PS4 - Transistor

PS3 System Software Update (v3.72)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 19, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

387 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ moxlon69 on September 19th, 2011 at 10:33 pm said:

I’d pretty much guarantee that this update solely addresses any server changes that are required for the ‘switch’ from PSN to SNE..as much of a joke as that is.

I don’t care about the lack of real updates, and I don’t care about the worthless features that have been added. What bothers me the most is the simple things like YouTube and the browser. I understand this is a game console (original models ‘were’ computers, but no more), but come on. My phone has a better browser and youtube player. I understand some of the requests are rediculous, but so are these constant updates that seem to do nothing but force a new TOS on the end user. You’ve already proven that you can arbitrarily change the terms, so why not just start fixing some of the crap on these expensive consoles that doesn’t work right or never worked well to begin with?

+ Viewtiful_Josh on September 19th, 2011 at 10:38 pm said:

An update is better than no-update. Most of the times that is.

+ red1233 on September 19th, 2011 at 10:39 pm said:

Yeah sucks oh well we may not get a big update till next year when the vita comes.. But trust me even if we do get a big update people still complain so yeah either way I’m all for these updates.

+ EMOTIONLESZ on September 19th, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

Being able to change our psn names without having to make a completely new account from scratch would be pretty cool

+ ATTILA11 on September 19th, 2011 at 10:44 pm said:

To all people saying they want to know whats being changed u r dumb if they do that, that would just give hackers like clues where to attack. As they said when psn went down they wont be telling us whats being changed or it could be used against them.

+ leukoplast on September 19th, 2011 at 11:04 pm said:

Another useless update, nice going Sony.

+ MaN_of_AwE888 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:05 pm said:

Hey PSN, I Bought a map pack on PSN a few weeks ago using a credit card and some hackers hacked my credit card and they go on online gambling and spend $600… I got the money back but its scaring me to buy anything on PSN… and since they don’t sell PSN cards in Sydney NSW anymore, this is a major inconvenience. I much rather you completely remove the hackers then these little updates…

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PSN!

+ Hooligantuan on September 19th, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

PS3 needs a processor upgrade, yo. Put that on the shelves.

+ BGALE on September 19th, 2011 at 11:25 pm said:

It’s poop again!

+ zech678 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

you people so pathric sometime guy event read for hit sent key then talk out your ass to

+ Macbethbro211 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

I also am getting a completely black screen when trying to load Netflix after this update.

+ VileEighty on September 19th, 2011 at 11:33 pm said:

Uh. This update broke my Netflix. I think. Because Netflix was working before this update, and now it’s not. All I get is the red Netflix loading screen, then… a blank screen. And it stays there. I can still access the XMB to quit, but that’s all I’m getting. What gives, man?

+ TheAlabamaMan on September 19th, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

Same problem with Netflix here

+ VileEighty on September 19th, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

My friend just gave me a tip to start up Netflix through the “What’s New” section. It worked for me. This will do, for now, but I expect this fixed, pronto!

+ pitythefool852 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

I hope that means that Auto Updates will start working again

Come to mention it, why doesn’t the PS3 check for updates and sync trophies and saves when shutting down too? Surely that would be a good feature

+ ArenaMech on September 19th, 2011 at 11:36 pm said:

*Sigh* Can we please get something that isn’t just you guys covering your own butts? I’m sick of waiting through the hour long, useless, mandatory updates (yes, it takes me an hour to download 100MB of data, I have very slow internet) just so I can play an online game, at least the Xbox gets multiple substantial updates every year, I can’t remember an update to the Firmware that has made me excited in a very long time, come to think of it, 3.00 was that update.

A complete XMB Overhaul would be a very nice, and welcome surprise, it’s getting very….stale.

