PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Welcome to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta, Now Available on PSN

Tommy Rydling's Avatar + Posted by Tommy Rydling on Sep 29, 2011 // Senior Community Manager, DICE

Starting now, we are happy to invite all PS3 players to the much anticipated Battlefield 3 Open Beta! Played on the Operation Metro map in Rush mode that won us Best Action Game and Best Multiplayer Game at E3, this is your chance to experience one of many flavors of Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 for PS3

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your great interest in this Open Beta. By joining, you will help us stress test servers, allow us to run important tests on the game’s back-end and Battlelog. Remember that this software is in Beta and does not represent the game’s final quality — you’ll have to wait for October 25th for that! For a full FAQ on the Open Beta, head here.

Please leave any feedback to us at DICE via the forums in the social platform Battlelog. Make sure to also head to our free social platform Battlelog to check your in-depth stats progression, start your own Platoon, and see how your friends are doing in the news feed. To get you started on the Operation Metro map, here are some playing tips straight from us at DICE. You can also study the PS3 control scheme in the image below. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Battlefield 3 for PS3 controls

DICE’s Top 10 Battlefield Tips for Operation Metro

1. Stick to your teammates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
  2. Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
  3. When you arm an M-COM station, defend it to ensure it’s destroyed.
  4. The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Metro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up – and to blind your enemies!
  5. Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or laying prone and zooming in – this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
  6. Use suppressive fire (shoot close to enemies behind cover) to negatively impact the enemy’s fighting capabilities.
  7. Watch out for falling debris — it can hurt you! But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer’s RPG.
  8. Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
  9. Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single-fire mode if applicable.
  10. To grab your enemy’s dog tag as a souvenir, perform a stealth knife kill from behind.

+ iam_JusT_krazy on September 29th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

thank you very much to all the creditors of Battlefield 3. I give warm thanks for putting this game up to the store and i ensure that this game will be one to remember for the century. Thanks for showing us the meaning of true gaming!

+ x2Rainbow on September 29th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

this game looks really great i hope to playin it. How do i get the beata is it on the ps store lol?

+ Bilsebob on September 29th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

Thank you for the open beta. I have the game pre ordered. I’ll let you know how I liked the beta on your forums. Again thank you.

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

watch out for the 14% install prevention bug on all your ps3′s kids. I reprted it to sony yesterday, they mae me delete everything, couldnt resolve it, then hung up on me and never tried to call me back. dont buy any games because they will all become useless until they reolsve this. they are trying to keep it under raps looks. Thats why they inserted that anti class action lawsuit dribble. The suers are keeping their mouths shut, but poor joes like me are suffereing with nocompensation, and being shut out or ignored

+ Exalted_Knight on September 29th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

What a Birthday present!! Thank YOU @DICE Team!!!!

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

I’m a playstation plus member and everything. but cant install crap. They dont care. im missing out on everything, and noone tried to call me back. i call and am told i have to wait 7-10 minutes. been thru this hundred times. then i have to re-explain everything, and hope my call does mysterriously get re dropped. Its not a hardware issue because its prevents instaal at exactly 14%, regardless if the file is11 mb or 3.7 gb. videos install with no prob. beware. cancel all ps3 pre-orders

+ xXRA1NGUYXx on September 29th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

Looking foward to playing the beta its gonna be great and also looking foward to providing you with some good feedback keep up the good wor DICE :)

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

I care unlike sony, who i have purchased everthing under. tv computer, hd camera, etc. etc. i’m a fanboy. even tho they suck at customer support . if they do fix your problem , they dont try to compensate you for all the heck u went thru! thats IF! they dont care that every electronic in my house is sony. or that i have over 100 games and 3 psp’s, and am playing bbc2 6 hours a day mininum since it came out. But i care about my fellow consumers out there who are being kept from this virus thing just to protect the investors

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

I’ve spent over $400 on downloaded video content, and they made me delete it to try to get to this 14% bug. wiped out my whole system to reset, and its still there. I say its somehow imbedded into the system, which is due to their inability to protect the aforementioned system, one of which, happens to be mine!

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

I would never even think of becoming an xbot, or purchasing an xbox [DELETED]. But i also know i will not be compensated for all this hardship . and hopefully will not be sued for warning the consumer, cuz i aint got nuthin’!

+ DJBennett1985 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

@108 Sounds like you need a job and/or life.

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

feel free to friend me on ps3 if this is happening to you too. thanks!

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

@113 sounds like your just a young fool that doesnt know nothing about life yet

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

@111 sounds like your just a young fool that doesnt know nothing about life yet

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

And doesnt appreciate somebody trying to warn you of something that may interfere with your game playing, and therefore will probably feel stupid if it happens to happen to you, at which point i will be grinning =D

+ JontTERMINATORx1 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

I am so getting this RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ mauriciozuniga on September 29th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

bee hatch!

+ ro-kurorai on September 29th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

Checked it out on PC and PS3. Boy, you DICE guys effin’ rock. Never imagined how well you actually handle Sony’s hardware. The PS3 version is actually my version of choice, great work Digital Illusions =)

+ MarkakaJin on September 29th, 2011 at 4:25 pm said:

Guys, guys. If you’re going to be a support. Please, throw down some ammo for the assault class soldiers.
Don’t worry, I’ll lay down some medkit for our squad and I always do.
Know your role, bros.

