Bloodborne

PlayStation Plus October Offers: Free Costume Quest and Discounts Galore

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 03, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus October 2011

It’s another good month to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber with some amazing free games and discounts for October! Leading things off is Costume Quest; Double Fine Productions’ stand-out adventure RPG where your Halloween costumes act as conduits to become a force to be reckoned with! With charmingly hilarious characters and story, you’ll want to snag this one soon as it will be available free from Plus for two weeks starting October 4th.

New release Elemental Monster is also available free for Plus subscribers starting October 4th and going through the month. Build your deck (featuring the stunning illustrations of Yoshitaka Amano), and battle online to determine who’s got the best tactics. At the same time you can enhance your game with seven different Booster Boxes, available at 50% off ($2.50) for Plus subscribers.

Action RPG fans, keep your eyes out for new release Dungeon Defenders later this month. Plus subscribers will be able to get access to free DLC for this awesome blend of Tower Defense and co-op action! The DLC will grant you access to 4 ‘familiars’ in the game that will help you in your adventure. Warhawk and Starhawk fans also take note; the original Warhawk PSone Classic is available for free as well. Relive old memories and see the roots of the Warhawk franchise; then prepare to have your mind blown when Starhawk drops in 2012.

This month, we’ll also be rolling out a ton of discounts across the network, including special day one discounts for all titles featured in the Only On PSN event! Get all eight exclusive PSN titles at 20% off during their first week launch, and enjoy the experiences you can only get on PSN, at a price that can’t be beat. The PSN release of Resident Evil 5 will also be sporting a 25% discount for one week, while other PSN titles like Explodemon! and Tales from Space: About a Blob will have their own set of discounts throughout the month.

There’s a ton more, including a to-be-announced SEGA title that will have added benefit for Plus subscribers, as well as new Full Game Trials like Dead Space, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, and Homefront, to name a few. Check out the entire breakdown below and leave your comments below. For more discussion, head to the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread in the PS forums.

PlayStation Plus content list for October 2011

(Please keep in mind these are expected release dates. Some content outlined may be subject to change)

Free PSN Games and DLC: Costume Quest – 10/4 (2 weeks)
Elemental Monster – 10/4 (2 weeks)
Dungeon Defenders DLC – 10/25
The pack contains: 4 familiars (Cog,Drakon, Naimi, Cowboy Monkey)
Free Minis: 1000 Tiny Claws – 10/4
Speedball 2 – 10/4
Street Smarts – 10/4
Free PS one Classics: Warhawk – 10/4
Full Game Trials: Resident Evil 5 – 10/4
Shift 2 Unleashed – 10/4
Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway – 10/18
Dead Space Digital – 10/18
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – 10/18
Homefront – 10/25
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe – 10/25
MX vs. ATV – 10/25
Exclusive Discounts: Eufloria – 20% off – 10/4 (1 week only)
Explodemon – 30% off – 10/4
Tales From Space: About a Blob – 40% off – 10/4
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition – 25% off – 10/4
Elemental Monster Online Card Game Booster Box DLC – 50% off – 10/4
Sideway: New York – 20% off – 10/11 (1 week only)
Metal Slug 2 – 20% off – 10/11
Metal Slug 2 (PSP) – 20% off – 10/11
The King of Fighters ’96 – 20% off – 10/11
The King of Fighters ’96 (PSP) – 20% off – 10/11
Sodium Collection (PlayStation Home Game) – 20% of – 10/13 (1 week only)
Okabu – 20% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Rocketbirds – 20% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Valkyria Chronicles II PSP Bundle Pack – 40% off – 10/18
Under Siege – 70% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – 20% off – 10/25 (1 week only)
PixelJunk: SideScroller – 20% off – 10/25 (1 week only)
Ikari Warriors lii: the Rescue – 20% Off – 10/25
Prehistoric Isle in 1930 – 20% Off – 10/25
Safari Rally – 20% Off – 10/25
MX vs. ATV Game + DLC Bundle – %20 Off – 10/25
4 Elements – 50% off – 10/25 (2 weeks)
MercHg – 50% off – 10/25 (2 weeks)
Mystery Title – 30% off – 10/25 (Hint from Sega: It’s a Sega title which is about to announced. Go to sega.com/sweepstakes for more information. Good luck!)
Paramount Sale Top Gun – 70% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Star Trek DAC – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Days of Thunder – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Bundle of all 3 Paramount Titles + DLC – 50% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Free Themes: Bane of Yoto Dynamic Theme – 10/11
Dragon Dynamic Theme (PS Plus Exclusive) – 10/11
Lost Planet 2 Avatar Bundle (2O Avatars)- PlayStation Plus Exclusive – 10/4
Free Avatars Free Exclusive PS+ Halloween Themed Avatars – 10/11
Resident Evil Code Veronica 5 Avatar Bundle – 10/11
Media: Qore Episode 41 – October Early Access

+ Billyspleen13 on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

id really like CTR or any other crash games to be free psone games!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

nice! soo many Full Games on the way!

