PS4 - Transistor

Marvel Pinball: Ghost Rider Trailer, PS Vita Plans

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Oct 13, 2011 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

It’s been pretty busy here at Zen Studios, and we just had to take a break to fill you all in on some pretty exciting developments with the Marvel Pinball series. If you rewind back to San Diego Comic-Con, you may remember we announced a brand new four-table pack, Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue. Ghost Rider, half of the “Vengeance” part of the title, was the first table revealed, and to this point there have only been a handful of screens to explore – but today, right here on the PlayStation.Blog, we are giving you a first look at Johnny Blaze, Lucifer, and Zadkiel in action.

Did you see what we did there??? “A virtuous announcement coming to New York Comic Con.” Yes, we will be revealing a new table this Saturday @ 1:15 – 2:15 during the Marvel Games panel at NYCC. Any guesses on the reveal?

Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

On to some PS Vita news! Marvel Pinball is looking really sharp on PlayStation’s upcoming handheld. We cannot say enough about how freaking awesome this new device is and how amazing it is to develop on. Marvel Pinball is making full use of PS Vita’s coolest features, including both front- and back-panel touch support, gyro sensor, accelerometer and last but not least, cross-platform functionality with PSN. As we get closer to the release of Marvel Pinball on PS Vita, we will definitely provide more details on all of these features. One more thing: Look for Marvel Pinball to be available for PS Vita starting day one!

As you can see, there is a lot of Marvel Pinball love coming to PlayStation. Stay tuned to NYCC for news on the next table reveal. I will be checking this post throughout the weekend to answer questions. Thanks!

+ D-Squad3 on October 13th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Vita FTW!!! And First

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

We are very excited about Vita. As gamers AND developers.

+ zaca21 on October 13th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

i would watch the video but youtube is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and it will sit here and buffer for hours

+ Williamsky on October 13th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

I wonder if one of the ? is Blackout.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

Lot’s of speculation, but there will be two tables based on Vengeance, and two on Virtue. Ghost Rider obviously fits the Vengeance side of things.

+ rockinjs864 on October 13th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

If you ever threw out a plus discount for Marvel Pinball I would be all of this if not I guess I’ll have to wait til next year when it’s reduced or free

+ Creative_ae on October 13th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Vita will destroy iPhone and iPod gaming, OMG cant wait for this awesome Portable device release it please T.T

+ ItsNymo on October 13th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

Vita? Quality pinball gaming on the go? Yes please! :D
Can’t wait to see what the other tables will be and more!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

You will not have to wait long. More news will come during New York ComicCon this weekend.

+ remanutd5 on October 13th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

stop teasing us sony , we want vita release date !!!

+ remanutd5 on October 13th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

and please sony i hope the ps4 and psvita support youtube , i hope we will be able to upload youtube videos from our consoles , all games should support that feature

+ LilWayneSuckz on October 13th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

You guys kinda suck for what you said about PSN….

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

A lot of what we said was not presented in full context. That is another part of the company anyway, we told that guy to keep his mouth shut. PSN is a great service and PlayStation fans are awesome people.

+ remanutd5 on October 13th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

at 9 spill the beans son , what did they say ?

+ devilmosh on October 13th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

That second question mark looks… strange ;)

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Any guesses?

+ Apollo4x on October 13th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

That is cool and all and sounds good but when is the Vita coming out. I have been foaming at the mouth for this system for several months now.

+ lisatsunami on October 13th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

@12, Amazon sent me an email this week saying my Vita pre order has been pushed back to end of March
Hope this helps.

+ brianR on October 13th, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

ya what is up about you guys talking about psn . kick a man when he is down!!!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

People wanted to talk about how small devs were affected by the outage, they took only a handful of what we had to say. One of the biggest things we pointed out but was not reported was how AWESOME the welcome back package was. It was extremely generous, and helped make everyone feel good about coming back to PSN.

+ materclobber on October 13th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

i’m really impressed with playstation vita. cool post love ghost rider he’s in my top 10 fav super heroes

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Ghost Rider has a style all his own. He’s the renegade, it was really fun capturing his personality on a table. And Vita is amazing, simply said.

+ brianace on October 13th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

Not sure about virtue. But the second “vengeance” table has to be the Punisher. Love Marvel pinball; the FF and Cap tables were great!

+ Carl-G on October 13th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

“Yes, we will be revealing a new table this Saturday @ 1:15 – 2:15 during the Marvel Games panel at NYCC. Any guesses on the reveal?”

Erm a DC Comics table? :D

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

I can confirm it is not a DC table:) I can also confirm the table reveal will be “virtuous.”

+ lisatsunami on October 13th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

@Zsolt: Actually, most of us never left, & I realized how much I missed surfing the store every night. But the Welcome Back package was very generous despite what the grumblers said.

I’m pretty sure that most of us felt concern for the devs, especially the indies, during that period, so we do understand your frustrations, in a small way.

But, water under the bridge now. All we care about is amazing, fun games.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Thanks for your concern, it really ended up being OK.

Totally agree, it’s all about the games!

+ shogun00 on October 13th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

The second image looks like the Hulk and the third image looks like The Punisher. I can’t make out the four image though.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 13th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

So the iphone and android phones get a GTAIII port, 3DS gets MH exclusively, and Vita gets…..a Pinball game. Sorry, but I can’t get excited for this.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Well, if pinball is not your thing, there are a bunch of great games coming to Vita. IGN just wrote up a nice article on some of the best games they saw (hands on), check it out: http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1198661p1.html

Might change your mind?

+ shogun00 on October 13th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Correction! The third one is Dr. Strange. I mixed the two up (The Punisher and Dr. Strange).

Someone pointed out on another forum, that the fourth one may be Magneto.

