PS4-Watch_Dogs

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inviting Fans to “Touch My Katamari” This February!

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Oct 20, 2011 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hey guys! It’s me again, Rich Bantegui, aka @FilthieRich, Community Manager for NAMCO BANDAI Games America. This week was epic! The PlayStation Nation now has a final release date for when they can get their mitts on the PS Vita, and February 22nd couldn’t come soon enough!

Why am I back today to steal the spotlight on the blog yet again? If you remember back during the Tokyo Game Show, I let all of you know that our team was producing a new Katamari game for the PS Vita, and I got to give you the first scoop on the news. Well, today NAMCO BANDAI is finally ready to reveal what that Katarmari game will officially be dubbed here in the US of A… and that name is…. TOUCH MY KATAMARI!

TOUCH MY KATAMARI

The very best part of this aside from the giggle-inducing name? TOUCH MY KATAMARI is going to be available on February 22nd, 2012, day and date of the launch of the PS Vita! The King of All Cosmos has commanded it so!

I’ve been checking out the latest builds of the game since TGS, and the Prince’s next adventure is just as nonsensical as ever. Fans have been dying to have an on-the-go, two-analog stick version of Katamari for ages, and TOUCH MY KATAMARI does it right. In addition to the two sticks, players can also opt to use the front touch screen itself to control the ball, but what’s unique is what can be done with the rear touch panel….

TOUCH MY KATAMARITOUCH MY KATAMARI

Players use their fingers to stretch and squeeze the ball into oblong shapes that will help the Prince navigate under short passageways or into narrow crevasses. Just a quick tap of both fingers on the rear panel and *SPROOOIIING* – your Katamari is perfectly spherical again!

What’s that? You want more? Don’t worry, we’ll have more info to share on TOUCH MY KATAMARI very soon, and I’ll be back to dish more deets before you know it. In the meantime, remember that TOUCH MY KATAMARI is but only one of THREE new PS Vita titles from NAMCO BANDAI Games on February 22nd. The blisteringly fast online racer RIDGE RACER and the dead-by-the-time-you-see-them assassin-based action of SHINOBIDO 2: REVENGE OF ZEN will also be hitting on the PS Vita launch day this February.

Is it all going to rock? Yes. Will I be back with more info? Double yes. Will they let me take a PS Vita home with me yet? TRIPLE NO!!! February 22nd can’t come soon enough…

TOUCH MY KATAMARI

+ ItsNymo on October 20th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

New Katamari game comes out same day as launch? DAY 1 PURCHASE!
Seriously, I cannot wait to touch my Katamari!
/giggle

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:36 am said:

Nice!!!

+ Psikorps on October 20th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Going to preorder this, I luv the Katamari series!

+ Crotin on October 20th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

Great…the Katamari Forever addiction continues on Vita. I’m definitely getting this

+ PublicSudoku on October 20th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Interesting name… is this going to be the first M-rated Katamari game?

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:37 am said:

The name should go down in history for putting the most smiles on peoples face before even knowing what it is. (good thing it’s going to AWESOME!)

+ DrPhiill on October 20th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

LOVE Katamari!!!!

+ remanutd5 on October 20th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

a video running on the vita would have been better , you guys bringing 3 games on vita launch date? wow thats very good !! ok how about showing us video gameplay of those games

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:46 am said:

Well have more to share with the release titles. Videos you say :) Sure! i’ll keep you posted.

+ EJayDub on October 20th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

Awesome! I loooooooooooove the Katamari games. Can’t wait to play it!!!

+ remanutd5 on October 20th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

will they let me take a ps vita home with me yet? triple no!!! lol that was funny

+ VixDiesel on October 20th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Why? Why can’t a new Katamari game come out on an established system? The past three games, if you even count KF as a new game, has been on a different system. Is it really that hard to make a multi-console game so that uber fans of Katamari like me can play it without forking out $200-$300 bucks just to play a new game???

If I can find a way to get money for a Vita, yeah, I’ll get this…but man, it would be really nice to have a console version of this on the ps3 that’s NEW and not a rehash like KF was.

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:45 am said:

Hi V – We are really going out of the box with everything that you love in Katamari as we explore the games capabilities with the PS Vita. I’ll do my best to show fans who are still unsure about the game why this is something you can’t miss. If there is anything in particular that you would like to see, feel free to let me know anytime and ill see what i can do :)

+ lisatsunami on October 20th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

@Rich: off topic, but the Dark Souls CE is seriously awesome. The metal case, the art book. Very classy, thanks.

Oh, & on topic, the name for this game is kind of creepy. Just sayin’…..

+ Mobius2525 on October 20th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

…………not really my cup of tea but if you bring out the new TALES GAME then i will thrown my money at namco!!

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:41 am said:

Would telling you how awesome you would look help ? Because you are awesome, and you will enjoy this game a TON!

+ Amarise on October 20th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Eh I might end up buying this but really…

I would rather a Tales of Vesperia release…

*wink wink nudge nudge*

+ Kirkpad on October 20th, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

By far, my favorite gaming series. It’s a fantastic concept through and through. Too bad the original creator (Takahashi) is working on the super-awesome Glitch MMO instead. I’m sure this will still be really fun though.

+ Budapesti on October 20th, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

Just last week I picked up Me and My Katamari from my local Gamestop for $6! Even better, it was a Japanese import in original box. Really loving it, but I’m very much looking forward to touching my Katamari with twin sticks.

I can’t believe you made me write that.

+ Zarxce on October 20th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

I own Katamari for my PS2, PSP and PS3…there’s no doubt I’ll be picking up this one too. Really loved 8bit Katamari in the PSP one…I hope that makes a come back somehow. But even if it doesn’t, that’s ok. The name alone makes this game awesome.

Also…Tales of Innocence R please! I was really sad when the previous version never made it over here. You don’t want me to be sad twice, do you? D:

+ burningwind on October 20th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Am I the only one that thinks this sounds a little dirty? Touch My Katamari baby…haha.

+ mJ_mSv on October 20th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

Love Katamari, and I love Vita, Will be day 1 for me! :), but do not forget to give us some more Katamari love for our ps3 too!!

+ KwietStorm on October 20th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Can Namco put Soul Blade up on the PS Store

+ VincentVendetta on October 20th, 2011 at 3:39 pm said:

And now, a real Japanese guy, from a really big Japanese company… in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFQwwpMh2mU

+ Muerthoz on October 20th, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

A Katamari game for Vita launch? Sold and SOLD! Day 1 for me.

+ PumpkinMusic837 on October 20th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

How come I cant stop laughing at the name “Touch My Katamari”? xD

+ saintaqua on October 20th, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

Consider it purchased.
I’m so excited!! Launch day will be a blast!

+ Rich Bantegui on October 21st, 2011 at 12:39 am said:

Your consideration is appreciated! I’ll keep everyone updated as we get closer. thnx for reading

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 21st, 2011 at 1:29 am said:

Wow, a new Katamari game to launch with the Vita. Already got the system paid off, so now I have 4 months to scrape together enough money to pay for all the games that are going to make the system worth owning. I’ll try to manage, but I’m pretty sure I’ll find the money to Touch My Katamari, just for you, Rich. :)

+ headronefish on October 21st, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

I’m not at all interested in the Vita, but I would LOVE a new PS3 Katamari.

+ GypsieWind on October 21st, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

My birthday is in February, and I just informed my husband that this and the Vita are what he is getting me. : D
I can’t wait for this to realease.

+ AfrosRockMan on October 21st, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

“Touch My Katamari”

That name is so full of win! Makes me wish Insomniac kept the 4 Play title on their newest Ratchet & Clank game. But as far as Katamari goes, I can only imagine the kinds of conversations people will get into with retailers over this one!

+ MarcoRelius on October 22nd, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

This game is going to look awesome on the vita screen. Day 1

+ VixDiesel on October 22nd, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

@Rich Bantegui…It’s just that every sequel since the second one has been on a new console! In these days and times, it’s not easy to justify the purchase of yet another console just to play one game. I really want this katamari, I just a katamari fansite but I just don’t know if I’ll have the money and that’s disappointing.

But to answer your question, the game needs all new levels and not just 3 like the last game had, all new music and not remixes like the last game had, a new story, stuff like that.

+ chjulian on October 23rd, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

You know what would be fantastic? If Touch my Katamari could have a level-editor in it. It would be awesome to set up my own rolling area and then roll it all up!

+ chjulian on October 23rd, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

We also need a bunch of new cousins! The last two games had, what, a total of 3 new cousins? Need more!

+ StinkyMoney5 on October 23rd, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

I’ll touch your Katamari…