LittleBigPlanet 3

Starhawk: Space Combat Trailer and Fantastic Fest Plans

Dylan Jobe's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Jobe on Sep 15, 2011 // President, LightBox Interactive

Hey everyone! Last night on G4 we premiered Starhawk’s Space Combat trailer! And if you happen to be too busy tracking the orbit of ELENIN, and didn’t get a chance to see it on X-Play, then shame on you!

But don’t worry! Don’t despair! We’ve got the full, extended version of the Starhawk Space Combat Trailer right here. Click it! Play it! Let it burn its shooter-goodness deep into your eyes!

So this video was cut together by our team in San Diego, California and was captured from gameplay on our Capture the Flag Small Orbital Platform map. The trailer gives a really great taste of what our space combat is like in Starhawk! You may have seen some of our previous gameplay vids that were recorded on one of our Acid Sea maps with its cool-looking terrain, jagged spires, and noxious acid. But what’s really awesome about the Orbital Space Platform maps is that they feel urban, with city and street combat and that’s something that we’re really happy about!

Space_CTF_Small_Aggressor_BnB_Loadout

The team and I here at LightBox Interactive really want each of our environment types to have a unique feel, but still all based on the fast-paced troop, vehicle and aircraft gameplay that our fans love. And because of each environment’s unique structure and style, our Build & Battle mechanics feel really cool and fresh in each of the environment as well. We absolutely love this and hope you all will too because it allows players to not only adapt their combat tactics per environment, but their support and building tactics as well.

Space_Illustration

Up to this point we’ve pretty much only showed Starhawk at venues where you needed a pass or some kind of credentials like E3, Comic-Con, PAX, Gamescom, or the upcoming Eurogamer Expo, or GAMEfest. Basically conferences, expos, closed-door meetings, and back alleys — that all changes now!

FF_and_Alamo_Logo

Maybe some of you have heard of the Alamo Drafthouse’s Fantastic Fest here in Austin. It’s an awesome film festival specializing in horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action… ya know, “fantastic” movies! They have an arcade portion of the festival focusing on indie games called Fantastic Arcade that is totally open to the public (and FREE) and it’s held at the awesome HighBall Lounge! So we thought, let’s setup a LAN party and give the public a chance to play Starhawk!

Highball-Logo

So if you’re in the Austin area and interested in getting your hands on Starhawk, swing by the Highball on Thursday, September 22nd starting around 5pm. We’re gonna have a LAN party of 12 PS3 stations, each decked out with a 40” SONY Bravia EX 400 HD Monitor and of course Astro headsets. We’ll be holding a Capture the Flag tournament too and there will be prizes but honestly, I’m not sure what the prizes are going to be but Sony is providing them.

SHK_FF_voucher

We’ve also got something really special planned for all our fans that show up to the HighBall for our Starhawk LAN Party — It’s a voucher code for an exclusive multiplayer skin for Starhawk!

So swing by, play Starhawk, play the other games at Fantastic Arcade, hang out and meet the LightBox Interactive team!

Space_Hawk_Avatar

Oh, and one last thing! Here’s a Starhawk avatar if you’d like to use it for Twitter, NeoGaf or some other forum.

Keep your eye’s on www.StarhawkTheGame.com and the PlayStation.Blog here for the latest updates and announcements on Starhawk — and boy, do we have some big ones right around the corner!

Rock out with your Hawk out!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Isis_au on September 15th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

Oops I just rated this 1 out of 5…… Delete, delete, undo, undo!! That was supposed to be 5 out of 5!!
Love the footage and can’t wait to see the what else you can pack into this game.

Really, sorry about the rating….. Editor fix it please.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

I will check

+ MarkakaJin on September 15th, 2011 at 6:22 am said:

That was really cool.

+ dmac80 on September 15th, 2011 at 6:30 am said:

AMAZING! This looks so polished! I love the laser beam turret and the mech stomping the enemy was great. Please give us a few more space levels if possible, after all the game is STARhawk. Pleaswe consider finding a way to keep Zones in the game, it was one of the most popular multiplayer levels.

One complaint, I can’t expand the photos included in the blog post. They are hosted on flickr and it wants me to sign in. I signed in and now it just says ‘private page’ when I click the photo. I am particularly interested in the map photo included in the blog post. Am I missing something or can this be fixed?

Keep up the great work Dylan, Harvard, and team!

