Uncharted 4

Resident Evil 4 HD Hits PSN Tuesday, Plus Subscribers Get 50% Off

Mike Lunn's Avatar + Posted by Mike Lunn on Sep 16, 2011 // Associate Brand Manager, Capcom

Resident Evil 4 HD for PS3 (PSN)

Now’s your chance to relive one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Resident Evil 4 HD will be released via PlayStation Network on Tuesday, September 20th. Five years after the Raccoon City outbreak, Leon S. Kennedy is back in action and on a new assignment. The President’s daughter has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult in Europe and it’s your mission to rescue her and make it out alive. The entire Resident Evil 4 experience (including all bonus content from previous versions) has been remastered in high definition and will be a treat for both new fans and RE veterans.

Resident Evil 4 HD for PS3 (PSN)

The Resident Evil franchise had its beginnings on PlayStation 15 years ago and to help celebrate we’re offering some sweet Resident Evil deals for PlayStation fans. At launch we’re going to be giving everyone five free RE4 avatars to anyone who purchases Resident Evil 4 HD. On top of that, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will get 50 percent off the price of Resident Evil 4 HD, bringing it down to just $9.99! To help get you caught up on the series leading up to RE4, we’re offering the PSone versions of Resident Evil 1 Director’s Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis at 50 percent off for all PlayStation users and FREE to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

That’s a ton of Resident Evil content coming your way on the cheap, but it doesn’t stop there … check back next week for more details on Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD!

280 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ Grexotic on September 19th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

No deal. But thank you for offering.

+ samonuske on September 19th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Dope!! Can’t wait to suplex the illuminados again haha

+ DojoDog74 on September 19th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

This is a sweet deal for PS+ subscribers. Count me in!

+ amer_achilles on September 19th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

WE WANT A PLATINUM TROPHY!!!!!
RISE THE CHALLANGE FOR PLAYERS
I WISH YOU DO IT AND ADD MORE TROPHIES TO THE GREAT RESIDENT EVIL 4
AND CODE VIRONICA

+ ripret1 on September 19th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

This will be great! I´ll wait for it, and I´ll buy it!

+ izzyjr18 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

GREAT LOVE THE SCARES FROM THIS GAME !!!!! AND NOW JUST FOR 10 BUCKS ,, GREAT DEAL,,,,

+ shadowryu91 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

I want to know at what time it will be available on he PSN !!!!!

+ hippiesanta on September 19th, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

Code Verinika should be out first

+ JuS_bLaYzE on September 20th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

do the free re games come out later today or is my thirst to kill giving me tunnel vision and i just cant see the free for playstation plus members.

+ maleno20 on September 20th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

they put platinun trophy on gow collections and not on re4, WTF i was thinking in 40 or 30 trophy for re4 wit platinun :(

+ thebgj on September 20th, 2011 at 6:59 am said:

yeah i was hoping for a huge announcement on the main page. Only because i love RE soooooooo much.

+ DarkWarriorMatt on September 20th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

oh well about the trophies i just want to play as my favourite character krauser!!

+ Greaser_86 on September 20th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

no plat, not a deal breaker but xbox gets the full 1000 points WTF!!

+ Mr_3thoom on September 20th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

I can’t find it on psn!!

+ corwin31781 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

Where is RE4 HD? I want to download it but I cannot find it on the PS Store!! WTH!!!

+ IncluD on September 20th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Looks like moderators are not letting me say that they lied to us and game wont be in store until tomorrow (store update) if even then…

+ QueenB82 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

DAMN….this the first time I’ve actually been able to be hyped about getting something w/ my Plus subscription I actually WANT!! Hell yeah!!

Hmm, might have to pick up RE3. I purchased RE1 pre-PLUS and I’ll have to check and see if I did the same w/ RE2. If not, I’ll add that in w/ RE3, too! And RE4 for $10…..wow. Let me jump back on and check the store now!!

+ StrifeGXS on September 20th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

Sooo ummm where is it? I can’t seem to find it like alot of other people.

+ LadyRin-999 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Where is RE4?! I can’t find it on PSN…. SMFH

+ QueenB82 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

Aw dammit, haven’t see thing yet either….and their still charging for RE1-3. u_u

So beat up…..

+ QueenB82 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Correction: IT’S THERE!!

You have to go to the Plus section of PSN and hit the ‘New Releases’ category. All of the promised stuff is there (avys, games, etc).

+ Shatgan on September 20th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

Awesome!! finally something of my taste :D

+ everyday_jake on September 20th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

Nice, been waiting for this!

+ IncluD on September 21st, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

Ok, im going to skip this PoS, no plat and now they are not releasing this game in my countrys store even tho its 21.9 (5pm)
f… you capcom and sony

+ Strathmore on September 21st, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Spare Parts and Anarchy are games that get a plat but RE4 doesn’t…? Rrrrrrrrrrrright.

No plat is completely lame. No Move support is even worse. So, what is the point of this version? Oh right, HD visuals. Which apparently is the worst part of this port.

Man, Capcom continues to be out of touch, why are we giving them our money again?

+ PimblyCharles on September 22nd, 2011 at 7:39 pm said:

I thought my PS Plus membership payed for its self after getting Stacking for free, but lately Sony has gone up and beyond with awesome stuff for us PS Plus members. I have saved close to $60 from sale discounts on new games. From Dust for $11? Bought it. Renegade Ops for $11? Bought it. Borderlands & all DLC for $15. Holy crap!!! Bought it. Now for the best thing yet to come out of being a PS Plus member. RE4 for $10 is really amazing, but I am blown away that we’re getting RE1, 2, & 3 all for FREE. I never got to play RE2, and I only played RE3 on Dreamcast, not the PS1 version. I can’t wait to finally play RE2. Sony, you are doing us right lately, I thank you much for this.

+ PimblyCharles on September 22nd, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

Wow, reading through all these comments is hard when every other one is full of complaining and hate. I was at first going to add yet one more comment saying that a good game is a good game and should be played regardless of if it has a platinum trophy or not. However, after some thought, I think having a platinum trophy or at least some trophies that aren’t the typical story progression trophies would only help the sales of RE4. Most people have already played it or own it. A platinum trophy, cool and out of the way trophies, and heck even Move support probably would be enough to play through this game again. I myself have already played it 3 times, and I just don’t see myself paying $10 to do it again. For new comers to the game, buy it without any thought! It’s one of the best games ever made. For the people who have played it a million times over, some better trophies might had been enough to win us over for the million and one time.

+ dhoom-12345 on September 29th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

جميل روعة ريزدنت ايفل

+ dhoom-12345 on September 29th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

love

+ carlito-99_25 on October 2nd, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

So does this mean re4 is in hd and its only 20 bucks !!! I know what im gettin this week!!!

PAGE 1 4 5 6