PS4-The Order

Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection DLC Brings 5 New Zombie Maps Tonight

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Sep 21, 2011 // Community Manager, Activision

Rezurrection_Moon_2

You know, zombies have to take a lot of heat from the living. I mean, is it their fault that they are doomed to roam the earth, lurching from brain to brain in a murderous rampage? They’re doing the best they can with the hand they’ve been dealt.

That’s why I’m asking you, the PS3 community, to welcome some zombies into your home this weekend. The Rezurrection DLC pack comes out today for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and it contains five maps that many will approach as a thrilling first-person horror experience – or maybe, just maybe, it could be a very special chance to connect with the dearly departed.

Rezurrection_Nacht_1Rezurrection_Verruckt_1

Four of the maps are a joyous reunion anyway; they’re upgraded and remastered versions of levels first seen in Call of Duty: World at War. There’s Nacht der Untoten, which some see as a desperate standoff in a dilapidated building, but could just be the perfect place for zombie peace talks. In Verruckt, how do you know the asylum isn’t just a nice, padded place for a zombie nap? Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp – a relaxing vacation spot for you to get to know your new friends. And Der Reise is a huge factory – basically, you’re inviting yourself into the zombies’ home. Be a polite guest by not blasting their faces off with a shotgun, huh?

The fifth map is all-new – a trip to the Moon, where you will be forced to interact with your zombie friends in a whole new way. Zero gravity looks like fun, plus you get to play with new toys like the Wave Gun and the Quantum Entanglement Device. Don’t you think your putrefying pals would like to have a turn, too?

Rezurrection_Shi No Numa_2Rezurrection_Der Riese_1

My point is, this new batch of content represents a fantastic opportunity for greater understanding. The zombies are making the effort to be your friend – that’s why they’re stumbling directly toward you. They come bearing gifts! Who do you think suggested that Rezurrection include a free Zombies soundtrack and a Moon theme on PS3? And who said “Hey, if you already have the first four maps from the Hardened or Prestige Editions of Black Ops, you can download Moon, the soundtrack, and the theme for free?” That’s right. And think about how you’ve been repaying them for that kindness – with headshots. Splattery, splattery headshots!

Trying to eat your brain is just a zombie’s way of seeking knowledge, direct from the source. Tonight, grab the Rezurrection DLC pack and learn more about zombies — and give the zombies a chance to learn more about you. I think you’ll find that the screeching, lumbering undead are just like you and me; it’s what’s inside that counts. And since they’re zombies, you can easily see their insides.

PAGE 1 13 14 15

+ R3d-Taz_lp3 on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:19 am said:

But there still learning

+ R3d-Taz_lp3 on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

i wonder if there will be a double xp weekend

+ gabor96 on September 23rd, 2011 at 5:38 am said:

When it will be double xp?

+ WastelandDan on September 23rd, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

We’re my other four maps?! I have never used a dowloadlist before?! I can’t read a post?! REALLY?!

LoL, the intelligence of the typical COD fan is SSSssooooo entertaining…also the inconsideration of the Devs for making them jump into their download list for something they JUST bought…it’s all hilarious to watch.

BF…

+ PRK-KBRN on September 23rd, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I aint gonna but anything from treyarch. Have they fix the multiplayer lag? noooooooooooooooooooooo. its simple. u dont take care of the people and we (the people) wont buy anything from u. Me personally, wont buy another treyarch game ever.

+ ThugWarrior on September 23rd, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

It’s Double XP NOW!!! also Nuketown 24/7

+ eweezy4899 on September 23rd, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

i went to go buy a visa card to buy this map pack and then when i got home my card didn’t work ;(

+ Lil-ManWGT on September 24th, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

can somone help me in shangri la thx reply in my account not in this blog….

+ Lil-ManWGT on September 24th, 2011 at 12:08 am said:

not account lol gamertag

+ Lil-ManWGT on September 24th, 2011 at 12:18 am said:

i need help in the easter egg ( Time Travel Will Tell )

+ BSLucky14 on September 24th, 2011 at 1:35 am said:

Hey Who is down to try to complete the eater egg for the new map “moon” send me a message to my PSN ID!

+ Smurflette06 on September 24th, 2011 at 3:23 am said:

I thought I would be able to buy moon only.. this is dumb I paid for the other maps with world at war. And I have to buy them again… Stupid

+ TONY-Q on September 24th, 2011 at 6:59 am said:

@Smurflette06

u dont have to pay for moon… if u have the classic maps moon is free.

+ TONY-Q on September 24th, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

unless ur actually talkin about the dlc from W@W, then yes u have to buy them again for black ops.

+ D3FlaNT703 on September 24th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

I order the prestige edition for Black ops and i still can’t download the ZOMBIE maps for free????

