Final Fantasy VII Remake

Oct 03

Only On PSN - Featured

Introducing ‘Only On PSN’ For New Exclusive Games Throughout October

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Susan Panico on Oct 03, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

We’re excited to announce a new program called “Only On PSN,” which features brand new games that are exclusively available on PlayStation Network throughout October. Every week starting tomorrow, October 4, you will find new titles, unique to PSN that are part of this program – games that you’ve likely read about here on the PlayStation Blog, or seen during our showing at E3 2011. You may recall our announcement a few months ago about our Pub Fund – a $20 million investment in exclusive PSN titles, and the Only On PlayStation Network program showcases two titles spawning from this investment: Eufloria and Okabu.

We can’t wait for you to get your hands on the Only On PSN games yourselves, so we’re giving you a few special offers throughout the course of the program. First, to sweeten the deal, we’ll be offering PlayStation Plus subscribers a 20% discount on each game during the first week of its availability.

Additionally, users who spend $60 or more out of their PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network wallet through the month of October will get $10 back in November. This includes any of the Only On PSN games, purchases of games, add-ons, movies and TV shows in both the game and video sections of the PlayStation Store, your paid subscriptions for PlayStation Plus or Music Unlimited, movie rentals or purchases through Video Unlimited and any games or virtual items you buy in PlayStation Home.

Be sure to keep an eye on the PlayStation Twitter feed, as we’ll be giving away download codes for each game in the line-up every week. Don’t miss your chance to get this week’s Only On PSN games for free!

Now, let’s check out the games:

Eufloria - Only On PSNRochard - Only On PSN

October 4:

• Eufloria – An addictive ambient game of space exploration and conquest, plant growth and bio-mechanical evolution. Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to literally grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding.
  • Rochard – A fun and original space adventure game that features a resourceful hero, ominous villains, rugged machinery, big explosions, even bigger stunts and sharp one-liners. The game tests players’ coordination and wits as they use gravity to their advantage, changing it at will to solve environmental puzzles and advance through each level.

Sideway - Only On PSN

October 11:

• Sideway: New York – Help defeat Spray, a sinister tagger who wants to dominate both Sideway and the real world in this unique sidescroller that offers you the chance to leave your mark on the city.

Sodium2 - Only On PSN

October 13:

• Sodium Collection – A more than $35 value available for $9.99, this PlayStation Home value pack includes the SodiumOne Pilot’s Jacket, which unlocks the full 50-level tank combat Salt Shooter game, and weapon upgrades for your SodiumOne tank. Also included is a variety of upgrades for Sodium 2: Project Velocity, a high-speed, free-to-play, futuristic multiplayer racing game exclusive to PlayStation Home, and the wildly-popular Blaster’s Paradise personal space, which hosts a tabletop version of Salt Shooter. Buy from the PlayStation Store and play in PlayStation Home.

Okabu - Only On PSNRocketBirds - Only On PSN

October 18:

• Okabu – An action-puzzler, where players will guide Kumulo, Nimbe and four cloud-flying heroes as they battle to save their people and their world from the industrialized threat of the Doza. Dive into a hyper-tactile toybox world filled with a huge number of puzzles, playthings, adorable creatures and devious machines spread across an epic co-op campaign.
  • RocketBirds: Hardboiled Chicken – Annihilate an evil penguin regime in this cinematic platform adventure game offering full solo and co-op campaigns with stereoscopic 3D support. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis.

INFAMOUS: Festival of Blood - Only On PSNPixeljunk Sidescroller - Only On PSN

October 25:

• inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring hours of new gameplay, themed environment settings and new characters/enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe.
  • PixelJunk Sidescroller – Q-Games goes old-school with a completely retro side-scrolling shooter that reinvents the genre from the ground up while maintaining that nostalgic feeling. Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons while battling through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem.

Also starting tomorrow as part of Only On PSN, we’ll also be offering a selection of rare classic games in the PlayStation Store: God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.

So head into the PlayStation Store tomorrow afternoon to check out Eufloria and Okabu, and don’t forget: If you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, be sure to take advantage of the 20% discounts for the new games each week before we move onto the next week of Only On PSN titles. We hope you enjoy the month of October gaming with these exclusive titles on PSN!

+ WilliamFuchs420 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

So do these ps2 clasics work like psone as in playable on psp?

Also bring RAD (robotic alchemic drive, enix), Okami, Disgaea 1 2 to it.

