Minecraft PS4

PS3 System Software Update (v3.72)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 19, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.72, will be released soon. With this minor update, system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved.

387 Comments

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8

+ MRGamer01 on September 20th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

I love how the comments on this blog post are a prime example of “You can’t please everyone”. I agree we could use some sort of update to the music section of the system but otherwise, a lot of people are asking for things we do not need.

+ I-Mr_Silver-I on September 20th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

Still a bummer I have to update to play “new” games. Still a bummer I have to use the net to use my system. Sometimes I just like staying unplugged. Some of the new games don’t even come with updates anymore like in the further later months of the ps3 release.

Yes for the comments above, cross chat would be cool and fixing some of the update issues. Sometimes it downloads smoothly for me, but I blame my internet provider. So usually I’d have to grab the update via usb. But unfortunately I have to wait another day in till they actually place the update on the PlayStation website.

+ TONY-Q on September 20th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

@Rodney773

dude! get new hard HDD n turn off ur internet, or get rid of ur friends! lol… u sound like u dont even want the PS3, everything u want sounds like a PS2. matter fact, jus go back to that to that.

+ RcOoBpO on September 20th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

I got the latest update now my PS3 will not read my discs WTH?

+ Rodney773 on September 20th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

I did get a new HD and SONY installs their add ware crap on it and I can’t remove it because Sony won’t let us REMOVE software that we decide we don’t want.
We don’t even get an option to refuse the adware part of the so called “update”
please READ all my posts BEFORE you try to flame me. it only makes you look foolish.
i have games that ONLY work while online so i am FORCED to click the “agree” option or i can not play those games I PAID FOR any more. (example: MAG, DC Online, Freerealms)
A DELETE “OPTION” for the removal of any content ON MY SYSTEM is all i want so i am not FORCED to see those damned adds (even when off line BTW!) in my face ALL THE TIME! ( and should not even have to be asking in the first place!)

+ DECKIE123 on September 20th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

When are you guys gonna make an update that will satisfy us by bringing more features instead of updating just to stop the hacks? Cause “system stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved” Is some BS, I thought you guys fixed that before?

+ champ_pa on September 20th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

cool

+ justicelord on September 20th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

HEY MORE FREE STUFF RESIDENT EVIL 4 WOULD BE GOOD

+ PrimeroIncognito on September 20th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

@KingRawle68

It’s not just you, I noticed it too. The PS3 seemed to boot up faster after I installed the update. Everything on the XMB is loading slightly faster. I played Red Dead Redemption for a bit and when I hit the PS button to quit, the icons loaded faster than usual. After quitting the game, the main XMB screen came back faster too. I entered the store, then exited. Again, the XMB loaded faster than before upon exiting the store. Everything just feels smoother. I like it. It’s a good update as far as I’m concerned. These complainers are beyond absurd.

@Rodney773

Dude… just stop… is it really that much of a problem? (That’s a rhetorical question. Don’t answer, just think about it.) There are little children starving in Ethiopia, and your biggest problem of the day is that there’s a couple of extra icons on your PS3′s XMB? You gotta be kidding me. Appreciate what you have.

+ Poochi_The_Dog on September 20th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Sony when are you going to add the ability to create video playlists? Picture and music playlists have been out for ages. Storing mts vids from my Sony camcorder is a major pain without this feature! These minor updates should be totally optional.

+ ODINGameslayer on September 20th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

@tw1zm: What’s your opinion of that headset? I’m interested, but I’ve been looking for user reviews before I plunk down a big bill for it.

+ rivencleft on September 20th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Pointless, yet once again..

+ PrimeroIncognito on September 20th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Oh yeah, one more thing Rodney…

Yeah, you paid for your PS3, but just remember that Sony PROVIDED the service to you, and all of us. It’s their invention, it’s their product, and they can make it how they want. If you don’t like it, you can get rid of it. Sell it to someone who will appreciate it. No one is forcing you to go through all that stress you’re apparently enduring…

And that’s all I’m going to say to you. I’m not going to stick around to argue with you. Bye.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Off-topic question for anyone in the know: Does anyone know the release date for BurgerTime World Tour on PSN? All I’ve been able to find is “Q3 2011″, and of course, September is the final month of the 3rd Quarter…

+ ccrogers15 on September 20th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

people, STOP asking for PS2 stuff. Its NOT gonna happen. The ps2 uses a chip called emotion which is not in PS3 slim. So even if they did ps2 emulation, you would have to have the chip. EPSXE2 for PC is an emulator however runs it differently due to ram, but if a PS3 ran PS2 games without emotion chip it would lag so bad it would be pointless to even do. Also stop asking to remove cinivia. If you dont want your movie to stop playing on your PS3 or the audio disabled, BUY the movie for god sakes!

