Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 11

Oct 11

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Goes Gold, Includes Starhawk Beta

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Nearly one year ago Entertainment Weekly broke the news that UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception was real and coming out in 2011. Today we have finally reached the point of breaking through that finish line tape in another marathon of game development. We’re proud to announce that the third installment in the UNCHARTED franchise has gone gold, and is on its way to being manufactured for its November 1st release. We can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the next chapter of Nathan Drake’s adventures as it hits store shelves and homes everywhere in just three short weeks!

UNCHARTED 3 Box Art

And as an added bonus, all retail copies of Uncharted 3 will include a voucher code for early access to the upcoming Starhawk Public Beta, which will be coming in early 2012. Just like Uncharted 3, Starhawk promises to provide an incredible multiplayer experience that only PS3 can deliver. Here’s a glimpse of what the voucher insert looks like, and you can keep tabs on StarhawkTheGame.com for more details.

Starhawk Beta Voucher: UNCHARTED 3

We also wanted to tell you about another very cool bonus that our tireless dev team helped produce. We’ll have four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of UNCHARTED 3 for free and available on the retail UNCHARTED 3 disc! Those of you attending our AMC Theatre events will be in for a special treat as we’ll have a teaser of some of that behind-the-scenes video content.

Be sure to check back to the PlayStation.Blog for more details and information about UNCHARTED 3 in the coming weeks as we rocket towards launch on November 1st. We’re excited to get the full retail game into your hands and hear your reactions very soon!

Add Your Own

Falaut said:

October 11th, 5:31 pm

This is crazy good! I knew from the moment I saw Starhawk, it was going to be on my to buy to fill my multiplayer void next year. Then Dust was announced, and I was torn. But now, since I know that Dust is using a plain jane Unreal Engine *facepalm*, the choice is very easy.

Come U3, I will play you to the ground…and then when Starhawk comes out, its on!

mpb93 said:

October 11th, 5:31 pm

unc3 soooooo beast

StealthBlade98 said:

October 11th, 5:31 pm

That’s great, can’t wait to purchase Uncharted 3. I’m doing a Uncharted marathon playthrough on my jagr06 youtube account. Cannot wait to dive into UC3 campaign :D

tiuur said:

October 11th, 5:33 pm

Any chance we see a Playable Demo before the Release Date? =)

bakerarmy said:

October 11th, 5:33 pm

This game is a epic SP game. Not many (myself included) care about the MP. I understand online passes for games that attract MP, even though I am against that. But you gave it away for the price of a 2 dollar subway drink. I for one, am not sold on the MP. Seems like a waste of time and effort.

You have went to the bottom of the list UC3. Maybe I will just rent you. That way no one wins, but the consumer.

Blkant said:

October 11th, 5:39 pm

Best news, EVER!

bakerarmy said:

October 11th, 5:41 pm

What is the big deal about access to a PUBLIC BETA? Starhawk will be another online pass game, and I am sure plus will either get it first or a week after.

I don’t see buying a MP only game with a online pass! It should all be apart of the development and marketing. they must have projected sales from the last game of the series.

TirianticoreZA said:

October 11th, 5:42 pm

Only four behind-the-scenes videos!? NO!!!!
I was hoping for a disc loaded with extra footage.
Uncharted 1 had the most. Uncharted 2 had some. Was hoping they’d blow us away with Uncharted 3.

Anyway, I guess the SP and MP will be enough.

BlooodyCow said:

October 11th, 5:44 pm

Like you need more reason to get this game :)

cjscott_07 said:

October 11th, 5:45 pm

Uncharted and early access to Starhawk.. CANT WAIT!! Thank you!

burningwind said:

October 11th, 5:48 pm

Thanks for not putting a giant beta logo on this like you did Infamous 2.

REDXJeenKs3000 said:

October 11th, 5:55 pm

YESSSS FOR SINGLE PLAYER

As for MP you need to FIX THE BLINDFIRE. Make it weaker.

REDXJeenKs3000 said:

October 11th, 5:57 pm

@55 just……………….shut up

KentoMaiku said:

October 11th, 6:03 pm

how many maps are included on the Disc of uncharted 3?

