PS4-The Order

Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection DLC Brings 5 New Zombie Maps Tonight

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Sep 21, 2011 // Community Manager, Activision

Rezurrection_Moon_2

You know, zombies have to take a lot of heat from the living. I mean, is it their fault that they are doomed to roam the earth, lurching from brain to brain in a murderous rampage? They’re doing the best they can with the hand they’ve been dealt.

That’s why I’m asking you, the PS3 community, to welcome some zombies into your home this weekend. The Rezurrection DLC pack comes out today for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and it contains five maps that many will approach as a thrilling first-person horror experience – or maybe, just maybe, it could be a very special chance to connect with the dearly departed.

Rezurrection_Nacht_1Rezurrection_Verruckt_1

Four of the maps are a joyous reunion anyway; they’re upgraded and remastered versions of levels first seen in Call of Duty: World at War. There’s Nacht der Untoten, which some see as a desperate standoff in a dilapidated building, but could just be the perfect place for zombie peace talks. In Verruckt, how do you know the asylum isn’t just a nice, padded place for a zombie nap? Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp – a relaxing vacation spot for you to get to know your new friends. And Der Reise is a huge factory – basically, you’re inviting yourself into the zombies’ home. Be a polite guest by not blasting their faces off with a shotgun, huh?

The fifth map is all-new – a trip to the Moon, where you will be forced to interact with your zombie friends in a whole new way. Zero gravity looks like fun, plus you get to play with new toys like the Wave Gun and the Quantum Entanglement Device. Don’t you think your putrefying pals would like to have a turn, too?

Rezurrection_Shi No Numa_2Rezurrection_Der Riese_1

My point is, this new batch of content represents a fantastic opportunity for greater understanding. The zombies are making the effort to be your friend – that’s why they’re stumbling directly toward you. They come bearing gifts! Who do you think suggested that Rezurrection include a free Zombies soundtrack and a Moon theme on PS3? And who said “Hey, if you already have the first four maps from the Hardened or Prestige Editions of Black Ops, you can download Moon, the soundtrack, and the theme for free?” That’s right. And think about how you’ve been repaying them for that kindness – with headshots. Splattery, splattery headshots!

Trying to eat your brain is just a zombie’s way of seeking knowledge, direct from the source. Tonight, grab the Rezurrection DLC pack and learn more about zombies — and give the zombies a chance to learn more about you. I think you’ll find that the screeching, lumbering undead are just like you and me; it’s what’s inside that counts. And since they’re zombies, you can easily see their insides.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 15

+ Twice_the_A on September 21st, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

u see we u make a comment it shows what time ur comment was made… thts the ps3 time soo when tht says 12:00am thts wen the maps are released

+ Mr_Bipolar on September 21st, 2011 at 11:10 pm said:

Seriously? How many maps are you gonna produce for this game. I can appreciate the people like myself who play this game.

But you rather have sent a lot maps out already. I know Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be coming out sometime this end year. Wonder what you will bring for that.

Just saying I think it is a little much to produce map after map after map. Give it a rest already.

Got some good venues, but if you think of anymore. That’s fine.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on September 21st, 2011 at 11:43 pm said:

It’s funny, because if a popular game is not supported with frequent fresh content, fans get angry. Here, you’re annoyed that there’s too much content, which is…well, like I said, a little funny.

If it’s of interest to you, buy it; if it’s not of interest to you, don’t…and in that case, why would it bother you if it existed anyway? :)

+ KingThrashin on September 21st, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

This Blows…I Want My Free Map Already..

+ AkilistheWarrior on September 21st, 2011 at 11:12 pm said:

ok cool, so we have 50mins left, nice thanks for the info!!!

+ youngheezzy on September 21st, 2011 at 11:14 pm said:

its 2.14 in the morning where i am and its still not out

+ WRATHofAHMED on September 21st, 2011 at 11:19 pm said:

it’s 22nd september and the map pack isn’t available yet here in the middle east

+ THE-KING-876 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:21 pm said:

^^

لا تتعب نفسك ماهي نازله الحين يمكن بعد ساعه

+ MlKE_W0LF on September 21st, 2011 at 11:28 pm said:

omg dan you did a really good job on this posting. I like your style of writing and I look forward to more of the same. Keep up the good work dude and soon you’ll be editor in chief.

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on September 21st, 2011 at 11:44 pm said:

Thanks. I like to have fun with the blog posts when it makes sense. I think a lot of fans knew the maps were coming, so I hoped I could get away with having a little fun in-between recapping what they probably already knew.

+ Donald-Bent on September 21st, 2011 at 11:29 pm said:

it is friggen 3:30 AM here and this dam map pack aint even here yet like wtf this aint very cool like xbox 360 gets it way before us and we have to wait in the middle of the dam night for it like what the hell?

+ jccjr1982 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

Crap should I redeem my Prestige code before this update? I’m figuring that I might as well wait until after so I can queue and download everything at once (from what I read somewhere official not too long ago is that you need to go into your download history and re-download the items associated with the Hardened/Prestige codes redemption, and it will include the new Rezurrection content this time around)

Dan Amrich's Avatar

+ Dan Amrich on September 21st, 2011 at 11:46 pm said:

If you have not used your Hardened/Prestige code yet, you should be able to get all five maps by redeeming it once the new content is out. If you have already used it, then you’ll be able to download the other map individually. Either way is valid for getting the content; it’s all in how you wanna do it.

The “redownload the old content” was the 360 method, but I do not believe it is the PS3 method. I think you only have to download the stuff you do not already own.

+ KurtMagirt on September 21st, 2011 at 11:31 pm said:

What time does the new zombies maps come out?

+ TRUMVST on September 21st, 2011 at 11:33 pm said:

what up its 22 we wait on new map gone be on

+ ZiTo_HiMSeLF on September 21st, 2011 at 11:36 pm said:

Hopefully we get it at midnight pacific time! Thanks for keeping us updated Dan Amrich! I was checkin JD’s twitter for any updates,

+ mekka187 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:38 pm said:

is it out yet???

+ flettboy115 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:40 pm said:

wonder if its free to get. i wish

+ BADASSABE on September 21st, 2011 at 11:40 pm said:

10-15 more mins hopefully.

+ KurtMagirt on September 21st, 2011 at 11:41 pm said:

Hmm I don’t think it’s coming out tonight like some of us thought.. Kinda messed up in a way.. People have waited and waited

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:41 pm said:

Come on Moon!!! ARRRGGG This is frustrating….6:40PM Sept 22nd in New Zealand… still no map… please become available in 20min… please…

+ Best_2_Eva_Doit on September 21st, 2011 at 11:42 pm said:

Will there be an update when map pack becomes available?

+ GentleFire_TJ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:42 pm said:

Is this DLC gonna be in PSN at 12.00?

+ KurtMagirt on September 21st, 2011 at 11:44 pm said:

It’s almost 2:00am central time and nada

+ BADASSABE on September 21st, 2011 at 11:44 pm said:

Man, i hope the New Moon Theme is dynamic theme. Does anybody know?

+ Wingzeroxone on September 21st, 2011 at 11:45 pm said:

i think it comes out at 12 am pst

+ KurtMagirt on September 21st, 2011 at 11:46 pm said:

Lol come on Dan!?… Can u tell us when it will be ready for DLC from the PS store? Thanks :)

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

I would say that when these posts say 22nd sept 12:00am we will all get access… crossing my fingers

+ Lil-ManWGT on September 21st, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

is there going to be new zombies maps in the future?

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:51 pm said:

Nope pretty sure this is the last Zombie launch for Black Ops… then I’d say they’ll start on the next game release.

+ PoisoN_Ass_GaS on September 21st, 2011 at 11:53 pm said:

LOL, If only so many people were lined up and so anxious to get a job, perhaps the unemployment rate wouldn’t be so high today! ;-) Hehehe.

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

hahahahahaha

+ mekka187 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

@175 you got a good damn point… lol

+ usmanx93 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

@ Lil-ManWGT NO, this is the last COD black ops map pack! i didnt belive it at first so i called Treyarc and conformed this statement :( dam still not released yet! Anyone know for sure what time its suppose be released! its 11:54 PM HERE!

+ kirkykid on September 21st, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

i want that new map moon what ever its called!!

+ KurtMagirt on September 21st, 2011 at 11:56 pm said:

@poison lol

+ usmanx93 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:56 pm said:

moon looks sick! gimmme

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 21st, 2011 at 11:58 pm said:

4 Min…. please please please

+ Lil-ManWGT on September 21st, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

not for black ops i mean another COD that has zombies

+ buncj013 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

1min

+ flettboy115 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

any one want to game share?give me your email and password and im not a haker

+ buncj013 on September 21st, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

maps?

+ PoisoN_Ass_GaS on September 21st, 2011 at 11:59 pm said:

ALL of you people who obviously love zombies so much… Make ‘DAM’ sure that you watch the TV show “The Walking Dead” on AMC. Next month is the second season, and last years first season is now on DVD/Blu-Ray and on the PS Store if you missed it. KILLER TV SHOW! It’s freakishly awesome and better then ANY zombie movie ever made. Oh, and I’m sure the new map will be out any minute… happy zombie hunting to all!

+ usmanx93 on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:00 am said:

Heard battlefield 3 is suppose to be better then MWF3 this time around! it was leaked that activision employees who helped made MWF2 as good as it was were fired, so they switched around and helped make battlefield 3! i honestly havent ever played any battlefield game but im looking forward to this one!

+ blbyir on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:00 am said:

what time it going to be out in E.U? plz tell me i want to get it

+ KurtMagirt on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:01 am said:

The only reason I ever bought world at war is because I love zombie movies and games. So when I herd W@W would have endless zombies I had to buy. Same for Black OPS, just for the zombies.. Best game ever!!!

+ XSDRFTNZ on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:02 am said:

Anyone able to access? Posts say its after 12am…

+ PoisoN_Ass_GaS on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:02 am said:

These are the same zombie maps as in World at War plus the new Moon one right? But aren’t the WAW zombie maps in this expansion supposed to be a lot better graphics or something?

+ usmanx93 on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

NOPE still not released well hopes up for 1:00 am :)

+ usmanx93 on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

@PoisoN_Ass_GaS better graphics and comes with perks :D

+ KurtMagirt on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

@poison.. Oh yeah for sure..

+ usmanx93 on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 am said:

@blbyir shud come out in an hour where u live

+ Best_2_Eva_Doit on September 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

So Nacht der untoten has perks now?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 15