+ emiru69 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

My wallet is bleeding!! +_+ but in a cool way… I mean in a zombie apocalypse kind of way not in a “ouch, I cut myself with a sheet of paper” kind of way. ^_^
I’m a bit confused about the price on the ps2 titles:
1) Do they cost $ 9.99?
2) If the answer to the previous question is yes, do we have a 20% off out of that $ 9.99? that will be $ 7.99 right?

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

The PlayStation Plus discount is only for the 8 PSN titles highlighted in Only On PSN, not the PS2 titles.

+ emiru69 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

Sorry I forgot question number 3!
Can we play these ps2 titles on the Playstation Vita? thanks!

+ angelspawn77 on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

Can’t wait to play Infamous 2 festival of blood! Also ps2 games on psn :O I thought that wasn’t possible?

+ jose213jose on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

@ the person who said this: PS2 games are in their original form. These aren’t remasters, and therefore won’t have Trophy support. But they retain their original gameplay, look, and charm through and through.

Why don’t you just add PS2 software thing to let all PS2 game to play on the PS3 again. U can just make software that would allow the PS3 to be able to play all the PS2 games. Its waste of time to remake all the PS2 games into PS3 or other forms type to run on Playstation system. And its hurts the buyer more sense their own it on PS2 and now its on PS3 but the disc won’t work on PS3. SO u want us to buy it again, as different form type that will work on the PS3.

+ jose213jose on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

What is the Playstation team during waste time on changing the form type from PS2 into PS3. It would be alot better to make software called “PS2 Playback” which will allow all PS2 games to play on all PS3 system again without any problems. SO the disc copy we own can work again on the PS3 & save more buyers money.

If i was the owner of Sony right now i would hire better workers for the Playstation team who can develop the software to allow all PS3 system to be enable to play all PS2 games. As Sony fan and PS fan for many years now i am seeing that you need better programmer who can do the impossible.

PS: Forgot to say that when i was on PSHome the other day or so, i love all the new things u add on PS Home but you need to fix some bugs with the PSHome. My character keeps falling all the time when i go to the Central Plaza and when i go to some other place on home it would freezer up my whole PS3. I find this so, well u know what i mean. P.O And this happens all the time, so i don’t even bother thing to go into home no more until its all fix.

+ xXsintony13Xx on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

Will there be more PS2 games like Twisted Metal and EA games like Burnout 3: Takedown and others? I mean put on the store.

+ dilbig5 on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

Nice exclusive games but I can’t agree with the PS2 games not having anything different about them. I mean, there was a re-release of Resident Evil 4, Beyond Good and Evil, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, and others like Call of Duty 1 (Classic) and Medal of Honor Fronlines. Those were “upscaled” (even if slightly) and added trophy support. It is a good idea for new gamers but is basically useless to anyone that already has a copy of the game.

PS1 games I can understand since they are so old but come on, PS2 was just the last generation and you are still slightly supporting it. $9.99 is a good price (if that is the real price of all of them), especially since I have only heard of 2 of the games you announced and only played 1 of those 2.

That aside, I will be getting the Maximo game just because I can’t find any copies and lost my old one. Hopefully the emulation comes back as that would be the likely sale/game changer Sony would need to win the “Console War.”

+ dilbig5 on October 3rd, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

And lastly, Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 Classics, nuff said.

+ onslaughtree on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

I must say, this is awesome news. I still own my 60Gig ps3, so im good with playing all my ps2 games. But there are a few titles that I missed 1st time around.
Okami/ Odin Sphare/ and a few others. Here is a question. Am I going to be able to play my downloaded ps2 titles on my pspGo ?. An =d a big shoutout to all the post replies. Great job Morgan and staff.

+ Onvertic on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

Morgan, do you know if the PS2 Classics work on the Vita?

+ igorrocks2 on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

Man too bad I stock up on plus until 2013 lol, Good to see it’s getting better

+ xblade132 on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

eufloria seems interesting. any chance of a demo? rochard i wasnt too fond of.
maybe NOW ill pick up re4 (hopefully will get it for $10) with ps+
im a frequent buyer of tv episodes so i think i can spend $60 within october. :P

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

there’s a trial of Eufloria that should be available tomorrow, check it out!

+ xblade132 on October 3rd, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

awesome! thanks morgan =D

+ jose213jose on October 3rd, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

PS: just to make sure, i am not trying to be jerk or anything on the PS Blog but had to lay down that so u can take it in and understand. PS Forms or support is no good when it comes to being treat like jerk by them.

+ Myke-Myke on October 3rd, 2011 at 8:29 pm said:

Great promotion and great games in the pipeline for the PS Store.

One question though, will the PS2 games be playable on the PSVita once it releases???

