PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

NEW PlayStation 3 UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Bundle Coming Soon

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on Sep 21, 2011 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Like UNCHARTED

SO3720_PS3_MOVE_BNDL_MB36

This year’s most highly anticipated game is only 41 days away, and like many of you, I’m counting down the time until it gets here! To coincide with the launch, we’re bringing you the PlayStation 3 UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Bundle. This limited edition bundle brings together the action and adventure of UNCHARTED 3 with a 320GB PlayStation 3 system. On top of that, we’re giving you a month of PlayStation Plus, our premium subscription service that offers added features including automatic downloads and online storage for game saves, free games, huge discounts, great exclusives, early access to demos and priority beta invites, and full game trials.

Here at PlayStation, we’re always looking for ways to make it easy for you to enjoy our most anticipated games. If you’re new to the PlayStation family, there’s no better time to pick up a PS3 system. The PlayStation 3 UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Bundle will be available at retailers nationwide for $299.99.

Are you excited for UNCHARTED 3? What do you plan to do with your month of PlayStation Plus? Let us know!

171 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ yazter on September 21st, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

PS Plus for just one month? :/

+ chriz704 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Now that’s a sexy bundle! playstation FTW!

Chris

+ Myke-Myke on September 21st, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

Nice bundle but you coulda had a different color system…

+ AROD_1 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

nice :)

+ qwertyuiop357 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

WHOA dang, that is awesome! Shame I already preordered the Collector’s Edition. I think I’ll upgrade my PS3 in a year or so. Mine is pretty old, and I think I’ll get this bundle (if it’s still around). Will it still be around by next August or so?

+ SpyDudeFX on September 21st, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

The bundles are nice but why don’t we get special edition console designs? new colors?

+ freakyzeeky on September 21st, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

What’s that along the bottom of the system? o.O

+ BreavmanKnows on September 21st, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

who’s not gonna want that

+ etur0 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

I might get this since I want the game and I need a new ps3 mine has be broken since May I just haven’t got the money to buy me a new one and I don’t want a refurbish one

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 21st, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Great bundle, awesome value for new buyers

+ PatriotEyez27 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

Nice.

It doesn’t need fancy skinned controllers/consoles to look good :P

41 days is still a long time :(

+ SpyDudeFX on September 21st, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

@freakyzeeky That’s the official ps3 vertical stand for $20

+ maxvtec on September 21st, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

COME ON SONY YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT XBOX DOES TO THERE CONSOLES, LOOK AT THE GEARS OF WAR, HALO ECT, IM DISSAPOINTED.

+ XxSTMELVINxX on September 21st, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

that will sell well around the holidays plus you’d save $10 if you bought the bundle instead of buying each separately (not including tax). will this bundle include that “creepy crawler” kickback you get from pre-ordering elsewhere?

+ ButtersThaatsMe on September 21st, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

That’s a great deal! If you want a fancy paint job on your PS3, paint it yourself or buy a skin.

+ BioStormX on September 21st, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Seems like the Japanese PS3 bundles always get cool console art :/

+ TheGuardianFID on September 21st, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

NIIIIICE, and very smart!!! 8)

+ SlaughteredNinja on September 21st, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

Hmm maybe I’ll just get the Collector’s Edition of UNCHARTED 3. This got me thinking about it. Hope I have the money by then.

+ Mijeme on September 21st, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Overrated

+ etur0 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

@XxSTMELVINxX actually you get the game for free since the 320gig ps3 model sells for $300 the 160gig is the one that sells for $250

+ Xx_STGR_xX on September 21st, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

wow thanks playstation my friend will want this since he will get a ps3 this year

+ SPOPS on September 21st, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

Nice deal for those who do not already have a PS3. I have had mine since launch and even upgraded to a Slim…

+ guitarded77 on September 21st, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

@18 You’re overrated…

I already have 2 PS3s, but I’ll be forwarding this post to all my friends that still need to jump in.

+ fortune0116 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

please sony change the color or make it a skinned uncharted ps3

+ Ekisperto on September 21st, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

It would be more awesome if the PS3 got paint/sticker-covered

+ Butters360 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

Beautiful bundle. The only thing that could make it better is if the PS3 was a Special Edition.

+ Rorek_IronBlood on September 21st, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

That is a crappy bundle. Plain and simple. How, come we can never get a real bundle? Microsoft certainly knows how, to bundle a system and over in Japan they certainly know how, to bundle up a PlayStation system. So, I have to ask why I get the feeling that over here in America Sony is just being “lazy”?

Weak sauce Sony.

+ WastelandDan on September 21st, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

It’s a game thrown into a box.

Bundle, yes. Special, no.

These should be aimed somewhat more at the fans of the included game series also, not just their new/ potential xbox converts. You could get all three types of costumers. current ones again,new ones, and converted ones.

It’s so obvious that all they care about is new/converted customers with them never spicing up the console body or the included game to a point it’s unique to the bundle and series of game.

+ JLP_M on September 21st, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

@6

That is what I’m saying, give us some sort of design on the console. Hell I’m sure people who already have a Xbox buy a new one just because of the design.

+ zech678 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

nice

+ mystikalguy on September 21st, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Its a nice bundle….But i like the City of Immeasurable Wealth part more :P

+ rockinjs864 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

Does look nice would have me sold if it was a different color being i just bought a 320 GB and have the collector’s edition pre-ordered think about that sony $300 more just for a different color

+ knicksrulez220 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

Guys I love Uncharted and I love PS3, so I hope this snares more potential consumers to enjoy Playstation. But I wonder why you guys didn’t make this special colors? Look at Microsoft’s Gears Bundle. Not only will that bundle snare new consumers, but also current Gears fans. I think you guys missed an oppurtunity to sell a bundle like that to existing Uncharted super fans.

But like I said before, its a fantastic deal for new consumers.

+ twistedfloyd on September 21st, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

Wow, that’s a great bundle for anyone who doesn’t have a PS3. Nice going Sony, this’ll reel in folks who are questioning whether or not to jump into the PS3.

+ XxSTMELVINxX on September 21st, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

@etur0 Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about the price drops on the PS3 systems.

+ vza004 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:41 pm said:

I love my 80GB PS3 but I might just get this to change out my old one to only use it as a blu-ray player in the living room for my parents.

+ D-Squad3 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

Why is everyone praising this? This is a bad thing, Sony is being lazy with their consoles. In Japan they get special PS3s with designs on them while the bundles here are nothing but normal looking PS3s. Just like the inFAMOUS 2 bundle.

You guys should how should I say it? “Step your game up”.

+ adolson on September 21st, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

“This year’s most highly anticipated game is only 41 days away”

SKYRIM GOT BUMPED UP!?

+ ManaKnight on September 21st, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

I wish they gave the PS3 a special casing. I guarantee it would really sell like hotcakes (I’d buy it). Uncharted 3 is a great bundled item.

+ FireShdw on September 21st, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Come on Sony, this is one of your biggest games on the platform. Why not do something BIGGER with this? Like maybe, putting some sort of art on the actual system and controller. A different color maybe, at the least.

+ jimboiscool1 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

UNCHARTED 3!!!!!!!!!!

+ dreww3 on September 21st, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

great publicity for UC3..

not nearly enough people know how amazing uncharted is

+ YungShep on September 21st, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

the bundle boxes are always awesome..i want to get another ps3, which would make it my third :) love sony

+ LilWayneSuckz on September 21st, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

Sony you should redesign the consoles & controllers to suit the game that would give people even more of an incentive to buy these bundles.

-The Infamous 2 bundle should have had a blue PS3 with lightning all around it with the word “Infamous” on it alongside a Dualshock 3 with the same pattern

-The LittleBigPlanet 2 bundle should had various Sackboys printed all over it

-A “Last Guardian” bundle should have a beautiful scenic area from the game printed on the PS3 with the title of the game printed on it.

Give people a reason to buy these bundles…make them limited and desirable to a wide audience.

+ Hokage_45678 on September 21st, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

each time I listen about a new epic game. I hope for my PS3 to not die! its going to be 3 years old next week

+ BJtheLegend on September 21st, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

wow!!!!

+ GILLIGAN- on September 21st, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Why couldn’t there have been these bundles during either of the times I bought my ps3s. I wish there was some retroactive discount or something.

+ Genexi2 on September 21st, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen the vertical stand for PS3 Slim in a store.

At any rate, Uncharted 3 is begging for a pack-in with that Sony 3DTV coming out.

+ Shishimo9000 on September 21st, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

.@ anyone saying hey it should be a limited edition console or special color etc. I think sony is smart for not doing that. Limited edition things that come out this late in somethings life span just piss people off sure some will buy a second console to have it and it may drive sales for a bit but anyone who was an earlier adopter is put off that they got the console at the beginning and now the late adopters paying less are getting the “better” stuff. Think about buying a shitty original Xbox 360 at release thing sounded like a jet taking off has a high chance at red ringing or disc drive failure. A few years later they release a quieter safer better looking console for $200 less and now the earlier adopter feel like they were shit on because there 747 backup heater with limited cargo space is still working and they have no need to upgrade. Things like multiple generations of Ipads and Ipods put users at the same feeling screwed position (i just don’t get why people keep buying the [DELETED])

I am a huge fan of the way Sony does business and even if its not intentional they are very nice to their earlier adopters and do a good job of not making them regret their day 1 purchases of their products.

+ WastelandDan on September 21st, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I can’t believe how many positive posts there are for this nothing special bundle.

It would have sold so much more if the outside was all stony/mineral looking with golden PS3 emblems(not real gold). And really how expensive could it be to put another dye mixture into the plastic molds?

And all you Sony friendly/die hard Drake fans want nothing like that? Your content slowly clapping your hands saying “good job Sony, whatever kinda card board box will you think up next??”

The whole Drake fan base should be up asking for more, look what you did for PS3, and you don’t even get a unique system bundle. I really think you guys should.

It dosnt really effect me though as I do not play uncharted…I want this for YOU. To bad Sony don’t…

PAGE 1 2 3 4