+ superchunk2010 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:25 pm said:

This will be first thing I do when I get home. Set it do download.

+ PlazaX_HD-Legend on September 29th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Ummmm
TO all ppl at dice……………
you have a gr8t game but
DONT FORGET YOUR RIVAL MW33333333
THEY WILL STILL SELL MORE THAN YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

+ RODJRY10 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Dice!!! Is there going to be a controller configuration that allows us to shoot with R2 and aim with L2 when the game releases?…By the way the game is real sweet..

+ SMURFINLIKEABOSS on September 29th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Awesome!!!!!

+ Ajax_Killer on September 29th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

how can i download from site? its taking forever from the ps3 store

+ thebigone12 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

omg i am going to DOWNLOAD

+ Ajax_Killer on September 29th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

battlefield is sooooo gonna beat modern warfare cod dyeing out and battlefield is rising to take its place!

+ kolkidkilla on September 29th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can u please fix the glitch problem where u go right through the floor and get stuck because it really bothers me and i know this is a beta so your still make changes right AND I LOVE THIS GAME<3

+ Willtheboss on September 29th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

It’s going to be a war bath

+ Justp94 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

DICE…. Why does the Console version look so watered down compared to the PC version? Delay the PS3 version of the game and take the time to achieve Uncharted 3 caliber visuals. Okay?

+ starBlinky01 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

hm.. the sound effects are perfect as usual..

hmm.. something that bugs me is the level of destructibility. It’s nothing like what I was lead to expect, I think you guys should have showed the destruction system waaaay long ago in some of your teasers. Like an explanation of the engine so I don’t get over hyped. That’s whats happened here. I was expecting near full destructibility. Hardly anything is destructible though! Even shooting walls or fallen over chunks of concrete or metal are not destructible at all, obviously there’s no reason for the walls to be destructible, but its funny when the PILLARS are destructible with the tiles on them but the walls, which are made of the exact same material are not at all destructible. It’s basically just a big let down, I was over hyped and expected more.

(how many times did I just say destructible?)

Annnd another thing.. those trees look effing weird, especially the way they wobble around all the time.

+ MoneyMaker110 on September 29th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

i could have used the control layout the other day. better late than never.

+ ubetter on September 29th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Played already on Tuesday. I hope they get frame rate up, and knifing someone, feels well , dumb. I have this game paid for already at gamestop. And I haven’t really notice the frostbite 2 yet. I was really looking forward to being blown away, but to tell you the truth, I wasn’t. Forgive me everyone, battlefield forever.

+ E-Phoenix- on September 29th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

BF3 Beta is amazing!! but Squads don’t work at all!

+ gameace999 on September 29th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

Hey guys, just wondering why i cant talk to any of my squad members. I have friends on my squad that say they are talking but i cant hear them. But once i heard someone on a different squad talking to me…

+ blackghost826 on September 29th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

Sear DICE or someone who knows:
Will this be T like the first game or M like the second? In my opinion, Teen is much better because it is played be more people because of the lack of mature content.

Thanks!

+ blackghost826 on September 29th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Oops I meant Dear on the first line!

+ DismalxHavoc on September 29th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Sweet! This is a great birthday gift to occupy myself with for a while. Can’t wait till it’s done downloading.
Thanks Sony and Dice, you’ve made my day! =)

Havoc

+ devilmosh on September 29th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

LOL @129 “those trees look effing weird, especially the way they wobble around all the time.”

It’s called swaying with the wind. Real trees do that. Look out the window sometime and you’ll see.

+ evangamer43 on September 29th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

I wanted to give some feedback. There are a lot of glitches such as when i am crawling i can suddenly see through the ground also the servers are lagging. The edges could be smoother. Battlefield 3 is definitely an amazing game if you just fixed glitches, servers and improve the graphic a bit it would be a tremendous game. Dice you guys are awesome and no one makes better multiplayer than you guys!!!!!!!!!!

+ Fue- on September 29th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

Love the beta, got home today and went onto the PSN store to find this beta available to the public. Hoping for this game to far in the PSN community.

+ PRIMERAaskals on September 29th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

my palm is itching for this!

+ E-Phoenix- on September 29th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Battlefield 3 Avatars would be awesome…

+ baypinoy415 on September 29th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

love the game but gets boring with 1 lvl in it put 1 more in it

+ Spacegundam on September 29th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

Loving it so far! Thanks Sony and DICE!!! :)

+ SmokeAdellic on September 29th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

No move support, no sale….the games not that good.

+ carterlee1 on September 29th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

can’t wait to try this out tomorrow, or later tonight.

+ I-Am-BIGFOOT on September 29th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

Can’t wait to go all Bigfoot on some camping noobs and stab them! :D now to figure out how to make my gf not want to talk on the phone…

+ ilubpizza on September 29th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

Does it cost money?

+ twistedfloyd on September 29th, 2011 at 7:30 pm said:

Looking forward to it. Been working at school all day, nice to come home, not have to go anywhere tomorrow or tonight and just veg a little bit with this beta. Hope it’s good! Thanks DICE!

+ AsianInvasian603 on September 29th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

When my friends and I squad up and join a game, how come we all end up in completely different squads in the end.