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

thank you!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

Don’t worry there are more than just this space level in Starhawk!! And we all love ZONES mode here at LightBox Interactive so while we haven’t announced anything on it yet, well… lets just say we’ll keep you posted! ;-)

And to me it looks like all the images are expanding properly *except* the map screen image. I just emailed the blog team to ask if this can be changed.

+ Draven71 on September 15th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

What an awesome trailer! I got to play Starhawk at Comic Con in San Diego and loved it. I can’t wait to play this game!! Keep up the great work guys!!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Glad you got a chance to play it!!

We’re looking for more ways to give players a chance to get hands-on with Starhawk. Both here *and* over seas!

We’ll keep you guys posted.

+ WuStank81 on September 15th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

These aren’t normally my style of games, but I have been very impressed with the information and footage of the gameplay. I am about 75% sold that this will be a must own for me. Bravo.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

lets hope we can get the next 25%!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

That’s not such a bad percentage given that we aren’t done with the game yet!!!

Follow our progress, get a chance to play it if you can, and hopefully we can add you to our growing community!

+ CoreConspiracy on September 15th, 2011 at 6:37 am said:

I chuckled @ 0:41. they was just maybe talking about what there day was going to be consist of and out of no where BOOM!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

I know! Like they didn’t hear the rocket screaming down on them?

And as a bit of trivia, that pose of touching the keypad plays in-game whenever a player interacts with his Uplink.

Because remember, in Starhawk you can access the server list and all other multiplayer, party, clan and community features while you are actually *IN* game. You don’t need to exit your game to interact with that stuff!

+ T-Jani on September 15th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

Dylan can you please put “XMB status updates” in this game, as its nice to see what mode your friends are playing. If you dont know what im talking about just look at your friend list on psn and there must be someone still playing COD: black ops……………..you will then see exactly what game mode they are playing or if there just in the menu or mulitiplayer lobby. Please add this feature! I love Resistance 3 mutiplayer but on the xmb i have no idea what mode my friends are playing. ( so many sony 1st party games dont use this feature……why?)

Anyway game looks great………..day one.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

We’ve seen feature asked for by a bunch of people and you’re right, it is really convenient!

Right after reading your comment I grabbed our Lead Online Programmer, Jim Young and asked him about it (he’s a big COD fan btw) and he was saying the current build of Starhawk doesn’t support it but he’ll take some time to look into it.

You are talking about the same thing that Little Big Planet does, right?

+ pitythefool852 on September 15th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

That looks amazing…

…but are there any significant differences in the way you play in “space” and on land? From the video, it seems that gravity looks pretty much the same.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

While each map plays very differently with regard to layout, flow etc., we do our best to keep the core game the same.

So to your question about gravity…

We only change it for some of the FXs. The gravity that effects the vehicles and players is the same between the Orbital Space Platform maps and the Planetary Terrain maps. This was to ensure a level of consistency in Starhawk’s core combat.

And as you can see, with all the different weapons, vehicles *AND* buildings, variation is not a problem for us ;-)

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2011 at 7:11 am said:

man this is insane !!!!! warhawk till this very day still remains my best online experience on the system , hoping to see starhawk raising the bar !!!!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

We hope so too! And please know that the team and I here at LightBox Interactive are working really hard to make sure we exceed what you’re expecting!

+ Guardian_Bob on September 15th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

Okay, trailer is awesome but I have questions good sir.

First do the Outkasts not breathe? How do they live in space and fight? There’s a potential here for more back story.

Also where does the heat from those weapons go? Do they overheat quicker in space? (No air to pull the heat away.) Or does that get recycled into energy and run the life support? (You have to fire every so often to keep running/breathing.)

Looks wonderful, I can hardly wait.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

So two answers:

How can the Outcast breathe in outer space?
    Once Rift Energy has anchored with a human body (takes about 60 painful days) it has replaced many of an organic body’s core systems (nervous and circulatory). So it’s at that point that oxygen is no longer needed at all. In fact, there is no blood present in an Outcast body after anchoring.

Do weapons overheat quicker in space?
    NO. The overheat timings are the same because we really don’t want to mess with those core rules. Players get so accustomed to things like that as the master the game and we don’t want to alter core game rules like that.

+ EvoAnubis on September 15th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

Looks fantastic! My only concern is that the space maps seem to mostly be a cosmetic change from the regular ones. Don’t worry, I’ll still be there, blowing up anything and everything that doesn’t belong in MY skies.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

we’re continuing to playtest so we’ll see what differences there are, if any. It all comes down to fun gameplay

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Hi EvoAnubis!