+ PhoenixP3K on October 3rd, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

I always wanted to play Odin Sphere but couldn’t find a retail copy readily available. Thanks for finally making it easy.

+ JediMPG on October 3rd, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

PS2 Classics are great news after my 60GB launch PS3 brokedown.(It lasted 4 years without any problems)Hope to play some.Can we get some NISA games on there?There hard to find.

+ Philaroni on October 3rd, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

Ring of Red is a great game, can’t be leave that was one of the games you guys picked.

What are the chances of getting PTOIV and the Warship Gunner games on PSN? I’d kill for those………

+ Philaroni on October 3rd, 2011 at 9:24 pm said:

Oh and also Front Mission 5, I been wanting that game for years just have a hard time finding it in the US since it never came out here. (Front Mission 4 as well please)

+ ogeese on October 3rd, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

does this deal go with PS home to

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Yep, anything that uses the Store Wallet, which includes PS Home.

+ SquareSide on October 3rd, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

I like PS2 RPGs such as GrimGrimoire and Odin Sphere showing up in the classics! This is GREAT NEWS for us RPGers that missed on some of the PS2s RPGs and hopefully there’s more to come! :D Good Job Sony!

+ strikeronima on October 3rd, 2011 at 11:40 pm said:

Are you guys ever going to release Kingdom Hearts 1&2 Remastered on the PSN?
I would love to be able to play and master those again plus get trophies for them.

+ AKAKAIZER on October 4th, 2011 at 12:48 am said:

Here is my situation, and i need a very specific answer please.

Yesterday 03-Oct i subscribed to PS+ 3 months , added $10 funds, bought RE4.
in this week im going to add $50 funds, does this qualify me to get the $10 ??
please specific and detailed answer.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Sounds like you’re on the right track. But to be specific, it’s not just a matter of adding funds to your wallet, but those funds must be SPENT in the Store. So yep, you’re PS Plus sub counts towards it, as does your RE4 purchase. As long as you reach $60 you should be all set.

+ Gigman47 on October 4th, 2011 at 2:47 am said:

Great, grand, wonderful…so…what’s happening on Oct. 5th…Tell me Kevin Butler!!

+ Spacerac on October 4th, 2011 at 3:07 am said:

Question time!

Will PlayStation try to get some more obscure only on PlayStation PS2 titles re-published, like Klonoa 2 Lunatea’s Veil and Kya Dark Lineage? I would LOVE the opportunity to officially support these hidden gems. I own secondhand copies of these games.

Also, since these are tailor made for PS3, does that mean they’ll also run on the PS Vita?

+ PremiumPencil on October 4th, 2011 at 3:27 am said:

Pretty Sweet.

+ WilliamFuchs420 on October 4th, 2011 at 6:22 am said:

Oh and bring killer7 to the psn as well never got to finish it and man it was trippy

+ Edgeworth87 on October 4th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

I don’t understand this at all. So what is happening here is that I will be able to download PS2 games that I own the disc to, but if I tried to put that disc into my PS2, the same game wouldn’t be able to be played simply because it wasn’t released on the PSN?

I’m trying really hard to be happy about this. I mean PS2 capabilities are great and all, but when I have an entire library of PS2 games that I can’t play because my old CECHA died on me and I had to get a new aged PS3, it’s just a hard pill to swallow. Is it really cheaper to do this than to offer PS3’s with PS2 BC? Now I have to try and save money to spend on a PS2 at some point to play the games you don’t decide to release, and even if you do? I have to pay for them again.

I appreciate the offer, and will take advantage of the $60/$10 deal, but honestly? The PS2 news falls on deaf ears.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

I know where you’re coming from, but this is more for the folks who simply never got a chance to pick these titles up the first time around. Not necessarily for those who already played them on PS2 and still have the disc. Great feedback though, thank you.

+ Edgeworth87 on October 4th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

Sorry for the double comment, but I meant to say if I put the PS2 disc into my PS3. Oi, I’m tired this morning.

+ onslaughtree on October 4th, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

You have a valid point, but this has been in motion for some time now. ever since backward compatabality was removed from the 60gig phat, we all knew this day was coming. And sony is poised to make alot of money with this move.this is the reason that I bought my ps3 on day 1. it may have been a steep price at the time, but all the bells and whistles are in my 60gig. this all boils down now to,(1) if you have not played these classic games before or (2) are they going to be portable on the pspGo/Vita, to be warented a option for you is to buy a used or cheap ps2 from a retailer and play all your ps2 games. its a done deal thinking that sony will bring back playability of ps2 games on ps3.this is the last generation that we will see b/c on game machines. Its all digital from here on out. sorry to break it to you.

