Far Cry 4

Coming Soon: Cars 2: The Video Game for PSP and the EA Sports FIFA Soccer 12 and Cars 2: The Video Game PSP Entertainment Pack

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar + Posted by Crystal MacKenzie on Oct 24, 2011 // Brand Marketing Manager, Hardware

Hey PSP fans! Hope you are geared up for the exciting new releases coming out on PSP! Starting on November 8th you will be able to rev up your engine and join your favorite characters from Disney/Pixar’s, Cars 2 in a high-speed race around the globe in Cars: 2 The Video Game. Also, the soccer season is just about coming to an end but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop here. We are excited to announce that we are bringing another great PSP Entertainment Pack your way on November 15th that features everyone’s favorite soccer franchise, FIFA Soccer 12 and for the first time ever, Cars 2: The Video Game for PSP.

This bundle features a black PSP-3000, 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, a copy of FIFA 2012 on UMD and a PlayStation Network voucher to download Cars 2: The Video Game. Another great value for PSP (PlayStationPortable) system fans to enjoy for only $159.99 (MSRP). Check out the close up below.

SO3966_PSP_CARS2_3D_left_BC04

As you know, FIFA Soccer 12 delivers a true soccer experience with authentic club and league licenses, and intelligent gameplay that mirrors real-world soccer. You’re able to compete as any one of over 500 officially licensed clubs and experience responsive, intelligent and realistic action. You’ll enjoy turning defenders with sophisticated dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots and placing beautifully timed passes with pin point accuracy.

Releasing November 8th, Cars 2: The Video Game lets you jump into the Cars 2 universe with some of your favorite Cars personalities such as Mater, Lightning McQueen, Holley Shiftwell , and the newly introduced Finn McMissile in exotic locations around the globe. You can train to become a world-class spy at the international spy academy, C.H.R.O.M.E. (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations &Motorized Espionage), take on dangerous missions, and compete to become the fastest race car in the world. Use your spy skills in exciting, action-packed combat racing and battle arenas! In addition, you can race against friends and family in either single or multiplayer modes with up to four players in AD Hoc Mode to unlock challenging new tracks, characters, events and thrilling spy missions.

For those of you who already have a PSP system, you’ll be able to jump in on the fun a week earlier as Cars 2: The Video Game will be sold separately starting November 8th for $29.99 (MSRP) on UMD and PSN.

How many of you are planning to take FIFA or Cars 2: The Video Game on the go? We would love to hear from all the PSP fans out there so be sure to share your comments below!

+ JNM-CIM on October 24th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

I don’t get it. Why would I buy a PSP when PS Vita is right around the corner?

+ Santos21 on October 24th, 2011 at 7:17 am said:

Its an interesting bundle which I would jump all over especially with FIFA but sorry PSP I’m gonna have to pass as I’m saving my $$$ for your big brother VITA!

+ QuiqzStinson on October 24th, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

for games that don’t have digital copy yet… i am not planning on getting a psp anytime soon but i wish i could play KH birth by sleep and Dissidia final fantasy II. i hope they launch when vita comes out as digital games…

+ remanutd5 on October 24th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

dont mean to be rude but give us ps vita launch line up , full info please , sony had a vita private show and there are a lot of sites showing walkthrough of lots of games , when are we gonna hear more info from you guys ?
will the ps vita have a google + app? will it have its own ps store ? where we can download lots of apps ? hows the web browser ? come on give us more info please

+ wvnative on October 24th, 2011 at 8:04 am said:

Sony, read my lips.

Final
Fantasy
Type-0

Seriously, work with square-enix to bring over this awesome game so that PSP can go out with a bang and not…err… cars 2 >_<

+ MarkakaJin on October 24th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

There are only some PSP titles that I still want to play but would play them in digital version like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Dissidia 1 and 2. Actually put all PSP titles in digital version so I can play them on PS Vita!!!

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

+ Crystal MacKenzie on October 24th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Hi MarkakJin! This Cars 2 game in the bundle is actually digital so you’ll be able to play it on your PSP and your PS Vita.

+ FriedConsole on October 24th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Square Enix chose not to put Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia on digital download. If they put it on digital download, you could play it on Vita without repaying for it. Square wants you to rebuy their games every generation and Square fans don’t seem to mind re-buying the same games with slight modifications for every system. Stop buying Square remakes and maybe they will get the message and maybe they might actually make new games that are good.

+ polo155 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

This be the reason for Vita’s 2012 release. Too funny.

+ Bulleteddy on October 24th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

Calm down people. You can look at the games in this bundle and see that this isn’t aimed at the people that visit this site (or hardcore gamers at all). Gift givers for the holiday season aren’t checking the blog and have no idea that the Vita is coming…not only that, but they aren’t going to be willing to pay 250 for it at launch. Do you expect Sony to just abandon the PSP like Microsoft and Nintendo abandoned the XBox and Gamecube?

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

+ Crystal MacKenzie on October 24th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

Thanks Bulleteddy! Yes this bundle will make a great gift and we still are supporting PSP through the launch of PS Vita.

+ iTofuMan on October 24th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

@9 you are joking right? Sony has abandon the psp a long time ago just look the the Psn updates. very rarely do they listed digital psp games coming out, and when they do its something that most people didnt want in the first place.

Having being an owner of a psp go its disappointing to see it rarely get games out and Sony only has themselves to blame.

In all honesty though this bundle is nice. although i think it would have been nice to include a movie as well since i believe most if not all bundles included one, and a 2gb memorystick (they still make those?) isnt really much when you think of all the ps1/psn games out that would be more than 2gb.

+ TwinDad on October 24th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

@Bulleteddy

So people who play FIFA are not hardcore gamers? I guess Madden players are the same? I despise the term “Hardcore gamers”. I do however agree with you that this holiday bundle is for the people that will ask for a PSP for Christmas, this is to give them added value for their gift giving and receiving. It does not matter the games included it’s a Christmas gift.

And Newsflash, Sony has abandoned the PSP. Just look at the Go. The second factor is look at the First Party games for PSP. There isn’t many. They have made it clear, they are focusing in on the Vita.

+ cabellos on October 24th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

@ # 1

You read my mind!!!
I want news about the PS Vita Bundle, please!!!!!

+ Curtisio on October 25th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

I agree with not buying a PSP – wait for a Vita!!

Also, if the game is not downloadable, then the game does not exist!

+ colstripcapn on October 25th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

Geez, with all these ‘no support’ comments I feel I have to come to the defense of the PSP. I suppose it depends on what type of games you play.

My favorite is turn-based RPGs. These no longer exist on the home consoles in NA, the last one made was for a different system i can’t name. It sold over 800k units as a new IP, yet developers/publishers for some reason think no one wants them?!?!? The closest one to exist on the PS3, Valkyria Chronicles, sold over 1 million….

So I love my handhelds, it is the only place I have to play the games I like. I’d love to see them on home consoles…but that’s not going to happen anymore.

With the Vita on the way I buy digital when I can, but I’ll still buy UMDs if that’s all it’s on. Now if you were to say Sony dosen’t support the PSP Go … then I could agree with you.

+ Riptide8 on October 30th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

The psp is still fine for me, I have a droid smart phone and tons of UMD left to play.. I have a 2000 and I would buy a 3000 for cheap and let my son take over the 2000…. By the time they break beyond repair the VItA will be on its 3 generation

+ Xanzar on October 31st, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

Hopefully not the last psp bundle(i’m still gunna use my psp after i get my vita so i can have both epics sitting on a charger waiting to go at any time , one battery dies ill just use the other)