One of the key maxims that we always consider here at LightBox Interactive is that the “Core Rules” of the game stay intact on every map. This is why we don’t change gravity, or overheat times, or weapon trajectories on a per map basis. Would it be different due to lower gravity — sure, in reality! But we just feel very uncomfortable changing that stuff per map.

So when it comes to maps, we are mostly looking at layout and visuals — but that can have a massive impact on a game! For example, the open rolling planes of Dust play very differently than the Orbital Space Platforms, even through the “Core Rules” of Starhawk are the same in both maps.

Hope that answers your question!!!

+ Bilsebob on September 15th, 2011 at 7:38 am said:

I sure hope Starhawk is as good if not better than Warhawk Warhawk was the reason I bought my PS3. Damn good choice. Can we pre-order Starhawk now.

Rock on Dylan

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

We are doing our best to make sure that Starhawk lives up to the expectations of our fans around the world! Hopefully you can get a chance to play it hands-on either at an event or during our beta (which we have mentioned NOTHING about yet). Once you’ve got to play it, you’ll have to let us know what you think!!!

+ Korbei83 on September 15th, 2011 at 7:40 am said:

Jet packs. Splendid ol’ boy.

When I lost my favorite Fallen Star server in Warhawk, the game was sadly never the same. Never again!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

We love the jet packs!

But we are also making sure that we fix some of the glitches and issues that some players had with them in Warhawk. And even in their unfinished state, the Starhawk jet packs already feel great!

+ Oshimai on September 15th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

Loving the space combat!! Will all space battles have some sort of landscapes? I’d be even more hyped about this game to see the inclusion of outer space environments where hawks battle it out to take down each others capital ships. Perhaps utilize the Build & Battle system to not drop, but install turrets and extra hawk hangers in capital ships?

KEEP UP THE INCREDIBLE WORK!

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

we have more space-typy stuff up our sleeves that we’ll show off down the road

+ Tone-Capone on September 15th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

This Space Station MP looks great! Cannot wait for this game! Now people could fly under the maps and they wont be glitching! haha, very cool.

Also, Dylan, i def wont be able to make it to the fantastic fest, but i was wondering if StarHawk will be showing up at the NYC Comic Con in October?

My second question is, will that Avatar be available on the PSN too?

Thanks!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Sorry you won’t be able to make it to Fantastic Fest!

And I’m not sure if SONY is showing Starhawk for the New York Comic-Con in October. I know there was talk about it but I’m not sure.

Harvard will have to answer that one for us!! ;-)

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

ugh — I didn’t answer your last question. Sorry about that!

So eventually YES!

SONY does have plans on releasing new Starhawk PSN avatars but I’m not sure of the exact dates. When they get uploaded I’m sure we’ll give you guys a update, here or on the Facebook, page as soon as they do!

+ dmac80 on September 15th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

Guys this is just my $.02, but this game is really complicated already, I think adding in gravity changes and overheating weapons, and not being able to breathe in space might be too much…..I think they are doing a smart thing by keeping the space gameplay mostly cosmetic, though flying from platform to platform and through asteroids is a big change from the planets. Again, just my humble opinion.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

we will always lean toward the fun, not the sim aspects. This is an arcade shooter

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Harvard’s right — we are always focused on fast fun rather than “reality”.

+ dmac80 on September 15th, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

Please consider making a frozen tundra snow and ice map/planet Dylan and team!!! (snow mobiles???)

+ HEAVY7666 on September 15th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Dylan
You guys have raised the bar pretty high, Raising Industry expectations once again.
As you know I am a huge fan of Warhawk and Lightbox Interactive

I do have one question about the game . . it is 12 parts

so I will just ask part of the parts on the question in question

While busting out all the sweet moves and fighting outcasts vs rifters
are we going to be able to coordinate spawn points on tops of buildings and such
kinda like it shows in the video . .but say two players are not dead ..and they want to
die to respawn with a group ..can they suicide to join the group

..and if so does it count against them to do it ?

Thanks for Being you

HEAVY

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

currently you can see where your team mates are spawning via the drop pod map…so “yes”. But we’ll continue to play and test it

+ Blkant on September 15th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

Shame these things are always hosted in states I’m not in… Nothing ever happens in Florida…

Anyways, I have a question about weapons. I know the hawks have pickups in the sky much like they did in Warhawk, but how about the people? Will we be able to explore around to get weapons, or will we have to collect and upgrade bases to get them, mixture?

