Uncharted 4

PlayStation Move’s Fall Lineup Brings inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, inFAMOUS 2

Scott Steinberg's Avatar + Posted by Scott Steinberg on Sep 15, 2011 // VP of Product Marketing

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood

This fall, PlayStation Move is set to deliver a new batch of compelling experiences that get you on your feet and put you directly in the game. As we mentioned to you previously, the number of PlayStation Move games released or in development have surpassed 80 titles and continues to grow. When coupled with 3D, PlayStation Move continues to set new benchmarks in immersive gameplay experiences.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Rise of the Cakeling

Already you’ve seen AAA titles such as Resistance 3 incorporate PlayStation Move compatibility and you can expect more to come soon, including downloadable expansion packs for LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFAMOUS 2. Today, LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling kicks things off with five giant story levels and seven side levels, making it LittleBigPlanet’s biggest Downloadable Content Pack to date. In October, we’ll really get things moving with the launch of Everybody Dance, the high-energy game that lets you and your friends dance to 40 chart-topping party hits. Also launching on the 25th is the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood game, the single-player game that lets you experience first-hand what it’s like to wield electricity with the precise motion control of PlayStation Move. On November 15, titles such as Carnival Island, which lets you experience the joy of classic family-friendly fun with 35 carnival attractions; EyePet & Friends, the continuation of the innovative EyePet franchise which enables kids and their families to experience the magic of a virtual Pet in the real world; and Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest, which combines sword fighting, archery and throwing stars in a playful action-adventure, are sure to engage families in interactive gameplay.

Medieval Moves: Deadmund's QuestMedieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest

Carnival Island

Our goal here at PlayStation is to challenge gamers and create games that push the limits. Since launch, PlayStation Move continues to offer an innovative gaming experience by using realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. We’re very excited at the number of titles we continue to add to the Move arsenal and we’re looking forward to bringing you even more compelling gameplay experiences into 2012. Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Mox007 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood looks cool and will be even better with move.

+ Zezzler on September 15th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

Infamous 2 FoB sounds interesting with Move! I hope to hear more on that soon.

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 15th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Stay tuned for more info!

+ WheelchairMan1 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

cool

+ scorpio182 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Very nice… Still a bit lacking for kid games for the ps move after a year…

Also you can mention Just Dance 2 For Kids.

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

Be sure to check out Carnival Island, EyePet & Friends, Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest and the LittleBigPlanel 2: Move Pack! All are perfect Move titles for the family.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 15th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Sweet!!! 8)

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

how about telling me when can i actually use my playstation move on Motorstorm Apocalypse ?

+ crusher915 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

are there gestures in infamous or do you just press a button and throw bolts??? im hoping that it is not an aim system (unless if it works) and that beating guys with the amp is is not like beating guys in PlayStation Move Heroes (I tried the demo it is not great)

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

More details to come.

+ polo155 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

I absolutely love the move AND navigator, gamestop has a50% off deal on them, but if u buy any games get them brand new. Support the Dev’s! It’s only basically $4 more and you’ll benefit!

I want start the party on my hdd! :(. The Move is addicting and I want some of these games!

+ JLP_M on September 15th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Aw, I heard Start the Party 2 was due at the end of this year :(

Please give us Start the Party 2! You don’t know how much I’ve played that game with family and partys and how much fun we had!

+ Korbei83 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Still no sign of Sorcery, huh?

+ plaztiksyke on September 15th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

EyePet & Friends is really the only thing I’m super excited about. I already picked up LittleBigPlanet 2′s Move Pack, which is great fun, but the voiceover audio quality is really awful (lispy, harsh, hard to understand). I played EyePet for a month straight, and loved every minute of it. If it incorporates more real-time physics instead of static animations (like the fur, the net, etc) then it will be a great evolution on top of the co-op play.

I like the concept of Let’s Dance, but am concerned it won’t have a decent practice mode that gives specific advice about what you’re doing wrong. It’s *extremely* frustrating in SingStar Dance, Get Fit With Mel B, and other similar games where you don’t get full points but aren’t told what to do differently. If Let’s Dance allows me to practice the song slowed-down (like Rock Band 3), and gives specific advice (aural and visual) on how to correct my posture/stance/movement, I’m sold.

+ plaztiksyke on September 15th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

I’m only interested in Carnival Games if the graphics and sound are spectacular. I really liked Start the Party, not only because it’s fun but because it looks great both from a character/environment design and pure graphical standpoint. Speaking of Start the Party, wasn’t there a sequel announced earlier? When is that coming out?

Deadmund’s Quest looks kind of interesting, like a second iteration of Sports Champions. I did like most of the gameplay of Sports Champions (and how it took advantage of two Move controllers), but it looked like an upscaled PS2 game (super close-ups of chunky textures, visual tile boundaries, etc) and the actors’ motion-capture moves and voices were extremely repetitive. If the Deadmund’s Quest screenshots above are in-game (and those weird aliasing artifacts on the shadows are fixed), it’s a day one purchase for me.

+ fsavoie on September 15th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Is sorcery still in production?

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

yes where is Sorcery ?

+ AJLareneg on September 15th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

so excited for Festival of Blood.

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on September 15th, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

Glad you are excited! Stay tuned for more info on Festival of Blood.

+ toology01 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

@ #10

Yea i don’t think I’ve heard a single thing about sorcery since we saw the demo well over a year ago. Not a peep. I doubt its still even in production. A shame cause for hardcore gamers it was one of the only move only titles anyone was even interested in.

+ adolson on September 15th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

I forgot I own Move controllers.

+ Wraith_Bringer on September 15th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Too little too late.

Don’r you think the horse has bolted? I mean I asked for Move and 3D before release, hell I sent an e-mail to SuckerPunch begging them to add it. To which they said, “We apologise but there are no plans to add PlayStation Move or 3D support to InFAMOUS 2. Hope you enjoy the game.” Well I bought the game, I did enjoy it and this patch won’t make me stop Resistance 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island, Skyrim and Uncharted 3 when they come out or Resident Evil to go back and play it with Move lads.

And where the hell is Sorcery? or did you cancel that too along with Getaway 3, Eight Days and other countless great looking titles? Because Desmonds Quest looks utter [DELETED]. Sorcery looked awesome.

+ DrPhiill on September 15th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Yea, where s Sorcery! :P i was so exited for that game first time i saw it, my move controller needs that game! :P

+ iriihutoR48 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Child of Eden and House of the Dead will be my next purchases for the Move. Currently playing No More Heroes’ Paradise and it’s solid apart from some technical issues. The Move has definitely gone past the point of being worth owning and I really love it!

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Be sure to check out other 3rd party Move titles, such GoldenEye, NBA 2K12, EA Family Night, and others.

+ SpyDudeFX on September 15th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

Where’s Sorcery?

+ GamerMoney on September 15th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

surprised how well the sharp shooter works with R3, next up is house of the dead for me…then everybody dance

+ thuggy316 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Where’s Start the Party: Save the world?

+ JLP_M on September 15th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Sorcery was rumoured about two months ago I think to be cancelled. But I hope it hasn’t been canceled, hopefully we do see it this spring I would think.

+ scorpio182 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

sharp shooter…hmmm

+ MitchSwordsman on September 15th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

There are also Child of eden and The House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut with move support…

+ crusher915 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

Sorcery is still in development so stop asking about it

+ Detective-E on September 15th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Woaahhh

I heard InFamous 2 was supposed to have move support, I was disappointed when it didn’t.

So, Festival of Blood will have it? I hope we get more details on this.

And is InFamous 2 getting the same treatment?

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and inFAMOUS 2 are BOTH getting Move support! Stay tuned for more details soon :)

+ pitythefool852 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

I think Move needs ports of all the old light gun games, starting with Point Blank :)

Also, when will we be able to draw ModNation Racers tracks with Move?

Besides that, it’s all good.

+ Gravitycat10989 on September 15th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

man i love infamous 2 and playing it on move would be intresting

+ SpyDudeFX on September 15th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

No official news about Sorcery since E3 2010 when they announced it was coming Spring 2011. So I think it’s completely fine to ask about it. Looks awesome.

+ pitythefool852 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

@PS Blog team

Is the +1 button working properly?

I can click +1, but the “share to Google+” option doesn’t actually bring up a link to this page… at least on my G+ stream

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

Thanks for this! We’ll check it out.

+ ATOMS11 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Move… Infamous… peanut-butter and jelly.

+ GT-420 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

If you don’t have move hardware or games and want it, make sure you check out Gamestop’s 50% off move sale that’s currently going on.

That said, I still don’t see an upcoming Move title that has be excited, although I am intrigued by Deadmund’s Quest. and House of the Dead.

I would’ve gotten excited if I saw something like Sorcery in the lineup, yup, sorry, just had to pile on and mention that again.

+ SuddenDepact on September 15th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

i wonder how much inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood will cost

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood will be available for $14.99 on PlayStation Network on October 25, 2011.

+ UnbelievablyRAW on September 15th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

Scott if you respond to this, I’ll squeal like a girl

+ AguilarX on September 15th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

great news! will pick up those except for eyepet and carnival games. hoping a real aaa move game is on production.

+ dilbig5 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

I don’t know about anyone else but as soon as I saw Medieval Moves Deadmund’s Quest being shown at E3, it turned into a must have PS Move title.

+ Airleak on September 15th, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

Are you able to offer up any update on Sorcery? It was looking like a must have but absolutely nothing has been said about it in quite some time. I hope it hasn’t been canceled.

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Stay tuned for more details.

+ rockinjs864 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

Great infamous with move support I was going to get FoB anyway since it looks so cool but this is what stopped me from buying the first two was because they had no move support it was a no-brainer the two go hand and hand .Now if you go back and add it to those games I would go back and happily get them

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 15th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

INFAMOUS :FOB + MOVE = IMPRESSIVE.NOW GIVE US MORE INFO ON SORCERY!! THIS GAME WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I PURCHASED A MOVE CONTROLLER – TIME CRISIS IS THE SECOND..AND IM VERY SATISFIED BTW. THANKS SONY FOR KEEPING YOUR PROMISE WITH THESE FANTASTIC EXCLUSIVE GAMES..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

+ StooBush on September 15th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

I’ve still got no interest in using a Move controller. Can’t beat a classic SIXAXIS controller. I don’t even like DualShock.

+ BJtheLegend on September 15th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

when is The Sorcery going to be shown again? looked really promising!!!

+ GMFCO311 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Just like everyone else asking, WHEN is Sorcery coming out? That is the MAIN reason I bought the Move!!

+ Hokage_45678 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood is it a seperate game or I need inFamous 2 for it?

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Nope – it’s a standalone title, you don’t need inFAMOUS 2 to play inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood.

+ dilbig5 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

@Hokage_45678

I was wondering the same thing

+ Nick42 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Move is a great way to have fun, for the casual and serious gamer. Have a read of our review and see why we think it is a system really worth your money.

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 15th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood is a standalone game. You do NOT need inFAMOUS 2.

+ maxvtec on September 15th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Uncharted 3 would be awesome if it had PS Move functionality.

+ mcbuttz78 on September 15th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

the sorecery was delyed till 2012 some time.. thats the rumor i heard about it. I dunno if that 100% true. but we have to see.. it should be out this yr some time.. But if its not then it was delayed

PAGE 1 2 3