+ Living_Sepulcher on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

I wanna know the date for when DCU goes FTP. Its in Oct. right?

+ kaa_BOOmmmMMm on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

@humad01you can get warhawk used, mine was only $8

+ hortyta on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

no batman arkham city demo

+ fattytwenty on October 3rd, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

How can you tell when your PS+ subscription expires? Also, if i renew now, do i loose months due to overlapping subscriptions ?
Any help would be appreciated.
I have my 50$ network card ready to go !

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Your subscription will always stack; so no need to worry about losing time. Just keep the good times rolling!

+ kaa_BOOmmmMMm on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

@55 number 47 already answered that question. you subscription will stack so you won’t loose any days.

+ RE_Player on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

@55 You can check how long you subscription is by going to Account Management on your PS3, than go to Transaction Management, than go to Services List and finally go to Playstation Plus. You should be able to see when your subscription expires. Also you do not lose months if you were to buy more now, they will be added to your account.

+ Detective-E on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

>Costume Quest
OMG
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, THANK YOU!

Now I need a card for Infamous.

+ fattytwenty on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

@ kaa_BOOmmmMMm
thanks man i was not in the know about this subject.
Game on !

+ fattytwenty on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Thank you everybody on the blog for helping me out on this subject. :)

+ remanutd5 on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

nice , how about giving us a free rental new released movie once a month too ?

+ InchesShot on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

more beta would be nice

+ Rene_Led on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

so far my main interest here is the discount for Infmaous addon.
Everything else, free stuff don’t hurt ;)

+ neuroned on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Damn. I already have Costume Quest! Just renewed plus, and was hoping for some BIG titles… especially considering that those of us early adopters who registered for a full year just renewed our subscriptions. Color me disappointed.

+ JamesL007 on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

That is an awesome list of stuff!!! This season is gonna kill my wallet yet ;)

+ TaleNaruto on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

First time commenting on here but just had to say thanks for being awesome Sony! You guys are really making PS+ worth it! :D.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Always read the comments on Plus and Store updates, as well as anything PSN related. So please don’t make your first comment your last; definitely value everyone’s feedback.

+ sess_testah on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

where is the portal 2 dlc peer review mentioned ?
valve says it will be released for all platform on the 4th of october

+ Darewind on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

For those wondering the mystery sega title is the arcade racer daytona usa.If you go to the sega site the song played for the hint is from the title song in that game.

+ MarkakaJin on October 3rd, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

No discount for Crisis 1? That sucks.

+ yellowjacket486 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

How much is the infamous content gonna cost?

+ Grosboeuf on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Have you got a date for Papa & Yo on the PSN please ? What a wonderful game view at E3 !

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Look for more info on Papo y Yo early next year.

+ wolfzero1 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

Costume Quest for free, sweet

+ ScarReaper83 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

price on RE5 PLEASE

+ JdelaMancha on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

@joebootoo Gracias!

+ lisatsunami on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Great news, thanks.

Oh, and 70plus posts, and no whiners! A record!!
(I know, it’s because we’re all Plusers)

+ MrBeatdown on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

Aw, I was hoping for a discount on Crysis tomorrow. Oh well. Not much for me this month. It’s a lot of stuff, but none of it is really up my alley, aside from Festival of Blood, but I think I’ll wait a while on that one.

Will there be any PS+ subscription offers any time soon?

+ Sponge-worthy on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

Costume Quest!

+ thundercat17 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

so where is payday: the heist? i feel bad for the suckers preordered it or bought the 4 games in psn play

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

PAYDAY was recently announced that it would slip a bit into October, but all those who are getting it for free, still get it very much for free.

+ TJF588 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

1) If I didn’t have Costume Quest, I’d love you.

2) 1000 Tiny Claws!!

3) Yep, gettin’ Sodium Collection.

4) Valkyria Chronicles II bundle? Crehp, I only need the DLC (and not even, since I…still haven’t started the game).

