PlayStation Music

Oct 25

Sack It To Me: LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Bundle, LBP2 Special Edition, UNCHARTED 3 Costume

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Mark Valledor on Oct 25, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Over the next few months, Sackboy has plans to keep you busy with tons of activity including new friends, new costumes, and new ways to get started with LittleBigPlanet…

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition

LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition = LBP2 + Move + over $35 of bonus goodies

If you’re reading this, we know all/most of you already have LittleBigPlanet 2, but for those of you who don’t, or if you have friends who don’t, this is the perfect time to get your hands on the latest Sackboy adventure. Not just because it’s been one of the most popular games on PS3 in 2011, but because it includes tons and tons of bonus content, including:

• PlayStation Move support: Now you can choose to play LittleBigPlanet 2 with all new Move controls and enjoy the over 6,000 Move games created by fans like you…FOR FREE! Endless Fun!
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling: A whole new adventure in which a rogue cake threatens doom and destruction, and you Sackfolk must once again attempt to restore peace to Craftworld, featuring 5 new levels + 7 mini-levels, and tons of goodies. Plus, all of the cool new Move tools to let you Create and Share your own “Move” games for the rest of the community to Play! This suite of new creative tools give you the power to create your own Move games, record fluid motions, and paint your own stickers, while using a boatload of new stickers, materials, decorations, costumes, music, sound and sequencer objects that will vastly broaden your creative palette, and make your Popit burst at the seams.
  • Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Level Pack– five new levels + two mini-levels + one Alien costume and more goodies.
  • Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Costume Pack – Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, Hamm, and Rex costumes for Sackboy!
  • Pets Costumes — The full line of costumes (12) from the Cats Costume Pack, Dogs Costume Pack, and Even More Animals Costume Pack

The LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition will be available at select retailers on November 15th, just in time for the holidays. Tell your friends!

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation Move Bundle

It’s everything you need to get Sackboy Moving! The LBP2 PS Move bundle, includes everything you need to enjoy LBP2 in a whole different way, including:

• LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition
  • 1 PlayStation Move Motion Controller
  • 1 PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
  • 1 PlayStation Eye Camera

Be on the look out for the LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition and LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation Move Bundle available at select retailers on November 15th!

UNCHARTED 3 Nathan Drake costume next week

Next week’s release of UNCHARTED 3 is something we’ve all been waiting for. And to keep you in the Nathan Drake mood, next week you’ll be able to download the brand, spanking new, Nathan Drake costume.

The UNCHARTED 3 costume will be available on PSN beginning November 1st.

Birthday Cake costume next week…but for a limited time!

Come celebrate LBP’s third birthday with us with some FREE cake! Next week download the FREE re-release of the “Sackboy in cake” costume, but hurry, it’ll only be on the PS Store for a limited time. The LittleBigPlanet Birthday Cake costume will be available on PSN from November 1st through November 8th.

Let the awards season begin!

Looks like the 2011 awards season is ramping up and we’re honored to be recently nominated by the following organizations:

This week on the PlayStation Store

Community Corner: Must Play Move games

Also, thanks to SilverScorp91 and LittleBigRussia on capturing these levels for our online viewing pleasure. Keep it up!

PAGE 1 2

+ gagjm on October 25th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

@33, most of the collectors edition DLC is already out on the PS Store, and the rest will come soon.

I have the Pumpkin and Birthday Cake (wonder if they will have a different birthday cake LBP2 version!), and I plan to get the Invisimals soon. As for Drake, why just Drake, why not a whole level kit!!! I will buy Drake though, you can count on that!

+ ToFeY on October 25th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

only nathan drake costume? what about sully and elena? ;(

+ amshockeyfan on October 25th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

I’m using my LBP2 CE Bookends for the games I am not actively playing.

I may see about trading in the CE game (by itself) as trade in credit for the LBP2 Move Bundle.

+ Shiaoran on October 25th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Are the Collector’s Edition DLC still exclusive? Any chance of including them in this bundle still?

+ PS_man1984 on October 25th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

I guess I’ll trade in my normal copy of LBP2 for this new Move bundle. I’ve been wanting to get a Move for a while now, but Sports Champions was boring (played the demo at Best Buy).

+ Hooligantuan on October 25th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

I don’t suppose DLC costumes are going to see any sort of price drop coinciding with the “here it is for free” version of the game, eh?

+ sawh_10 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

OMG :O I’m totally going to get the Drake costume, also i’ve checked the store for the Halloween pumpkin head, & i can’t find it. Please help! Thanks

+ Shishimo9000 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

I’ll never understand the logic of these special edition/game of the year editions…. Early adopters spend an assload of money on the game and the follow up DLC and then a few months later because of us early adopters buying the stuff the company has the money to release a special version of the game cheaper (in the case of LBP1 not here though it stays at $60 i realize that) with a ton of DLC….

Why should anyone ever make a day one purchase of something?!? If you hold out you get everything free… and end up feeling like a sucker for paying for everything.

I love that Sony’s day one consoles are always of better quality and have more features than their later counterparts (for the most part) But day one purchases of the games is a waste of money.

+ Genexi2 on October 25th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

Damn, wish I didn’t pick up the Collector’s Edition now.

I would have preferred a backup camera and a second pair of Move/Nav controller, and the $10 Move-DLC over what I got in my pack………plus having to pay $10 for the Move-DLC.

+ TheUndertaker85 on October 25th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

PLEASE adjust the prices for this. I recall a little bit ago that the price for LBP2 was dropped to $40. Making this Special Edition $60 IS NOT a $35. It’s a $15 savings as you’re already paying an extra $20 on top of what you would with the original version of LBP2.

This goes even further with the Move bundle pack.

$40 for the PS Eye
$30 for a Nav
$50 for a PS Move

That right there is $120. I understand that with the game you’ll be saving a bit on all of it, but these Move bundles have been priced at $99 making it a steal. Adding in the DLC is nice, but this really isn’t that great of a deal when you consider that right now, I can go pick up another PS Move bundle with game then pick up LBP2 for $40 and be spending $139, $10 more than what you’re charging for this bundle while getting LBP2 and another title for the small difference.

+ lhapka on October 25th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

i want all of this so bad!!!!!!.. little big planet is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ yesimasian2 on October 25th, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

i love playing LBP2 with the Move controller, even on standard levels, it just feels more natural with the way Sackboy flops and jumps around, i dunno, hard to explain … i feel more relaxed and fluid and less tense with the controllers vs the DualShock … in my opinion, LBP2 is THE reason to have the Move controllers …

PS: i know it looks like it, but i swear I don’t work for Media Molecule, I’m just a big fan!

+ MarkakaJin on October 25th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

Since you guys released FFVII costumes, why not FFVIII?

+ TallCrowe on October 25th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

That move bundle looks all kinds of awesome.

+ codibear8383 on October 25th, 2011 at 10:40 pm said:

Wow, I cannot begin to thank you guys enough for giving me the honor of having my level featured on this post! It’s truely an unbelievable feeling! Thank you so much!

+ iTofuMan on October 26th, 2011 at 12:46 am said:

Great bundle. I would have gotten had i not just recently got the Collector Edition for 20$, plus the Move Bundle for only 50$. Still i think anyone who is interested in LBP+ PS Move should jump on this

+ Carl-G on October 26th, 2011 at 2:49 am said:

I know LBP2 came out this year but – ‘I WANT A LBP3! ! !’ :P I really love ‘MM’ levels & i want more;)

+ ScorpSkull on October 26th, 2011 at 3:14 am said:

My video on PS Blog? Haha that´s awesome :D

– SilverScorp91

+ ZildjianKX on October 26th, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

And this is exactly why I traded in LittleBigPlanet 2 after I beat it… I learned my lesson from LittleBigPlanet 1 that the game would be re-released with all the DLC. I swear, the video game industry double dips releases more than the movie industry now.

+ saintaqua on October 26th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

How can people complain that they were “ripped off” with buying this game previously? It’s been eleven months almost.
If they want to be bitter about playing one of the best games this gen then they are obviously the kind of people who like to complain and troll…

I love LBP!

+ mudhut4 on October 26th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Will uk get anything free? America got the sackboy plushies and bookends, will we get any of them sent to us later or something. I feel ripped off after America got extra things in the collector’s edition.

+ DiOxi on October 26th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Ooh, my level is featured in PS Blog :O

+ KILLO31 on October 26th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

Darn just finished lbp one I wanna play it over and get all the prize bubbles then I wanna get to play lbp2 that I had since when ever homefront came out cuz thats when I bought it. But battlefield 3 is out so is inFAMOUSE festavile of bloods and uncharted 3 out monday *sigh* to many good games isn’t it great !

+ mitko_71 on October 26th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

That’s very cool guys.Can somebody inform me….this year is there going to be a GOTY awarding around the holiday season? I mean Uncharted 2 came out 2009 but it got GOTY in the end of 2010…that makes me confused.Because I’m waiting alot of games for GOTY…Mortal Kombat,Arkham City,LittleBigPlanet 2 etc.
That was my first question,the other one is: is this edition supposed to replace the GOTY edition? It has exactly 35$ value goodies inside,so did Uncharted 2 when it got GOTY…so that confuses me even more.That was my plan from the beginning of 2011.I got only games that I couldn’t wait.Uncharted 3 and Portal 2.Ofcourse I got much more games but they aren’t from 2011.I’ll be checking out reguraly if someone answered me.

+ jstepp2 on October 26th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

I’m diggin’ the Uncharted 3 costume…

+ DJShark2286 on October 27th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

hey will my lbp2 stuff be under all the same saves when this lbp2 se comes out. just like they did for lbp goty , or will this be all dlc stuff.