+ BourneEnemy on October 4th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

SO from here on out will the store be updating from time to time with PS2 classics? like ps1 classics

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

that’s exactly right. we aim to make it a consistent flow of titles going forward.

+ Edgeworth87 on October 4th, 2011 at 7:44 am said:

@245 That’s exactly why I bought my CECHA too, but unfortunately, your time will come when they won’t repair it, much like they did mine. I was stuck buying a new generation simply because the time and effort put into trying to fix my PS3 was too far off.

I think the PS2 route is all I have left now. That is depressing. Games not being backwards compatible just ruins it for me.

+ Spacerac on October 4th, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

@243 Edgeworth Morgan Haro stated in a different blog that these games are made specifically to run via the PS3’s software and they also don’t use the PS2 Virtual Memory card system. So the discs still wouldn’t run properly anyway. Plus, I for one think it’s very likely these games wil run on the Vita.

+ Edgeworth87 on October 4th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

@248 Then that makes them even less desirable, at least for someone like me.Thank you for the information though.

+ Arashi999 on October 4th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

My Arm, My Arm, My Arm, My Rm, My Arm, My Arm, will summon up the power of the GOD HAND. SO excited that you are finally releasing it digitally. Day 1 purchase. Gonna unleash the broncobuster

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 4th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

Will there be a PSTwo Classics section of the store like there is for PS1 or will it be scattered around and we have to try to find it like Dreamcast games?

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

For the first month, you can find these PS2 titles in the Only On PSN category which will be very easy to find. After this month, they will have their own category.

+ drwhite76 on October 4th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

Is there any plans to add the Conflict series (ie Desert Stom) to this? Would really love to add those to my PS3.

+ Assisang on October 4th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I have a question about the spend 60$ and get 10$ back:

When you say it’s any purchase in October do you mean from October 1 to October 31?

I ask this because you announced it on October 3 and the psn store is updated announcing this promotion on October 4 so I fear that the October 1 to 3 period was not included because it was starting only from the October 4 store update?

It was my birthday on October 2 and I spend over 60$ on October 2 and 3!!

So I’m supposed to receive my 10$ in November if it’s really the whole month.

+ Raikuden on October 4th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

I spent money on the PlayStation Store yesterday, before the store updated today. Will it count towards the $60 or more out of my PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network wallet during the month of October?

+ steweybaby28 on October 4th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Is there ever going to be any chance that previous FREE playstation plus games will ever be added back as either free or with a discount? That would be cool. Another thing is that since there aren’t anymore free genesis games coming out, (and of course the only one i dont have is sonic 1 because i signed up for PS+ too late) will the ps2 games take their place? Because i dont want to go buying a ps2 game and then like a day later it being free or with a discount. Wow I sound like a cheapskate.

+ lobotomies4free on October 4th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

isn’t Eufloria on steam?

+ bikershawn on October 5th, 2011 at 12:26 am said:

Hi Morgan I was just wondering if you had pricing on everything (or anything) from what is “Only On PSN” so I can get an idea of how much of a PSN card I need. Thanks for any help you can provide (I know the discounts from Plus). Thanks Morgan and keep up the great work at Playstation.

+ landon201 on October 5th, 2011 at 5:58 am said:

Amazing! we get PS2 support for PS3 slime and we get all of these cool stuff!
PS2 classics wish list:
Jak and daxter 1,2,3 and X combat
Rachet and Clank 1,2,3 and deadlock
Ape escape 2 and 3 (I also want 1 on PS1 classics)
kingom hearts series
and a Japanesse PS2 classics. :)

+ comex23 on October 5th, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

I was wondering if i buy a psn plus prepaid card does that count towards the spend 60 get 10

+ QUNE5 on October 5th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

SOCOM, SOCOM 2 or Battlefront. That’s all I need. SOCOM Series along would be a gold mine. Now that S4 has failed. There’s no better time than now.

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 5th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!! Tell me you can play the PS2 classics on a PSP

+ Psicocrusher on October 5th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

OMG! I’m not interested in all those games but OKABU and Rocketbirds will be in my collection!

+ Zy-- on October 5th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

ALL the PSN PS2 games are not compatible with my NEW Official PS3 Headphones I bought.
Any firmware update on this matter,anyone else having the same problem?
it’s to bad :( GOD HAND has such an amazing sound track….

+ Thaster51 on October 5th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

I bought some things on the PSN on October 2nd… just before this program was announced.
Will those purchases also count for the whole spend $60 and get $10 back? Or only things that are purchased from October 4th and onward?