PS4-Infamous

Drink Up inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood on Tuesday

Collin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Collin Moore on Oct 21, 2011 // Communications Manager, Zombie Studios

catacomb_grinding-1

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood will be available on the PlayStation Store in just a couple days: Tuesday, October 25th in North America for $9.99, and $7.99 for PlayStation Plus members (you can even pre-order now on the PlayStation Store). Play it with the classic DualShock or try it out with PlayStation Move support!

Before you get your hands on the game, we had Animation Director Billy Harper and Marketing Director Ken Schramm pack their bags for a whirlwind three-day tour spanning 5,668 miles, two coasts, three cities, and over 20 interviews with press from North America and beyond. It was an amazing couple of days of sharing the latest adventure in the inFAMOUS universe.

We have been pretty quiet about Festival of Blood since we teased you with a clip revealing Bloody Mary at PAX. Since then we have been hard at work crafting this next adventure, adding in all the final details and finishing touches on this standalone game to make the perfect purchase right in time for Halloween. This press tour allowed us to pull the curtain back and give one big preview before the game comes out next week. Billy and Ken covered tons of the new features in Festival of Blood, some of which we will cover here.

cole_and_corpse_2d_panel

With a totally new story in Festival of Blood, of course we had to give Cole a totally new set of powers. One power that fans have always wanted in an inFAMOUS game has been the ability to fly, and with Festival of Blood we thought it was time to give Cole the chance to spread his wings. Bat wings, that is, with a new power called Shadow Swarm. While Shadow Swarm allows you to experience New Marais in a whole new way, it does come at the expense of the innocent people walking around in the night as you must feed upon them to fuel your flight.

Flight_Power

Speaking of Pyre Night, all of New Marais celebrates this hallowed night by shrouding the entire city with banners, fireworks, and pedestrians dressing up in the streets. The look of the Pyre Night comes from Sucker Punch’s City Team spending the summer dreaming up the spooky street party that features surprises around every corner. The abandoned subway lines of New Marais have been converted to macabre underground catacombs. Stepping into these dark corridors would leave anyone unsettled, even more so when you find out that Bloody Mary’s minions have been crawling around inside them for years.

crowd

User-generated content (UGC) is a key part of the inFAMOUS universe, as you can see from our Cole’s Missing Mission Contest (the grand prize winner receives a $1,000 PlayStation Store gift card!), and we haven’t forgotten this feature with Festival of Blood. Over the last couple of months we have been listening to your feedback and playing all the missions we can from the community and the one thing we have been seeing is the desire to create strong narrative missions. To help users tell their stories, we are happy to add the new 2D cutscene tool with Festival of Blood that allows you to create comic book-inspired cutscenes in your missions. You now can create intro sequences, provide key story details mid-mission, or end your mission with a bang. Along with the 2D cutscene Tool, Festival of Blood brings a whole new set of gory assets to the UGC universe and you can now design missions with as many fiends and harpies as you want.

parkour_harpy

If you haven’t had a chance, read some of the previews we have listed below:

Stay tuned to infamousthegame.com and join our forums on SuckerPunch.com for future updates on inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood. Also follow us on Twitter, @SuckerPunchProd, and check out our Facebook Page.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ bakerarmy on October 21st, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Can’t wait. The 2D cut scenes sound pretty awesome. Can’t wait to try it out.

+ RedGiant17 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Is there any way us Plus users who pre-ordered can have it pushed to our systems so we can get on it right away?

+ eaglefan129 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

this will keep me busy until battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 come out.

+ remanutd5 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

o _o i know what my next playstation move youtube video will be lol , if you guys wanna check my playstation move videos go to my channel youtube.com/remanutd

+ YungShep on October 21st, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

ps move support <3 is it just move? or can i use my nav as well?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

You use the Move and Navigator.