5) Mercury Hg for 50%? Sure. Especially with the PSP bundle trailer still sitting around on at least one of the devices.

6) A dragon theme? Coral.

7) Neat, Halloween avis.

8) What?! What was the point of buying Code: Veronica, then? Such assy controls… Guess I’ll take them as a challenge!

+ gdogg666 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

sony i only have a seasonal job r u guys tryin to bankrupt me omg!!!!

+ Nick36542 on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Costume Quest and Warhawk alone make this a great month for Plus! Can’t wait to try some of the full game trials, too!

+ PhadedWun on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

Not a fan of this.

At this rate – I’m not sure if I”m going to renew PLUS.

It’s been a while since I got something out of it I actually used.

+ poodude on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

Great month, aside from Warhawk nothing really free that interests me (already own Costume Quest) but I know those discounts will come in handy.

+ cwsluke on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

YAY inFAMOUS festival of blood discount! Thanks you guys!

+ WCKidRock on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

@22 6 or 7 games per month…that seems a bit much for only paying $50 for 15 months (that’s like $3 per month….a lot for that many games). My subscription has paid for itself 10 fold. the amount of games I now have (well over 50 from PSN+ alone) is amazing and the fact that I can save to the cloud…..easy a $10 per year value).

Keep up the good work…cannot wait to play costume quest, Resident Evil 5, ratchet and clank all for one etc!!

+ Erlaxis on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

Costume Quest? Yes, please!

Also, some interesting discounts… I’m getting buried in games, and the great season is only begining.

+ Ninja-KiLLR on October 3rd, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

awesome. alot of game trials which is great and costume quest. always wanted to try but im to cheap.

+ fishier on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

how do i get ps3 rewards like the select ,pro, legendary avatars

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

This was part of the PlayStation Rewards Beta experiment from lat year / early this year. We decided to close this down, but those who received these avatars from this program can still sport them around.

+ Permafry_42 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Even though I already have costume quest, i’m glad it’s getting released on ps+. I’m right now replaying it to celebrate Halloween! Just wish i could afford to buy the psn games that were discounted; don’t have any money right now!

+ MaximMicheal on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Will PS+ members get a discount on Crysis this month?

+ chaoszero14 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

So since there will be a full game trial for Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, does this mean it will be for sale on the PSN store? I hope so because i got a few PSN cards as gifts a while back.

+ fijski8 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Costume Quest is one of the BEST PSN games. It rocks!!

If you like Final Fantasy stuff, you’ll love CC.

Now.. tooo bad I already own it…

+ ImSoForKingBedS on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Awesome Lineup, but I would like to know when DC Universe online is going free to play!!! I’m ready to sign up for Legendary!!!

+ gdogg666 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

hey morgan thats one way also easyist way is to go to a plus game that was freee and check the info on it it should have the date of it being expired which is also the date of when anyones plus expires :D

+ BxNYCBonaoDR on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Can’t wait for the 20% discount for Infamous 2:Festival of Blood. I love that it’s a standalone game. That means, I don’t need the Infamous 2 disc(traded it in for Dead Island) in my PS3 to play it. Day 1 purchase.

+ KILLZONE79 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

sorry to bash but elemental monster was a nice price to buy only $.99 but once in the game u actually have to buy stuff, just saying

+ Ramage on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

Hi Morgan. Quick question.

I heard that Sony is looking to implement an “Online Pass” feature for all of its games going forward. If this is the case, it would be nice if PS+ users have automatic access to any “Online Pass” related features.

It would be REALLY nice if this was implemented in some way in which PS+ users didn’t even have to go to the store to download an activation code.

I saw you responding to a lot of messages so I figured this was a decent place to put my suggestion.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll make a note of it, but please note that Online Pass is a very large program that touches some very high profile releases; so it may not be anything that Plus can affect immediately, but appreciate the notion!

+ emiru69 on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Do you think would be possible to put the total price instead of just the %. I know is not a big deal but If I want to check the price of a product I have to (after reading the blog) go the store check the price, go back to the blog and calculate one by one the games that I’m planning to buy. It will safe us some time, thanks!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

I’m going to look into this for the next month’s post. Thanks for the feedback! It’s more a function of just making sure that it appears clean so people don’t get confused. I’ll work on it.

+ devilmosh on October 3rd, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

Wow, I was just telling my wife yesterday how cool it would be if we were given Costume Quest for Halloween. LOL, Get out of my head!

Seriously, though, thanks! That’s a wonderful treat.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 4th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Awesome! It’s quickly becoming a Halloween tradition =)