PS4-The Order

UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Experience: Play, Create and Share

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on Oct 20, 2011 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Here in week three of the Subway Taste for Adventure UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer experience, we’re hitting our full stride. We’ve played in some great matches, seen fantastic emblems and have been wowed by colorful, custom character designs. There are many ways to make the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer experience uniquely your own and we’re thrilled every time there’s an “Oh snap!” taunt thrown up just for fun.

Taunting, customizing your characters, and creating your emblem are just a small portion of what you can do to create your own multiplayer experience. The PlayStation.Blog caught up with Game Designer Robert Cogburn to acquire some in-depth information about how you can play, create and share UNCHARTED 3’s multiplayer experience. Learn about some of the other cool stuff you can do in-game in the video here:

This video only scratched the surface of what you’re capable of creating and sharing in the UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer experience. The best way to create anything is to get in there, try it out, and make your own magic. Log into Facebook and find a friend to play with online. Create an emblem that gets plastered all over the map during your latest match. Or jump into Cinema mode and create a video to share on YouTube. We’re excited to see what kind of awesome videos you make with Cinema mode and can’t wait to share your most impressive moments with the world via UNCHARTED TV!

In order to get into the multiplayer before November 1st, just take a trip down to your local Subway. When you buy any specially marked 30oz UNCHARTED 3 themed cup from a participating Subway, you can head online to the Subway Taste for Adventure website and redeem the Subway code printed on your cup. That redemption will grant you a PlayStation Store download code redeemable for the full competitive UNCHARTED 3 multiplayer experience before the full game launches on November 1st!

UNCHARTED 3: Taste Adventure Subway Cups

Not only will you be one of the first to play, create and share your matches of the UNCHARTED 3 full competitive multiplayer experience, you can potentially win a multitude of other cool prizes such as a collector’s edition of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception or an adventurous trip that Drake would be proud to take. A full list of prizes can be viewed at the Subway Taste for Adventure website. Of course, one of the coolest parts of it all is that all of your progress earned during the Subway Taste for Adventure carries over into your profile in the final retail copy of the game.

Now get your designer’s and director’s hats on and go make some epic adventure! We want to see your next YouTube video shared on UNCHARTED TV!

+ Butters360 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

This game just keeps on getting better and better! Naughty Gods!

+ sabot37 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

That’s great and all, but when can we purchase the Fortune Hunters Club preorder on the PS Store?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

More info on that soon!

+ madecrazy on October 20th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

@sabot37 just search fortune hunters club in the PS Store just did it yesterday

+ JimmyHACK on October 20th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Good stuff. Could we get the twitter integration back as well that was in part 2 though?

+ fadingshadow on October 20th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Got mine preordered and ready for 11-1-11! The early access has really helped improve my stats.

+ KALEL114 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Wow that is awesome!!

@Eric. I never got an e-mail confirmation from ND for the AMC event I attended yesterday. It was alot of fun by the way. Who do I contact to make sure it’s all gravy?? Thanks in advance.

+ madecrazy on October 20th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

@JimmyHACK pff no uses twitter any more or was it facebook??

+ blueDragon666 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Why isnt the subway thing in Canada? Ive tried a code from America a internet friend gave me and that didnt work either.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Subway promo codes work with US and EU accounts only.

+ PirateHarlock on October 20th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

The semi-customizable nature of the clothes online is a nice touch but doesn’t make up for the larger more negative things attached to this game. Namely the poor way combat is handled online, the greedy online pass & season pass and many of the characters being locked away in multiplayer. If you really want to push sales fix those issues. And Do a bit more TV advertising, I’ve been seeing more tv spots for that other franchise on that other console in one day than I’ve seen PS3 related advertising in a week. Most people don’t even read this blog and those who do have already made up their minds about this game.

+ remanutd5 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

PS4/ PS VITA games better support youtube , i mean come on some ps3 games do , i wish i could upload my motorstorm apocalypse online races to youtube from within the game or system .

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on October 20th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

I hope characters such as Nathan and Sully get MORE color options then the custom characters. It would make sense, since you can’t make Nate wear stuff like shades or hats anymore. It would also give you reason to play as them.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on October 20th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Haha! Naughty Gods! I like that one! :P

+ KwietStorm on October 20th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

@GAMINGSMYLIFE

You can customize them in the full game

+ Chase167 on October 20th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

My tean won the Uncharted 3 Tournament
team disruption
At the Uncharted 3 event
NYC Thursday Night

[DELETED]

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Rock! Congrats!

+ twistedfloyd on October 20th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

If there’s an Uncharted 4, I think there should be a level creator. I think ND makes the best multiplayer maps out there, and I want their tools at my disposal to create my own maps!

+ Link01 on October 20th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

So, when can we unlock the $5 footlong taunt? Also, highly enjoying the game. I do think you guys need to lower the hit count to kill people though * and would be really nice for dedicated servers. Also, there needs to be hair customizations for your custom characters…

+ Adrance on October 20th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

The ‘Oh Snap’ taunt is my absolute favorite. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw the animation for it in the profile menu the first time. All of my Subway cash went to the purchase of that taunt.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Awesome. It’s fun and funny to see the designer who came up with the idea for it walk around the office doing it :)

+ zombie9 on October 20th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

has anyone ever got a code on a SUB? I heard they were on stickers but I never get a sticker when I buy a Sub…

+ CurseShooter on October 20th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

I have a question. I believe I saw a screenshot capture tool in the cinema mode. Is it going to be available or was that for some other function? Also great to see new taunts but I was wondering will there be any more ways to customize the characters skins from in-game like in the UC3 Beta back in June/July? Like giving Drake some shades and a hat or has that been eliminated completely?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

Character customization is definitely in-game and will be there. We’ll have details on specific unique and special skins as they are available.

+ Cyris on October 20th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Eric, I still have feelings for Uncharted 3, even though I decided not to marry and just be friends. What do I do?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Ha. So the marriage isn’t happening?

+ Go_Buddie_Go on October 20th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

@9
Okay first off…. It’s the Subway Beta, everything in it is just a taste of what will be in the final game. There will be more skins, unlocks, customization options, boosters, taunts, etc.

Second, I kinda agree with you on that, but Sony has time to get ads going on TV, billboards?, posters, on buses and what not. Hopefully Sony goes overboard with the ads, I’ve seen so many Batman Arkham City posters around the Bart stations up here in San Francisco. Let’s get some Uncharted 3 ones up, huh, Sony??

+ explosive78 on October 20th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

You guys never answered my question from the last post. Will online trophies be retro active to us when we buy the game?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

All trophies only can be earned via the full retail disc.

+ KwietStorm on October 20th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

@explosive

What trophies are you talking about?

+ ChiefPayne on October 20th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

I have a HUGE suggestion for your future Skin Pack DLC, Are you ready for this Naughty Dog? Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, and Crash Bandicoot! i think it would be awesome to run around as these guys and kick some major ass! Btw i have a major question for whoever can answer, i don’t use credit cards, and i don’t have the money to buy two $20 psn cards, so i was wondering, will the Fortune Hunters Club be available at GameStop when i go to pick up my pre-order of that beautiful Collectors Edition?

+ Detective-E on October 20th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

I’m not white, asian or black. Where’s my skin?!

Is there any plans or possibilities for Move Support post-launch like InFamous is getting?

+ gagjm on October 20th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Hey Eric, its strange because they didn’t put the correct definition of EPIC in the dictionary. It should say: EPIC, adj. Another word for Uncharted 3.

+ gagjm on October 20th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Am I right?

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on October 20th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

You should write the dictionary! :)

+ XxAmEnEmxX on October 20th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Hey Eric, do we “extra special ppl” who platinumed uncharted 1 / 2 , get some “special loving” in the online portion ?

+ hitomi-furuya on October 20th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

hey

+ DaveedT13 on October 20th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Customisation of characters and emblem in U3 is a nice feature, really, but I’m dispaointed by the fact the the options are more limited than in the june beta AND that the choice of colors for clothes is so limited…

We could customise every hero (Drake and sully) in the june beta, not just the “generic” hero but you removed that from this october promo. I really hope it’ll be in the full game and that you are not trying to sell “basic skin parts” via DLC instead.

…because then, you’ll disapoints me ND. I know it’s also Sony fault just not your but the price of your DLC really goes up since U2 and it’s disapointing…I love the game A LOT and I’ll do my best to promote it and buy some DLC for it but I’ll stop somewhere when I’ll feel ripped…don’t make your customers feels ripped ND/Sony…

+ Blkant on October 20th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

In customization, can someone explain why we cannot change the hair? :P Seems a bit odd to only play as bald people…

+ WebScud on October 20th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

@sabot37 @Eric Monacelli It’s live in the store if you search for “fortune hunter’s”. I bought it this morning after getting home from the New York AMC event.

+ Vladimir_Cross on October 20th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

The ONLY thing I dislike about the multiplayer is not being able to customize a female character for either the Hero or Villain side. Yes, I know there are female characters to choose from but when I play split-screen with my fiance she wants to make her own female, not use an in-game character. Any news on if we will be able to create a customized female character?

+ GameOver1994 on October 20th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

@33
That…would…be…EPIC. :D
I’m not a chick, but it would be fun to play as one you customized yourself. ;)
I’m with you on this, Vladimir_Cross!

P.S.-Fiance?Playing Uncharted 3? You are very lucky. Haha. :P

+ jacob-813 on October 20th, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

I’ll the upload to YouTube feature be better in the full game? Or in hd like the game is? Because having low quality 30 second videos doesn’t do ND justice…

+ rera121989 on October 20th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

How can i obtain the Subway taunt? I’ve bought several codes but none help me get the taunt…. Does anybody know how can i obtain the taunt?

+ Go_Buddie_Go on October 20th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

@24 I totally agree! SWEET TOOTH would be awesome… Maybe Joseph Capelli, Kratos, Emmet Graves (from the upcoming Starhawk) I honestly don’t mind having cameos in games, I tend to welcome them and hopefully the new skins will have some slight customization options.

+ shadysaiyanz on October 20th, 2011 at 10:04 pm said:

Again, please have a different guy in the U3/ND videos, this guy seems like such a schmuck.

+ BlackMastah on October 20th, 2011 at 10:29 pm said:

till when is the beta??

+ ShadowKillR on October 21st, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

uncharted = yawnnnn…. guess ill go do some errands…

+ JAMKOR on October 21st, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

Eric – Please work with Sony to allow a subaccount to have the facebook functionality. Many of us weren’t aware of the limitations on subaccounts when we set them up (facebook wasn’t even part of the PS3 at that time).

No one wants to start all over with a new master account.

Thanks.

+ capitales7 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

The “kiss” taunt is TOO funny! Thanks for that Naughty Dawgz! This game is seriously good, and so addictive. Can’t wait for the full release!
Btw, the voices don’t play when I’m selecting them in profile. Not all the time anyway. Anyone else getting the same?

+ KALEL114 on October 21st, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

Got my confirmation today. Thanks for the help Eric.

P.S. Good luck Wario64 and MDavis.

+ arha2 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

I need help as well please! I definitely went to the Tyson’s event, but didn’t get my confirmation either. I’ve emailed Premium_Pass@playstation.sony.com twice, but haven’t gotten a response. Any help would be much appreciated…

+ thestankydiaper on October 22nd, 2011 at 10:43 pm said:

will i get the fortune hunters add-ons from psn and all of the upcoming add-ons if i buy the collectors edition??????

+ lotso05 on October 24th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

cant wait 4 uncharted 3 The best games i have played uncharted 1 and 2 now cant wait for Uncharted : D

+ CraverShot15 on October 29th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

wow this game is going to be GREAT!!! every thing in the game is so compelling.