PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood hits PSN Today with PS Move Support

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Oct 25, 2011 // Sucker Punch Productions

It’s been a long time since my last PlayStation.Blog post, and today’s entry is a little….different. I’ll start with the marketing facts (inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood available now!!!! $9.99!! Only $7.99 if you are a PlayStation Plus member!!!) but really, I thought I’d give you a little insight into why and how we ended up making a vampire based spin-off of inFAMOUS.

For us, we’d been working for two projects and five-plus years on the main storyline of inFAMOUS. We wanted the DLC to be a chance to take all that art and technology and do something fun and different for players. We knew we couldn’t just release some more missions or a skin pack, so we took a bunch of pitches from all the departments here at the studio for what we might do. We wanted something that fit the world of inFAMOUS, would be fun to work on, and ideally would be unexpected, too.

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

One of the strong pitches we got was originally called “Vampire City” (a play on “Empire City” from inFAMOUS). The pitch was that Zeke was trying to impress a girl with a tall tale about Cole, Vampires, and the origins of Pyre Night. There was a lot to like about this pitch, some important ones were: finally getting to add flying to inFAMOUS, the strong “Pyre Night” set dressing we could add to New Marais, a solid supernatural basis for new powers, and of course having a launch date in the days before Halloween didn’t hurt, either. So it was decided, and work began!

About the same time, we had some promising PlayStation Move prototypes running. We’d initially thought we would use Move to support UGC authors–but as we progressed, we became convinced we could make the game fully playable with Move. So Move shifted to become a core gameplay feature, and our UGC team decided to tackle our next big wishlist item – “speech bubble” cutscenes. Like making narrative missions? Now you get set-up camera shots and add speech bubbles to characters!

So that’s the story behind “Festival of Blood”… We all hope you enjoy this little “what if” detour in the inFAMOUS universe… From all of us at Sucker Punch, Happy Halloween!!

P.S. I can also confirm the new cutscene tool and PlayStation Move support will appear in the main inFAMOUS 2 game any day now!

+ Permafry_42 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Will previous save data have any impact on the dlc?

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 25th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

No. Previous inFAMOUS or inFAMOUS 2 data will not impact anything in Festival of Blood.

+ JUGGALO414 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

i find it funny how people come on these blogs every week and say “why can’t i find it? am i missing something?” you would think that people would eventually learn that you have to wait for the store to update. lets just hope it’s not like last week where it didn’t update untill 10:30 pm here.

+ Keyeszx on October 25th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

I tried entering the infamous 2 Cole’s Missing Mission contest with my mission I spent a good four to five days working on, the last two werer spent testing. I put a lot of effort into this and when I go to upload it never does. I complete the mission and then upload. I thought I would also help out other people entering the contest and try their missions and rate it. But my rating and play never showed up. I even wrote a review for a few of the missions that I thought needed the help. The rules say the missions will be judged Oct 26 11:59 PM pst and nothing about when they need to be submitted. I’m hoping I’m not too late and you the entry time will be extended for this issue with the servers and uploading missions. I think my mission might have a chance if allowed to enter but the servers won’t upload my mission so I can’t get anyone to play or rate it.

+ mrslimee on October 25th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

This is my first time ordering off the PSN. Its 2:30 PM not available for download yet. Can’t say “Your selling me on purchasing any other downloads.

+ rufotattoous on October 25th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

HOPEFULLY IT UPDATES TODAY AND NOT AFTER MIDNIGHT LIKE LAST WEEK ON THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Dear Collin Moore
i am asking my self if i could use the DLC skins of I2 in FoB BCUZ im realy looking forward to play my Vampire way as the reaper. and i know that tis is a stand alone but it doesn’t harm to ask B). or does it?. and that if Vampire cole skin will be able to play with in I2. Cause i like the amp and the blooded shirt and the fangs and eyes. truely yours berserker134. P.S. also the powers will be a good idea to transfer from I2 to FoB and from FoB to I2 please reply and tell sony they should up grade the store more fast when they get new stuff just saying.B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on October 25th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

You can’t use skins from inFAMOUS 2 in Festival of Blood.

+ Kahlil912 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

i pre-ordered it and when i went to download it it wasn’t there is it going to be delayed for download or am i just a little impatient

+ Orufonz0 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

@berserker134 im with you men, I would really like to use the powers of this DLC in infamous 2, I hope they answer…

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

yeah you r right Kahlil912 i’m in Puerto Rico and it hasn’t updated yet but whatevs

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

and add me

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

I’m off work and ready to play…Hopefully they release soon…

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

update the friggin store already sony JEEEZ. I held off getting bf3 today cuz i wanted to play this first but now its 3 in the afternoon and still NOTTA. By the time you lazy arses update the store and the 3gb file downloads it will be wednesday. You shoulda just released on wednesday then. Would it have been so hard to update the store at midnight for a highly anticipated release like this.

