PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Get Your Hands on PS Vita Early with the First Edition Bundle

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Oct 27, 2011 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hey PlayStation Vita fans! How would you like to get your hands on PS Vita one week before the official release date of February 22nd? After last Tuesday’s announcement of the PS Vita launch date, we are excited to bring more PS Vita news your way with the introduction of the PS Vita First Edition bundle. We’ve decided to give our most loyal fans an opportunity to own a PS Vita before everyone else. For a limited time in the U.S. and Canada, the PS Vita First Edition bundle will be pre-sold at select retail locations, starting today.

The U.S. bundle includes a PS Vita 3G + Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $349.99 (MSRP). The Canadian bundle includes a Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $299.99 (MSRP). Best of all, you can pick up the PS Vita First Edition Bundle on February 15, 2012, so this is your chance to play before everyone else.

PS Vita Image

With PS Vita, the world is in play. PS Vita is the next generation portable entertainment system, providing interaction with the world around you. Unlike any other handheld device ever designed, PS Vita provides all new ways to play, including a complete, socially connected experience with the biggest and best games. From the beautiful, highest resolution front touch screen and rear touch pad, to the dual analog sticks, motion sensors and dual cameras, PS Vita will offer all new ways to engage and play your favorite games. With both 3G and Wi-Fi support, you can stay connected with your PSN friends and social apps, while enjoying location-based gaming. And with select games, you’ll even be able to connect and play against PS3 owners, a feature that is only possible on PlayStation platforms.

Included with the PS Vita First Edition bundle is a copy of Little Deviants, which is a series of madcap adventures that allow you to have fun discovering and experimenting with the new PS Vita functions including rear touch and front touch, six-axis motion sensors, front and rear cameras and microphone. Little Deviants also offers an augmented reality shooter experience that lets players move around the real world firing shots and dodging enemies.

How many of you are going to order the PS Vita First Edition bundle? Be sure to let us know in the comments below!

+ mixedkidbx on October 27th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

lol….

i love how ppl are complaining about AT&T, yet Verizon charges the same amount for their plans.

BTW: since the iphone is now on Verizon, ive seen complaints go up about Verizon and complaints slowly come down bout AT&T. Which would makes sense cuz all those ppl that were complaining about AT&T poor service, and went to Verizon, are now doing the same thing on Verizon.

+ blueDragon666 on October 27th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

People Gamestop Canada is offering the bundel for Canada.

+ Neil on October 27th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Don’t want the 3G model so I guess I can wait.

+ tommy7154 on October 27th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

You’ve got like 100 comments now and fully half of them are your most loyal customers telling you they want the Wi-Fi bundle for $300 to be made available in the US. Your move Sony.

+ remanutd5 on October 27th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

how about bundle it with a 32 gb memory card? thats the only one im interested in , can you guys talk more about the 3G services ? is there gonna be a google + app on the vita ? will it have its own playstation store ? are we gonna be able to download more apps from the ps store ? i think Little Deviants is the perfect game to bundle at launch , when are little big planet , resistance burning skies coming out ? cant wait to have my vita !!!!

+ colstripcapn on October 27th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

For everyone asking about the 3G plan…

Go to AT&T’s website and look at the iPad data plan. It will be the same thing, questions answered.

The 25MB cap people have mentioned is the per file cap, meaning you will not be (nor would you ever WANT to) downloading games over 3G.

No there is no contract, yes there is a monthly fee to use it.

+ FriedConsole on October 27th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Wow Canada actually gets the better deal for once. Wi-fi only for US please!

+ Emerald_Swords on October 27th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

About time Canada gets the good stuff, Now you must know how we feel Americans!

+ Enforcer_X on October 27th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

@tommy7154
+1 Agreed, Sony the very people you want to preorder, the early adopters, are telling you, for free to your face, what we want.

+ PHead4 on October 27th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

I’m in the same boat as others here. If we could get a wifi only version, I’d go today and pay it all off. Not Interested in the 3G model.