+ Johnny475 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:37 pm said:

Look guy there not gonna bring cross game chat they have confirmed that they will not bring it in to action so guys please stop asking about cross game chat

+ zech678 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:47 pm said:

some wrong your connection take me less 2 3 min download stuff ps3

+ zech678 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:48 pm said:

if used cord see why cord get wireless better

+ zech678 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:48 pm said:

cord suck

+ zech678 on September 19th, 2011 at 11:51 pm said:

my netflix run find no black screen or nothing watch movie

+ VileEighty on September 19th, 2011 at 11:52 pm said:

I’ll reiterate; try to run Netflix through the “What’s New” section. It worked for me.

+ GertMint on September 19th, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

Well lets face it every time we see the word update we all get a little excited, as we are hoping for some new funky features.

I personally would like to see the following:

A descent media player added as I have put all my MP3′s on my hard drive and play them via my AV system, We have had 2 new programs for displaying photos but a nothing descent to play/sort music….? Have you ever tried to find a particular song out of a library of 4000+ songs…It’s a bloody nightmare!!

Demand Five would be nice too.

And descent server speed for downloading content. I use Xbox live, demos etc download way quicker on it.

+ odneh16 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:58 am said:

FALLOUT LONESOME ROADS IS MEANT TO BE OUT TODAY! THE 20TH! BUT NOOOO WHY WHY SONY? im sick of always getting DLC a day AFTER its usual release date, not happy

+ ElektroDragon on September 20th, 2011 at 12:59 am said:

NEW FEATURES WOULD BE NICE!

+ ngwoo on September 20th, 2011 at 1:27 am said:

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, certain consumer rights incompatible with the Sony Computer Entertainment corporate mindset have been removed.

+ starfox_6456303 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:34 am said:

In related news, PS3 firmware update 3.73 is already being tested to add system stability, improved network services, and a pony.

+ PRIMERAaskals on September 20th, 2011 at 1:43 am said:

hoping for the vidzone and others would be region-free.. Sigh!

+ masi07 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:46 am said:

Hey Sony guys, how would you like it if every month you had to sign a new contract for your job?

FFS will you please stop with these constant updates, they are annoying as hell as some of us dont have fast net.

Why not major updates spaced out much further aprat.

+ JmanFuffalo on September 20th, 2011 at 1:47 am said:

I, personally, am excited for the pony. On a serious note, cross game chat would be nice for a multitude of reasons. 1) It largely enhances the social network of the PSN. 2) It has NO downside. 2b) Any argument against it I have seen has stated the following. “People talking while I am playing a different game would distract me during key moments.” I have this to say to that. You would NOT HAVE TO USE IT. When you are playing CoD and you want to chat with your friend on Resistance you would be able to. The benefits far outweigh any arguments against it.

+ KAM1L92 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:54 am said:

i hope it has something to do with thw facebook app for sub-account users or the upgrade of sub account users who turned 18 to master account…..i’m really hoping for this

+ Riaden242 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:05 am said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA waste of an up date
sorry sony its just tuff love

+ SiLeNtAsSaSiN0 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:14 am said:

I want to ask something would it not make more sense to design a system that is fully upgradeable like my laptop i think if i am going to be spending hundreds of hard earned dollars on a new system that i should be able to upgrade my ram just like my laptop so that the life of my product could be extended as much as possible, that way i get the most out of my hard earned money, in my personal opinion the ps3 was designed VERY poorly and should have included this upgrade option from the start, not having the ability to upgrade your ram really limits the Game and FW devs from putting out the best game and FW updates possible with the available technology, and in this day and age everything is “UPGRADEABLE” and to add an option to buy Sony ram and add it to your system so that you can run certain new features ect, ect, ect….. would be great! ,

+ SiLeNtAsSaSiN0 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:15 am said:

and would unlock the feature limitations that plague the PS3 FW devs now, now also i also would like to see a browser update as well constantly having issues using the web browser too i think the ability to upgrade flash components on your own through the adobe website or to use a web browser of your choice would be a nice change too, don’t get me wrong i love my ps3 but i think if a few critical changes were made in the design and upgradability of this system would send it right to the top of its class in the console wars, just think sony you could sell SPECIAL RAM ACC that you could only use on your systems and you could profit even more from the sale of 1 of your systems in the long run, and i would also like to see an option in ps store to spend 2.99 of so to be able to add 50 more friends to my friends list i would mos def buy that! i am so tired of having to delete friends that i have had for years to ass new friends! and would love to have the option to purchase more friend slots to add more friends to my list well i guess that’s about it and GREAT JOB SONY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I LOVE MY PS3 !!!!!!!!!!