+ rockinjs864 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Pre-ordered and ready to go and yes I hope it is with move and nav controller as well .One request please make a FOB Cole avatar.Wow I’m sure gonna be backlogged until Twisted metal and Starhawk come out

+ tamiboi_uchiha on October 21st, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Alright! in-time for halloween!

Thanks Sony! and Thank You Sucker Punch! :))

+ adk124458271 on October 21st, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Does anyone know if PS+ will still get a discount after release? I do not like pre-ordering things but I also don’t want to miss out on the discount. I was hoping that the fact that it’s not listed in the last chance section means it WILL be discounted after release, but I have not seen it confirmed one way or the other.

Thanks!

+ rockinjs864 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

It will probaly be on sale for a week after release like the other Only On PSN titles.That sweet dynamic theme is worth the pre order though

+ jpbslayer on October 21st, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

woot woot -just preordered this last night – dt is awesome. love the fact of move capable

+ TomHoang on October 21st, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

How will this game use the Move? I already have it pre-ordered :D

+ DeathGazer on October 21st, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

This has over 1,000 ratings on the PS store already. Looks like a big success :)

+ Shadow-Man_4 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Great!
And please, for those of us with Plus and pre-ordered inFamous: Festival of Blood, can it be pushed to our systems when its live so we can enjoy it faster? Please?

Please say yes, as I already have mine pre-ordered and can’t wait to put my hands on this baby!

+ stlthriot on October 21st, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Could we get a file size estimation on this one?
I’m assuming over 2+ GBs seeing how it is a standalone DLC and with it being open world.

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 21st, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Woot!! Can’t wait!! Have been very thirsty for this one since it’s teaser was released… Pre-Ordered! Woot! :P

+ hendrix09 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

LOOKS AWESOME BUT 1 QUESTION: Is this an add-on to inFAMOUS 2 or is it a stand alone game. In other words do we need inFAMOUS 2 to play it?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

The game is a stand alone product. You do not need any previous inFAMOUS game to play it.

+ johnnyp70 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

@ 8

From the post:

+ Smert_ on October 21st, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

I love the InFamous series. 2 platinums in the bag! Before I pre-order, I must know: Is this stand alone content?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Festival of Blood is a stand alone product.

+ LilWayneSuckz on October 21st, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

I pre-ordered it. First downloadable game I’ve ever pre-ordered

+ Ozzy_1907 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

“Since then we have been hard at work crafting this next adventure, adding in all the final details and finishing touches on this STANDALONE game to make the perfect purchase right in time for Halloween.”

What I really wonder, is PS Move support limited to this game or will it include the main game as well?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

Move will be coming to inFAMOUS 2 via a patch very soon. Stay tuned.

+ LilWayneSuckz on October 21st, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

@18

Its standalone. You do not need to own Infamous 2 to play this.

+ lisatsunami on October 21st, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Collin & Scout, I have pre- ordered this but where is news on the Move capability for I2?!!!! My evil kharma play thru is waiting on this.

+ Tremulan777 on October 21st, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

Does anyone know if infamous 2 will have move support as well? I would love to play infamous 2 with my ps move!!!

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

inFAMOUS 2 will be getting Move support via a patch here shortly. Stay tuned.

+ Deathspear666 on October 21st, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

This is gonna be nice..

+ shaikhrabi on October 21st, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

The game is for $10 so i assume it’ll be less then 1 Gb or less or maybe more .. But usually $10 games aren’t those big ! …

+ D-Squad3 on October 21st, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

OMG on the same day as Battlefield 3! This is madness!!!

+ shaikhrabi on October 21st, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I’ve seen all the websites and the 360 fanboys are thinking that this is a DLC and they’re crying that Sony is charging too much for a DLC Lol @ their statement But seriously In every video and Article of the Title Every website should mention that its a Standalone title not a DLC written in Capital Letters ! So that 360 fanboys stop whining about this !