+ head20 on October 27th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

make one thats wifi only and change the case to one u can play while in the case wha do u people think we all going to jump to AT&T really other then that make it come out a month early and u got a deal

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 27th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

I KNOW THAT THE SMARTEST THING TO DO IN A SITUATION OF HAND HELD RELEASES IS JUST WAIT TIL A BETTER VERSION OF IT IS OUT IN A FEW YEARS..BUT ITS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.SO I GUESS IM JUST GONNA LIVE LIFE AT THE MOMENT AND GET A VITA 3G BUNDLE :P SONY GOT MY 350 PLUS TAX ..AND WITH TWISTED METAL AND STARHAWK RIGHT AROUND THE SAME CORNER..WHICH MEANS IM GOING TO HAVE TO MANAGE MY MONEY ALOT BETTER NEXT YEAR :/

+ jazhers on October 27th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

I WANT, but please give us a wifi only model here, and I’m all on it times 2!!!

+ Falryu on October 27th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

I got excited for a moment. Then I read the 3g only for US? :(. Please add a wifi bundle and I’ll preorder it instantly.

+ Atheist4Jee-zuhs on October 27th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Bring the wifi bundle to the US and I’ll pick it up. Not enough value in the 3G bundle for me.

+ Tchanku on October 27th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

I want to be clear..I would love to have 3g…with sprint. :D but I know that hardware just isn’t going into the system.

+ AceOfSpades725 on October 27th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Yeah, just like many other comments, I would preorder the US bundle IF it was the WIFI only model.

+ Redrox on October 27th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

I just pre-ordered this at Amazon :) I can’t wait…but it states delivery date is 2/20 :( so that would only get this to me TWO! days before original release date!?!?! It should be early release date delivery on the 15th, anything Sony can tell us about that? I mean why announce a week head start when it is only going to be 2 days.

+ Falryu on October 27th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Come on John Koller! Make some calls! Get that bundle for the Wifi version available for US!

+ boxmyth on October 27th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Show me the “limited edition case”. If it’s classy, and can protect the Vita inside the harsh environment that is my backpack, then I’ll bite.

+ biohazardzombie on October 27th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Give me the Wifi version in the US, then I’ll be happy. I’m dissapointed, Sony.

+ TwinDad on October 27th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

75% of the Vita buyers want the Wi-Fi only version. Sony comes up with a launch bundle that includes items that people don’t want. Bravo!

In addition you want people to blind purchase 3G without the details of cost, speed, caps, etc… Keep it real.

+ jazzyrider on October 27th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

As much as I’m excited for the PS Vita, I would like to see a different/better bundle(s)…

How about a WiFi bundle only? How about an Uncharted bundle? I will not be pre-ordering the bundle mentioned in this blog at all. I don’t need 3G, just basic WiFi.

So please please add a WiFi + Uncharted and I’m sure you’ll have some very happy customers in addition to more sales! :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 27th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Preordering!

+ LEEONE on October 27th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

For the US make it a Wi-Fi and switch Little Deviants for Uncharted and I’ll gladly write you a blank check. :P Who’s with me?

+ forevercloud on October 27th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

This is really rather enticing but for me one of two things needs to change.

I really want a 16gb but I will settle for a 8gb(which is the same as my current PSP’s memstick). 4gb is just too small to matter when Vita games can be up to 4gb and my music/psp games/video collection can trump that in no time.

OR

Swap Uncharted:Golden Abyss/Gravity Rush for Little Deviants.

Because…
+$250 Wifi Vita
+$70-80 16gb MemCard
+$40 Uncharted:GA/Gravity Rush
=$360 Total

+ Kirkpad on October 27th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

Once Canada pre-order retailers are hammered out, I am DOWN.

+ sharpshoot on October 27th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

You guys you can buy that from canada thats in north america. You wont be locked out in games or anything if you want the wifi only from there.

+ mcbuttz78 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

hey every one..

