wii can do this!!!

+ SoleAddict23 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

@Mark

You should try and have Sony do four player Move and navigation so we can play LBP2 with four players, I mean that’s one of the main features of LBP and how it’s funner and meant to be played!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 14th, 2011 at 4:18 am said:

You kinda still can play 4 player co-op. The PS3 recognizes 7 wireless controls at one time, so you can do 3 “Move” configurations (Move controller + Nav controller) and one additional DualShock 3 controller. Unfortunately we were limited to 7 controllers. Fun none the less.

+ burningwind on September 13th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

Kinda last minute on the price info guys. Looks awesome but give us more time to prepare our wallets please.

+ SoleAddict23 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

@22

Yeah, that’s stupid, it should bei played using the Move and navigation. But I’ll buy two and when the new and improved Move and navigation (with motion) controllers come out I’ll just sell them or if Sony is dumb and doesn’t do that I’ll still just sell them for the same price I got them or more because I’m not going to get Move until all the things I mentioned earlier are fixed, I’m just going to get them now because they’re $40 for both Move and navigation.

+ TJLEW on September 13th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Hey, when will we get some more crown and bug blaster codes?

+ RMAN799 on September 13th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

yo update the store all ready so i can buy it and give you my money

+ FredPunella on September 13th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

This is tempting. So overwhelmed with other PS3 games though.

+ gamer_316 on September 13th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

thinkin bout gettin LBP2 now that the price dropped to $40. Got the playinum from LBP1 & prolly gonna shoot for the LBP2 platinum too =)

+ pitythefool852 on September 13th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

Will there be a LBP2 Move Pack console bundle or Move controller bundle?

I think that LBP2 with the Move Pack included would be the best Move bundle to date, as all those user-made levels will give new Move users so much content to play with.

+ StormyPilot on September 13th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

They REALLY should release the content that doesn’t require PS Move (the costumes, music, etc…) at a later point, so the people who don’t want to shell out on Move for a one time use can access this huge amount of items.

+ feelmuhpino on September 13th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Can us non-Move owners benefit from this DLC as well? In other words can we still play through these levels if we don’t have the Move? Even w/ 50% off Move and accessories from Gamestop, I’m still not compelled enough to make the purchase…not to mention my $1800 tuition I just paid for out of pocket.

+ gagjm on September 13th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

WARNING!!!! WARNING!!!! MAXIMUM AWESOMENESS HAS BEEN REACHED CODE RED CODE RED!!!!!! (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM)

+ Demonic_Clown on September 13th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Fix the insane lag that the new patch made worse and it’ll be a whole lot easier to play these awesome levels.

+ fester420 on September 13th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

You took too long with the move pack and I had to trade my copy in because I was tired of waiting. When will LBP2 hit the PSN Store?

+ Detective-E on September 13th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Will LBP2 be having any packs?

If I were to buy it now, would it include move updates and etc.?

I’d rather wait for one of those.

+ burningwind on September 13th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

@41 You could have kept the game. You don’t have to trade in a game because it takes a while with an update. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for a game that is already fun. That is just plain foolish to think. But with a name that has 420 in it that is to be expected.

+ Tyfighter80 on September 13th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

I really agree with wanting LBP2 on the store. When we got LBP1 through the welcome back thing, i started launching it all the time just because i saw it there in my list, and i already had LBP2!

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know if i can play user made Move levels without this pack? Or is this mostly for creation?

I will buy it either way asap but it will probably be a few weeks at least, i’ve got too many games preordered.

+ RenderMonk on September 13th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

Final Fantasy fans, I need your support…..Cast your Vote for MOOGLE and CHOCOBO at Gamepost. Their having the All-Time Greatest Game Sidekick comp. and we need to support Moogle and Chocobo. Spread the word guys!

+ cwsluke on September 13th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

To much must have DLC (this, inFAMOUS 2 and Dead Nation) not enough $$$ after I’m through buying new releases. Don’t get me wrong though, this is a awesome price!

+ Imputed7-14 on September 13th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Steps in front of large crowd at city hall and hold megaphone to his mouth. “Ladies and gentlemen, we always suspected this day would come. Though we may have tried as hard as we could to avoid it, we now all have reason to drop $149 into the Resistance Doomsday pack. Resistance 3 appears to be very good, despite the tripe Game Informer is trying to spread. However, the Move has invaded our dear Little Big Planet community and we must embrace it. We must own it. We must show the world what real motion gaming looks like!”

Assistant whispers into ear.

“What!? What do you mean we can’t afford to buy the Move stuff right now? Didn’t you hear? The Move pack comes out today!…Well shozbot! You all go have fun. I’ll catch up later.”

PS Uncharted DLC, please.

+ NorthernLitez on September 13th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

I was hoping for a $5 update, but any LBP update is an awesome update….Off to the store I go! Thx MM.

+ MarcusRaven on September 13th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

…this is when I wish PSN would update earlier in the day. Nintendo updates at 12am Eastern on their days (Monday for Wii, Thursday for 3DS). I can feed my kids lunch, then check the various updates. With PSN I gotta wait until their bedtime practically! With a huge update like this one, I wish they’d consider changing the update time.

+ D-Squad3 on September 13th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Is there a discount for Plus Members? I’ve still got to get a Move! And God of War Origins and White Knight Chronicles II just came out!

PAGE 1 2