PS4 - Destiny

Your Journey Begins Spring 2012

Jenova Chen's Avatar + Posted by Jenova Chen on Sep 27, 2011 // Creative Director, thatgamecompany

This is Jenova Chen from thatgamecompany. First of all I would like to thank you for your support during the closed beta for our upcoming game Journey. It was a great success!

Journey

For the past few months, we kept getting asked about Journey’s release date. Yes, we haven’t said anything about our release in a while mainly because we really couldn’t tell. And we don’t want to throw out a date that we are not sure about, and later disappoint our players.

Fortunately, the online beta went very well, and our continued playtests have given us great feedback on the work we have left to complete. While there is still a ton of care and polish needed, we can’t wait to finally deliver Journey, TGC’s take on an online adventure game.

Like all our games, Journey is an experiment. In the end, it’s what you think that matters. We are happy to announce Journey will be released Spring 2012, so you can experience the adventure for yourself.

63 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ kingjambo on September 27th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

no way to buy it on disc? i dont download games, i buy them on disc….why isnt there disc alternatives for those games …why cant i get something like this on a disc for a few bucks more?

+ Midgetguy on September 27th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

Journey is one of my most anticipated games for the PS3!

The closed beta was really interesting, and if the final game is anything like the beta was, it will be a huge success!

Thank you for giving us a time to look forward to.

I’m a huge fan of TGC, and I’ll support every experiment put out by you talented people!

+ Shinigami_Death_ on September 27th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

seems later than expected but still can’t wait. looks like a great game. (^_^)

+ SpyDudeFX on September 27th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Loved the closed beta, any chance you could make it so it doesn’t expire? It would be nice to go back to Journey even for the same levels from the beta.

+ Permafry_42 on September 27th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Finally we get more info on my favourite psn game for a LONG time!

+ Permafry_42 on September 27th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

@51 because discs cost money to make, distribute, etc. etc.

+ Heavenly_king on September 27th, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

I guess than considering all the time it is taking to make it; the game will cost 20 bucks. Hopefully $15

+ Ghost_Shrimp on September 27th, 2011 at 10:47 pm said:

This is probably gonna be the first PSN game I have bought in a LONG while. I used to buy them regularly but everything lately has been so lame or $15 for some reason. Journey definitely looks like a must buy though.

+ Kchow23 on September 28th, 2011 at 1:00 am said:

Loved what I saw in the beta and I can’t wait to play the full game! always looking for opportunities to give feedback :)

+ Elvick_ on September 28th, 2011 at 7:11 am said:

Thought I posted here, but don’t see it… so…

While I’m glad to have a window of release, I’m bummed it wasn’t able to hit this year. I always knew it was a possibility, but was really hoping to play it this year. I can’t wait to play more, the beta is phenomenal.

+ excaliber45 on September 28th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

At least now I have a window for a release date. Thank you :) can’t wait to play this non-generic game :D

+ NikNakZombieWhak on September 28th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Can’t wait for this one! Spring is perfect too since I’m an April baby. This will be the best 22nd birthday gift ever.

+ Yojimbo68 on September 30th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

Same here, this game looks fantastic !

PAGE 1 2