ALso mr linkinpark0707. Lie much? You sent me a message on my PSN to stop trolling. IM NOT TROLLING. Then i told you i was grief reporting you, and you tried to cover it up and lie saying wrong person. OK! Reported and Blocked!

+ SYRIOpr on September 20th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

If some guys keep asking that Sony brings cross game chat like the xbox it will not happen Sony already announce it in IGN. I think the ps3 will be better of without some lame cross game chating like the xbox. Who want to here your friend playing a game saying stupid things who needs that really. At least they are improving their own hardware which is awesome really.

+ JmanFuffalo on September 20th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Anyone else think it would be a good idea to integrate CLANS into the psn? I think that would be a nice competitive and social edge for sony. I still want that pony though. Don’t remember who said psn id changes, but I agree. PSN id changes ftw.

+ vGaLaXy on September 20th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

Waste…

+ QueenB82 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

@Feral_Dragon,

LMAO, oh god your comment made me laugh so hard (#50). Good to know I’m not the only on w/ those feelings, lol.

+ PEANUTBONE on September 20th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

I love to eat pizza with ranch

+ andie747 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

I think the 4.0 update will bring a whole new menu and improved things. :D

+ PEANUTBONE on September 20th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

andie747 i think i love you man

+ andie747 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

lol

+ Deathspear666 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

Needs more cow bell…

+ andie747 on September 20th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

They said cross-game chat isnt possible on ps3 due to little RAM, and therfore it will never come to ps3.

+ Pukadon on September 20th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Sony has already announced that cross-game chat isn’t possible on PS3 (but is on Vita) so please stop asking.

Anyway, I’m hoping this patch stabilized games when you hit the home button – Socom 4 is the worst. I don’t even want to try using the party system because it makes the psn network lag like crazy.

+ FireDog42 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

the XMB seems to be alittle smoother compare to 3.70. its a simple update really but where in 3.72 now only .28 more update till 4.00. and for the X game chat for ps3 will never happen, why? because of ps3′s ram. the 360 has bigger ram than ps3 why? because they have x game chat. if x game chat never excest (sorry for my spelling). then 360 will have more power in ram than ps3 in gaming. I’m suprise that microsoft never tryed to compete with nintendo and sony in the handheld gaming market. (Window Phone 7 dosent count. its a smart phone with gaming capitpilitys and its not a Pure handheld)

Plus im actually glad that the ps3 dosent and will never have cross game chat, because i dont have to hear little kids talking or complaining about stuff. and plus ps3 have something that somewhat similer to x-game-chat. its called “chaterbox” sure you have to stop and type to talk but you dont have to leave your game.

+ TF-Prime18 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

I get kicked off psn around 7pm or later in the night because i play LBP2 at that time & this started when i did the update for those FF costumes back in june or july but this only happens when i play LBP2 then once i take out the game i still get kicked off psn & it also causes me to have bad internet.But when i don’t play the game i sometimes get kicked off psn but it mostly happens when i play LBP2 also before i did that LBP2 update for those costumes i had no problems with psn around 7pm so i think that LBP2 update screwed up connection some how.So will this update fix the problems i have been having? i have good internet.

P.s thanks for the new update sony ^-^

+ greekgoddj on September 20th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

Wonder if they have fixed the broken voice chat when using DTS issue: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3884517?start=75&tstart=0

+ mew_frenger on September 20th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

x.b.o..x get gears 3, we get firmware that does nothing. yay for ps3!

