PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Remastered Classics Available Today: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Sep 27, 2011 // Producer, SCEA

The day we’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived! The much anticipated remastered versions of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are available today on a single Blu-ray disc. I have always been a big fan of Ueda-san and his work, and I was excited when I first heard about the project. It has been an honor to work on this collection, and I am just as excited as you all to play these new versions at home.

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3

Beginning today, you are finally be able to get your hands on the shiny new HD and 3D versions of two the most beloved video games of all time. If you’ve already played these games on PS2, now you can experience them all over again like you’ve never seen or heard them before. And if you haven’t had a chance to play these classics just yet, now’s the perfect time to experience the beautiful stories and art design of Ueda-san and his extremely talented team.

The game has been brought to new life with these enhancements and exclusive content:

• Full 1080p HD resolution
  • Stereoscopic 3D support
  • 7.1 surround sound
  • Full Trophy support, with unique trophies for each game
  • 12-minute behind-the-scenes video about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian
  • 20+ minute round table discussion between Ueda-san (Lead Designer, Director), Kaido-san (Line Producer) and Hosono-san (Designer).
  • ICO concept video
  • Shadow of the Colossus concept video
  • NICO concept video
  • Dynamic XMB themes (one for ICO, one for Shadow of the Colossus)

The disc comes with all of this for just $39.99. As if you needed any more reasons to pick up this collection, it currently has an average review score of 91, out of 35 reviews. Game Informer gave it a 9.75, saying “Playing through them again in this unbeatable package only serves as a reminder that no other developer can imitate Team Ico’s singular style.”

In celebration of the launch of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Ueda-san has kindly sent us his comments:

We’ve finally made it to the release date of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection. I would really like to especially thank the gamers, fans, and the media within North America, as the title has received such an incredible amount of support and praise from this region. I sincerely hope you will all enjoy the re-mastered collection.

I would also like to express my gratitude to the staff at Bluepoint Games and SCEA in the development and production of these titles. We were extremely lucky to be working with such talented staff. Their efforts helped the Collection exceed our highest quality expectations, as well as get though its development cycle without any major issues. I sincerely appreciate the great work done by everyone involved.

Fumito Ueda

Get ready to take the re-mastered game home and be immersed in these highly artistic and picturesque game worlds today!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ gdogg666 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

wow first for a change anywho is there a demo for both as ive never played ether ya yea ya shame it is

+ Orufonz0 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

I LOVE shadow of the colossus, and have one question, are they gonna be available in the PSN as a digital download any time soon?

+ JonJonXD on September 27th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Will this be available digitally on the PSN store?

+ Cross-Legacy on September 27th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

They’re the only games you can truly call works of art.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Thank you for your comment. Enjoy the art being brought to another level on PS3!

+ SephTiger on September 27th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

YAY, DYNAMIC THEMES~<3

+ spoonTRex on September 27th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Mine is out for delivery right now from Amazon. Can’t wait to play it after work and show them to my kids.

+ banok on September 27th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

I’m going to downtown soon and picking this up and while I’m there, I’ll try to get me one of those pass for the Uncharted 3. And yes, I do live near in one of those cities mentioned. Yay me!

+ Broccosparagus on September 27th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Leaving in 30 minutes to go buy this. : >

+ papolatte on September 27th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Playing right now!

+ remanutd5 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

just waiting on my copy to be delivered , man so many games i’ve got lately ,well at least i have time to play them now that i have a broken leg and cant go to work

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Hope you’ll recover soon and enjoy the game.

+ Terard on September 27th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

When will playstation store be updated?

+ remanutd5 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

at terard i think they usually update it between 5 – 7 pm eastern time

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on September 27th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Is this going to be on the PSN store today? Can we get a yes or no?

+ Ricopitote on September 27th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Any word on this great collection appearing today at the PSN Store today? I´d love going home after a hard day of work and downloading it instead of going downtown to search for it. Is it too much to ask for a simple answer?

+ SyrupCakeEater on September 27th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Playing right now! Its amazing! Brings me back to when they first came out on ps2, and still my heart is pounding on the fist collossus. Thank you guys for making a beautiful game that im going to enjoy forever. :)

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Glad you’re enjoying the game. I felt the same way when I first got my hands on the remastered version. Great games never get old!

+ LilRican on September 27th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

lol at ign rating! lol

+ RE_Player on September 27th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Just picked up my copy. From the first 10 minutes of Shadow of the Colossus I can tell this was masterfully remastered with much care. Thank you for this collection.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

We’re all very happy about how it turned out. Enjoy the rest of the game!

+ Tank_Baked on September 27th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

NO this is retail only .

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on September 27th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

@18 thank you. Now I know I have to go pick this up at this store and I dont have to wait for tonight.

+ Deathspear666 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

Nice..

+ remanutd5 on September 27th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

thanks Kumi yea i has taken me a while to recover but it was a serious injury , i dislocated my ankle too not just a broken bone but everything is going well , cant wait to play Ico / Shadow , too bad im too addicted to Motorstorm Apocalypse and Resistance 3 online , anyways i will find time to finish Sly Cooper 2 and start ico/shadow soon

+ Ethereal on September 27th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Just picked my copy up! Loved this games back on the PS2 and I am going to love them even more in HD!

+ ro-kurorai on September 27th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Why, o why must games in the EU release on Thursdays only. Gotta wait till Sept. 29th to experience the timeless classics. Still, can’t wait to play the only two games to be considered art by almost everybody. =)

+ kyosuke9999 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

If, for some terrible reason, I did not own a PS3 at this point, this would be the game that made me purchase one. Two of the best experiences ever, and for $40. Much thanks to everyone involved-I hope these games garner even more fans now.

+ papolatte on September 27th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

So.. why did Nico never come to fruition? I just watched the video on it, and realize, it is a spectacular looking game. I know Monster Hunter exists, but I think so much more could be done with the multiplayer concept of Nico.

Granted, I love SotC, but still.

+ kyosuke9999 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Also a quick question- was the alternative cover art (reversible) kept in?

+ Mister-Nep on September 27th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Will be picking up this collection tomorrow. I will love replaying Shadow of the Colossus, and I never had a chance to actually play Ico so I’m eager to play both titles.

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 27th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

I have been gaming for almost 30 years, and these two games are in my top ten of all time. Ico being in my top 3 for just the pure magic and artistry that it was able to convey with such emotion without really uttering a word.

I was never gripped to a game like that ever that I can recall. And Shadow was a masterpiece as well.

I have my copy in hand right now, and putting every current gen game on hold to play through these masterpieces again.

Such fantastic works of art. Huge fan of Fumito-san and his team’s wonderful vision in the gaming industry.

Many thanks again for bringing us these classics in High Definition. You have made me one happy gamer. And out of all the games being released, PC or PS3, this collection was my most anticipated of the year.

My next anticipation is going to be the legendary, Last Guardian!

-EN

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

Thank you for your comment. These are definitely the most beloved video games of all time. Enjoy the beautiful stories and picturesque world again!

+ Hatchetforce on September 27th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

I am heading back to the store to pick this up. It looks phenomenal and even I need a break from the BF3 beta.

I had grabbed the Splinter Cell Trilogy but Ubi in their infinite wisdom removed Invert Y from the original games. It’s another Silent Hill Homecoming. Ubi have been fairly mum about the issue and the game has been out with the same fault in the EU for some time. There was a “I have forwarded the issue” on the EU Blog but since then it has been quiet. For persons like myself all 3 titles are unplayable. Too bad as the 3D is fairly decent.

+ againes on September 27th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Just picked my copy up. I only played Ico demo like 10 years ago lol, that was it. Never played sotc. Very excited to play these 2 games for the first time.

+ SEAL_TEAM_7p on September 27th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Looks amazing as it did years ago. I can’t wait to get this collection for myself. I remember ICO was simply amazing when it came out just watching the chains dangle about as you climbed them among other countless details that brought it alive is what I remember.

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 27th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

UEDA!!!! *bows down* you are my hero, no other games have touched my heart the way ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have. They will always hold a special place in my mind when it comes to games and art. Thank you and your team so much for giving us such a wonderful gaming experience!

Thank you for the blog post Kumi! I picked my copy up today and I just cannot wait to get home and play these games again. I only played ICO once. When I brought it home all those years ago I started playing and I couldn’t put it down. I played for 9 hours straight until I finished the game and I was in total awe. I couldn’t bring myself to play the game again because that experience was just so incredibly awesome I wanted to remember that moment forever! XD So this is going to be only my second time playing ICO and I cannot WAIT!! THANK YOU so much for re-releasing HD versions of these awesome games!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll convey your comment to Ueda-san and the team as well.
    I feel the same way about these games and they will always have a special place in my heart. : ) Enjoy these masterpieces again!

+ Neil on September 27th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I was already going to buy this but after seeing how Kumi is the producer on it I will buy it two and a half times!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

Thank you for your comment as always, Neil. Have fun playing the collection!

+ DrPhiill on September 27th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Never got to see the final ending of SotC as my copy broke back when i played it on my Ps2! So i cant wait to pick this one up so i can enjoy all the greatness of the art and story once more!

+ infamousXX87XX on September 27th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

I beat both on the ps2. They are very good games

+ FullMetalGear on September 27th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

My copy is out for delivery. I’m surei t will be delivered the second I step outside to drive to work. Won’t be home till late tonight =(

I do have a day off tomorrow though. Oh well, can’t wait to get my hands on this and play it in 3D. I’ve been enjoying 3D Gaming so far on the PS3 and I’ve heard positive things about 3D for this one. To be able to play this in Surround Sound also will be a plus also, thanks for making this happen.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

The games have been brought to another level with 3D and surround sound support. These enhancements will allow you to be immersed in the beautiful game world more than ever!
    Thanks for your comment and enjoy the games.

+ easyriderzombie on September 27th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

Im poor, cant afford it.

+ MoneyMaker110 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

i just saw my ps2 copies today. i’m waiting for the new version to be delivered

+ enjionPS on September 27th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

Getting this today (Stupid slow UPS!). Just wish I hadn’t already played these before, so I could experience them again for the first time.

+ ZERO_169 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

already bought it. Now I just have to wait until my last class is done so I can go home and play it!

+ ODINGameslayer on September 27th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

+ EnigmaNemesis on September 27th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

“+ ODINGameslayer on September 27th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

For those of you talking about getting this “later,” let me say this: DROP whatever else you’re playing and go get this!! I can only speak for SOTC, but that alone is worth it. Rather looking forward to ICO tonight.”

Agreed!!!!

As I said earlier… I am dropping EVERY current gen game and playing through these two classics again. They are phenomenal. Two of the best games EVER created.

Plus it was only $29.99 at Best Buy today when I went, so that is $10 cheaper than normal!!!

+ ODINGameslayer on September 27th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

Hatchetforce….you can’t invert the Y axis in the SC trilogy? MAJOR dealbreaker for me. Was really looking forward to getting that one tonight with ICO/SOTC.

+ YungShep on September 27th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

i’ve been playing Shadow of the Colossus for about an hour now…in 3D :) WOW… if you haven’t upgraded that display yet…this is a great time to do it, it doesn’t even look like it could of been a PS2 game, it feel like a PS3 game, (i never played the PS2 versions) the graphics are beautiful and you’ve set the standard for HD remasters, i expect nothing less from a remake going forward from any developer now..take as much time as you want for Last Guardian…i cannot wait!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on September 27th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Glad you’re enjoying SotC in 3D! It feels like these were originally PS3 games, doesn’t it? HD remastering and 3D implementation allows you to see details in the game you couldn’t see before. Enjoy ICO in 3D as well.

+ lisatsunami on September 27th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Yeah, baby! I am lying in wait, to pounce on my UPS dude when he brings my release-day delivery.

+ station3fever on September 27th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

On ps2 I was blown away with such great graphics and artwork. I can’t wait to replay and see it come to life all over again. I do wish other game makers put more awesome artwork into there games.
Kumi you have been in my heart ever since I played ico on ps2, thank you ;)

+ punkmusic2009 on September 27th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

to bad another service not for canada vedio demand anyways ill get this game if its on disc not download becuse the internet data is high

+ Hatchetforce on September 27th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

@ODINGameslayer

You can’t invert it in any of the games. You could in the original PS2 versions but not here. They removed it. And QA didn’t pick it up? I know the Ubi Splinter Cell crew may not care for the PS3 but this is ridiculous. They look good but I already fell off of the first cave cliff in Chaos Theory trying to play without Invert Y. I am done. I would get the Ico and SOTC instead.

They have been aware of this issue since last month in the EU and Ubi hasn’t done anything and other than a
“I have forwarded this issue” on the PS EU blog there hasn’t been a word from Ubi. It seems like a “cut their loss and run effort”.

+ AgitoKoyoto on September 27th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Since my Blu-Ray is broken in my SLIM PS3 I hope y’all make a import to the PS store so I can enjoy this too! (:

+ DarkJad on September 27th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

Mine didn’t come with the reversible boxart! I’m guessing this is because it’s the Canadian edition (Canadian copies of games are packaged slightly differently to include bilingual descriptions on the back, french manuals . . . and apparently in this case, no reversible boxart :(

PAGE 1 2 3