+ Welmosca on October 28th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

thank you MM for hear me….how have I been wait for this drake custome….november first I’ll go to the store every minute to check if drake is there….because this is a first second buy….this is pure awesomeness…now just do one for uncharted 2 too…elena,chloe and sully would be amazing too.I love MM keep the DLC’s coming….you guys know what would be an awesome custome?AVATAR customes you know what I talking about…james cameron AVATAR.

Also that “Castle of Infinite Sunset” lvl is AMAAAAZING!!!!….For God that dude is incredible I wonder how many time he take to make that lvl.Awesome job man.And “Timber Ridge”is awesome too.

+ CitizenErased_66 on October 28th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

I want this so much !

+ Owrecker3 on October 29th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

This sounds awesome but I bought the original game and not the collecters edition and my ps3 craped out on me sortive and I don’t have the ps move and I don’t want to buy this pack cause i have the original one. I’m not trying to complain but sorry if I don’t buy this pack. And i hope that LBP3 is going to be coming out next year too. ;). Do you think that MM might come out with LBP3 next year?

+ Williamsky on October 25th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

Love the Drake costume.

+ FredNation on October 25th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Everything LBP has is wonderful.

+ Audio_remiX943 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

Couple of questions:
1: Is MM gonna release the halloween head for free?
2: How much $ is the Nathan Drake costume?
3: How much $ is the LBP2 special edition?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

1) Heck yeah its free
    2) $1.99
    3) The Special Edition has an SRP of $59.99. Also, FYI, the LBP2: Move bundle has an SRP of $129.99. But keep an eye out for some great deals…

+ CougraCat on October 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

What will the price for the bundle be? The Drake Costume looks really good.

+ TomHoang on October 25th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

Will the LPP2 Special Edition game be available for purchase separately from the bundle? I already have Move.

+ QuantumMercury on October 25th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

This should’ve been the Move launch bundle instead of that attempt @ a WiiSports copy… Sports Champions.

+ Aeolus426 on October 25th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Thank you for informing me that i wasted my money on the collectors edition another reason for me not to be a customer anymore ^.^

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

I wouldn’t say you wasted your money. You got a Sackboy Plushie, Limited Edition bookends and free DLC. Plus (pending when you bought it) at least a few months of playing the game and user-generated content before this even comes out.

+ Sharingan_itachi on October 25th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

Mm has disappoint with the lack of dlc :(

They did better with LBP1.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

Don’t worry we got more coming…stay tuned

+ KilvasKills on October 25th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

I knew if I held out long enough I could get a GOTY edition LittleBigPlanet 2!

+ Hokage_45678 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Ohhhhhh I might pick this up! How much is this?

+ ItaChu on October 25th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

maybe its just me…. but i dont see the price…. LOL

+ lisatsunami on October 25th, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

Please don’t copy Katamari & name the upcoming Vita version, “Touch My Sack Boy”.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

ouch. Don’t worry we won’t.

+ zzamaro on October 25th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

Nice, how much for the LBP2 bundle?

My friend already has the move bundle, will there be a standalone so she can get only the game?

Oh, and I hope this special edition is the goty edition, because I plan to get this.

+ BRIT-KO on October 25th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

I already have LB2 (Doesn’t everybody?) but the UC3 Sackboy is cool.

+ KingLazy93 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

It’s around $100 guys, it’s perfect for the people who are getting this game new and need the Move accessories.

+ Tomm4118 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

This is literaly THE BEST news for me all year. I knew I wouldn’t forget waiting for this moment, and now it’s finally come! And just in time for the Holidays!!!!

This can not get any better.

+ hush404 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

I don’t have LBP2 yet, so maybe I’ll pick up this new SE :)

+ Tyfighter80 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Are we looking at $40 for this or $50? I kinda want to buy it and give mine to some relatives.

+ Aeolus426 on October 25th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Yeah good for them but what about the people that got the collectors edition or have the game but not psmove? and i only see $31 worth of dlc, nice false advertising.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

Let me break it down…

– Move pack ($9.99)
    – Toy Story level pack ($5.99)
    – 4x Toy Story costumes ($1.99 ea)
    – 4x Cats costumes ($.99 ea)
    – 4x Dogs costumes ($.99 ea)
    – 4x Even More Animals costumes ($.99)

Nothing false, just marketing math :)

+ Lasdrub on October 25th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

You guys do such a good job with Sack Boy and his costumes. My wife goes crazy every time she sees him. We bought the collector’s edition of LBP2, which is the first CE we’ve ever purchased. The Sackboy bookends are keeping our books up right now! LBP Vita is as good as sold. Keep up the good work!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on October 25th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

Nice! Good to hear you put those bookends to good use.

+ shadysaiyanz on October 25th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

Looks great!! I have both LBP’s but still :)

PAGE 1 2