PS4 - Transistor

Ubisoft Bringing New PSN Content This Winter and Beyond

Alex Monney's Avatar + Posted by Alex Monney on Oct 27, 2011 // PR Specialist, Ubisoft

Yesterday, Ubisoft hosted its second annual Digital Day where we showed off a handful of our upcoming digital products, including new PlayStation Network titles. Last year, Ubisoft released some great PSN titles, such as From Dust, Outland, Clash of Heroes and Beyond Good & Evil HD. We’re looking to build on that momentum with a diverse portfolio of digital games.

I Am Alive

In September, Ubisoft announced that I Am Alive was releasing on digital platforms this winter. At Digital Day, we showed off the long awaited game for the first time ever. Our demo started off with the main character arriving back to his home town of Haventon one year after the event. He finds the place he once knew and loved torn apart by “the Event”. Society is torn as everyone in the town of Haventon fight for survival. Your mission: find your family and stay alive.

Ubisoft Shanghai has put a lot of work in creating a new and unique take on the post-apocalyptic genre. I Am Alive plays to the sense of realism stepping away creating an environment that places important questions in front of gamers. Would you give your limited resources away to save an innocent bystander? Or will you leave them to fend for themselves in a harsh environment?

Ubisoft Digital Days: I Am AliveUbisoft Digital Days: I Am Alive

Building further on this realistic take, combat in the game is controlled with a new intimidation system. Our hero has weapons, but resources such as bullets and arrows are scarce. As he encounters enemies in the world, our hero must utilize strategic bluffs to gain the upper hand in combat situations. This could mean holding an empty gun up to unarmed enemies in order to intimidate them into surrendering.

I Am Alive is getting ready for a winter launch, so be sure to keep your eyes out for more information coming soon.

Shoot Many Robots

Do you hate robots? Would you like to shoot many of them? Do you also love crazy amounts of loot? If you answered yes to all of these, we may just be new best friends. Also, I have an amazingly awesome game that I want to talk to you about. Developed by Demiurge Studios, Shoot Many Robots is a unique take on the run-n-gun shooter. You’ll control P. Walter Tugnut as he goes on an all-out war against the robot race. Don’t feel like taking on a race of murderous robots by yourself? Well you’re in luck because Shoot Many Robots will offer two-player couch co-op and four-player co-op over the PlayStation Network when it launches early in 2012.

Babel Rising

Ubisoft Digital Days: Babel Rising

In Babel Rising, gamers play as God, preventing humans from building the tower of Babel. Gamers can use their divine powers by hurling bolts of lightning, summoning massive earthquakes or unleashing gigantic floods upon the Babylonians. Mando Productions, the developer of Babel Rising, has built upon their original mobile release of Babel Rising by creating new 3D environments and integrating competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes. Babel Rising will also feature PlayStation Move support allowing gamers to use intuitive controls to smite Babylonians. Look for more information on Babel Rising as we get closer to our launch in 2012.

Project Haste

Ubisoft Digital Days: Haste

Developed by Techland, Project Haste (a working title) is a high-speed ATV racing game. Speed through exotic locations, fly through the air pulling off insane tricks and customize your ATV to your racing style. Project Haste will offer six gameplay modes, including tournament and stunt challenges that we showed off at Digital Day. Look for Project Haste to speed onto the PlayStation Store in 2012.

+ Craazy on October 27th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

Cool the robots game looks like a winner!

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on October 27th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

Shoot Many Robots is crazy fun. The guys over at Demiurge Studios have put together a hell of a fun game. Can’t tell you how satisfying it is to run around with the ridiculous arsenal of weapons that they have.

+ shyguyNC on October 27th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Babel Rising – pretty cool idea for a tower defense game!

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on October 27th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

I’m a huge tower defense fan, so I’ve totally dug what I played in the office. “Me gusta” – Official Alex Seal of Approval

+ explosive78 on October 27th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

This looks great ubi. Any chance the new splinter cell conviction will come to ps3,

+ LordRazen38 on October 27th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Looks interesting

+ CQCider on October 27th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Hey Ubisoft, guess what? If you can’t do something as simple as give players an inverted aim option even though there are literally thousands of articles and forum threads about it all over the internet pointing it out as a non-selling point and even petitions asking you to, then I can honestly say that I and thousands upon thousands like me could not care less about your “new” PSN content. Get a clue or get out.

+ Lugoves on October 27th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

ooh. yea. #5 I need inverted aim as well … Don’t want to date myself here but i played flight sims since the Commodore 64 , and I have gotten so use to it .. I have to have inverted aim. If it’s a touch screen I seem to be able to adapt. But no hope for m with a DS. lol

+ AmandaVeronica on October 27th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

I Am Alive looks a little Assassin’s Creed-esque

Shoot Many Robots looks pretty fun…. and of course there is a robot called Fat Boy, haha.

I admittedly didn’t even look at the other games *shrugs* short attention span.

+ RE_Player on October 27th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

Between these releases, From Dust, and the upcoming Assassin’s Creed and Rayman Origins Ubisoft is killing it on the PS3. Keep it coming.

Alex Monney's Avatar

+ Alex Monney on October 27th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

It’s a good time to be a gamer :)

I see many trophies in my future.

+ Orufonz0 on October 27th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

pleaseeeeeeeee, let I AM ALIVE, come out this year!!! I will buy it day one!!!

+ YohanSONKAI on October 27th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

Very good selection, but since i just got the error code 80023102 and it won’t allow me to fund my wallet i’ll pass.

+ MarkakaJin on October 27th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

I love From Dust, it’s the best PSN game I’ve ever played so far. It would be great if there’s a feature like random map generator or an actual option to play free mode. Babel Rising seems interesting and I really do enjoy Tower Defense games. We need more of those kind of games on the PSN. As for I Am Alive, it’s something I’ve been looking forward to ever since I saw the trailer and I’m glad it’s finally coming out soon.