+ TONY-Q on September 24th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

@D3FlaNT703

this is what dan says for prestige edition…

“When the new content is posted to the PS Store, and Black Ops recognizes that you have the maps from the Hardened or Prestige code that came with your game, you will be able to download Moon as its own map from the Store. Check the Black Ops download section once the full Rezurrection pack is posted.”

+ pcdcpa on September 24th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Ok, if you guys want to know how to download everything here is what to do: First you purchase the add-on as you would normally. Next, you download each one from your download list one at a time the entire add-on is in parts. Go to the PS Store and go to the download list and everything that was purchased should be there. Moon the four original maps the theme and the soundtrack. You just have to download them one @ a time. I hope I could help.

+ pcdcpa on September 24th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

PS: I don’t have hardened or prestige edition, but im sure you could do the same thing

+ SmG_KiDd-96 on September 24th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

i cant wait to get this map pack but sadly i cant get it right now -_-

+ XxFreak— on September 24th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

This is dumb I just downloaded and saw the trophy list and I noticed only 6 trophies while the 360 version has 7 achievements whats up with that why do they get 2 easter eggs while we only get 1? Whats the deal sony?

+ E-Phoenix- on September 24th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

Sold this garbage a long time ago.

+ snakehunter12 on September 24th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

cod is sooooooooooooo poor they always make us pay for maps that aren’t worth it that drives me crazy plus they dont even prefect before they relase it

+ snakehunter12 on September 24th, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

will sony get us a deal that xbox 360 got that they get maps 1 month before appreciate a resopnse

+ snakehunter12 on September 24th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

is the xbox deal that they get maps 1 month before us still valid

+ snakehunter12 on September 24th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

hope not

+ K3skating on September 25th, 2011 at 1:24 am said:

theme sucks ass btw…

+ BlitzCreech on September 25th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

I bought this map pack yesterday if any one reads this comment send me a friend request and I’ll be happy to play

+ bananabread4life on September 25th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

I downloaded the map pack and I still dint get the waw maps can somebody tell me why?

+ wowowowo1 on September 25th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

you know what would be sweet is if the weekend before mw3 comes out that blackops does triple XP!

+ tolalol on September 25th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

Best map pack ever!!!!

+ TONY-Q on September 25th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

hells ya!

+ Red_beastin on September 25th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

Too bad my ps3 isn’t working. It turns on for a 3 seconds and then turns off. I wonder where I can take it to repair.

+ R3d-Taz_lp3 on September 26th, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

They r thinking about makeing a call of duty black ops 2 in november 2012 Awesome

+ stiff_twig on September 26th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

Oh happy day! The new Zombie maps are out! Unfortuneatly, after the last PS3 update, my system died. I should be able to download it it 7-10 working days from when Sony receives my system to repair it. I’ll let you know what I think of the new maps then.

+ RUBDOG_SFP on September 26th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

hey I have a great idea they should make a free map for those who really put in time playing and finish all the prestigements. what do you think?

+ Scrubber34 on September 29th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

Moon Der riese Great Maps and the other maps too

+ Scrubber34 on September 29th, 2011 at 6:36 am said:

ZCODL what does that means?

+ itz_Lui on September 29th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

i need a zombie team to play moon with me you gona need mic and be good at zombie mod

+ TONY-Q on September 29th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

why cant they make zombies so players can jump in n out like multiplayer… really gettin sick of all the little girl hosts who jus decide to leave when they start suckin or cant hang with the rest of the team playin. im really startin to wish i never spent they effin money i did on this these DLCs. i spend more time lookin for people to play with n when i finally find people to play with we get like 5 mins into the game in some A hole host decides to quit… so then i gotta spend another 20mins to a half n hour lookin to play again.

+ TONY-Q on September 29th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

yea i could play solo, but co-op is more fun, (if u can find the right group of people to play with.) i got so mad last night tryin to play, after a total of 2 hrs n only actually playin for like a half an hour. i jus turned the game off. got tired of lookin for people to play with. i swear man… lol, i got like 5 or 6 games in a row where the hosts ready up n then 2 to 5 mins into the game jus quit. god that p i s s e d me off!!! ne ways, jus wanted to vent a little. sorry if i sound like a cry baby, lol. im jus aggravated that i dropped $120 dollars into this GD game n cant play it the way its supposed to be played. anyone else agree?? get rid of the stupid host thing n let players come n go as they please!! with out ending the match for everyone else.

+ TONY-Q on September 29th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

@Scrubber34

it stands for CALL OF DUTY ZOMBIE LABS. gotta look at it from top to bottom instead of left to right. the guy says it at the begining of the video.

+ droptheweapon187 on October 2nd, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

You no i cant get my add on to black ops waw maps.Why?

+ insianperson22 on October 13th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

the moon is great one of the best ones!!!

PAGE 1 13 14 15