PS4 - Transistor

Coming Soon: UNCHARTED: The Fourth Labyrinth and UNCHARTED from DC Comics

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Sep 19, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

If you’re like me, you’re literally crawling out of your skin with anticipation to “uncover the truth” with Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan when UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception arrives on 11-1-11.

Helping to make the launch of our favorite game series all the sweeter, and further expanding the lore of Drake’s travels, be sure to visit your favorite local book and comic stores to reserve these two outstanding adventures in print entertainment for Uncharted!

UNCHARTED: The Fourth Labyrinth novel

First up, and on sale October 4th, 2011 is UNCHARTED: The Fourth Labyrinth, written by author Christopher Golden who recently shared with us:

“I had a blast writing UNCHARTED: The Fourth Labyrinth. Mystery, suspense, mythology, pulp action, sinister plots, beautiful women, and treasure — when it comes to the world of Nathan Drake, what’s not to love?”

For those of you clamoring to learn more about the adventure in store for Nathan Drake, we’ll share with you this excerpt from the back cover of the book:

In the ancient world there was a myth about a king, a treasure, and a hellish labyrinth. Now the doors to that hell are open once again.

Nathan Drake, treasure hunter and risk taker, has been called to New York City by the man who taught him everything about the “antiquities acquisition business.” Victor Sullivan needs Drake’s help. Sully’s old friend, a world-famous archaeologist, has just been found murdered in Manhattan. Dodging assassins, Drake, Sully, and the dead man’s daughter, Jada Hzujak, race from New York to underground excavations in Egypt and Greece. Their goal: to unravel an ancient myth of alchemy, look for three long-lost labyrinths, and find the astonishing discovery that got Jada’s father killed. It appears that a fourth labyrinth was built in another land and another culture—and within it lies a key to unmatched wealth and power. An army of terrifying lost warriors guards this underground maze. So does a monster. And what lies beyond—if Drake can live long enough to reach it—is both a treasure and a poison, a paradise and a hell.

UNCHARTED: The Fourth Labyrinth comic by DC Comics

Up next, and on sale November 30th, 2011 is a new six-issue UNCHARTED comic book series by DC Comics. The comics are being written by Joshua Williamson with pencils by Sergio Sandoval and covers by Tony Harris (not to mention a variant cover for Issue #1 by fan favorite Adam Hughes). DC’s SVP of Digital of DC Entertainment, Hank Kanalz, had this to say about the upcoming series:

“We’re creating a hi-octane, adventure comic that adds to the official canon of the Uncharted franchise. The book will be entertaining for both fans of the game, and new fans who read the comic and then want to play the game.”

As far as timeline, the comic book series takes place before both UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves and will find Nathan Drake discovering that the legendary Amber Room was hidden by another great explorer, Sir Richard Byrd, where legend has it that many, many years ago, Byrd hid the Amber Room in the fabled Agartha (a legendary city that is said to reside in the earth’s core, often referred to as “The Hollow Earth”). Drake competes with a new adversary to find clues that will lead them on a journey to the center of the Earth — and a breathtaking new adventure.

The UNCHARTED video game franchise continues to expand into a globally recognized entertainment brand that resonates with fans across a broad spectrum. The demand for new and exciting ways for fans to remain steeped in the adventurous world of UNCHARTED, even when away from their gaming console, has generated an entire slew of goodies that touches upon almost every facet of entertainment, pop culture, and collectible! From UNCHARTED video games, action figures, clothing, statues, posters, gaming accessories, comic books and novels; for many of us, our holiday wish list can be completed by sending our loved ones a link to this blog post!

I can’t wait to read these both these stories, folks — hit me up if you feel the same! I’ll be sure to answer as many questions as I can in the comments.

42 Comments

+ JaKhris on September 19th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

I will probably be picking those up. Can’t get enough of Nathan Drake. :)

+ Veridis_Quo on September 19th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

Are there any preorder bonuses? jk XD

+ Cyris on September 19th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

Any chance of codes for Uncharted 3 MP unlockables included in these?

+ ERC1980 on September 19th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

oh soo getting this.

but Mick one question.

where does the Fourth Labryinth take place in the series timeline?

you neglected that part in the post

+ akab211 on September 19th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

I can’t wait to play Uncharted 3!!!!!

+ TomHoang on September 19th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

I really want to read the Uncharted Comic, but the only way I have access to comics are through the PSP, which no longer carries them T_T

+ Blkant on September 19th, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Hell… A realm and theme we simply don’t see enough of in games these days. Forget military games, bring back the horror and mystery of other realms that actually encourage imagination I say (i.e. doom, quake, and now uncharted it seems). :P

+ Carl-G on September 19th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

DAM :D I thought that said – ‘UNCHARTED 4: The Fourth Labyrinth’ for PS3 :P :P :P
(i know i want another game even before number 3 comes out) LoL

+ Pesico on September 19th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

Haven’t read a book in ages. This might just change that. Will it be released in Europe?

+ tulaib_100 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

i really want to work for scea but i dun know how to apply online …. plz tell me how to ?

+ RE_Player on September 19th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

I’m so down for an Uncharted book. Will it be on digital services like Amazon and Kobo?

+ wtGp on September 19th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

@4 it’s a non canon story that’s just made up which is why l won’t be getting it. l, however, will be getting the Uncharted comic book

+ cwsluke on September 19th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

Make it into a motion comic on PSN store also please. I loved the last one!

+ DevilSuicide on September 19th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

It’s official! Uncharted is BIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!!!

In your face Halo and Gears, can’t mess with this baby!!!

+ ERC1980 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

@12

we don’t 100% know that yet. i’d rather wait for some official confirmation from the OP.

+ Berae on September 19th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

I wish there was another uncharted comic like the one released on the PSN store I think it was called eye of indra or something like that. That would be nice.

+ Heavenly_king on September 19th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

How about making this novels into PSVITA games?? :D

+ ElektroDragon on September 19th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

It seems every game lately gets novels and comics! I love Uncharted an all, but I can’t keep up.

+ yl_ksa on September 19th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Where will we be able to buy it from?

+ VIP-Fury on September 19th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

would be nice If we got these new characters for the UC3 MP

+ MaxxAmmo on September 19th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Although that looks like a bit like Buffy & Angel in the picture that would make a very cool poster!

+ wtGp on September 19th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

@12 actually l do know that for a fact http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/10/28/nathan-drake-charts-novel-territory-in-2011/
story is non canon but hey if that’s what your into all the power to you.
l wish the Digital Comic book store wasn’t gone, l would have loved to read the Uncharted comic on my PSP, looks like l’ll have to go my comic book store

+ fsavoie on September 19th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

The fourth labyrinth seems to be only available to pre-order on amazon kindle? Will it be release on Sony reader as well?

+ ynp7 on September 19th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

What, $11.99 on Kindle?!?!? No way, man!

It’s the 21st century, got to do better than that. Hell, it’s cheaper in paperback on Amazon!

+ Biz_Markee on September 19th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Why does Drake look like John Travolta? Is this Uncharted or Look who’s talking?

+ JoeTheBeast16 on September 19th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

LAUNCH U3 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please?! :[

The drought… is too much….
Can’t….
Wait…….

Any longer……

+ Elvick_ on September 19th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

I hope it’s easy to find in Canada.

+ Shinra_Soilder on September 19th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

I’m definitely picking up the book. I hope it lasts me until Uncharted 3 but most likely no.

+ Maverick10 on September 19th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

Picking up both. Awesome!

+ ERC1980 on September 19th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

@ wtGp

i stand corrected.

i like reading paperback novels anyways so i’ll be getting it!

+ unchartedfanatic on September 19th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

im to much of an uncharted fan to get this

+ Davora on September 19th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

“Literally” crawling out of your skin???

That’s an unpleasant thought…

+ angelspawn77 on September 19th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

I’ll pass, I remember they did the same for GOW3 the comics and the novel, I bought 2 of the comics, but didn’t follow up on the rest for some reason. I’ll just stick to the games.

+ Tridrakious on September 19th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

More of my money going to Uncharted….But I’m happy!

+ blackghost826 on September 19th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

Drake looks quite pudgy in the comic book art :) Anyway, I’ve already preordered U3 and hope to get the book when it releases!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on September 19th, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

Would be great to see this as a preorder bonus.. or maybe included in the collectors or maybe a very special edition?? Just an idea. Looks great tho.. can’t say I wouldn’t be tempted if I saw it on the shelf.

+ MauriGzz on September 19th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

Definitely getting thus. :D

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on September 19th, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

Great, with the PSP comic store gone, I have no way to get it unless i order it online “( guess that works hahaha

+ herbs772 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:55 am said:

A novel that isn’t about some teenager, who just complains about his problems the whole time, SOLD!!!!!

+ EnaNo91766 on September 20th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

were can i pik this up i got no comic book store close by

love uncharted series cant wait to play uc3 collectors edition

+ MorganRN on September 20th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

This sounds kinda epic!

+ MCPLAWESOME on September 21st, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

it’s only gonna be a matter of time before someone gets the idea to make a movie out of this awesome series.

<3 UNCHARTED FOR LIFE