+ Onvertic on October 27th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

It’s great that you guys are going to keep releasing psn games like From Dust. How about your PSP published games like Exit, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins among others.

+ Psicocrusher on October 27th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I am alive looks awesome! Can’t wait to get it!

+ KILLZONE79 on October 27th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

So i am alive is not cancelead as it was a long while ago when PS3 released back in november 2006

+ Frejim on October 27th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

“Last year, Ubisoft released some great PSN titles, such as From Dust,”

Wasn’t From Dust released this year on September????

+ wolfzero1 on October 27th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

shoot many robots looks like fun, about time there was some info on I Am Alive as I thought it had been canceled. it sure would be nice to get some info on the Beyond Good & Evil sequel

+ jelly_bean on October 27th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

I am Alive and Assassin’s Creed will keep me busy. Good job guys ;)

+ JH-FallenReaper on October 27th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

I am alive is cool will get it but im disapointed its going to be a psn game oh well i know itll stil be good!!oh and i dont like assasins creed i just cant get into them maybe not my type of game!!

+ mikeisawesom on October 27th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

I know that this comment has absolutely nothing to do with this article/story but it’s something that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. PSN should get a Skype App on the Store. It would enhance the usage of my PSEye sooo much because I only use it maybe once every 4 months and it’s just wasted space sitting in my room. Also why have a vid chat feature only for people with PSN when in Reality WE probably have 1000′s more friends that want to Chat.

+ solo013 on October 27th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

I want I Am Alive. It looks awesome. Kinda reminds me of I Am Legend.

+ luvtoseek on October 27th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

The original IPs are looking nice. Outland is IMO, a AAA downloadable title. However, while Ubisoft often gets my support (great AC series so far!), their remakes are laughable. The customers are there, & all Ubisoft remakes (was on the verge of purchasing the Splinter Cell pack, but gamers & the press spoke out about its control issues & buggy trophy support). There will be no update patch, because let’s face it- they would have addressed the issues by now.

On a diff. note, I can’t wait for Rayman. I’ll even grab the Vita version.

+ luvtoseek on October 27th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

@ #18, most unlikely as MS has purchased Skype. Though, I thought Skype was mentioned in on supporting Vita?

+ Dcrazy204 on October 27th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

i am alive look like is going to be hot.by way any chance of ubisotf bringing back tmnt turtles in times reshelled

+ DeathGazer on October 27th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Shoot Many Robots and I Am Alive are almost assuredly day 1 one buys.

Good stuff, Ubi.

+ sdmentor on October 27th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

i am alive looks good might get it

+ guitarded77 on October 27th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Hey Alex Monney… why don’t y’all go ahead and patch trophies to Assassin’s Creed while you’re at it?

+ Genexi2 on October 27th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Nice to see some fresh IPs on the way after a nearly non-stop onslaught of sequels being released into the market.

Babel Rising is of particular interest to me since it’s been a long while since I’ve played a god-game, nor are there hardly any on the PSN market to begin with!

+ bharken on October 27th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

Like!

+ Berae on October 27th, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

I dont understand why you chose to make I AM ALIVE a digital release, I thought it would be big enough I mean the world seem to be worth a full game.

+ Souledge94 on October 27th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

I am alive looks real good. Price and release date?

+ RunnerKyle on October 27th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

BEYOND!!!

+ MilaNumber14 on October 27th, 2011 at 7:53 pm said:

I Am Alive looks like a very intriguing game to play. Out of curiosity, how much will it be?

+ thundercat17 on October 27th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ubisoft, go back to microsoft you traitor asswipes

+ Hooligantuan on October 28th, 2011 at 12:00 am said:

I’d rather build the Tower of Babel and punch God in the jaw.

+ Kchow23 on October 28th, 2011 at 1:53 am said:

“I am Alive” looks interesting… would love to see a new Splinter Cell for PS3 and I can’t wait for Revelations!

+ colstripcapn on October 28th, 2011 at 3:57 am said:

/sigh

Still no turn-based RPGs. I wish developers would learn that it is a greatly under-served market. So perhaps it is marketing’s fault telling the developers gamers only want FPS and zombie games =/

+ DamagedJustice69 on October 28th, 2011 at 7:41 am said:

Ubi really needs to outline the release date and price of DLC for Rocksmith…

+ zombie9 on October 28th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

Splinter Cell anyone hello :)

+ Matrix_Lion on October 28th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

I’m really looking forward to I Am Alive. This game feels special to me.

+ TUSTIN1 on October 28th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Speaking of Ubisoft and PSN, how about some DLC for Rocksmith.

Any news on when we’ll be seeing some?

+ BuriedSorrow on October 28th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Looking forward to I Am Alive. Looks fun.

+ CaptainJeff87 on October 28th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Any chance of these games (especially I Am Alive and Shoot Many Robots) getting a PS Plus discount?

+ xRedxViolence on October 28th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

my buddy was very upset with you guys over spilter cell.

i’am alive looks pretty good but is this another First person game? i’am more than tired of those.

+ plaztiksyke on October 28th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

Really excited for I Am Alive and Babel Rising.

I’d love to see Ubisoft publish HD versions of the Broken Sword series on PSN like they have for other platforms. Even more awesome would be playing Real MYST (and the other Myst games) with 1080p native assets on PS3.

+ PainOfSarrow on October 28th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

xRedxViolence from the looks of the video it looks like 3rd person view.

+ Kid_Grim on October 30th, 2011 at 12:44 am said:

I Am Alive looks amazing, I’m definitely going to be purchasing that title. it looks like a mix between resident evil and uncharted.