JaY_Ci_415 said:

October 11th, 6:14 pm

Sweet! Have a week’s work remaining of vacation hrs just waiting to be used up just in time for this amazing game. Bought the first 2 parts on day one and this of course is no exception.

Budapesti said:

October 11th, 6:21 pm

Was getting this on release day anyway, but the fact that the Starhawk beta is included (albeit not live until 2012) just makes me even happier.

Destiny89 said:

October 11th, 6:22 pm

Game of the Year!

station3fever said:

October 11th, 6:24 pm

online pass BS. IT’S ONLY A PAIN FOR HONEST PEOPLE.
oh and yes i did pre-order :)

bakerarmy said:

October 11th, 6:26 pm

@63 that’s a little hostile. I got the first and the second UC games. Just getting sick of being ripped off or squeezed for every cent I have. Even you post before was for single player. The MP for UC3 is lame, UC2 MP was better but not needed.

MarkakaJin said:

October 11th, 6:27 pm

My body is ready.

KazeEternal said:

October 11th, 6:28 pm

KEEP UGLY VOUCHER ART OFF THE PACKAGE!

t36066 said:

October 11th, 6:31 pm

Cool!!! I still haven’t played the first two uncharted games..!!!

Terard said:

October 11th, 6:33 pm

Sweet! Love Uncharted and WarHawk and I can tell I will love StarHawk! I have them both pre-ordered and am excited for both! Can’t wait! :)

Basindo said:

October 11th, 6:33 pm

Bakerarmy you are an idiot!

First of all, starhawk isn’t a multipler only game
Second, all the online pass does is help so that the developers actually get the money they deserve! Lets say Sony ships 100,000 copies to the stores. People buy those, so Sony ships another hundred thousand. Now let’s say that a 4th of the people that got the game trade it in. All that money goes to gamestop when people buy those used games, while Naughtdog is shafted in the ass. Is that “justice” that some greedy store that doesn’t do crap gets all the money while the ACTUAL maker of the game gets screwed.

Buy the game new or buy the pass if you buy it used because Naughtydog deserves every cent. If it wasnt for them the game wouldn’t be here in the first place so screw you

Stop being a baby

D-Squad3 said:

October 11th, 6:35 pm

OMG STARHAWK!!! Yes! When does the beta start?

Also please tell me that’s not the final box art case for Uncharted 3.

Terard said:

October 11th, 6:36 pm

I agree with 71 PLZ :)

caution49 said:

October 11th, 6:42 pm

Uncharted 3 is good enough but they just keep adding to it i cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!

DNAgent said:

October 11th, 6:44 pm

Uncharted 3 having an online pass without dedicated servers is exactly why I canceled my pre-order. I know I get the pass when I buy it new but I refuse to support any of this online pass garbage. I’ll rent the game for the single player and then send it back. If you don’t have dedicated servers then you shouldn’t have an online pass. If anything, the online pass is there just to try and hide the lackluster/tacked on multiplayer mode. If every Sony game starts doing this (and I’m sure it will) then I will avoid buying all of Sony’s games in the future too.

DARKKNIGHT_2518 said:

October 11th, 6:44 pm

@6 what is wrong with you? How have you never heard of uncharted?

DARKKNIGHT_2518 said:

October 11th, 6:45 pm

Also congrats on the gold!

bakerarmy said:

October 11th, 6:58 pm

@74 who ever said the developers get the money from the online pass? It is the greedy publisher. I support developer 95% of the game I have bought in my life are new. My point is simple, if they have a problem with game stop, then sell your game some where else! Don’t give them all the cool content for preorders and support them then turn around and screw the consumer for shoping there. I am sure gamestop does deals with these publishers to get that stuff. So it is messed up. Games are already over priced, I say sell it to me for 50 bucks and if I want to play online then I will give you ten more. People say the co her is included in the price, so let me buy it with out. UC3 would be fine without MP

Also that 10 dollar online pass is probably split between Sony, the publisher, and maybe some to the developer if their contract is written that way. The fact is you don’t know and I don’t either. But that is the way stuff works. If that makes me a idiot then you must be a dumb as a box of rocks.

vza004 said:

October 11th, 7:01 pm

Paycheck:

1.Phonebill
2.Game < Preordering Uncharted 3
3.Game < Buying the Uncharted Dual Pack

Complete Uncharted trilogy… Priceless.

x_Arch-Angel_x said:

October 11th, 7:11 pm

Best news I heard all day!

twistedfloyd said:

October 11th, 7:19 pm

@3 HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, great news about SH beta. I’m so pumped for U3 I could scream (in a good way). I’m ready for the GOTY!

