PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Working Together in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Oct 13, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

We’re just a few days away from Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One releasing exclusively for PlayStation 3. We hope you’re looking forward to exploring Planet Magnus, upgrading your arsenal, and solving the mystery of the Creature Collector with your friends. With that in mind, we wanted to show you a sweet video we put together, highlighting the big co-op moments in the game. It will take a team effort to steer a taxi through the vertical city streets of Luminopolis, or to coordinate the powerful turrets on the back of a massive robotic Guardian, and this video shows how players will have to work together.

Can’t wait until next week to get a taste of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One? You can check out an offline four-player co-op demo of the game right now, included on specially marked Blu-Ray and Combo Pack Blu-rays of the Sony Pictures film Zookeeper, starring Kevin James. That should definitely tide you over until the full game launches on October 18th!

Also, in case you haven’t heard, Target will be releasing an exclusive version of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One that includes a voucher code for a FREE digital copy of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (a $15 value). If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance to get it for free with purchase!

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One box

We hope you’re excited to play it, the team in North Carolina had a blast making it and is looking forward to playing with you online!

+ Ed243 on October 13th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

I thought you can only get quest for booty when you pre order it. So those this mean I can just buy it and still get quest for booty without pre ordering?

+ KazeEternal on October 13th, 2011 at 7:46 am said:

so let me get this straight, loyal R&C fans get nothing. Why can’t these codes have dual benefits? Like if you already have QFB then you get a special skin, an Insomniac PSOne/PS2 classic, A special weapon from Tools of Destruction or A Crack in Time that no one else gets…..

+ M-Easy on October 13th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

Does this game have an Online Pass?

+ remanutd5 on October 13th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

why cant we use the right analog stick as the camera like any other Ratchet game ?

+ AguilarX on October 13th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

really? same day as arkham city? ill just wait till this game is $30. uncharted and skyrim are also waiting

+ DrPhiill on October 13th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

Why Sony & Insomniac!!!!! WHY! so many amazing games you bringing to my beloved Console!!!! need more time and money, got a job for me in one of your departments, aka the blog, so i can work with these games insted of what i do now :D

+ Juhal_1234 on October 13th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

dissapointed………..

you ruined ratchet had my hopes for this game

played beta wow…….. it really sucked

insomniac you failed yourself

the only good game was

ratchet and clank 3

and ratchet and clank 2

the rest was okay but come on

right analog to change weapons????

R1 to shoot???????

ruined

this is what ruined good games

+ bobcat77 on October 13th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Hey guys..I received a beta code from the rls for R&C ALL4ONE but have not had time to play video games. I only have one code…First gamer to message me gets it.

I have always been told that games should be played…not collected….

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 13th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

It’s probably invalid. The beta closed out a few weeks ago =/

+ bobcat77 on October 13th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Oh ok Thanks Christian Cardona!!!!! See you next time!!!

+ yin69yang on October 13th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I LOVE RATCHET & CLANK!!! One of my favorite series and “A Crack in Time” was my first platinum :-)

Please convince Sony to do a HD collection for the PS2/PSP games and add trophy support for “Tool of Destruction” and “Quest for Booty”. I’ll pay to add trophy support.

I can’t wait for this game i pre-ordered it at Best Buy MONTHS ago for the bonus :-D

Although i am not happy about the stupid online pass. You just ruin it for people who can’t afford it and have to rent it or buy it used.

+ PurplePigs on October 13th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Any chance we’ll see a HD collection of Ratchet and Clank? The Sly Collection has one. I heard a Jak and Daxter is getting one. Any chance we’ll see a Ratchet and Clank one?

+ Imputed7-14 on October 13th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

I just do not get how there are people who can say this ruins the game. I 4 one (see what I did there?) have enjoyed the older games and have also enjoyed the Beta for this. It is just a difference in design choice. Oddly enough, my wife, who could not get into the older games had a blast playing the Beta with me. I also have a few friends who have never played a R&C title who are picking this one up, just so we can all play together.

Come on, super fans, enjoy games for what they are, not what they should be in your heads. Insomniac, you have a purchase from me. Not day one, but certainly before Christmas.

+ Dustinwp on October 13th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Already have it pre-ordered. Can’t wait to get it in my PS3! I do really hope to see another R&C trilogy like the future trilogy, though.

+ remanutd5 on October 13th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

at 7 , yea i have all the ps3 ratchet games ( 1 platinum trophy ) and love them all ( even Quest for Booty ) but i dont like All 4 One controls one bit and thats why i wont get it , too bad i was gonna buy 2 copies to play with my 7 years old nephew but the camera was a deal breaker for me

+ ReptileHand on October 13th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Argh! I’m torn between this and Best Buy. The Pyro Blaster was my favorite and deadliest weapon from Tools of Destruction. I haven’t played Quest for Booty yet. I don’t know which is better, Getting a $15 game for free or getting early access to my favorite weapon?

+ Dyoxen on October 13th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Will be picking this up since i love this series and i also have to agree about an HD collection of the previous R&C games. C’mon guys just put the damn collection together for us!!! This series with full trophy support would be awesome!!! Make it so.

+ fedex682 on October 13th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Cristian Cardona,

Please Please Please give us a Ratchet and Clank HD collection! Please pass on the info to Insomniac and Sony. Gamers want the HD collection!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 13th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

We hear you loud and clear =)
    We just don’t have anything to say about it. =/

+ yin69yang on October 13th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Insomniac games said they won’t do a HD collection because they are making their new multiplatform stuff but they said they will support Sony if they do it, which is why i directed my suggestion to Sony, it’s all on them.

+ Juhal_1234 on October 13th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

@ 14

exactly

i mean what happened to insomniac???

ratchet and clank 3 multiplayer was awsome

hell they changed everything

even clank he’s tall………..

thats not my ratchet and clank

the ratchet and clank i know is clank being smart and ratchet well he mocks clank for it =P sometimes……

clank on ratchet’s back

hell gliding with clank is gone the mass destruction weapons is gone

+ Juhal_1234 on October 13th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

wait?????? online pass
YOU MEAN WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ONLINE FEATURES????????

THAT SUCKS SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I CANT PLAY MY COUSINS????????

OMG

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 13th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

If you buy it new, you don’t have to pay for the online features. Just enter the voucher code into the PlayStation Store and you’ll have access. Buy it used or borrow it, however, and you will have to purchase an online pass to access that portion of the game (unless you’re using the same PSN ID).

+ CCSchott on October 13th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

I love Ratchet & Clank. :)

I just played through the Future trilogy again, and I realized that a Ratchet & Clank Future Greatest Hits Dual Pack would be pretty sweet for anyone who missed out on the original games.

+ wolfzero1 on October 13th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

is there going to be a demo released on PSN,? I’m not sure if I want to get this game, even though I love the Ratchet series, & I have no desire to buy the Zookeeper just to play a demo.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on October 13th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

Yes. We’ll have a demo out in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out!

+ Suicide_Surfer on October 14th, 2011 at 4:33 am said:

when will the reviews start rolling in?

+ Welmosca on October 14th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

I love ratchet series and cant wait to get my hands on all4one…I really cant wait…and I’ll be getting this and Uncharted 3 together….of course ratchet first.

+ Mattsta001 on October 15th, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

As much as I love the R&C series, think this is going to bomb. You guys would be better off putting it on PSN for $40 or less. Maybe something to think about in the coming months. Move support would have ensured more sales too.

+ lilbthedon2 on October 15th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

why does every awesome game have a online pass that costs 10$ the mortal kombat one was a waste of money for 3 maps but ratchet and clank serise has been growing for 10 years and fans ( like me ) arent going to waste psn card money on online passes any more.
the online passes should be free with the game in the instruction manual.

+ ratchetcool44 on October 16th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

hay do u guys think that psn is going to sell ratchet and clank all 4 one on the playstation store?

+ SlipKrit on October 16th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

I love this series so much im buying this game on day 1.

+ thestankydiaper on October 16th, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

does anyone know when the demo will be out on psn? NOT THE BETA, THE DEMO

+ newguy-91 on October 19th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Hey I just got this game from gamefly and I don’t know where to find the online pass. I know it has to be downloaded for people who rent the game but the pass is nowhere to be found in the playstation store. Does anyone know where to get it, please respond.

+ Noaxzl on October 21st, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

I’m really disappointed with you guys on this one. Right now, I can’t afford to spend as much money as I used to on games that I like, so I had to rent this game from a Redbox kiosk. It’s bad enough that you’re asking me to pay $10 just so I can play with my friends online, many of which are real-life friends that I don’t live near anymore. But just out of curiosity, I checked on the PSN store to see if the pass was available. I couldn’t find the friggin’ thing anywhere. I checked disc-based add-on downloads and saw the Resistance 3 online pass, but not the All 4 One pass. This effectively screws second-hand buyers out of the online multiplayer completely.

Have you seen The Jimquisition or Extra Credits? They talked about why this whole Online Pass scheme is a bad way to get some compensation from used buyers and suggested some better ideas.

+ bombshell94 on October 26th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

i think its funny (not the haha funny, the other kind of funny) that so many people have been talking about wanting a HD remake of all the ps2 R&C titles with trophies. i have actually brought that issue up on the ps3trophies.com forum. u guys should look for it and register. but i also think they will. i mean u cant blame them. they just got done with an amazing game. i saw how long it takes for the cover art… that took eight months already. so theyve been pretty busy. but i’ll share in your anticipation. i really would like ps2 titles to come back. i just bought another copy of R&C 2, 3 (both were scratched beyond use from years of play) and i love them just as much as ps3 R&C titles. but dont hold your breath for trophies on R&C tools of destruction and quest for booty. that just sounds like its a pain i you really think about all they would have to do.

+ bombshell94 on October 26th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

@Juhal
it makes sense that u cant move the camera freely. if that was possible u would have to split the screen in 4 which they obviously did not want that effect to be in the game. the single screen idea makes it more teamworky. and R1 to shoot? dude…they had that for like, the past 3 ps3 R&C titles. even for R&C 3 u had the option. and personally, i think it functions a lot better that way.

+ piedmont88 on November 7th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

All 4 One is a huge dissappointment. Simple and restrictive game play ruins the series.
I feel that if Insomniac does not get back to the core game play of R&C 2 and R&C 3, A Crack in Time will probably be the best version the series will ever see.