GTAV PS4

PlayStation: The Official Magazine Stalks Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

Roger Burchill's Avatar + Posted by Roger Burchill on Oct 24, 2011 // Editor in Chief, PlayStation: The Official Magazine

As Ezio Auditore’s trilogy approaches its thrilling conclusion, PTOM’s December issue offers previously unreleased plot details, hands-on impressions of new gameplay elements, and a breakdown on some of the Revelation’s new weaponry. But the most surprising reveal may be the nature of the link between Ezio and Altair. We’re busy sharpening our blades in anticipation for the franchise’s thrilling, bloody finale.

PlayStation The Official Magazine 12/11

Speaking of sharp, we also examine the most creative minds working on the next wave of PS3 games in our “PlayStation’s Ten Smartest Developers” feature. Who are they? What are the games that built their legacy? And what are they working on next? Every one of our top ten is worthy of their slot, but we had to make some difficult cuts to trim the list. Will you agree with our picks or be outraged at the omissions? We’re certain you’ll let us know.

Elsewhere in the issue, we make our first tantalizing visit to the world of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The fact that Bethesda only allowed us an hour to wander in wonderment actually borders on cruelty. At least EA gave us a day to explore Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning! Plus, we sit down with Naughty Dog for one last pre-release chat about Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. And PTOM editors Ryan Taljonick and Scott Butterworth continue the debate inspired by our November issue cover: Will Modern Warfare 3 outgun Battlefield 3? Or vice versa?

Rage heads up our reviews this month—a beautiful game with so many intriguing elements, it’s also one of the more difficult judgments we’ve had to make in recent months. That’s not the case with Dark Souls and NBA 2K12, read our breakdown on why these games are some of the best experiences available at the moment.

It’s all in PTOM’s December issue, headed to newsstands on October 25.

+ Butters360 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Sexy cover! I’m still waiting for your UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception cover!

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Thanks! It would be wrong if we didn’t do an Uncharted cover, huh?

+ uae_hunter7 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

amazing cover!/ will their be a new jack and daxter?

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

No word on a new Jak and Daxter, but definitely something we should be looking into.

+ SnDin9 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Very nice! Can’t wait for the release!

+ madecrazy on October 24th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

don’t forget to mention that Uncharted 3 got a rare 10/10 from ign

+ ERC1980 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Great Issue Roger!

got my copy last friday and it was a joy to read.

i’m still undecided about AC:R

too many awesome games coming out for ps3 in a short span

and one question Roger: Will the ps vita get it’s own special issue, like mgs: the complete guide?

that would be cool

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Unfortunately, PTOM doesn’t do one-off special editions anymore. So there are currently no plans for a Vita-only mag.

+ tazmania91 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Awesome ! Long Live Play !

+ GamerZeros on October 24th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

When will PTOM’s PS Vita coverage kick in full swing? I’m getting a PSV at launch early next year and I’m hoping PTOM devotes a lot of their coverage to PS Vita.

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

We’re definitely including as much Vita coverage as possible in every issue leading up to the launch. We’ve been getting some hands-on time with a lot of different Vita titles, but we’re still waiting for Sony to provide us with the actually hardware so we can really start exploring its capabilities and functions.

+ killinskull on October 24th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

Not a fan of Assassin’s Creed but Uncharted 3 makes up for it.

+ lisatsunami on October 24th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Ok, altho I love Ezio, why isn’t U3, the exclusive flagship Playstation, on the cover?

BOO, HISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TwinDad on October 24th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

The cover hints to Breaking PS Vita news. Anything to report soon :)

+ jecs90 on October 24th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

great cover, looking forward 4 uncharted!!!!!!

“Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.”

+ faizanmurtaza on October 24th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

Awesome cove can’t wait for battlefield3,uncharted3 and assassincreed revelations

+ Airwalkinman17 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Looks like a great issue. Cant wait to read the RAGE article. That game totally came outta left field for me. I was totally expecting it to be a pile of crud. Boy was I wrong!!! Its turned out to be a surprise candidate for game of the year for me. I’d hate to say this but its one of the best graphic performances I’ve ever seen on the PS3. Totally amazing game. Its so good I haven’t even opened a few other games because Rage is taking up all my gaming time! Its a very rewarding, long, involved experience. Love it. Highly recommended :D

PS: To Jeff, I was totally skeptical of Rage. Glad I was wrong. You were so right on. Thanks for the response way back when on the Rage article and for answering my question. “I’m not worthy!” *bows down ala Waynes’ World. lol

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

Rage is a beautiful game, but as you’ll see in my review, I did have issues with it. Drop me a line when you get a chance to play through it and let me know your thoughts. It was one of the more difficult reviews I’ve had to write in a while. Still not sure whether I was too hard on the game or too soft…or just right. I may have to replay it to check my own judgment.

+ boxmyth on October 24th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

I agree that Dark Souls really is one “of the best experiences available at the moment.”
If not ever. The game is friggin’ amazing.

+ Exalted_Knight on October 24th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Although I love reading PSM! It still would be more easier well at least to me to see a dedicated PS3/PSP/PSVita App that would see these in say.. comic book/pdf format.. We can purchase these and view them on these devices, click on boxes with the Cross button and view trailers and screenshots! Just trying to save trees.. Passing out a suggestion. Thanks!

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

We’re exploring every digital avenue available, but sometimes being the Official mag actually complicates the process of exploring new ventures. Rest assured though, we want it to happen too.

+ DRH235 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Cool.

+ OCxViRuXz on October 24th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

I agree with uae_hunter7, Will there be another Jak and Daxter game? Naughty Dog rulz when it comes to gaming xD Im hoping Modern Warfare 3 lives up to what Modern Warfare 2 was about. Black Ops was just such a BIG let down.

+ BIGBULLKAI on October 24th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

looks good it should od been mw3 on the cover i think

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

Are pulling my leg or did you just miss seeing last month’s cover?

+ Juhal_1234 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

i think a jak and daxter collection should be released THEN they should release another jak game

like they did with sly except sanzaru games are making it =)

sucker punch we finished infamous NOW GO HELP SANZARU GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naughty dog after uc3 you better go to jak and daxter TIME THE OLD GAMERS HAVE BACK THEIR FUN

Insomniac seriously? ratchet and clank all 4 one sponsers pheanias and ferb??? for disney wtf is wrong with you
enough with the kidy style gameplay

BRING BACK THE GAMES THE OLD GAMERS LOVED

ITS OUR CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ sugarfree1987 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

Nice! Too Bad I’m Broke.

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Shoot, and I was gonna ask you to spot me for lunch.

+ beastbarbour on October 24th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

still havent got my copy in the mail!!!

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

You’ll get it as soon as the mail man finishes reading it!

+ whillum on October 24th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

I would love to get a subscription to PSM, but I’m broke right now what with all these awesome games coming out in november :D Think you could cut down the price for a PSM subscription over in Canada?

+ Carl-G on October 24th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

I get the UK version & LOVE the magazine;)

+ JaY_Ci_415 on October 24th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

Are u guys considering offering this as a digital download for the iPad? Pls confirm…

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Like I said, we’re looking into all our digital options.

+ Evolution_ten on October 24th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

no uncharted cover?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 words WTH! nothing against AC but should of been U3!!!!

+ nwobhmrulz on October 24th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Any word on the development of final fantasy versus 13? last i heard they were putting all development time on that and haven’t heard or seen anything since, I’m so excited for this game because it has kingdom hearts battle system and after they release it they star development for kingdom hearts 3 so would like to know anything on ff versus 13 and if its still gonna be an exclusive? Thanks!

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

The only Final Fantasy game that Square’s been willing to talk to us about lately is XIII-2. Since that comes out in January, hopefully we’ll start hearing about their other projects soon.

+ hilyou on October 24th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Im a subscriber to you guys and I was wondering if you guys are going to have Uncharted 3 for PTOM’s Holiday issue?

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

Umm… No comment? I will say that I finished playing the game about a week ago. My official reaction is: OMG.

+ Roger Burchill on October 24th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

Ack. That last comment was supposed to be a reply to hilyou.

+ shadysaiyanz on October 24th, 2011 at 8:37 pm said:

Seeing as you’ll probably reply :D i’d like to add on to what nwobhmrulz said kinda. Don’t t you think it’s a pretty lame what Square-Enix does? Versus is probably like one of the most anticipated games EVER! (Also KHIII) and yet instead of putting resources towards that, they decided to go as far as making a sequel the XIII before Versus is even out and trying to resurface XIV vaporware… You guys should make an article about how their questionable business practices.

Versus was announced in 2006 and we’ve gotten pretty much nothing at all since then. 5 whole years!

Can’t wait for U3 though! Love PSM!

+ shadysaiyanz on October 24th, 2011 at 8:41 pm said:

Also, it’s like Disney got tired of waiting for KH3 too and just went and made Disney universe… which actually looks kinda fun but still haha.

+ Shinigami_Death_ on October 24th, 2011 at 10:59 pm said:

I absolutely love the cover. but what the guy said about jack and dexter you guys should definitely think about making some new storylines and plots. I love a game every since I was a child I still always play that. but if not I’m sure you guys are busy with much more new and exciting things. by the way is there any news on assassins creed coming to playstation vita anytime soon?

+ Talgron on October 25th, 2011 at 2:53 am said:

I share the same sentiment as nwobhmrulz and shadysaiyanz. I’ve been waiting on FFV13 since I was in high school and i’ve long since graduated and I barely know anymore about the game now then I did then. That was 4 years ago, i’m beginning to think that Versus is a no show, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Square issused a statement saying the game has been canceled. Oh and I also said WTF when I heard FF13 would get a sequel before Versus’s release. At this rate I bet the remake of FF10 will come out before Versus.

+ shadysaiyanz on October 25th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Oh yeah the FFX remake too… wasted resources… ugh damn you Square Enix.

+ hhaidar45 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

This might be a dumb question but I have no idea where to find this magazine, Where the best place to buy it??

+ zatnaru on October 28th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

Is the skyrim preview on ps3?

+ seti18 on October 28th, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

So, I’ve been worried about the PS3 version of Skyrim because there’s literally been no tangible evidence of the PS3 version and not even a review of the PS3 version. This is why the latest edition of PSM, in particular, is grabbing my attention and so I’ve got a crucial question to ask. Is it the PS3 version that you guys/gals got to demo? Do you, over at PSM, even accept anything but PS3 demos of your games? I hope the PS3 version turned out well.

+ CitizenErased_66 on October 28th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

im so buying this game!!!!

+ FranzvonHumboldt on October 30th, 2011 at 9:02 pm said:

Yes! Please tell us: did you guys demo Skyrim on PS3?