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Orufonz0 yea and it hasn’t updated yet aka the store

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

and add me man

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

man if it updates tomorrow i will frigin shoot myself cuz its not fair

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

here in front of the ps store to see when it’s updated

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

yeah no kidding wish i wouldnt of pre-ordered now this is ticking me off to the point where i almost regret buying it. They are lucky I love me some Infamous and refuse to go back to microsoft lol.

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

Collin Moore thanks for replying btw it would be a good idea to do the thing of the skins on FoB and powers 2 8)

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

And PLEASE UPDATE THE STOREEEEEEEEE NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SONY.

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

UltraRazpacho how you know that

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

BTW what is so inportant bout trophies really 8P. trophies aren’t the deal the deal is good gameplay,good consept,good content and obiously GOOD GRAPHICSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Dias_Lagu on October 25th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

personally dont see the point of even calling it a preorder if anyone can get it. considering its a digital download and not physical it doesnt run out.. so there are no limits. and seeing how it didn’t come out early for those who preordered then what’s the point? I am really confused on this. who even heard of preordering dlc anyways?

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

yeaH i have been wating all month for these moment but guess what SOMEONE HASNOT UPDATED THE STORE FOR ME TO PLAY INFAMOUS 2 FESTIVAL OF BLOOOOOOOOOD AND YES I AM TALKING TO YOU SONYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX………._ _
_

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

Dias_Lagu ANY THING IS POSIBLE EVEN IF YOU THINK I AM DUM IT’S TRUE BE CUZ ANITHING IS POSIBBLLLEEE

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

THAT IS MY OPINION :D

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

GONNA PLAY INFAMOUS 2 UNTIL THE STORE IS UPDATED PLEASE PUT A COMMENT WHEN IT UDATES

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

just cuz you can pre-order something it doenst mean there are a limited number released and for pre-ordering this you got a dynamic theme for free so there is your “point” of pre ordering it btw really cool theme but doesnt take away my anger from wasting all day sitting here waiting for the stupid store to update

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

and an idea for dlc skins for Fob would be a modern drakula like from Blade 3,Van helsing and a fully silver stakeAMP. instead of a wooden stake. please reply me TO SEE IF U THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA 8D

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

seriously sony put the freaking game on the store, even if you dont update the whole store just put the dang thing on there it has been October 25th for sometime now, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

+ soulreap2 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Whoa $10?! What a deal, I expected this to be $20, sweetness, good on you Sucker Punch =D. I’m always excited for new Infamous content. I have a question though, what is the powers situation in this? Do we have all the powers from 2? Does the game read our save files or something?

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

+ L_10_Messi AGREE WITH U 100% MAN ADD ME

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

soulreap2 NO NEITHER THE SKINS POWERS OR WEAPONS.

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 1:36 pm said:

I dont know about all the same powers from 2 or about using save files i doubt it about the save files since its a stand alone expansion not just your normal dlc. Also, there are a whole bunch of new powers. Cole can FLY in festival of blood. yeah i said it he can fly.

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

AND BITE NECKS AND NO YOU CN’T DO ANY THING OR HAVE ANYTHING FROM INFAMOUS 2 COLLIN MOORE TOLD ME

+ lisatsunami on October 25th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

(groan) Why do you east of Las Vegas & foreigners complain about the store update time every week!?

The military/industrial/entertainment complex runs on W/Best coast time, deal with it whiners!

+ sethorosh on October 25th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

will we get a notification message like with payday the heist when the store updates?

+ mystry_n_chaos on October 25th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

I pre-ordered the game already and love the theme. How do i get the download??? Can’t wait. Thanks guys!!!!!

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

Download is up.

+ brickcity76 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

When will you guys be updating the store.

+ wtf2134 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

it is coming the store in under maintenance

+ soulreap2 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

thanks Messi and Berserker, and the flying is reason enough for a definite buy.

+ cus5 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Hope it updates Soon! This is the only thing i hate about the psn, they always take forever to update the store.

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

Tchanku what the heck? the download is up you jerk. you got my hopes up.

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

the download isnt****

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

soulreap2 YU WELCOME

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

ITS ON PSN AND NOT UPDATED YET WTF DOWNLOADINGIT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

At L_10 it is too, I’m at 20%

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

MORDECAI AND RIGBY SAY YEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

damn what the hell it aint up for me, where did you go??? ive tried new releases then add ons

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

found it, it aint under new releases yet but the tab to pre order it will now let you download it