+ FRANKMAN1 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

Why still asking for cross game voice chat? Its not coming. Sony announced it like a month ago. Get over it ffs

+ AaronTheRatt on September 20th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

High bitrate (above 16-20Mbps) MP4s are still broken, they worked before 3.70. I just want to be able to stream my HD Movie collection again :(

+ dudefacetimbomac on September 20th, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

Sony should listen to people for what they have to say…. At least read the comments… They only read like 3/10 of the posts… Hey, I bet that things will be better soon.. Like in Dec. Most likely in Nov..

+ mattex300 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

sweet i was hoping for new avatars as well but theres not =(

+ killer402 on September 20th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

RE DESIGN THE XMB.. MATTER FACT HOW BOUT FIXING EVERYTHING.. EVERY UPDATE IS THE SAME

+ smitty125 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

@infamousXX87XX so true

+ REDXJeenKs3000 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

@142 THAT WOULD BE AWESOME WAY BETTER THAN CROSS GAME CHAT

+ EveofLight on September 20th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

What do it do again? O_o….

Didn’t notice anything new so I guess…meh

+ jimboiscool1 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

@100 PS-God
I want that Too!!
sub-accounts to master accounts

+ jimboiscool1 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

@149 ATTILA11 you can listen to music and use xmb change your output frequency i think thats what its called its in music settings
source: my ps3

+ rockinjs864 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

can anyone tell me if this update fixed the auto upload for plus?

+ jimboiscool1 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

@276 FireDog42 text chat? my bud has the box and said we dont have that. He said it was better but caught himself and said cross game was better, but he used it once i use text chats everyday lol
(were at each others houses alot)
and i think for video chat they only have 2 people at a time

+ DanKuuga on September 20th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

The auto update feature for plus subscribers does work. Just set your system clock get the date/time through the internet. Mine works 100% since doing so.
Oh, and there will be no cross-game chat on PS3 – as mentioned by others, Sony has said it is not possible on the PS3. Proof that there is good in the universe.
I’d like to see a better internet browser, and more video/audio codec support (like for .MKV’s). I’d like more video codec support on the PSP, too, but with the Vita coming out I know that won’t happen.

+ skaterdude97 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

when are we getting cross game chat, i think we waited enough.
ill still support you sony even if we don’t get cross game chat, i can deal with it

+ namynos on September 20th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

I can confirm (auto update) works for me know. this is the first and only time it worked on its own, without doing the trick to force update it! Sony told me they knew there was a problem with some ps3 owners, and they were working on it, guess this is the fix , Thanks Sony.

+ PYTHON101 on September 20th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

Cross Game Chat isn’ a big deal but for those who care it would be nice to have but there is hardware limitation which for the life of me can’t figure out why Sony would go with 256MB of RAM heck my phone as double that and my tablet has 1GB although it was made around 2006 which isn’t an excuse since 360 has double and probably price was a concern for Sony.

The point is the Browser sucks its just outdated and if there are no plans to fix it might as well remove it and free up some space and facebook is a joke should have been optional like other services instead of cluttering the weak design of the XMB which needs an overhaul and a thought for the wise remove the option while in game that we cant use. I love you guys and know you can do better .

+ RICKYB1990TDOT on September 20th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

ITS NOT UPDATING MY PS3 ANYONE WITH SUGGESTIONS I CANT PLAY ONLINE BECAUSE OF THIS NEW F***** UPDATE

+ mrhalford on September 20th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

What a bunch of whiny little pissheads. Just be happy the updates and psn are free. You could always go to microsoft and pay for everything. I for one am glad sony at least cares enough to update regularly and for free.

+ Demonicshadows2 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Can the next update make me dinner?

stop crying about updates

+ ursinhomalvado on September 20th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

After the update my Netflix, for the first time, gives-me a message saying that “connection was lost” and after that my PS3 reboots itself.
An update that gives us nothing and causes us trouble… What about TEST before release updates?! Any idea about when this problem will be solved?

+ wolfman-11 on September 20th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

OMG….. Croos- Game chat more like cross out game chat. Why do people still ask for it? PS even came out and said ” Cross-Game chat is impossible on PS3 because of RAM space” quote me if im wrong! If u dont know what RAM is look it up. PS3 all you need to do is take of the chat lobbies and camera lobbies and there you got more! My opinion please comment if im wrong! THANKS!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8