PS4-The Order

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy Deploys on PS3 Blu-ray, PSN Tuesday

Alex Monney's Avatar + Posted by Alex Monney on Sep 26, 2011 // PR Specialist, Ubisoft

Reliving classic gaming memories is one of my favorite things to do. I vividly remember playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on PlayStation 2. Did I have a ton of fun? Yes. How long did I have Sam Fisher fumble around in those curtains? Way too long. Would I want to do that all over again with HD and 3D? Absolutely.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy for PS3

The time has come, because Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy finally comes to the PS3 on Tuesday. Tuesday. Even better, we will be launching simultaneously in stores and on the PlayStation Store. Relive the experiences of Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory all in one overstuffed bundle.

The Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Trilogy will be available at your favorite gaming store and the PlayStation Store for $39.99. I think what makes reliving old gaming memories is hearing other’s experiences. What did you all think of the original Splinter Cell trilogy? I still need to play the first two so stay away from spoilers, por favor.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy for PS3

PAGE 1 2 3

+ RE_Player on September 26th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

Never played any of them but I wanna pick this up. Any idea of the size it will be on PSN? Might have to start making room on my hard drive.

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

The total should come in around 11GB.

+ Mobius2525 on September 26th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

So many good games coming out October if this game wasn’t delayed so much would have pick it up but now i am hoping this will be on sale Black Friday at $19.99

+ BLEACH-Fan on September 26th, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

Is it true these are PC ports?

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Confirmed! We used the PC versions of the games for this trilogy as they provided the best quality.

+ LAAG64 on September 26th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

its a real bummer about the lack of multiplayer.

+ MarkakaJin on September 26th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

Not sure if I want to get this next month, the first one alone. I’ll just have to wait tomorrow and see what happens.

+ CaptainJeff87 on September 26th, 2011 at 7:34 am said:

Will we be able to buy each game individually on PSN or do we have to buy the whole series?

Just wondering as I haven’t played the series much and it’d be nice to only buy the first one instead of all three because if I end up not liking it, that’s a waste of $40 for two other games I’m not going to play.

+ soldiercell on September 26th, 2011 at 7:34 am said:

Love the series! But conviction was a bust! heck even Double agent wasn’t very good but better than conviction!

+ Altair0115 on September 26th, 2011 at 7:44 am said:

EFF YES. These games were a great alternative stealth series for me back in the 2000s.

I’m curious to see how slicing someone’s neck will look like in 3D!

+ ChristopherWLong on September 26th, 2011 at 7:49 am said:

Been delayed so much I almost forgot about it.

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Glad I was here to remind you! :)

+ Hitokiri_03 on September 26th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Don’t buy it, they are bad PC ports: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-hd-remasters

Support the good remasters like God of War and ICO SoTC.

+ nateprokrasti on September 26th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Is there a discount for Plus Subscribers?

+ StealthBlade98 on September 26th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

yea these are the HD ports of the PC versions. Not that I might though :P

+ Maverick10 on September 26th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

I’m pretty stoked for this actually

+ KeefRiffards on September 26th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

Cool. The Ico/SOTC Collection is a larger priority, and would also prefer the MGS Collection, but I am always down for HD remakes of solid titles. Keep it up Sony.

+ gor1llap1mp on September 26th, 2011 at 8:05 am said:

Let me first say, and no not FIRST!, but first as in first off. Since it doesnt have the “Only on Playstation” banner I can assume this isnt exclusive to PS3? Second, I mean SECOND!, to the Blog team, the mobile theme on iPhone still has issues such as latency. Finally, Ive waited a while for this and saw multiple delays, hope its been worh it!

+ Hitokiri_03 on September 26th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

“Is it true these are PC ports?”

They are, but is a really bad PC ports, look at Digital Foundry vs. HD Remasters on Eurogamer site.

Support the good remasters like God of War and ICO SoTC not these one.

+ BOSTONJOHN32 on September 26th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

well i was looking forward to this trilogy but will wait because of many games which are coming out including the battlefield 3 beta etc, and when i get around to getting this , it will be at a price which will be a bit better than release price obviously. so a buy 4 me , but not now

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 26th, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

SAM WHO?…ALL IM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING REMADE IN HD IS SYPHONFILTER!!! AND REMAKE SOCOM COMBINED ASSAULT IN HD!! THAT’S ALL FOLKS!

+ Anddo on September 26th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

I’ve read some poor reviews about this..Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory being the lone exception… Hopefully they’re sold separately on PSN.

+ WastelandDan on September 26th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Do you remember how splintercell did PS3 with double agent???

Because I still do…no thanks, keep it.

+ HeavyD-Love on September 26th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

DId the fix the lack of invert Y axis in controls from UK version? If not, no sale. If yes, SOLD!

+ gor1llap1mp on September 26th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

Update

Issues with mobile theme off includes latency, yet its the only way to comment. Also, with mobile theme on comments and author job title dont display properly or at all.

Thanx!

+ MarkakaJin on September 26th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

It’s awesome to have MGS HD collection and this Splinter Cell Trilogy HD collection available for us but the Silent Hill HD collection just downright ridiculous.

I suggest Sony should bring in Fatal Frame Trilogy HD collection as well as DMC Trilogy HD collection. I’ll put my money’s worth on Fatal Fame Trilogy HD within a hearbeat.

+ HeavyD-Love on September 26th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Invert Y axis option?

+ AxelFlameWalker on September 26th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

i wish you guys would remake the Ps2 classic Kingdom Hearts for the PS3 just call it the Kingdom Hearts collection

+ AxelFlameWalker on September 26th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

and make more exclusive games that way you’ll get more PSN users

+ DrPhiill on September 26th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

Great games! can’t wait to sneak around pew pewing lightbulbs like there’s no tomorrow!

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

True story: I shoot my light bulbs out at home. I visit the hardware store at least three times a week.

+ SnakeCellXx on September 26th, 2011 at 8:50 am said:

Will they be split like GoW OC, and GoW1 & 2?? Please say yes because id rather buy Chaos Theory and 1… Didn’t care for Pandora Tomorrow except for the multiplayer….

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

The Splinter Cell Trilogy will be sold as a bundle on the PlayStation Store.

+ mew_frenger on September 26th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

HD remakes su.c.k. sorry no buy.

+ EEyu- on September 26th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

Will the multiplayer work on Pandora tomorrow? And how about in Chaos theory?

+ TallCrowe on September 26th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Looks interesting enough. Sam Fisher is what Tom Clancy would be if he wasn’t Tom Clancy. Still I’m all gung-ho for the Ico and Shadow collection.

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on September 26th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Will there be MP in Chaos Theory??

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

Sorry, there is no multiplayer included in the trilogy.

+ morph147 on September 26th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

picking it up because i never played splinter cell and looks like fun. same reason why im picking up ico collection. hoping i can beat them all before batman comes out in oct.

btw for people who are asking (@30 and 32) they already said a while back no multiplayer.

+ Ninja-KiLLR on September 26th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

so buying this.

+ ElektroDragon on September 26th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Too bad these games are ridiculously convoluted, hard to play, and new player unfriendly. I tried playing Double Agent. COULD NOT GET PAST THE TUTORIAL its so hard.

+ KazeEternal on September 26th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Sorry Ubisoft, Splinter Cell Conviction is X360 exclusive which gives me no reason to invest in the trilogy pack. No Sale.

+ heroic275 on September 26th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

sweet deal.

+ Genexi2 on September 26th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

Did they address all the horrid performance and game-corrupting problems from the European release?

+ MalcolmHB on September 26th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Brilliant… Except it is completely unplayable if you need the Y-Axis flipped :(

+ NewCode on September 26th, 2011 at 11:00 am said:

I bought all three of these when they were released on PSN in the UK.

I haven’t been able to play them as there is no Invert Y option, so they’ve been a real waste of money for me. As far as I know there is still no patch or even official confirmation that there will be a patch.

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on September 26th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

dont buy this guys. they took the online out

+ D-Squad3 on September 26th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

WHAT ABOUT TROPHIES?!!

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Do you like platinum trophies? BECAUSE THERE’S THREE OF THEM!! The trophy hunter in me is excited. :)

+ KAP on September 26th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

The UK and the rest of Europe where up in arms about no invert option for these titles a few weeks back now, any news on this as you know as much as I that you won’t here the end of this issue come tomorrow’s release.

Please answer this dude, please don’t ignore this comment because Ubisoft have been doing so ever since the PAL release.

Thanx

KAP

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on September 26th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Checking to see if I have any info regarding this. I’ll let you know what I hear.

+ xCaptainAmazing on September 26th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

I wonder if anyone can confirm if any of the issues the games previously had when released in Europe were fixed (crashes, save corruption, invert, etc).

+ GMFCO311 on September 26th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Why have I not seen this game advertised anywhere all year and it comes out tomorrow?
You guys know advertising = more sales right? All my friends who own a PS3 had no idea this was even coming out!! Time to get a new advertising rep guys!!

+ D-Squad3 on September 26th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

Very happy to know there are trophies, definitely gonna pick it up!

+ Digital-Big-Boss on September 26th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Sill no Conviction for PS3?

+ KAP on September 26th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

Thanks Alex, please get back to us because truth be told it’s all feels exciting announcing these now but wait until the US purchases these titles come tomorrow, the Y-axis issue will cause alot of unhappy customers. The same way the PAL customers complained about it.

Alex I know it might not be your fault, I overstand that but don’t you think it’ll be the right thing to mention this in your initial post, I mean when I bought these titles a few weeks back on the EU store, I was pumped, then I found I couldn’t play them due to the lack of inverted Y axis and now the trilogy is just sitting on my HDD not being able to be played.

£9.99 wasted. Down the drain. Let the US know before the same happens to them Alex.

+ PurplePigs on September 26th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

Hey Alex, I hear a lot of people from EU are having glitches, bugs, etc in the game. Any chance of a patch for the DL and the disc versions?

+ nirojan45 on September 26th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

Wow I saw this article earlier and was about to post some questions…checked back a few minutes later and they’re pretty much all answered. Way to go Alex!

PAGE 1 2 3