+ Ethereal on September 20th, 2011 at 2:25 am said:

A least we get updates….as far as the auto sync issue I fixed it by resetting default settings and it works fine now.

+ NDubbaYa on September 20th, 2011 at 2:31 am said:

These updates are annoying. They’re usually mandatory and adds nothing extra.

+ peanut1229 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:46 am said:

Hopefully this will fix the fact that my ps3 lagged for like 2 years straight.

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 20th, 2011 at 3:01 am said:

I don’t know what y’all are complaining about. I’ve had no issues with my auto-downloads and save/trophy syncing, except that I’ve been on vacation the last two weeks and was playing every day during the normal sync window.
@JmanFuffalo: My Dog, man! Haven’t you read even a few of the comments? Click to any page of comments and search “chat”. Multiple people on every page have reiterated. Cross-game chat is beyond the RAM capabilities of the PS3. Once a game has been launched, the RAM is in use. It can’t do anything else. If Sony could, they probably would add the feature, but it is beyond their control.
@SiLeNtAsSaSiN0: If you want an upgradeable gaming platform, use your PC for gaming. If Sony allowed individual parts of the console to be upgraded (aside from the HDD), it would defeat the purpose of it being a console, rather than a PC. The point of a console is a base hardware set that devs can optimize their game for, so everyone gets the same experience. Removing that “limitation”, as it were, would increase development time, as the studios would have to figure out how to make sure the game will run smoothly on systems running various components. It’s not feasible.

+ mew_frenger on September 20th, 2011 at 3:08 am said:

updates and more updates, yet nothing new.

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on September 20th, 2011 at 3:08 am said:

?

+ Creative_ae on September 20th, 2011 at 3:13 am said:

I hope that’s Fix Modern Warfare hackers

+ occelot_ssnake on September 20th, 2011 at 3:18 am said:

Yeah Im tired of useless updates. Next time, Im ignoring it till they release someting actually useful for the average non-plus users

+ Carl-G on September 20th, 2011 at 3:26 am said:

BRING BACK PS2 PLAYBACK TO A PS3 PLEASE SONY :P
(i said this here because it seems pointless saying it on the PS.Blog:Share bit)

+ ZachWuzHere on September 20th, 2011 at 3:28 am said:

@101 Nope i own both too. the 360 online just sucks

+ G-M1N111 on September 20th, 2011 at 3:38 am said:

AUTO UPDATE works again, finally!! Thanks!

+ dudefacetimbomac on September 20th, 2011 at 3:54 am said:

Well nice 3.72 update… No lag now. lol Now Im a Mortal Kombat 3 fan.. So as other people… There’s one in Mortal Kombat Acrade… In Mortal Kombat 3, when you beat someone, so bad, they quit the game, and your points doesn’t add up.. Fix that small error, before other customers get mad. Well, thats about it for today.. Looking forward to see the new zombie map for Call of Duty : Black Ops.. Latz..

+ IRON_CROSS_619 on September 20th, 2011 at 4:06 am said:

I hope this fixes the Madden NFL 12 Game/System Crash upon, A) Exiting the game via XMB Menu, B) Shutting down system via PS Home button hold menu.

I get 3 beeps and system restart…

Which I doubt, even though they have been getting my Crash Reports every night.

+ Dabarius on September 20th, 2011 at 4:17 am said:

I am frankly, very disappointed with Sony. They go ahead and do a minor update like this instead of working on the psn website which they haven’t even bothered to do. Their next plan should be to get the site 100% running.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8