PS4-Watch_Dogs

SEGA Arcade Classic DAYTONA USA Gets a Rolling Start on PSN Tomorrow

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Mai Kawaguchi on Oct 24, 2011 // Sr. Digital Brand Manager, Sega

It’s time to get revved up with DAYTONA USA! The days of throwing quarters into an arcade machine to experience a high octane lap around the Daytona speedway may be gone, but starting tomorrow you can re-live all the excitement at home with the release of DAYTONA USA on PlayStation Network.

DAYTONA USA on PSN

It’s all here. The cars, the courses, the original soundtrack and of course, the unforgettable Rooolliiiing staaaart! Race your AI opponents in classic Arcade Mode, beat the clock in Survival and Time Trial modes or sing along to your favorite DAYTONA songs in Karaoke mode!

We are bringing back the original DAYTONA USA experience introduced back in 1993 with enhanced retro graphics, trophies, steering wheel controller support and a new online mode that supports up to 8 players.

Since its arcade debut, DAYTONA USA has stood the test of time as one of SEGA’s top racing titles. The DAYTONA USA and retro game fans will certainly notice that every detail of the original hit has been meticulously preserved and polished for this ultimate version of DAYTONA USA.

DAYTONA USA on PSN

For two weeks only (until November 8th), we are giving away our DAYTONA USA retro theme as gift with purchase. DAYTONA USA is also part of this month’s PlayStation Plus program. For Plus members, we are giving away a free theme and retro car avatars.

We hope to see you on the speedway tomorrow!

PAGE 1 2

+ rockinjs864 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

ROLLLIINNGG STAAARTTTT Cant’ Wait

+ Enalor on October 24th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Neat! Been like 10 years since I last played this game :D

+ oor1can on October 24th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

Is there any support for the Logitech G25/G27?

+ KillerStefan15 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

OOH THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Will this be available in Europe this Wednesday as well?

+ slickjones on October 24th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

I don’t think it’s been made clear before, but is this based on the original Saturn/PC version or the Dreamcast version?

Regardless, I’m really excited for this, as I never owned any of the older consoles that had it.

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Mai Kawaguchi on October 24th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

The game is based on the original arcade version. Glad you are excited!

+ rockinjs864 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

Free theme and retro car avatars with or without buying?Oh well doesnt matter this will be the game to top off my spend $60 get $10 back it

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Mai Kawaguchi on October 24th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

Retro theme is available as gift with purchase for two weeks. Daytona track theme and retro car avatars are free to all PS Plus members :)

+ ZachWuzHere on October 24th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

OMG BRING BACK NASCAR RUMBLE FROM PS1 TO THE PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Dark-Zero1687 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Hey! This is awesome, but the most important Q that I have, and I guess many more have. Does it come with Split screen local multiplayer? Or just online? I mean, that would either make or break the deal for me

+ KellyJaye on October 24th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

@slickjones…. I assume this is the arcade version, not a console version. The graphics are way too crisp to have been either system. Also notice that you can see ALL the way down the track! That was one thing no console version could do!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on October 24th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Ladies & gentlemen, start your engines!
:DD

+ zombie9 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

@5 1993 was Genesis/ Sega CD days Sonic came out in 91 i believe….

+ JetSetFuture on October 24th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Tomorrow’s weather forecast calls for plenty of “blue, blue skies.”

+ Bluejays20012 on October 24th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

that game suck

+ calidsma on October 24th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

Ooohh nice one!
Can’t wait to get my hands on this!!

+ black-goldcity6 on October 24th, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

I can’t wait for Battlefeild 3,but sadly i can’t get it tell christmas i know sucks for me.Does anyone know if the Famas is in BF3?.thanks.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on October 24th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

no split screen?? guess the price will be $5 then

+ kouderd on October 24th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

Awww man, I’m so hyped! and i love that they kept the soundtrack. Thats kinda what ruined crazy taxi for me :/ But so far I’v bought every dreamcast remaster to date.

I just can’t wait for what SEGA has up their sleeve. I Hope its something like Sonic Adventure 2 or Toy Commander. Please oh SEGA overlords if you’re reading this don’t leave us in suspense! Give us a definite yes or no for their releases!

+ akshay880 on October 24th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

I love the game bc i love playstation love all game no metter how is that but love u SONY for making play station 3 for us thank you

+ shogun00 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

@slickjones: It’s the arcade version according to Sega’s blog. The arcade version ran on Sega’s Model 2 board, which was a very power piece of tech for it’s time (beating out the average PC).

@zombie9: The game released out in Japanese arcades in 1993, in the US arcades in 1994. The game was released on the Saturn in 1995, on the PC in 1996 and on the Dreamcast in 1999. Daytona USA never released out on the Genesis.

+ SPYNOS on October 24th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Please tell SEGA to release Fighters Megamix in HD! I bet it will sell really well, everyone would want that in their game collection or am I the only one?

+ Carl-G on October 24th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Can we have ‘EVERY’ Arcade Classics on PSN please? ? ? :P That would make PSN even better;)

+ sirbflo114 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

“DAYTOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I am getting flashbacks.

+ Xanzar on October 24th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

been 10 years since i broke the saturn(QQ i thought the cords went in through the cd case, we all have dumb kid moments) can’t wait to play again.

