PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 System Software Update (v3.72)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 19, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

387 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ RAZORBLADE1080 on September 19th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

not very important

+ AbruptedWotas on September 19th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

I own both ps3 and 360…that said…ps3′s online component is broke, i pay for xbox live for a service that works

+ zzamaro on September 19th, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

It seems like a useless update to me.

+ xGamergirlx on September 19th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

Oh how lovely. Another useless update -_^

+ AJC3317 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

this better fix the auto download problem us ps+ users have been having. it would be nice to have a feature we’re PAYING FOR actually work

+ ashtiany22 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

let 4.00 be sony ps3 is now ps4 like knew psn an everything that’s my idea for sony

+ Grexotic on September 19th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

Thanks for the update

+ ReefrRulz on September 19th, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

for people who keep asking:

There will not be cross-game chat on the PS3. Quit asking for it. It’s not going to happen. there are these things called system limitations. unfortunately, there is not enough RAM in the PS3 to allow for that service. So get over it. use skype or google chat. If your really a Playstation fan and have any intelligence at all. you should understand this by now.

My Apologies to any mod who might not approve of this message. But, I’m tired of reading about this subject on every post.

+ jose213jose on September 19th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

how about some new updates better then that. Why don’t you guys remove the PS2 memory card software from the PS3 Slim models sense it can’t play any PS2 games. That would cut down on some of the OS or so, fix some bugs the PS3 Slim has. And have update to increase the PS1 games more, so their look better when playing them.

How about making the music player more update with cool looks on theme’s. Its the same boring one all the time for each theme.

NEW PSN interface on the PS3 too.

PS: if i forgot something please i’ll add it on later or after this.

+ AbruptedWotas on September 19th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

it might be an update since resident evil 1,2, and 3 are being released tomorrow, there is going to be a lot of online traffic tomorrow, we all know when they restored psn and people where getting the free stuff, all the traffic online was locking up systems and stuff.

+ DarkAkatosh on September 19th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

Yay for unnecessarily intrusive updates.

+ ashtiany22 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

Sony should fix everything like keeping people from jail breaking there system an having faster online gaming an update the video card to have stronger graphic put a avg software we can scan for virus an spamware an hacker to block them

+ REDXJeenKs3000 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

I’m WORRIED so its the perfect time to say

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

+ REDXJeenKs3000 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

@AbruptedWotas 109 i doubt it.

and the online component is not broken what so ever stop trolling btw on xboxlive your really paying for the fact that you can play online games that you dont own

+ popsfromtops on September 19th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

Hey Wolf26pack u can use the auto shut off from power Save settings. U can set it to shut down even if it playing movies, music, ect. just as long as u dont use the controller for the time period u set.

+ T67Killer on September 19th, 2011 at 8:32 pm said:

i feel like you dont have to even tell me about updates like this

+ jose213jose on September 19th, 2011 at 8:39 pm said:

I know the PS3 Slim well & it has some slow downs when you are in PS Home or not sometimes. I remember one time while back my system was on and bang it got stuck on PS Home. So i turn it off & return it on but my system slow down for just that whole sec & i decide not to play my PS3 for while now. I am guessing its some problems with PS Home or OS system that case it. If problems happen on the PS3 system i’ll video record it and send u link to see it next time.

+ maleno20 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:41 pm said:

new update…… new what……………..

+ jose213jose on September 19th, 2011 at 8:41 pm said:

I forgot something else too, when i go to PS.Blog Share my idea’s all the time their never through and it makes me have to fill it in until it go’s through. I think the page has problem because it did it with all my other PC in my home.

+ E-Phoenix- on September 19th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

…. We need a new PS3 UI.

+ CorruptedSavior on September 19th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

Just wondering will this fix the problem with Bfbc2 where it get’s disconnected from their servers? Or is this an EA server problem?

+ Donald6493 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

Man, sony keeps going farther and farther down on my list, every week its crap. i dont care if I spent hundreds on the PSN store but I have to say Sony is really losing me and a lot of other people I know. Instead of focusing on the tester season 3 so much they should listen to the customers on how to make things better, playstation Plus was good at first but now its all dumb stuff. so waht if they give you free games, the games are all old and if you dont want to renew your playstation plus the games and all the addons that you got for free expire. Playstation is a joke. I have a Fat playstation 3 with a 500 GB hard drive and im about to say sony can keep there dumb updates and free old games and throw the thing in the garbage…

+ JClink81 on September 19th, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

I guess they will never fix the internet browser.

+ enjionPS on September 19th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

What needless things will you add to the ToS this time? I can only wonder….

How about something fun, like a “name change” option, LIVE has it, I don’t see why PSN can’t have it either.

+ phatmillips on September 19th, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

I echo the comments for an XMB redesign – I have countless games; PS3/N, PSP, PS1, Minis – and keeping track of them all is a headache. We need better sorting, more custimzation. The vertical scrolling through the library doesnt worry. Initially I would like a sort by name option, just like how you can sort Trophys. I hope we can get something new and faster by years end.

+ xV1cious on September 19th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

i just have one question, why cant i create a new user, account on my ps3 or playstation website it has been like this for months hope somone can get back at me will take any advice.

+ catincrunch13 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

so wats the new update??

+ mer2329 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

sigh is right
i have been a sony exclusive customer sence the PS2 years (my previous system was a hamd-me-down PSX [those small ones] which i traded my SNES to get)
but these erranious PSP/PS3 updates that add no funcunality and take a wile to download are getting on my nerves

unless this fixes the problem of uploading saved data for plus users this is erranious…
and should not be a required update

+ myamssi on September 19th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

This better fix the add funds problem because I couldn’t funds to my amount; it would say error occurred. It better fix kt because I want the black ops resurrection

+ mer2329 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

and those new TOS are horrid
i mean they take away our right to sue unless we send a letter with in 30 days (mines in the mail)
but at least you put an announcement at the beginning and that i appreciate (that dosent mean they are not horrid, because they are)

+ Sephir007 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

Yep a better browser would be good, better performance for youtube, or better yet a exclusive youtube app, Thank you.

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on September 19th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

“Network” meaning online stability? if so COOL.

+ bigboi_21 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:17 pm said:

Downloading now…hopefully automatic downloads and save data uploads will be fixed…hasn’t work since I got my new slim.

+ Donald6493 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

and to add to my other post it would be really nice if sony would let us delete games off our trophy list that have 0% on them. but i guess it doesnt really matter since i am switching to PC.

+ filinese21 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

What bothers me most about these firmware updates is that we never really know the full details of what’s getting changed. I will echo the sentiment of many here for a better YouTube player and streamlining of the funds process.

+ IFeeL_Like_Tacos on September 19th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

i wont cross game chat i would be kick ass cause one of my friends play lbp2 but i like to play b ops and

+ ULTIMOSWAG on September 19th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

they need to tell me when its actually usable.

+ EyEwearGlazSeS on September 19th, 2011 at 9:36 pm said:

BF3 beta.

+ Triptent on September 19th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

Hey, how about a new XMB?

+ adolson on September 19th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

If this fixes the Automatic Update feature so that it actually works again (last update broke it for me, worked fine before that), then I’m all for it – but they should TELL US THAT.

Maybe these “stability fixes” could be added in with a few other little features that would take mere seconds to implement? SUCH AS the ability to fast-forward audio files at varying speeds like the PSP has done for years? Not to mention the ability to resume where you left off in the event that you accidentally check out a trophy list, causing the 3-hour podcast you are two hours in to to stop… And then you spend another hour and a half fast-forwarding back to the 2-hour mark…

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on September 19th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

I don’t mind these stability updates. you people complain about XBL being better and more stable, then we get PSN improvement updates and all of you start ranting about it. Just enjoy your PS3 and its awesomeness. my gosh, 30 minuets to download a new update isn’t gonna kill you. I happen to like the PS3 the way it is, better then Xbox and PC ANY day to me. but i agree those PS+ perks better start working. I can understand the frustration with that. I ALWAYS want to know what these updates address.

+ oZc-Gauss on September 19th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

CROSS-CHAT: Discard
PS2 COMPATIBILITY: Discard

Well, maybe we could get the “PSN ID RENAME” … please SONY!

+ Spinout209 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

When will there be an update that is actually something we are looking forward to updating our PS3s for? If it’s just a minor update then why don’t you hold out on it and release as a big update with a lot of features?

+ ClinToN on September 19th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

LOL! People asking for specific things in updates just for the sake of asking. Ridiculous.

+ soldiercell on September 19th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

FAIL

+ Gigidy17 on September 19th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

Im still having trouble with my console resetting after I quit LBP2 and it this problem just started happening after the new software update for move support

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on September 19th, 2011 at 10:07 pm said:

Downloading it now. I’ll post again on how it works afterwards…..

+ EMOTIONLESZ on September 19th, 2011 at 10:27 pm said:

We want cool features Sony!!! The update description is too vague, what exactly do you mean by “network services has been improved.” Does that mean there will be less lag??

+ ATTILA11 on September 19th, 2011 at 10:30 pm said:

I have a question, i remember the good ol days where we could listen to music and acces xmb. Why cant we do that anymore. Like i used to listen to my songs and read the lyrics off of youtube

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on September 19th, 2011 at 10:33 pm said:

Seems to work fine for me. it booted up and all without a problem. I have heard games boot up faster now.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8