+ xBaTmaNx384 on October 13th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

cool i wonder if its going to have online that would be awsome

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 13th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

There will definitely be online features. Cannot say what exactly yet, but lots of connectivity with other players.

+ IVAN_COMPARAN on October 13th, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

is there any word about getting new stuff for pre-ordering mw3 or bf3?.. becuase they said they will give us some cool stuff till the games realeas… please replay :(

+ Souledge94 on October 13th, 2011 at 9:28 pm said:

OMG GHOST RIDER!!!! will the vita pinball game have all the tables or just in the vengence and virtue pack.

+ modernDAYaltair on October 13th, 2011 at 10:39 pm said:

PUNISHER!

+ LilWayneSuckz on October 13th, 2011 at 10:55 pm said:

@Zsolt Kigyossy

What the employee said in the article was completely malicious and made it seem as if PSN is irrelevant and Xbox Live is the end all service for game developers. Rather than say what that employee said was “taken out of context,” your company should have issued an apology to any PlayStation fans who have purchased Zen Studios’ past works. I’m glad Zen Studios still considers PSN a platform worth releasing games on, but right now I don’t believe you deserve any success until Zen Studios issues some sort of retraction.

+ starBlinky01 on October 13th, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

Second question mark is the Rock Man from Fantastic Four

+ nyc_haze on October 14th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

thats master mole apocalypse and magneto

+ Alwc37 on October 14th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

Hypno74 posted a vid a few days ago of the official x-men trailer. He has since taken it down, so I am guessing he jumped the gun on it and it will be the next to be announced. It showed you using cerebro to find the x-men and recruit them then training them in the danger room. It also showed a face off with Magneto, looked pretty damn cool.

As for the other 2 tables, guessing Hulk and Dr Strange.

+ DrPhiill on October 14th, 2011 at 6:22 am said:

VITA!!!!!!! <3 sounds great guys! keep the awesome news coming!

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 14th, 2011 at 7:13 am said:

Thanks! More news on the way, and we have more games in the works for VIta. We will talk about them as soon as we can.

+ KANE8891 on October 14th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Vita owners will be limited to downloads of 20MB or less over 3G.
Is this for ATNT users (free) or everyone? What if i pay a additional charge for unlimited data transfer, will i be able to transfer more? Will this limit bi integrated in the software it self?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 14th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

Hi Kane, I wish I knew the answers to these, but I think your questions are probably better directed to the folks at Sony.

+ polo155 on October 14th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

I don’t see why there’s so much Vita talk and NO DATE ANNOUNCED!

That fact that there’s not even a date has me ignoring any talk about it because that talk gets old fast. The only thing I’m paying any attention to on Vita currently is the Download max of 20MB. Paying for 3G and 20MB cap?! Hmm!

I never believed what ppl said about Sony and that they make good hardware (and i supported Sony hugely) but after my PS3 then PSP 2000, 3000 & n-1001 (PSP Go) I’m realizing with this company one cannot be a first adopter because you can be left with hardware with NO support.

When my apt was robbed Sony had me do things so they “can help me locate the PSP Go” and once I did all that I NEVER heard from Sony again… If I called they simply say its a security matter we cannot discuss with you. I’m like huh? I’m the one who got you everything they needed to check for nothing…

Make a guy in a wheelchair jump thru loops to then leave him holding his own lol too hilarious!

I was actually stoked when they contacted ME to help me “locate” my device.

Good Day all, Zen Pinball is fun, I own it!

+ devilmosh on October 14th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

It’s definitely a day-one purchase for me. Both Zen pinball games are the best I’ve ever played – highly addictive and you can tell the devs really love the work.

As for the outage, everyone was frustrated, even Sony. But it’s over and it doesn’t matter what was said. FWIW, I tried to do my part to support devs by buying as much as I could over the summer, and any Zen tables that I didn’t have were among the first when PSN was back.

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 14th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Thank you! And we do love what we do, it is a joy coming to the studio every single day.

+ shades909 on October 15th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

When Vita will get a good rpg i will buy a vita and this game until then i have no intention to buy a Vita.

+ Bearded_Warrior on October 15th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

X-Men is next! Great news! So tell me Zsolt, is Archangel on the table?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 15th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Happy to hear you are excited about X-Men. Currently no plans for Archangel here, but possibly on another table:)

+ Williamsky on October 15th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Just saw the X-men trailer for their table and it was nice. Magneto changing the table is a really cool idea. Post 36 mentions Archangel and Zsolt responds “possibly on another table:)”, so my question is, Is the 2nd ? in the above picture Apocalypse?

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on October 15th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

You will just have to wait and see! I think it is going to throw everyone for a loop. Magneto plays a big role in the X-Men table, we were really able to translate his powers and abilities well on the pinball table.

+ StinkyMoney5 on October 16th, 2011 at 1:18 am said:

Glad to hear this game is coming to Vita. I think this game fits the smart phone and gaming handheld scene better.

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 16th, 2011 at 2:48 am said:

I recently got into Pinball Heroes on my PSP, but seeing Marvel Pinball will be available on the Vita… wow, I’ll be jumping all over this. The lineup of content for the PSV just keeps getting better and better. Hurry up and confirm a release date please, Sony. You’ve got my money, I’d like my new handheld! XD

+ KANE8891 on October 16th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

I heard that i won’t be able to connect “MY” PSP VITA to my Bravia?.Its thet true? You can connect the PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 and PSP Go to a tv easily, way not the PSP VITA it has easily the horse power to make a good quality picture (maybe with a overscale option-connected to a power supply)? I know thet the picture is crisper on a smaller (OLED)screen but i what to see how well the picture comes out like the first intruduction with MetalGearSolid 4 Guns Of The Patriotes on the big screen.