I just to be clear both version of ps vita do the same exact thing the 3g version buying the of data plan is optional. it will not charge to use the wi fi funcion nor wil lthe function differ that much. the data plan is basically a cloud type of thing. But reagular wfi function does not have online cloud. but you can still stay connected to the psn universe with both the same way. Also the 3g version is a little bit faster in term snyc’n things.

I hope this clear things up a bit.. I would liek to say th psn legionairee group is recruiting . please hit playstationhometoday web site. and join everyone is welcomed… We will have a election next month..

Mcbuttz78
vp -psn legioniaree group

+ David2Crazy on October 27th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Pre-ordered :)

+ Techni on October 27th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Sold. Where do I sign up?

+ WakizashiM on October 27th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Hey Sony, if you want us Canadians to give you our hard-earned money, it would be nice to know WHERE we can get the damn thing.

+ David2Crazy on October 27th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

I was planning on getting the 3G version too, but since the bundle in Canada is wifi-only I went with that and in reality I don’t “need” the 3G. It’s an extra expense I won’t regret not having.

+ David2Crazy on October 27th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

@WakizashiM

I pre-ordered mine at GameStop.ca. But I agree with you, they really should have put it in the actual blog post instead of making me hunt around.

+ Conaaando on October 27th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

I’m not happy. I live in Brazil. :-(

+ Kedaro on October 27th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

Already pre-purchased the hardware at EB, I’ll go down and change the fact that I jumped the gun.

+ JG4Horrorshow on October 27th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Ahh all I want is the WiFi model. Guess this bundle isn’t for me.

+ JG4Horrorshow on October 27th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

Actually, that memory card is too small. So this bundle super isn’t for me.

+ rbl23342 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

Oh yeah i am soo on top of this…going for the U.S. bundle

+ rbl23342 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

my one question is..where will i be picking it up? what retail locations will offer this bundle?…

+ febwtf on October 27th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

yuck. based on the price of the package deal, that means a 4GB vita card (able to hold 2-4 vita games) is going to be $40-$50, right around what a 16GB class 10 SDHC card costs. I still really want a Vita, but now I have to decide whether I want to pay a premium for the launch model with its premium-priced vita cards, or wait until sandisk/kingston/etc make reasonably-priced cards and miss out on backwards compatibility (they did it with the PS3, why should we expect anything different from the Vita)

+ Spyroluver88 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Just to clarify…I think folks are confused about the 3G. You do not need to use the 3G if you don’t want it! And no pricing has been announced. If it’s like the iPad plan, you do not need to already use AT&T to have a data plan with them and that plan does not require a contract. So you could pay for it when you wanted to or not. It would stink to find out I wanted it after I bought hardware which won’t support it.
And by the way, Little Deviants uses most, if not all the features of the PS Vita. I tried it at E3 and loved it! That being said I would love a bigger memory stick but it’s still going to make me change my reserve! I can’t wait!

+ hush404 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

I’m actually not really interested in LD and place on getting a larger than 4GB card for my Vita… so I really don’t see the point.

+ angelspawn77 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

I don’t think there’s any reason why both bundles can’t be available in both places, I don’t want the 3G version, I want the wifi version, but now since you guys aren’t offering it here in the states, I’m gonna have to pass on it altogether for now.

+ abort_user on October 27th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

i would buy the wifi version if it were available in the US. i think you are really going to hurt your sales this way. people want the wifi version. that is the one thats going to sell.

i also dont like how prices for memory cards havent been announced yet in the US. this is not a good sign. as much as i hate to say it, Vita is off to a rocky launch. i hope Sony wises up or it will the PSP all over again.

+ abort_user on October 27th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

or worse…. the PSPgo….

+ KidCommando on October 27th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

@ Spyroluver88

It would also stink to pay and extra $50 if you know you don’t want 3G.

+ submission44 on October 27th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Wifi only with 16 gb card and uncharted and you can have my money.

+ Lugoves on October 27th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Nah. I’ll wait a week and save the extra 40$ for a game I want. I have memory cards, and I’m particular about my case(s) still a day one purchase! Can’t wait.

+ zech678 on October 27th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said: