PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation is Looking for a Few Good Gamers

Scott Steinberg's Avatar + Posted by Scott Steinberg on Sep 14, 2011 // VP of Product Marketing

LLP_lead_featured

Hello PlayStation Nation,

We work day-in and day-out here at PlayStation to ensure that you never run out of reasons to be a proud PlayStation fan. It’s our way of saying “Thank you” to the millions of you around the world who demonstrate your passion and dedication to PlayStation on a daily basis. However, sometimes a simple thank you just isn’t enough to truly show our gratitude and that’s why we’re ready to take things one step further.

I’m joining you today to announce that we’re looking for a few good gamers to help us with a special assignment related to our new Long Live Play campaign (yes, we are intentionally being Chimera-like stealthy to pique your curiosity). I’m talking die-hard members of our PlayStation Nation from all over who are ready and willing to proudly wave the PlayStation flag for all to see. If you think you’re the ultimate PlayStation gamer, then we want to hear from you!

Send me an email at playstationgamer@playstation.sony.com by 10:00AM PT on Tuesday, 9/20/11 with the following:

• 30 words or less (yes we’ll be counting), telling us why you are the ultimate PlayStation gamer.
• Then attach a high-quality picture of you holding your PS3 controller in the environment you love to game in. It could be on your couch, in your man-cave or your desk chair in your dorm room —wherever you spend your time taking down enemy forces, racing dream cars, knocking out home runs and uncovering long-lost treasure.

I know PlayStation has the best fans out there and I can’t wait to see what you come up with! We’ll report back here shortly with more details….

Thanks,
Scott

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Gigman47 on September 18th, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

I’ve hardcore since PS1…I’m entered!! Just hope the pic is high quality enuff.

+ Hk_Obayda on September 19th, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

Entered! I’m excited !

+ Sahil6758 on September 19th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

SENT MINE.

+ Sidizenkain on September 19th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

Entered! Long Live Play. :D

+ Pendharker on September 19th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

I don’t know what the super secret assignment is, but I’m READY TO BE A PART OF IT!! Here’s hopin’!

+ Viewtiful_Josh on September 19th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

30 words are not enough to write my ultimateness, but I believe the picture will fill in the rest. :D

+ Wedge19 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:51 pm said:

Just entered! Can’t wait to find out what this is about!!

+ ishralene09 on September 20th, 2011 at 6:43 am said:

Whew, just in time!
Sent my entry. Kind of lame I guess. But yeah LONG LIVE PLAY!

+ GEEWUN-96 on September 20th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

It’s the final countdown!!!!

+ QckslvrGrl1 on September 20th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Hopefully my pic is good enough. Kinda waited to last minute. Good luck to everyone!

+ cronqvist on September 20th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

Damn it! I was out of town the past week and totally forgot about this. Can you extend the deadline till tomorrow? :(

+ Ethereal on September 20th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Sent my email =) Hope I get chosen wooo!

+ Crueltea on September 20th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

I also have just submitted my entry. I wish everybody the best of luck.

+ DarkOne_PR on September 20th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

I just send mine! I couldnt put why im the ultimate gamer in full but i hope the picture get the attention of the ones in charge of this :)

+ Lazaruz4 on September 20th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Missed it! =’/

+ Huanchu on September 20th, 2011 at 11:39 pm said:

Entered at 1am this morning.

Hopefully they allow entries from China!

+ Pendharker on September 21st, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

I can’t wait to find out more! I sent in my entry prior to the deadline and now I’m just waiting to hear one way or the other. Playstation, YOU ROCK SO MUCH FACE!

+ nafscub on September 22nd, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

bummer…was under the weather and forgot about this :-(

+ makyengo on September 22nd, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

I love Sony and the Playstation brand! You all are the best!

+ ballagh on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

KB is a mere god amongst us mortals. Long live KB!!!!

+ newsense2008 on September 22nd, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Not sure what this is about but I would be Honored to be part of anything Playstation or Sony is doing. Didn’t make it on TheTester3 or the Uncharted Spike show but still got hope for this!

+ Huanchu on September 22nd, 2011 at 8:38 pm said:

Wohoo! Just got an email from Sony. They want to use my photo in their ad campaign!

“Congratulations! Sony PlayStation would love to use your photograph in our upcoming PS3 commercial. If you would like the photograph submitted by you to the Sony PlayStation blog to appear in the commercial, please sign the attached release and return it by fax or a scanned copy via email as soon as possible! My fax number is below. The deadline is Tuesday September 27th by 2pm PST. If you are 21 or under, your parents must consent.”

LONG LIVE PLAY!!! :D

+ newsense2008 on September 22nd, 2011 at 10:32 pm said:

@Huanchu Congrats, I hope I get picked too, that would be too cool. I used my Bloggie to take my photo, hope the quality was high enough but i’d assume it would have to be a very very high quality photo for use in a commercial.

+ Blade133 on September 23rd, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

@Huanchu

Congrats! I got an email on Wednesday asking what country I am from, but haven’t heard anything back yet. Hopefully I get an email today saying whether they’d like to use my picture or not.

+ Hk_Obayda on September 23rd, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

@Huanchu I just got the same e-mail from sabrina this afternoon! I sent my consent via fax.. I wonder if I will hear more or if thats it?

+ Fredendil on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

@Huanchu @Hk_Obayda, congrats! I also got that same email, now i’m really pumped! I have to admit, the paranoid in me wasn’t sure about signing a release form and all at first, but my friends are all “dude, don’t be an idiot, sign that thing!” so, to hell with my paranoia, I’m sending my consent via email tomorrow, w00t!

+ Hk_Obayda on September 23rd, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

@Fredendil yea dude i wonder how many people got that e -mail? I wonder if there is going to be a follow up or did they just make us sign a consent form and thats it.. well i guess we’ll see!!

+ Fredendil on September 23rd, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

@Hk_Obayda, well, here’s me hoping there’s a follow up. Whatever campaign they’re using those for, it’d be nice to see the outcome.

+ bbFBplaya on September 24th, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

I got an email from kevin butler asking what country I live in. What does this mean? did I win or did they send that to everyone?

+ ishralene09 on September 25th, 2011 at 12:27 am said:

@Huanchu

Congrats! Got mine too!

+ acdramon on September 25th, 2011 at 8:19 pm said:

Aww man, I guess they already got the winners guessing by people getting e-mails. Oh well still doesn’t crush my love for the PS brand or Sony. I didn’t like my entry anyway.

+ ixnine on September 27th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

AAGGHH!!! I sent my email on the 17th thinking I attached my photo, that took me forever to get just right, and just out of instinct I just checked my sent box to find out I didn’t include my photo!

+ newsense2008 on September 28th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

@ixnine I did the same thing but lucky my instinct kicked in a minute after I sent mine so I quickly resent it with the attachment. Sorry to hear you weren’t as lucky, there’s always another contest around the corner though.

+ ixnine on September 29th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

@newsense2008 thanks. Hopefuly all will work out next time.

+ Linconan on September 30th, 2011 at 5:02 am said:

I feel dirty :(
I read this when it came up, and i thought i’d send mine through at the last minute thinking it’ll have a better chance,lol, (Sony) “oh new email”. And, i swear when i read the article it said get in in by the 30th :(

I’m shattered.

But regardless, i sent mine in anyway,lol

A true fan isn’t governed by Timeframe or Requirements :p
Hey SONY. “You have mail”,lol

Keep up the great work, and i’ll keep up the support!
xoxo

Linconan

+ spiderboy59 on October 11th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

i saw the ad on youtube… WOW!!!! that was awesome it looked like a trailer to a movie, start of a great “PSN Smash Bros.” video game, and the coolest way to start you guys’ new campaign. thumbs up sony/playstation this was the best ad ever aside from all the InFamous 2 trailers… but you get the point
#to micheal