PS4 - Transistor

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Goes Gold, Includes Starhawk Beta

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on Oct 11, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Nearly one year ago Entertainment Weekly broke the news that UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception was real and coming out in 2011. Today we have finally reached the point of breaking through that finish line tape in another marathon of game development. We’re proud to announce that the third installment in the UNCHARTED franchise has gone gold, and is on its way to being manufactured for its November 1st release. We can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the next chapter of Nathan Drake’s adventures as it hits store shelves and homes everywhere in just three short weeks!

UNCHARTED 3 Box Art

And as an added bonus, all retail copies of Uncharted 3 will include a voucher code for early access to the upcoming Starhawk Public Beta, which will be coming in early 2012. Just like Uncharted 3, Starhawk promises to provide an incredible multiplayer experience that only PS3 can deliver. Here’s a glimpse of what the voucher insert looks like, and you can keep tabs on StarhawkTheGame.com for more details.

Starhawk Beta Voucher: UNCHARTED 3

We also wanted to tell you about another very cool bonus that our tireless dev team helped produce. We’ll have four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of UNCHARTED 3 for free and available on the retail UNCHARTED 3 disc! Those of you attending our AMC Theatre events will be in for a special treat as we’ll have a teaser of some of that behind-the-scenes video content.

Be sure to check back to the PlayStation.Blog for more details and information about UNCHARTED 3 in the coming weeks as we rocket towards launch on November 1st. We’re excited to get the full retail game into your hands and hear your reactions very soon!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ bakerarmy on October 12th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

Actually I still play many PS2 games online, with my PS3. I only rent few games when I can’t afford to buy it day one. Like killzone 3 (loved it and bought it right away) same with dead island. But a game like R3 i rented and beat it, couldnt try online so back it went. Look at EA they still let you try online for a week.

The point is I always buy new ( you are right 5 bucks ain’t worth it) the only time I buy used is for older games that aren’t available new at that time.

I just want to stick up for the end user. Ten bucks to play a game online when the system is advertised free online.
It starts somewhere and the next generation will be even more of the same unless we say no.

Games seldom get pushed back to fix bugs. They release and patch later. The online pass is another tactic the publisher uses.

I support developers 100 percent, it is the publishers I have a problem with.

I will buy UC3 new, but it won’t be day one.

+ HadouKen_o0 on October 12th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

did not like the u3, only noobs with L1 pressed, without the ability lagy out!

+ nycredude on October 12th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Bakerarmy

I understand your concern and what you think you are trying to do. But I think you should think it through more. I can guarantee that this isn’t just the decision of publishers. Many developers have and will continue to voice their concern about used games sales cause bottom line is development cost are getting higher and higher and we as gamers expect more out of games these days. They can’t raise prices cause we won’t settle for that so they have to find way to make up the difference. You are really just sticking up for retailers who make their money off used games sales. These retailer don’t need our help.

You say you support the developers but you have a problem with the publisher? That doesn’t make sense because you can’t have one without the other cause most developers can’t fund themselves adequately. If you were investing in something isn’t it fair to look out for your investor and try to make a return? It’s business 101 and common sense.

Lastly, If you buy most of your games new, and plan to buy UC3 new, then I don’t understand what the issue is here. Let the people this affects worry about it and just enjoy gaming.

+ jimboiscool1 on October 12th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Nice!!! I’m obviously getting uncharted 3 (my avatar…lol) and I thought Star hawk was cool. Thanks Sony and Naughty Dog ,Santa Monica and Light box!!!

+ Big_Hawk97 on October 12th, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

So Happy!!!!!!

+ jay-rad44 on October 12th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

cant wait for mine to arrive, so excited! :D

+ DEE-JAY98 on October 12th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

First, any chance we’ll see Chloe Frazier naked? Second, will U3 have more watercraft and vehicular chases?

+ jahmekyat on October 12th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

Pre-Ordered the Collectors Edition… Can’t Wait!

+ Chelle01 on October 12th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

i’ll be there for you Uncharted XD

+ TrblTrbl2 on October 12th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

BRING IT!!!!!!

+ ProTeGe_SxFeaRz on October 12th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

At Zezzler…

HOW COME YOU DONT KNOW UNCHARTED!! LIKE CMON!!

+ jdoub5678 on October 12th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT uncharted 3 is releasing on a friday WOW seriously first game in my life ive seen release on a friday its a special time in my life so I HAVE to get it

+ platanasos on October 12th, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

excellent! I preordered it aleady!

+ aloOoy_96 on October 12th, 2011 at 11:20 pm said:

روعة:)

+ PirateHarlock on October 13th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

@nycredude & the other trolls defending the idiotic pass. Instead of coming here attacking people with legit complaints you should go buy a clue instead. used games have been around since day 1 of gaming systems in the home. not once in over 30 years has a single developer gone bankrupt from used game sales. Your lies are beyond laughable. You really need to give your head a shake if you think 1 cent of this illegitimate game tax is going to developers, it isn’t. Its a scam perpertrated to have us all pay for psn so sony can continue the false advertising that PSN is “free”. It’s a lie plain and simple, theres no excuse for it. So trotting out the same old lies in its defense only serves to show the world your own stupidity.

+ biggunner7 on October 14th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Uncharted 3 and Starhawk talk about V.I.P right there
P.S you ROCK! Naughty Dog

+ lilbthedon2 on October 15th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

ugh more online passes i hate having to pay 4 them 10$ realy lower the prices plz sony

+ J1K3L4I5H6 on October 17th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

Is there going to be any downloadable content for this game?

+ Explosio5 on October 19th, 2011 at 6:56 am said:

When does the demo for Uncharted 3 release on the PlayStation Store?

: )

+ ayoubali2 on October 22nd, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

is this only for the US? because i live in the UK and i would love to get my hands on the beta

+ MrGamerz123 on November 4th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

This game is near perfect. I would say that my one and only complaint is that enemies have to much health. I shouldn’t have to shoot a guy twice with a dragon sniper to kill him. Will there be a patch that will decrease the health in the near future?

+ MrGamerz123 on November 4th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Also, will their be new guns to buy as DLC? That would be awesome!

+ mathster09 on November 4th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

This is a great game!! campaign takes me away to a land called heaven ;D LOOOOOOOOOOL

PAGE 1 2 3 4