+ Xanzar on October 24th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

psp version? or ps3 (and saturn only :P)

+ akshay880 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

yep you are right bro

+ akshay880 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

i think ps3 version bro

+ SPYNOS on October 24th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

& I forgot virtua fighter kids or maybe release a SEGA fighting collection, just saying because I don’t have a Saturn.

+ Elway358 on October 24th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Now this is the kind of classics Im wanting! Still have this for my Saturn and can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow for PS3!! G-A-M-E O-”ooh”-E-R. LOL, gotta love it!

+ scataraman on October 24th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

+ spinthehizay on October 24th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Hey guys at Playstation, will you put Road Rash (PS1) up in Playstation Store please it would really help I really want the classic motorcycle game.

+ robhorine711 on October 24th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Hope this is a start for Sega to post more model 2 and 3 classics on PSN. Would love Fighting Vipers, VF Kids, Fighters MeegaMix and LA Riders to make it to PSN.

+ Genexi2 on October 24th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Hoping for some wheel and stick-shift support with my G27. The game wouldn’t be the same on a DualShock 3!

The Daytona 1 & 2 machines at my local arcade a good decade some back were probably the loudest coin-ops in the building, and for good reason.

+ AJBS0NIC on October 24th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

Is it too far-fetched to hope for future DLC of later tracks in the Daytona series?

+ NEJI64 on October 24th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Sega wheres Sonic&Knuckles and Sonic 3…?

+ Williamsky on October 24th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

First Golden Axe then Altered Beast and now Daytona USA, I lost a lot of money in the arcade on these games. Good Times! :)

+ Budapesti on October 24th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

This, along with Star Wars Arcade, was the only coin-op I was ever truly addicted to. $10? Absolute bargain.
Am I the only one who’s really excited to see ‘Sonic Mountain’ again, on their HDTV???

+ Budapesti on October 24th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Incidentally, what are ‘enhanced retro graphics’. An oxymoron, surely?

+ StinkyMoney5 on October 24th, 2011 at 6:40 pm said:

I love DAYTONA USA!!!

+ chemerie on October 24th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

I’m glad to see another Sega arcade racing game on PS3 besides Sega Rally. I hope more Sega arcade racing games will follow soon. In fact, You guys at Sega should bring Initial D to the States. I’ve been a fan of the franchise and the Initial D Arcade Stage series. I hope it comes to the U.S. on the near future.

Also, will you be releasing the original arcade version of Vortual On: Cybertroopers, Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx soon?

+ candycabngfl on October 24th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

Finally one of the better Sega games that people actually want :)

Crazy Taxi seems overly floaty and pointless without the original sound track, very disappointing port of an otherwise fun arcade game :(

Hope Daytona plays like it should. Sega needs to get their stuff together and give U.S. gamers a decent Out Run port for PSN instead of games like Fishing that are kind of pointless without a dedicated controller like the arcade hardware or DC used.

I would love to see arcade based Manx T.T., Super Hang-On and Sega G.T. get ports but I wont hold my breath.

+ JEC94 on October 24th, 2011 at 9:52 pm said:

Sega is doing the same thing Sony’s do with PS1 ”classics”,adding piece of **** games instead of real classics like Sonic adventures 2,Soul Calibur and House of the dead,Fail.

+ PS_man1984 on October 24th, 2011 at 11:40 pm said:

@40

And they won’t even update the graphics.

I love how Sega is putting their old games on PSN, even though Sony is the one that caused them to exit the console market.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess.

+ mistercomplexz on October 25th, 2011 at 2:20 am said:

as long as this supports my logitech driving force pro, I am sold :) I can’t find a list of exactly what wheels are supported. does such a thing exist?

Mai Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Mai Kawaguchi on October 25th, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

We Officially support the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel from Logitech. If your steering wheel supports the same programming SDK, it should work. Please look for more info on Logitech’s site.

+ mistercomplexz on October 25th, 2011 at 2:23 am said:

@40

sonic adventure 2 is a real classic and daytona is a crappy game nobody wants huh…. it must be opposites day today.

PS: soul calibur isn’t even a sega game.

+ Nando_lavras on October 25th, 2011 at 4:40 am said:

Road Rash on PS Store NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TONY-Q on October 25th, 2011 at 5:51 am said:

can i have some quaters mom?!?!

+ Shrewder on October 25th, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

I heard on a gaming podcast that this title was being released soon. I was pleased when they mentioned it would be based off the arcade version. I’m very happy to read that the game offers wheel support. AWESOME! Day one purchase for me.

On another SEGA related note…I picked up my pre-order copy of House of the Dead:Extended Cut at the midnight launch for BF3. I will be shooting up the dead, in 3D, with my sharpshooter this weekend.

+ JonJonXD on October 25th, 2011 at 7:02 am said:

Sounds awesome to me ;).

+ JonJonXD on October 25th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

I’ll just make the $60 USD mark with this update…would have been way easier if the RE games were a part of this month ;)

I’ll probably pick this up. I loved this game.

+ tifosiotaku on October 25th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

I’ll pick up the PS+ freebies and get the game on Xbox Live Arcade instead- driving games like Daytona USA seem better with the triggers on the X360 gamepad, anyways.

I hope Daytona USA 2 is next, I loved that game.

PAGE 1 2