PS4-Infamous

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood hits PSN Today with PS Move Support

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Oct 25, 2011 // Sucker Punch Productions

It’s been a long time since my last PlayStation.Blog post, and today’s entry is a little….different. I’ll start with the marketing facts (inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood available now!!!! $9.99!! Only $7.99 if you are a PlayStation Plus member!!!) but really, I thought I’d give you a little insight into why and how we ended up making a vampire based spin-off of inFAMOUS.

For us, we’d been working for two projects and five-plus years on the main storyline of inFAMOUS. We wanted the DLC to be a chance to take all that art and technology and do something fun and different for players. We knew we couldn’t just release some more missions or a skin pack, so we took a bunch of pitches from all the departments here at the studio for what we might do. We wanted something that fit the world of inFAMOUS, would be fun to work on, and ideally would be unexpected, too.

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood for PS3 (PSN)

One of the strong pitches we got was originally called “Vampire City” (a play on “Empire City” from inFAMOUS). The pitch was that Zeke was trying to impress a girl with a tall tale about Cole, Vampires, and the origins of Pyre Night. There was a lot to like about this pitch, some important ones were: finally getting to add flying to inFAMOUS, the strong “Pyre Night” set dressing we could add to New Marais, a solid supernatural basis for new powers, and of course having a launch date in the days before Halloween didn’t hurt, either. So it was decided, and work began!

About the same time, we had some promising PlayStation Move prototypes running. We’d initially thought we would use Move to support UGC authors–but as we progressed, we became convinced we could make the game fully playable with Move. So Move shifted to become a core gameplay feature, and our UGC team decided to tackle our next big wishlist item – “speech bubble” cutscenes. Like making narrative missions? Now you get set-up camera shots and add speech bubbles to characters!

So that’s the story behind “Festival of Blood”… We all hope you enjoy this little “what if” detour in the inFAMOUS universe… From all of us at Sucker Punch, Happy Halloween!!

P.S. I can also confirm the new cutscene tool and PlayStation Move support will appear in the main inFAMOUS 2 game any day now!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ cus5 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Damn it wont let me download it. I keep getting a error message (80710092)

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

THUMBS DOWN ITS 3093 MBITESSSSSSSSS

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

L_10_Messi GO TO THE PRE ORDER TAB AND INSTEAD OF SAYING PREORDER IT SAYS GAME FULL GAME

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

WELL TO WIT TILL IT DOWNLOADS X) HACKING HAPPY I AM

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

L.o.L. Sony, people gettin’ impatient here…

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

+ bullclaws ADD ME PLZ

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Oh ok, I just went to the “System Update” option, I’m updating my system, I hope this update is the one for the PS Store. I’ll tell you guys if it’s the right update…

+ cus5 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Ok it’s downloading finally!! just gotta wait 45 minutes!

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

berserker134, lol why should I add you? But I will, it’s just funny I don’t even know you.

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Wow, I can’t belive how fast these comments are going…

+ brickcity76 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Finally, now I can bite some fools and fly around New Marai

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Hey! Please don’t give any spoilers! >:(

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

Okay, go to “Settings: scroll up to “System Update” click on it. And update you system, then you can download inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood!

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

+ bullclaws I WANT MORE FRIEND AND JUST TO SAY I AM 13 YEARS OLD

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

+ bullclaws JUST GO TO THE STOR WITHOUT DOWN LOAD ING THE UPDATE THAT IS WHAT I DID I AM DOWNLOADING IT NOW :D FINALY

+ bullclaws on October 25th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

I sent friend request, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t the place to be sending “private messages”. And I think these will be deleted.

+ L_10_Messi_ on October 25th, 2011 at 2:34 pm said:

pry cuz its being overloaded right now cuz the download is going slow as hell for me, its been about 20 minutes and im only about 300mb or 10 percent done. Cuz it definately aint downloading at my normal speed. all i can say is to keep trying until it goes through, the same thinghappened whenever the gave out the welcome back package games you kept getting error codes and they finally went through after about 30 tries LOL so either keep trying or come back later

+ cus5 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

lol Yea , its letting me download it now its just taking a lot longer than normal.

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

PSN downloads take forever…with no explanation…that being said, mine is done and installing, cya all later!

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

MINE IS HACKING SLOW THOBS DOWN FOR THAT IS ABOUT LIKE 200 MB

+ biolante555 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

they finally put it up yay. and its probly so because look how many people were ready to download it right away. and the battlefield 3 servers are also really busy.

+ jimsidious on October 25th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

DUDE THIS GAME IS SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! thank you sucker punch you never let us down!!!!!! and to think I never woulda tried (maybe) if sony never gave this out for free as a thank you for our patience, it brought me to the world of inFAMOUS and A.C. both killer games, and now this, prolly the best add on EVER!!!!!!

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

REALLY SLOW

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

+ Keyeszx on October 25th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

Sucker Punch something is wrong with your servers. I can’t upload any missions and plays don’t get counted. What is wrong with the servers, this is going to mess with a lot of entries into the mission contest you have going. Don’t screw us over, fix the issue.

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Keyeszx look this blog is for infamous FoB and no one is going to do more mission replyes

+ angelspawn77 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Downloading it now!

+ most_notorius300 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

This looks amazing still working on my infamous 2 plat, but right after i ge itt im purchasing this bloodsucker. More games should create side story dlc for their games its a great idea, cant wait!!!

+ berserker134 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

my download is taking foreverrrrrrrrr X( @#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#%)(*&^%$#

+ MAXIMO273 on October 25th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

Is there any chance of getting some footage up with the game being played with Move? And, roughly how long is this game. This almost kind of reminds me of what Insomanic did with Ratchet n Clank Quest for Booty..it was considered DLC to the first game ,but it was realistically a full game

+ lotso05 on October 25th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

this add on looks beasty i have play inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2 but now with this add on it looks like the ultimate inFAMOUS add on. …COLE AS A VAMPIRE AWSOME COOL NEW POWERS …..yAh ROCK ON SUCKER PUNCH!!!

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

Short game, but fun, worth the money. And I really enjoyed the move controls, they were clunky at first, but once I got used to them they were very smooth.

+ Tchanku on October 25th, 2011 at 7:53 pm said:

Also, I’m looking forward to some UGC content, and I hope you connect this with Infamous 2 so I don’t have to load them separately…

p.s. Make another. :p

+ GMFCO311 on October 25th, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

Want it, need it, got it! :)

+ JJairo92 on October 25th, 2011 at 11:10 pm said:

I didn’t have a chance to pre-order it; I just bought it today but didn’t get the dynamic theme :( please let it be available through purchase on psn! :)

+ Dudimus24 on October 26th, 2011 at 5:02 am said:

I really dig the move controls for this, once you get the camera turning figured out it becomes more accurate than regular controls, as is the case for many move compatible titles. So now that suckerpunch proved that you can successfully impliment move controls into a fast paced 3rd person shooter, I expect uncharted 3 to get patched to allow for move controls as well, it really does make the experience more enjoyable and precise.

+ berserker134 on October 26th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

fricking want to play this but my fricking play station won’t download it faster is hellova slow download DXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX but what evs i know it’s going to be awesome if it was like a whole game instead of one night it would be worth to pay 15 bucks but is a short standalone so is worth 9:99 bucks BD thanks sony and sucker punch im glad you got marriedBD

+ berserker134 on October 26th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

Sucker punch it would be a grat idea to let us players pass I2 skins and powers and weapons to FoB and FoB vamp cole skin and vamp powers and weapon to I2 so you should work on that later. p.s. itwould be great to bring a dlc skin weapon to FoB the idea is a fully metal FoB disign AMP becuz it’s cind of lame to have a metal cross but at the end to have a wooden stake like really it would be cooler to have it fully metal and also to have a dlc vampire shuriken like the one from the vamp and a vampire hunting gear with a hoodie and one without a hoodie

+ berserker134 on October 26th, 2011 at 7:03 am said:

so please at least do the stakeamp of metal and the vampire hunting gear with the hoodie work on that later please do it please please please pleaseXO. please and the price for each would be 99 cents and for the bundle 1.99 and ps a unshirted vampire skin its so awesome X=D

+ dragon_frost on October 26th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

@Collin Moore…Any chance this series may expand onto the playstation vita?

+ Welmosca on October 26th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

looks awesome since the first trailer…I’ll buy for sure but I need to know how many trophies have?…

+ kazuki20 on October 26th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

My friend just bought it but is havin a major problem, i’m fine and it’s download but his problem is that when he starte downloading it, it says 89 mins will take to download. so he left it alone to download an comes back home from school after 2 hours. the download was at 2325MB at 75% but it just suddenly stopped there. he told me he left it for another hour an it was still in that same % and same MB/GB. Do you guys know what the problem is or no?

+ Hihsasuke on October 26th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

will there be trophy sync with this?

+ harribobaggins on October 29th, 2011 at 12:45 am said:

the sheer length of time this has taken to download (was originally getting to 10 hour) for a two hour game has made me not want to play it any more. is there a way we can get this faster? am i doing something wrong? my internet connection is fine and fast, (takes about three mins to load a film) and i have unlimited usage. It’s annoying.

+ dilbig5 on October 29th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

You guys must have horrible connections. Mine only took about 10, maybe 20 minutes to download and maybe 2 (if that) to install.

+ Ozzy_1907 on October 30th, 2011 at 12:53 am said:

So any dates about when will Infamous 2 is getting PS Move patch?

+ draph91 on November 1st, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

do i need to have playstation move to play the game or it is optional?

PAGE 1 2 3