Thanks! :)

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

we do have pickups – but we are continuing to playtest to see what sort of variety there will be

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 15th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS A RELEASE DATE..SO I CAN PRE ORDER AND COUNT THE DAYS DOWN..I ALSO APPRECIATE HOW THERE ARE JET PACKS AUTOMATICALLY AVAILABLE IN EVERY MAP, I AM A HUGE FAN OF JET PACKS BECAUSE THEY GIVE YOU A LIL CHANCE TO LIVE IF YOU IN A WARHAWK AND ABOUT TO GET DEMOLISHED..YOU CAN JUST EJECT FROM THE WARHARK AND JET TO ANOTHER SAFE LOCATION..:P AND THIS BRINGS UP MY QUESTION …ARE WE GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME IN STARHAWK? AND ONE MORE THING…THE RADAR..PLEASE TELL ME IT ONLY SHOWS A PLAYER IN A VEHICLE BECAUSE SEEING EVERY HUMAN ON THE RADAR IS JUST GOING TO BE A HEADACHE :/ – UNTIL THEN IM SURE THIS GAME IS NOT GOING TO DISAPPOINT ME OR ITS WARHAWK FANS – KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LIGHTBOX TEAM.

+ ViolentGene on September 15th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

That trailer is pure gaming ecstasy.

+ Sindred on September 15th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

So you guys will only be showing StarHawk on Thursday?

+ Xervai on September 15th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

JUST TAKE MY DAMN MONEY ALREADY…

Why won’t you take my money and give me access? :( Great game guys and gals!

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

you would not want access at this time. We are still working hard on the game and it’ll be done when its done. When we post Beta news the Facebook, forums and the PSN Blog will be first in line for the info

+ Falaut on September 15th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

The trailer, wow! This is getting all my attention when it comes out! Very excited.

+ Phillyblunz on September 15th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Looks sick, can I get into the beta guys, come on now.

How about a vita tie in to frag in space on the go???

Lets do this thing right boys.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

We’ll have Beta news down the road. No Vita tie in at this point. We are working hard to make sure the core game on the PS3 is worthy of an exclusive

+ mcduff32 on September 15th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

Awesome video.

So are you wearing pants right now?

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Xesturgy
Yieldless
Zazzy

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

this is classic

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Show your friends! Hopefully they will dig it too!

+ Zacky-V-A7X on September 15th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Starhawk is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

+ Tone-Capone on September 15th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

@Blkant, from the MP videos(especially the B-Roll footage released) you can see there are weapon pickups scattered around the map much like WH. the only question is wether they are dedicated weapon spawns, or if they fell from a dead soldier. It appears when you die there is no backpack that holds all your goodies. what you were carrying falls around as seperate pickups. which might explain the weapons we see laying around the vids. but my guess is there are dedicated weapon spawns. also, you can build a bunker, sniper tower, etc to collect weapons you need.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

very observant but we are still working out the particulars

+ mcduff32 on September 15th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

OK well I’m glad you know.

Xesturgy. Why didn’t I think of that.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Just to confirm….this is all gameplay footage. No CG movies here. Gameplay is always king

+ TruRage on September 15th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Whoever put together this trailer deserves a freakin’ raise. Srsly, that was awesome. ^_^ Can’t wait for the game!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

The SONY team in San Diego cut this one together and they really did a great job. Working with them is just one of the many reasons why LightBox Interactive is really lucky to get to work with Sony Computer Entertainment as our publisher. I know that sounds cheesy and kiss-assey, but its true.

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Our Sony San Diego vid team did it…with a little help from the actual game!

+ Xaveri28 on September 15th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Looks awesome!

What would make this true space flight is if the wold actually rotates when you pitch and yaw your ship. In space there is no up or down. It seems as even though we are in space, there is still clearly an up and down and the world remains the same while the ship is the one that rolls and moves. In space you should be able to maintain flight while inverted because there is no gravity.

I don’t know how difficult this could be, but it would make it true space flight, which is what many of us want. No gravity while flying, just pure space dogfights.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

We have found that a great many players rely on the “horizon” for orientation and control of their ship. We did a lot of testing on this to make sure.

That said, we do support a flight mode that allows the horizon to invert and spin while you are flying – but its a player choice.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on September 15th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait as always! :D

+ polo155 on September 15th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

Im a die-hard sim racer but I love space game and must say I think I might get this, I’d love to have a spaceship in the box or a couple of action figures… I most Likely get this.. If it’s downloadable then Likely become Gaurenteed! I’m in a wheelchair I prefer games on my hdd so I don’t have to get up to switch if I’m chillin.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Now I feel really bad to say that Starhawk is on Blu-ray and not a downloadable game from the PlayStation Store.

+ Bulleteddy on September 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

I got a chance to play this at a recent trade event and was absolutely blown away. This video is, (overused term I know)…epic. I would love to live in the world where people actually play as a team like this, but regardless, this game was so fun and easy to get into. I cannot wait!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Team work is hard to get right but we think we have some systems in Starhawk to really help promote players working as a team.

We’ll learn alot during the Starhawk BETA and will be looking to all of our fans for their feedback to help us get it right!

+ Bulleteddy on September 15th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Also…thanks to Lightbox interactive for FINALLY making an African American main character that isn’t a ridiculous stereotype. Emmett has no Fro or braids and he isn’t running around with a bird in his hair or screaming about how people need to ride the “train”.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

Ha!

Oh, Sahz…

He was a very unexpected design from the character master, Tetsuya Nomura!

+ bowman151 on September 15th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

The game looks great and that trailer really left me wanting more. Great to see that coordinated ground troops can take out the hawks. I hope to see teamwork like that in the full game.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

The topic of team work is key — and it’s hard to get right!

The dev-team and I here at LightBox Interactive are always looking for ways to foster good teamwork among players (which is easier said than done). Whether thats through awards or trophies that are unlocked with good team-based triggers or by the design of our Build & Battle parts.

We still have a long way to go, but we’re excited about all the work that’s ahead of us!

+ KevPC on September 15th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

this game is looks awesome…never bought the first game :( but this one i will :D

+ JoeTheBeast16 on September 15th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Ok, I love how the game is looking, but the first thing that came to mind when you were talking about different maps, and feels to the terrain and such, blew my mind.
I really think that you guys should talk to Guerilla Games and see if you could like remake one of the awesome maps from Killzone 3 for a special cameo-type DLC after release of the game.
When i see this trailer, that’s what sings to me, the need for you to really go all out with the maps.
Lack of differentiation in the maps, and the fact that i came in waaaaayyy to late in the game is the reason i never got into warhawk, i just couldnt take being dominated like that.
But seriously, talk to them, that would be like the most amazing subtle crossover type event in gaming history, or at least to me, because i dont really care about the billions of fighting game crossovers, not a huge fan of that genre, but this one; you’ve stolen my heart.

+ DROPGRAVY on September 15th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

vvvvvvvvv
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! >>>>>>> XMB STATUS UPDATES <<<<<<< ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Respects to T-Jani for bring this to attention, It would a prudent decision to add this feature. &
Props to all the great people working long hours on the game right now at Lightbox Interactive

Its on track to be the best game ever.

+ Dylan Jobe on September 15th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Ok everyone — I gotta run into another meeting but I will come back and answer more comments as soon as I can!

+ Blackmagic316 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

if santa monica is apart of this games development why aren’t the graphics close to god of war III?

+ LDiablo84 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

I see the potential for a new, more human video game icon in Emmett Graves. And this multiplayer looks like it will NOT disappoint.

This game has everything! All that needs to happen now for Nathan Drake to appear in the game and I would go ballistic!! hmm can we get an Emmet Graves skin in Uncharted 3?

+ TheGuardianFID on September 15th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

SOLD X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!! O_o

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

heh, that’s not too shabby!

+ dmac80 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

The original Warhawk players were fortunate to stumble on the game (with little to no marketing from Sony) and it soon became a cult following. The community grew and became rabid believers in the game. The Warhawk forum on the then new playstation site became by far the most popular. Dylan would drop in from time to time to chat or offer hints on updates. He even gave us what we asked for (night maps, snow maps, jetpacks). This solidified a core group of diehards and we’ve been waiting for Starhawk ever since that final hint that Dylan was working on “something big”…

+ dmac80 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

…Fast forward to today and we are on the cusp of a sick follow up, the million dollar question to SONY is: Will you really get behind Starhawk? Will you market and sell this to the mainstream? I’m talking commercials during NFL games, Emmett on corporate products (burger king, soda cans, etc)..I know all that costs big money, but the gamble is worth it. Warhawk is BY FAR the best multiplayer for the PS3. Unfortunately due to little marketing most people still have no idea what it is. If Starhawk is pushed, it will be adopted by the mainstream and could be the next huge series…I’m talking GTA, COD, HALO huge. Come on Sony step it up. I hope someone with influence is reading this. Other fans have asked the same thing on the facebook page.

+ LDiablo84 on September 15th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

@dmac80 EXACTLY. Sony please market the hell out of this game!

+ Harvard Bonin on September 15th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said: