PS4 - Destiny

PAYDAY: The Heist Available today on PlayStation Store

Chris Sturr's Avatar + Posted by Chris Sturr on Oct 18, 2011 // Executive Director of Business Development, Sony Online Entertainment

Attention PAYDAY crew! The time has come – PAYDAY: The Heist officially launches today on the PlayStation Network, developed by OVERKILL Software and published by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). Grab your masks, don’t forget the ammo and most importantly make sure you bring along your friends!

Dive full force into six heists of co-op madness, fighting off cops, stealing large sums of money and embarking on the ultimate high-intensity, first-person shooter adventure. To kick-off launch, take a look at the never before seen Heat Street Heist trailer (which might look familiar to some of you movie buffs):

In case you missed them previously, here’s the entire series of heist trailers…

• Slaughterhouse – View the trailer that highlights one of the most difficult heists featured in the game. Click here for trailer.
  • Green Bridge – Intense bridge explosions, mass destruction and lots of casualties all in the hopes of a successful prisoner escape over the deep sea. Click here for trailer.
  • Diamond Heist – Stealthily commandeer a caper of the worlds’ most precious stones. Click here for trailer.
  • Panic Room – Burst onto the seedy scene of a deal gone bad and blast out the roof in order to retrieve the big bucks. Click here for trailer.
  • First World Bank – Sweet talk your way into the vault and grab the goods in the classic First World Bank Heist. Click here for trailer.

Check out the PAYDAY: The Heist website for more info. Thanks again for your patience and support. I’m looking forward to the in-game action!

373 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

ugh… its not working

+ cywulf21 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

The game is awesome, however i have a couple of lines i would like to drop for feedback. There’s no tutorial to begin with and the game does a poor job of explaining much. It’s learn as you go. In the future make sure to consider a tutorial or a help feature, having to figure out that you need to hold select and press O, X or Square to change class should be explained in details, this isn’t something i should have figured out by mistake. Also when playing single player, your team mates are almost brain dead, they dont go for objectives. Using a can of thermite, only to leave the vault and run all the way back out to get the second can when a team mate could have brought it along in the first place really reeks. Asides from that, the game rocks. Looking forward to what you do in the future with the game.

+ Brendar on October 18th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Protip: Don’t write a post about a game being released until it’s actually released.

Honestly, I feel like I jinxed this launch…I took the day off of work to play this game. That never works out well…

And where is Rocketbirds?! Ugh. That being said, I did pick up Sideway: New York today … awesome game, highly recommended if you like platformers.

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

u did jinx it get him

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

I’m hoping that the 8 o’ clock eastern thing is right. I almost feel like everyone who’s saying they’re playing it on PS3 is full of it. Why would it be released in some areas and not. I get the whole Time zone thing, but really? 8 o clock at night? I was more excited to play this than Batman: Arkham City today! And now it’s never coming!….I’m sure it’s on it’s way…..(sigh)

+ Brendar on October 18th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

please, not the face…

+ surfbyrd7 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

dude i got work off too!!

+ SN1P3PR095 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

*Twiddling thumbs in anger*

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

get the face (balls) face

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

Well roughly 5 mins left till 8 here…..hoping it shows up. We’ll see!

+ SN1P3PR095 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

if not ill karate chop sonys nuts

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

get the nuts hard

+ FERRET420 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

FYI – Just beat my first level…AWESOME GAME!!! Well worth the wait for those who still don’t have access (unsure why some have it and other don’t…must be to prevent an overload of the download server).

Enjoy it when it’s out my fellow PSN peeps.

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

we need 2 blog sony 2 death or till they give us payday the heist whos with me

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

thanks for rubbing it in FERRET420

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

shut up ferret

+ SN1P3PR095 on October 18th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

im with you

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

I AM i just need to check with my mom… JK

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

WHOS WITH MEEEEEEE

+ mitcho2013 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

At 8:30 Eastern if it the store isn’t updated, I will freak out!

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

add me sn1p3pr095

+ JMCDANIELJOSH on October 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

I stay in texas and we dont have the game yet.

+ donsheff on October 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

just got home from work…this is some bs!!! NO PAYDAY!!!

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

8:00 PM alright sony dont disappoint… oh wait sony always disappoint

+ mitcho2013 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Ferret you just marked yourself a target for approx. 1/5 of the community.

+ cywulf21 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

By the way, make sure to tie hostages up, that way if one of you gets arrested you can trade for one of the hostages. That’s something else the game doesn’t tell you.

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

add me donsheff

+ mezzo20 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

Still can’t find “PAYDAY: The Heist” on North American PSN Store.

+ donsheff on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

i got you mpb93

+ mitcho2013 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

btw, add me if you want a “Partner in Crime” (that should be a trophy name “Partners in Crime: Fully complete a heist with all co-op partners being on your friends list”)

+ diddy225 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

Thats it im trading in my ps3 back to xbox *leaves and never looks back

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

hey @mpb93 have you been playing the subway uc3 multiplayer experience

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

i got off work 4 this comeon :0

+ BSMOOVE2020 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

Where is this on the playstation store? It should be up by now.

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

ya y

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Shooting for 9 o clock! Another countdown! I wouldn’t be surprised like someone said earlier if its at 11:59 PM. Don’t think i’ll ever buy a sony product/exclusive anything ever again.

+ FERRET420 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Sorry everyone…not trying to rub it in, just trying to tell you all that it is well worth the wait (including the delay).

I have no idea why I and others received a voucher and others did not (I’m on the east coast if that matters and signed up for the PLAY promotion). I do agree it’s unfair that preorders and PLAY promotions were not made available to everyone simultaneously. I wish everyone had it. :)

However, I’m sure none of you will be disappointed when it becomes available for everyone. Enjoy it when it does!

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:07 pm said:

i said shut up

+ Dietegoriah on October 18th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

well… glad to hear im not the only one who hasnt gotten their preorder.. but i would like to know whats going on and why things arent up and ready yet.. anyone have an answer?

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

One of the worst purchases ever made with technology. Stick to speakers Sony!

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

yes it sucks man

+ madecrazy on October 18th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

welp im headin to bed to watch tv not waiting another hr on th plus side the vita is shooting for feb. 22nd in north america

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Or go make some more dvd players! Or Tv’s! Obviously can’t hold up on the gaming department! (5,000 people boo-ing in the background).

+ mpb93 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

u right

+ SN1P3PR095 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

imagine a world where payday was out, jks, that would never happen, at least, not todaY!!!!!!

+ CoffmanSS26 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

TRY TO UPDATE YOUR PS3 there is a 3.73 update I just checked and im downloading right now

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on October 18th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

Is the “movie buffs” he’s talking about, leaning us “movie buffs” toward The Dark Knight? Because the bank job trailer reminded me of that movie. Anyway, I’m buying this game. It looks fun and has gotten decent reviews on a couple sites.

+ Mr-Chainsaw22 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

Sony: Well were just ensuring that the game runs smoothly on all servers before we make it available to everyone. Fans: So what your saying is if it doesn’t run smooth then your pushing it farther back? …….(click…..beeeeeeeep).

+ SN1P3PR095 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

already did a 2 pm doesnt change a thing

+ FERRET420 on October 18th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

I like you mpb93 – you always says what’s on your mind :) (I know shut up, right? haha)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8