PS4 - Destiny

Resident Evil 4 HD Hits PSN Tuesday, Plus Subscribers Get 50% Off

Mike Lunn's Avatar + Posted by Mike Lunn on Sep 16, 2011 // Product Manager, Capcom

Resident Evil 4 HD for PS3 (PSN)

Now’s your chance to relive one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Resident Evil 4 HD will be released via PlayStation Network on Tuesday, September 20th. Five years after the Raccoon City outbreak, Leon S. Kennedy is back in action and on a new assignment. The President’s daughter has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult in Europe and it’s your mission to rescue her and make it out alive. The entire Resident Evil 4 experience (including all bonus content from previous versions) has been remastered in high definition and will be a treat for both new fans and RE veterans.

Resident Evil 4 HD for PS3 (PSN)

The Resident Evil franchise had its beginnings on PlayStation 15 years ago and to help celebrate we’re offering some sweet Resident Evil deals for PlayStation fans. At launch we’re going to be giving everyone five free RE4 avatars to anyone who purchases Resident Evil 4 HD. On top of that, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will get 50 percent off the price of Resident Evil 4 HD, bringing it down to just $9.99! To help get you caught up on the series leading up to RE4, we’re offering the PSone versions of Resident Evil 1 Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis at 50 percent off for all PlayStation users and FREE to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

That’s a ton of Resident Evil content coming your way on the cheap, but it doesn’t stop there … check back next week for more details on Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD!

280 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ hush404 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

Free RE 1, 2, 3 and 50% off for 4? Hells yeah :D PS+ Pays off again!

+ zzamaro on September 16th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

Any reason RE4 doesn’t have a Platinum when the 360 version will have 1000G?

You already lost some customers(GameFAQs and PS3trophies) including me for that reason.

For trophy haters, I already have this game.

+ Mijeme on September 16th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

This is for all of the PLUS nay Sayers…SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Foxyspeedy on September 16th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Cool!

+ Moonglare on September 16th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Wonderful news for PS+ subscribers. I’ll make sure to not let this one pass =D

+ hush404 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

@2 – RE4 doesn’t have a Plat? WTH?

+ DeathGazer on September 16th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

So tempting. Really wish it had a Platinum trophy :(

+ neostardust on September 16th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Mhm… sounds like a good deal

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 16th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

that mean u try to sell RE4 for 20$… mm, i think it’s OVER PRICED!

+ joseph2411 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

@2 the plat trophy is going to be DLC lol XD

jokes asides, looking forward to getting it on tuesday and play it a lot….again! :)

+ zzamaro on September 16th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

@6

Unfortanetly, no Platinum:

9 bronze, 2 silver, and 1i gold.

+ saab01 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

I wish RE4 was the free game and the PS one classics were 50 % off. This always happens

+ Mister-Nep on September 16th, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

Well this is definitely bought. I was originally gonna pass on Veronica, but with the discount being apply to that as well I’ll be picking up both.

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on September 16th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

1000GS for 360 and no platinum for ps3 how did yall screw that up?

+ SirTrigalot on September 16th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

I must agree. I am going to get it but no platinum is pretty weak.

+ Segaholic2 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

Why no Move support?

+ Midgetguy on September 16th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

I’m going to have to say maybe to this one…

The fact that there’s no platinum and such few trophies for such a long game is discouraging… very discouraging…

+ WATERSTAND on September 16th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

I’m already at the mine cart ride section on RE4 HD. I imported the blu ray last week.

+ nikrel on September 16th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

No Platnium? No Move support?! What are you thinking? No move support is a deal breaker for me, the platinum is a meh but still should be there.

+ RE_Player on September 16th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

I feel like I’m stealing from Capcom between 1, 2, and 3 for free and 4 for $10. Day one buy without a doubt, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time and now I can get trophies!!!!

+ JLP_M on September 16th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

@10
Are you serious?

+ Mobius2525 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Well for $10 each a HD game i guess that’s okay, sad it don’t have any Plats though.

+ reson8er on September 16th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

Yes, why is Move not supported?

RE4 is a classic, to be sure, but RE5 was very fun with the Move (I’d argue the only reason I was able to play through completely) . This is really bewildering considering the its already been worked out how to do it.

+ dirtpypmilkshake on September 16th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

Any Move support coming?

+ acfdc on September 16th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Tudo de bom !

+ crusher915 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

Any chance that you could put RE5 on the psn store???

Mike Lunn's Avatar

+ Mike Lunn on September 16th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

sooner than you probably think! ;)

+ KAPADO on September 16th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

how big is the file size ?
With all these games I’m running out of space on my 160 gig PS3

+ Curtisio on September 16th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

WOW!!! I agree – Plus pays off!

+ onslaughtree on September 16th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

Plus members win again. I still own my ps2 copy, so I may wait for this at xmas.

+ Impairing on September 16th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

I’ve been waiting for Code: Veronica X. The freebies will definitely hold me out until then. <3

+ WATERSTAND on September 16th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

@KAPADO 3.3 GB for RE4, 2.4 GB for RECV.

+ MaveraUS on September 16th, 2011 at 8:50 am said:

Dear Sony,
I love you.

P.S: But no Platinium Trophy makes my glass heart cry…

+ Firelogic on September 16th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

That’s a pretty good deal! I can play the PS1 RE games on my PSP!

+ vendolapoma on September 16th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

WOW!

+ bkmelendez on September 16th, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

$19.99 for non-PS+ subscribers sounds fair to me. I’ll be buying this on launch.

+ blue8081 on September 16th, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

i was going to buy this game until i heard no platinum trophy that sucks because this game came out a while now so give us a good to buy it again!!

+ bharken on September 16th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

WTF WTF WTF! Been a RE fan since PS1 days.. It’s just WOW! Excellent deal.

+ Curtisio on September 16th, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

Move support?

+ fattytwenty on September 16th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

haha now i get to see my girlfriend jump off the couch, when playing the first 3 games.
ahh the joys of life ;)

+ Williamsky on September 16th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Can’t wait to watch my wife scream when the chainsaw guy comes running at her again.

+ Ashitaka96 on September 16th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

To those talking about the lack of a platinum trophy. No game released solely on the PSN has a platinum. I don’t see why they would change that with RE4.

+ DarkRecoil on September 16th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Want to know why Resident Evil 6 wasn’t announced at TGS this week?

….Its cause capcom are gonna announce it as a Wii U EXCLUSIVE during next year’s E3!

LOL im joking but i wouldn’t be surprised if its true looking at how many times capcom have scr@wd sony over. Remember that resident evil game they announced for PSP? LOL
Iphone Devil may cry but no PSP vers?LOL
Dead Risind on wii and not PS3 ? LOL

I Really feel bad for all those PS3/ Vita Japanes Monster Hunter fans as well. But really guys Capcom have been doing this to sony since PS2 days so they got no one to blame but themselves really.

My advice? dont buy capcom games. There too many better games coming out anyway :D

+ TONY-Q on September 16th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

i have 1 n 2 already… RE 1 was what started me in gaming. but playin it now graphic wise i jus cant get into the game. lol. its so blockie n 80′s computer lookin. ill still give it a try n play more cuz it does bring back some good n fun memories. but i think it looks worse now playin on an HD tv thenthe tv i was playin on as a kid. lol. never played 4 so ill pick that up. sounds like an awesome deal for the + subscrbers too.

+ DarkRecoil on September 16th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

No platinum trophy? is that a joke?

OMG Sony, why do you keep letting Capcom doing this to you LOL lol epic fail loooool

+ Zarxce on September 16th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

No plat trophy and no retail disc copy pretty much turned me off from buying this. I already bought the resident evil bundle with code veronica, RE4 and RE Outbreak on PS2. Going to need more incentive to purchase again.

+ b00kthree on September 16th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

I can see people are stoked for this offer, but it holds no value for me. They’re all M rated.

I was happier about Plants vs. Zombies. Keep the family-friendly / low-gore stuff coming too, please.

+ burningwind on September 16th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Jeez, it is an HD remake. It doesn’t need a platinum trophy or Move support. It is not like this game is a retail release. Just a PSN version and for Plus people it is half off. Quit yer whinin.

+ Istay-For-ever on September 16th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Nice PS+

+ MaximMicheal on September 16th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I couldn’t be anymore happier to be a Playstation Plus subscriber! I haven’t played Resident Evil 4 in 5 years and thank you Capcom for bringing the game to PSN! Resident 4 for $10 is a sweet deal for PS+ users!

+ Sponge-worthy on September 16th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Let me guess, this game will require the player to be logged in to the PSN in order to play…?

PAGE 1 2 3 6