SnDin9 said:

October 11th, 7:22 pm

Too many game coming out this year and the next! I’ve got BF3 and AC:R coming so that should do :P. I have co-workers bugging me to play the UC series, I played the beta but that was about it.

sumpunk said:

October 11th, 7:28 pm

not looking forward to many things. but this, yeah, i am definitely looking forward to this! after ive finished this game, i’ll only have the vita to anticipate :D
as long as this game is half as good as the second installment it will be awesome!
getting a starhawk demo is pretty sweet too.

AbelinZ said:

October 11th, 7:32 pm

MW3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMB626 said:

October 11th, 7:40 pm

I wasn’t sure If I was going to be able to get this game with so many releases, but once I saw Starhawk.. I say forget MW3 & BF3, I know UNCHARTED 3 IS BEAST, and it comes with my Favorite title’s Beta also? Sold!
I already missed out on MotorStorm Apocalypse and Resistance 3…, I refuse to miss Uncharted.

teekomeeko said:

October 11th, 7:41 pm

OMG Starhawk beta! Heck, I was already getting Uncharted 3, but man is that a superb bonus.

LordRaoh said:

October 11th, 7:53 pm

Thank you.

I did not need another reason to buy Uncharted 3 but you gave me one. Like I said in another forum, this isn’t icing on the cake, its a second helping of cake.

I’ve said for a while, Sony needs standards when it comes to development. Naughty Dog (and it’s other top devs like lightbox, santa monica should expand and oversee some of Sony’s first party games.

Naughty Dog should oversee Zipper Interactive. UC3 multiplayer but with the navy seals seriousness of SOCOM would great.

No Sony first or second party developer should ever release a game that requires an install or be sub hd or lack polish. If they can’t then they need to go and work under naughty dog for a short time and learn something.

Uncharted 3 will be a huge success so I wish Naughty Dog even further success on their next project.

DieUnbeliever said:

October 11th, 8:03 pm

@6 Where have you been the past 4 years? O_O

Uncharted 2 alone won a million GAME OF THE YEAR awards! How can you miss that? It was friggin EVERYWHERE. Why? Because it was AWESOME!

Keep up the amazing work Naughty Dog. I was sold on the Uncharted 3 alone! The extra bonuses are great! Also, keep up your GREAT DLC prices! :D

Uncharted’s DLC are pretty much the only ones I care to buy because ND actually give a hoot hoot about their fans! :D

Band2eto said:

October 11th, 8:07 pm

The Naughty GODS have done it again!
Can’t wait to plantium this EPIC game!!!

Rick1220 said:

October 11th, 8:10 pm

Do copies of Uncharted 3 that come in the upcoming Uncharted 3 PS3 Bundle include the voucher as well?

qwertyuiop357 said:

October 11th, 8:18 pm

AWESOME :D

And wasn’t this the old boxart as well? hmmm

AliHassan786 said:

October 11th, 8:22 pm

UNCHARTED 3 ALL THE WAY. STARHAWK SUCKS….

ATLRoAcH said:

October 11th, 8:25 pm

@6 Zezzler

Nice try. I checked out your trophies and you’ve played Uncharted 1&2. You got some attention though so mission accomplished!

sciteach said:

October 11th, 8:32 pm

Loving the online beta already. looking forward to the full game.

dllscowboysfan said:

October 11th, 8:39 pm

Congrats ND. My wife and I will be each picking up a copy day one.

jazzyrider said:

October 11th, 8:54 pm

Meh, keep the Starhawk beta. I’ll be too busy playing Uncharted over and over! :)

Sponge-worthy said: