PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation is Looking for a Few Good Gamers

Scott Steinberg's Avatar + Posted by Scott Steinberg on Sep 14, 2011 // VP of Product Marketing

LLP_lead_featured

Hello PlayStation Nation,

We work day-in and day-out here at PlayStation to ensure that you never run out of reasons to be a proud PlayStation fan. It’s our way of saying “Thank you” to the millions of you around the world who demonstrate your passion and dedication to PlayStation on a daily basis. However, sometimes a simple thank you just isn’t enough to truly show our gratitude and that’s why we’re ready to take things one step further.

I’m joining you today to announce that we’re looking for a few good gamers to help us with a special assignment related to our new Long Live Play campaign (yes, we are intentionally being Chimera-like stealthy to pique your curiosity). I’m talking die-hard members of our PlayStation Nation from all over who are ready and willing to proudly wave the PlayStation flag for all to see. If you think you’re the ultimate PlayStation gamer, then we want to hear from you!

Send me an email at playstationgamer@playstation.sony.com by 10:00AM PT on Tuesday, 9/20/11 with the following:

• 30 words or less (yes we’ll be counting), telling us why you are the ultimate PlayStation gamer.
• Then attach a high-quality picture of you holding your PS3 controller in the environment you love to game in. It could be on your couch, in your man-cave or your desk chair in your dorm room —wherever you spend your time taking down enemy forces, racing dream cars, knocking out home runs and uncovering long-lost treasure.

I know PlayStation has the best fans out there and I can’t wait to see what you come up with! We’ll report back here shortly with more details….

Thanks,
Scott

+ Solidus_91 on September 14th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

Just sent mine :).. I think this will be some sort of colleague with a bunch of our pictures around a Long Live Play logo in the middle.

+ Ninja8827 on September 14th, 2011 at 9:24 pm said:

im entering this tomorrow for sure my profile even says im the ultimate gamer :)

+ Ninja8827 on September 14th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

just summited my entry, LONG LIVE PLAY!

+ SafetyRey on September 14th, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

whoa! definitely trying this! i heart Playstation.

+ FredNation on September 14th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

You’ll be getting an e-mail from me! ;P

+ Philaroni on September 14th, 2011 at 10:16 pm said:

This should be fun, will be very interesting to see where this goes.

Keep an eye out for mine as well.

+ Gaucho21 on September 14th, 2011 at 10:34 pm said:

I hate taking pictures of myself. . . I hope I’m not automatically disqualified for not being a PS Plus member. . . It was a hard decision, but that money goes towards ramen noodles and a frame for the Masters degree I have hanging on my wall that mocks me and my unemployed status. . . On a related note, I’m a pretty hardcore PlayStation Gamer.

+ Bond4141 on September 14th, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

Awesome, simply awesome.

+ SHINSPIKES on September 14th, 2011 at 11:58 pm said:

So far I don’t have one reason to be a proud ps fan.

+ QuantumMercury on September 15th, 2011 at 12:48 am said:

I managed to get it down to 30 words. That was tough :( I hope I get a follow up email so I can really let out my emotions on how I feel on gaming. I submitted my entry and can’t wait to see how this develops. Good luck to all!

+ Montrarious on September 15th, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

can I send it through Aol?

+ Montrarious on September 15th, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

or gmail?

+ nawawy90210 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:06 am said:

I’m sending my entry anyway despite not living in the USA

+ Montrarious on September 15th, 2011 at 2:15 am said:

Everyone should be proud to be a psn fan, and some of us got to even try the playstation rewards beta, that was an honor. I love my actual reward for trying it out, just shows that Sony does cares about us

+ Rammstone on September 15th, 2011 at 2:32 am said:

Sent. This is gonna be good

+ jimboiscool1 on September 15th, 2011 at 3:41 am said:

I’m not taking a picture of my self. I couldn’t explain why I love PlayStation in 30 words anyway. I hope the winner deserves it too. I might be the only PS3 gamer in my town,but it doesn’t matter. It feels awesome naming 20+ exclusives and hearing the bots thinking of one of theirs lol. my bud tries to say his systems better but he only plays call of duty. Him and his cousin were saving for their one exclusive (you ppl know it) but im just deciding which PlayStation game to buy next. Only multplats i have for PS3 are cod and assassins creed but i only have cod cause that’s all my bud plays. If a games an exclusive he says he hates it but he thought resistance was multiplat and liked it. He trys to make up dumb reasons for PS3 being bad like”the controllers too loud”
really, how pathetic.
Id say more but i gtg cya Ps blog.

+ leo9891 on September 15th, 2011 at 3:46 am said:

Anyone notice that these words have a link in them?

“wherever you spend your time taking down enemy forces, racing dream cars, knocking out home runs and uncovering long-lost treasure.”

I think it might be a hint as to how to win this “contest” of some sort.

I know Uncharted3 isn’t out yet, but I guess you could use the beta if you DL’d it. Or maybe they might be releasing a U3 Demo for the next PS Store Update so you could use it for the picture they want of you owning in one of their EXCLUSIVE titles!

Or maybe they just want you playing ANY of their Exclusive shown in the picture such as God of War!

Anyways, might be something to look into, especially if you are going the be the “Ultimate” Sony Fan! What better way to show your a fan than by playing ANY of their Exclusove titles!

+ trinigamer101 on September 15th, 2011 at 4:05 am said:

Sony have think about “The tester international”?!

+ xRedxViolence on September 15th, 2011 at 4:56 am said:

A Frank Woods avatar would be nice.

+ Kedaro on September 15th, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

This sounds interesting…

+ Dinoman00 on September 15th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Are you resurrecting the GAP? I hope so, I miss being part of that program and look forward to having the opportunity to help Sony Playstation in the future!

+ BananaFish on September 15th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Sounds like fun!

+ undeadwolfy on September 15th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Sent mine. Boy, 30 words isn’t much. Im used to writing 4000 word essays a week and articles for my site. But like somebody else wrote, I hope I get a follow back email so i can truly express my love for gaming and PlayStation as 30 words is only an iota of what I think of the PlayStation brand.

Very curious to see what this is all about. Hmmmm

+ SmokeAdellic on September 15th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Wish I could have said more than 30 words because I have a story to tell thats really deep about how I became the ultimate playstation gamer.

+ Budapesti on September 15th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Sadly, I’m far too ugly to be used in a marketing campaign. :(

+ V-JOSE-L on September 15th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

=]
that’s why i love psn :D
i will never betrayed psn for another game system =]

+ Jin_Kusanagi on September 15th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Hmm…it got my attention…
I’m with Sony since PSX (Yeah PSX, before they call it PSOne)…
However I’m not from America so I wonder if I could…

+ chriz704 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

I wonder what is it for, If its for a T.v spot I am camera shy or if its for the internet I still don’t want a picture of me shown :( More detail would be good, I will am currently doing mines and will submit soon.

Chris

+ madribar on September 15th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Hi Scott! Apply only to US Residents?

+ cloud_jonin_1 on September 15th, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

Hey, sounds awesome! I was practically born with a playstation controller in my hand. LONG LIVE PLAY!!!!

+ Linconan on September 15th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

I’ll get into this.
I’m Australian, so i don’t know whether i can enter this…but, who cares, i love Playstation. haha.

And, i’m gunna send you two Pictures because of the different formats.
1 2D picture and…

1 3D picture. heheh

*runs and hugs Ps3*

+ jimboiscool1 on September 15th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

ya know what i hate? When xbox fanboys say name one reason PS3 is better. Seriously how can we pick just one :P
same with naming exclusive games!! (id pick uncharted but i love them all)
PlayStation For The win!! Xbox back off!!

+ shades909 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:38 pm said:

I have been playing thousands of games since i’m 5 years old i’m 25 now,
Probably 1/3 of my life was used playing games
Doesn’t that make me the ultimate gamer ?
I want to participate but unfortunatly i don’t have any recent pic of me and i hate taking picture so it won’t happen anytime soon.

+ jormungand_blood on September 16th, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

Is this entry “personal”?
Me and my girlfried want to submit our entries but we are wondering if we need to submit them separately or both together in one entry.
please answer :)!

+ DrPhiill on September 16th, 2011 at 4:55 am said:

i hope there is some room for atleast one swed in there :D

+ Asuka424 on September 16th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Step aside boys…let a lady show you what an ultimate PlayStation gamer looks like. ;)

As an aside, good luck to all of the applicants – my curiosity is piqued as to what everyone has fit into the word restriction.

+ WelmoscaBR on September 16th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

I’m so sad that I dont live in USA….because for sure I’m a huge Playstation gamer….I love PS like I love me and I need PS like I need breath.

+ FrozoneUSMC on September 16th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

+ Cdawg_Live on September 16th, 2011 at 9:34 pm said:

entered the other day! :)

+ newsense2008 on September 17th, 2011 at 3:31 am said:

I entered but it was hard to do in thirty words. The other requirement was a high quality photo. The only camera I have is my Bloggie which I hope is high enough quality, not sure of the specifics on quality requirements.

+ Shrewder on September 17th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

The rumor is that the top prize will be a PA position for Shane ‘MANGOD’ Bettenhausen. ;-)

+ Marlin2993 on September 17th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

really gonna try this..

+ Blade133 on September 17th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

I changed my middle name to Ratchet. Don’t even bother entering guys.

+ h2per on September 17th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

‘What is this time 10:00AM PT in my country? Colombia

+ Coneman58 on September 17th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

I just finished the 30 word Ultimate gamer email, and man it was tough. I just couldn’t believe 30 words would be enough, but I guess I did as well as I could. I mean squeezing the amount of gaming I’ve done since the PSX, or PS1 until the present was close to or nearly impossible. I wonder what Sony is planning to do or give to the Ultimate gamers? All I know is it’s going to be awesome!! Rock On Sony Playstation!!!!

+ acdramon on September 18th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

Aww man I loved you guys so much I did more than 30 (time to resend)

+ GEEWUN-96 on September 18th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

It was pretty difficult to sum up my entire playstation experience into 30 words, but I did the best I could. All the way from playing Crash Bandicoot on the PSX/PS1, to Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2, to playing Uncharted on the PS3. Can’t wait for the vita. All I know is that this is going to rock!

+ Kasaix on September 18th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Should the picture be in the email body, or as an attached file?

+ stone25 on September 18th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Added mine, complete with my Little Big Planet statues i won from Playstation Rewards. One statue is holding the sharp shooter, one statue is wearing Cole’s bag…and took it while playing Uncharted 2 online. Hope I win, but if I dont, i still have these sweet statues and all these awesome exclusives to play.

+ jastor_peff905 on September 18th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

Is there a prize or anything