+ Orufonz0 on October 21st, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

does festival of blood has free roam? I mean, I already got platinum on infamous 2, and pre ordered this, but for a stand alone game, and the 10 dollar price ( 7 if you are plus HELL YEAH) do we get the entire infamous 2 map? or is it resticted?

+ Dariel93 on October 21st, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

for some reason i cant log on the infamous site I was really interested in participating on the contest I guest is to late but over all great news sucker punch can have my money I support them all the way

+ HeLLeVeN11 on October 21st, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

Tuesday wil be AWESOME!!! This and BF3 same day, any trophy list?

+ Detective-E on October 21st, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

Only $10?
I need money quick.
Is there a pre-order bonus?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

There is a pre-order bonus. You get the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood dynamic theme for free!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 21st, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

awesome, gonna try it with the Move. I’m glad it’s priced $10 and not $15 or something, so I’m definitely buyin it day 1, just hope it isn’t too short

+ TheGuardianFID on October 21st, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

Already pre-ordered and ready to go!!! 8)

+ CometsStar on October 21st, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

1st- Thanks for making it a Standalone game. I already platinumed the game within a month of release and now that I’m at college that game is sitting at home because I already took enough games to college with all of the other great games that have been coming out lately.

2nd – The pre-order is cool, but is there even any incentive to pre-order games on PS Store? I know the PSN Play had benefits.
Payday had a pre-order, but then got delayed. Like in comments above mentioning like an automatic download would be cool feature, but probably unfeasible if I game had a ton of pre-orders in addition to the people buying it at release that would be a lot of downloads at the same time. Unless those were started before the entire PS Store update was put through.

+ LauraeOh4 on October 21st, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

Trophies? :D

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 21st, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Yep. Festival of Blood will have trophies.

+ diegercvb on October 21st, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

is it gonna be an open world game is or is it gonna be linear?

+ Kchow23 on October 21st, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

About how many hours long will Festival of Blood be? also I hope that Move support is more than using the Move controller to aim… how about some gestures to do different abilities?

+ Kchow23 on October 21st, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Moreover, how do you control the camera with Move? reticule on the screen?

+ Dan610PS on October 21st, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

Real men do not go out asking for candies, real men stay in home playing this inFamous DLC!

+ thshdw on October 21st, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

Will Festival of Blood offer trophies?

+ bnfdhfdhfd on October 21st, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Only four more days! Must…keep…quiet… ;)

+ yellowjacket486 on October 21st, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

Already pre-ordered it last week , the theme looks awesome. Can’t wait for tuesday to hit.

+ The-Sigma-Alpha on October 21st, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

Yeah i was about to ask about how long the game was. I saw the price of the game and was very surprised just how low it was. I pre-ordered it as soon as it was in the store naturally having been a fan of Infamous 2. The new user generated content add on sounds great too.

+ Sonny30 on October 21st, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Awesome, any updates on DCUO release on PSN? I’m dying to play some more of that….

+ starBlinky01 on October 21st, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

I dont usually get DLC like this, but I think I’m going to actually get this.

How many hours of gameplay is this, including getting all the side missions/shards or whatever else you have? I beat Infamous 2 really quickly like in 2 days, doing all side missions/shards. I WANT MORE!

+ quirowekjefhgekr on October 21st, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

i dont mean to troll but i think people need to read this blog more carefully because it clearly states, in the third paragraph, that its a stand alone game.

+ crazy_kracker1 on October 21st, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

any one no if this will have trophies. i mean even payday the heist has plat

+ The-Sigma-Alpha on October 21st, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

@ crazy_kracker1 i think its a pretty safe bet that it will, just don’t expect a platinum trophy.

+ quackerzacher on October 21st, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

can you say if there is a platinum trophy?

+ hrfuknstuf on October 21st, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

Sorry if this has been asked already: does good or bad karma factor into this one? If so, do Hero or Infamous rank save files from part 2 give bonuses to FOB like part 1 did for part 2?

PAGE 1 2 3